Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Mad Lupine posted:

Game crashed in a match a few minutes before 'Fresh Cut' ended. Tried to play one more game before event ended but went over time by one minute. Placed 51st so I didn't even get a Magneto. This game is awful.

Still going to keep playing.

That sucks. I would've actually been cool with getting ranked lower than 50 because I really like BWO and could use some more upgrades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe
I feel like maybe they lowered the drop rate of gold covers from standard and heroic tokens? Or maybe I'm just on a long unlucky streak.

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Just posting to say I was successful in my endeavors and if you're not trying to grind while poo poo is bugged you're missing out!

Yup, I went from 550 to 880 in about 30 mins. It seems that because it's not properly tracking your score updates, you can still get 30 point games even when you're coming first in your bracket. I stopped and shielded as soon as it seemed to have fixed itself, but 880 was enough for first place.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Nerfing decisions appear less play balancing and more Whack-a-Mole

Kiffetastic
Aug 20, 2004

Oooooh Yeeeees!

shadok posted:

I feel like maybe they lowered the drop rate of gold covers from standard and heroic tokens? Or maybe I'm just on a long unlucky streak.

I can't remember the last time I got anything worthwhile out of a token at all, heroic or otherwise.

JohnnySmitch
Oct 20, 2004

Don't touch me there - Noone has that right.
Kinda glad I slacked on the psylock tourney - ended up getting 2 3stars from my 3 standard tokens; Magneto red and Black Panther blue!

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Yeah I pulled a Punisher red from a standard token. Now he's at 13 covers. 5/4/4, but I'll take it for now. The two turn countdown on the Molotovs can really add up with strike tiles.

I hopped into the no holds barred elite. I've never done it before. I'm actually doing OK. The rewards kind of suck, but I'm not regretting the investment. Ranked in the top 20 at the moment, and my bracket seems quiet. I had a couple defensive victories too for some sweet points. Running Thor, OBW, and Punisher (132 atm).

E: took 6th place. 2 heroic tokens, 50 HP, and 1000 ISO. Plus the 890 ISO and 2 standard tokens from progression rewards. Not a bad haul. And I scored a red LazyCap cover from a heroic token.

waffles beyond waffles fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Jun 1, 2014

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head
No Holds Barred event ended and I placed 2nd!

I got a Daredevil from the token. I hate this game.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

So, does Classic Human Torch suck? He doesn't seem very good just from playing against him in the Simulator level. I have a 2 star Captain America that could easily take his place since hero points are a bitch to come by.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

Regrettable posted:

So, does Classic Human Torch suck? He doesn't seem very good just from playing against him in the Simulator level. I have a 2 star Captain America that could easily take his place since hero points are a bitch to come by.

He's actually pretty good, though you have to be careful when using his black power. At least, he was good using a boosted low level version, and I assume he's significantly better if you actually have more than a few covers on him.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Sefer posted:

He's actually pretty good, though you have to be careful when using his black power. At least, he was good using a boosted low level version, and I assume he's significantly better if you actually have more than a few covers on him.

Yeah, I only have one and I never liked Human Torch as a kid. I have plenty of other good characters so he's gone. It'll probably be about a week before I get enough points to unlock three more slots and I don't want to lose some of the covers I have.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
What's with Sentry's model pose when waiting to attack?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

His hair keeps blowing into his eyes.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Psyduck Superman

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe
Got four three-stars out of my Season 2 10-pack: 2 Dooms, a Loki and a grey suit BW. Could have been worse.

Shroud
May 11, 2009

Regrettable posted:

Yeah, I only have one and I never liked Human Torch as a kid. I have plenty of other good characters so he's gone. It'll probably be about a week before I get enough points to unlock three more slots and I don't want to lose some of the covers I have.

You may want to keep him. You never when they're going to run some PVE event that requires him.

Edit: grammar

Shroud fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Jun 1, 2014

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Shroud posted:

You may want to keep him. You never when they're going to run some PVE event that requires him.

Edit: grammar

Hmm, I didn't think about that.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Thankfully when I first joined G.O.O.N the going was good so I have nearly a 40 hero roster, I only get rid of the common 1 star heroes I haven't bothered levelling like Hawkeye. I think the drop rate may have improved as I have recently got a DD, Hood and Magneto Classic from standard tokens.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Lofty132 posted:

Thankfully when I first joined G.O.O.N the going was good so I have nearly a 40 hero roster, I only get rid of the common 1 star heroes I haven't bothered levelling like Hawkeye. I think the drop rate may have improved as I have recently got a DD, Hood and Magneto Classic from standard tokens.

Eh, I keep one star Hawkeye around. When I'm low on health packs, I can just do a couple of easy story missions using him to neutralize enemy attacks while I use BWO to heal.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
gently caress this lovely broken game so goddamn much.

Decided to make a push for patch covers. Spent three loving hours trying to get from 700 to 800 getting crabbed down constantly. Finally hit 810 and shielded.

Apparently I'm shielded at 775 now and 5th place that guaranteed won't hold up for a top 10 spot. IAP currency down the drain unless I want to settle for top 25 and one cover.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Check your position on the leaderboard before/after shielding as it forces the server to update for you so the shield goes into effect properly server-side.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Check your position on the leaderboard before/after shielding as it forces the server to update for you so the shield goes into effect properly server-side.

I did that. Showed up 810 before, shielded, 775 after. No attack notification either.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Mad Lupine posted:

No Holds Barred event ended and I placed 2nd!

I got a Daredevil from the token. I hate this game.

:allears: MPQ is the gift that keeps on giving. 12 hour events work out great here in Australia, where I'm asleep for 8 of those hours.

danpipoly
May 17, 2003
Hey, I'm a new player to MPQ. I want to join a goon alliance, and I see the list in the OP. If I find an alliance that has openings, how likely will it be that I'll be allowed in?

Edit: my username is dpipoly.

danpipoly fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Jun 2, 2014

Deadly Chlorine
Nov 8, 2009

The accumulated filth of all the dog poop and hairballs will foam up about their waists and all the catladies and dog crazies will look up and shout "Save us!"
... and I'll look down and whisper
"No."

How the gently caress do you even see your PVP defense in this game? I have no clue what heroes the game is even picking to defend.

^^Just post your ign here, it's pretty likely since a lot of people are leaving the game

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

Deadly Chlorine posted:

How the gently caress do you even see your PVP defense in this game? I have no clue what heroes the game is even picking to defend.

^^Just post your ign here, it's pretty likely since a lot of people are leaving the game

PVP defense is always the last team you won with. If you want a different defense team than your normal offense team, you have to make sure your last fight is using the different team.

tankfish
May 31, 2013
Hey did anyone one else get booted from the Alliances?

tankfish
May 31, 2013
Never mind it was the game crapping itself.

Wet Biscuit McGlee
Jul 13, 2006

girls hate me
I never got the 50 hp reward for reaching 900. Got attacked and gave up.

Managed to crab my way into the top 25, though, so I got 100 hp now!

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

The servers were seriously making GBS threads themselves during the last five minutes there. I was number 5 for the normal simulator but couldn't get the game to do anything but sit and try to load so I ended up getting top ten instead. Got around rank 30 for the hard simulator and 17 for Starfall. Those plus the alliance ranks gave me enough hp for the three character slots I needed.

retro sexual
Mar 14, 2005
2 spots free in Hired Goons if anyone wants in. Bonus points if you want to expand us to our 12th spot (1200hp).

Goldom
Feb 19, 2009

The governor has given a rats-alert advising people to stay in their homes.
Hey fellow Pizza folks: I saw IceIX say on the official board that he can de-commander people who have been completely inactive in their alliance for a long time. Maybe another commander could send him a PM over there and see if he could do that to our old friend Poops? I've never posted there myself so it won't let me PM, and I figure they'd probably want to hear the request from a commander anyway.

Also, we're sitting at exactly #250 in the PVE, which is the limit for the cover, so any little push from a few of the less active would be helpful.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

There's also four spots available in GoonStyle (currently 14 slots max).

Kowak
Jan 1, 2007

Anals of History posted:

There's also four spots available in GoonStyle (currently 14 slots max).

I just applied to GoonStyle as Kowak.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Not a commander, but sure hope someone approves you.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Goldom posted:

Hey fellow Pizza folks: I saw IceIX say on the official board that he can de-commander people who have been completely inactive in their alliance for a long time. Maybe another commander could send him a PM over there and see if he could do that to our old friend Poops? I've never posted there myself so it won't let me PM, and I figure they'd probably want to hear the request from a commander anyway.

Also, we're sitting at exactly #250 in the PVE, which is the limit for the cover, so any little push from a few of the less active would be helpful.

Link? Also Rauthe and Gestalt, pipe up!

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Jun 3, 2014

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Gestalt here.

I've been procrastinating on making a decision whether or not I was done with the game but still following the thread - I haven't felt any desire to play for like a week now, and they don't look to be making the game any more casual friendly any time soon, so I'll log in and free up a Pizzaslot.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Part of me wants to walk away from the game, but the other part loves when I find a combo that just works well. Patch/Psylocke/OBW is mopping the floor in the current event, since they complement each other's colors, have healing, and once Patch throws up the strike tiles Psylocke has cheap red and black abilities to just poke everyone to death. I've gained almost as many points on defense as I have on offense.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Bruceski posted:

Part of me wants to walk away from the game, but the other part loves when I find a combo that just works well. Patch/Psylocke/OBW is mopping the floor in the current event, since they complement each other's colors, have healing, and once Patch throws up the strike tiles Psylocke has cheap red and black abilities to just poke everyone to death. I've gained almost as many points on defense as I have on offense.

It's why I still check this thread from time to time, even though I quit several months ago. It's a really neat game! It's such a shame it's run by such money grubbing assholes, because it would be a great game if they weren't trying to suck cash out of you every time you pick it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
How hard is it to make a match 3 game? Surely someone could make a decent rival (without the amazing licence, admittedly).