Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

circumcision snipe

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

circumcision snipe

You're supposed to post your source, but...I...I'm not sure I want you to.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Phylodox posted:

You're supposed to post your source, but...I...I'm not sure I want you to.
How can you not recognise Foreskin Man, you philistine!

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

MikeJF posted:

Even better, just canonise that 616's Wolverine did, in fact, have a passionate affair with Hercules back in the 1900s.

And that facial hair.

Well they implied a few times that Hercules/Wolverine is somehting that happens a lot in multiple universes.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Well they implied a few times that Hercules/Wolverine is somehting that happens a lot in multiple universes.
If you're basically immortal and you don't have gay sex at some point (or straight sex if you identify as gay), then I don't think you are taking enough advantage of being immortal.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

circumcision snipe

More like circumcision snip! I wonder if any new issues came out of that drat thing.

Wapole Languray
Jul 4, 2012

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I've heard of worse relationships than ones built on a mutual love of booze and fighting.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Wapole Languray posted:

I've heard of worse relationships than ones built on a mutual love of booze and fighting.

That's most of my relationships.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Wapole Languray posted:

You mean there's other things to build a relationship on? That explains so much of what I've been doing wrong all these years.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Wapole Languray posted:

Tell that to my father.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Wapole Languray posted:

And given Hercules' track mythological track record for 'roughness' with his lovers (depending on whose interpretation of his marriage to Megara you're reading), someone who could heal after being torn in half either vertically or horizontally is a phenomenally good and logical choice on Herc's part.

"Meh, he'll stitch himself back together. NOW WHO'S UP FOR SOME FUCKIN' AMBROSIA!?!?!"

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Skwirl posted:

If you're basically immortal and you don't have gay sex at some point (or straight sex if you identify as gay), then I don't think you are taking enough advantage of being immortal.

Didn't Northstar get weepy at Herc's funeral? I could swear it was implied that he'd been with Herc during a discussion of how many people he'd slept with at one time or another.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Depending on how much Ambrosia was present, I'm not sure if every instances of "You're pretty, whoever you are" makes any homosexual experience Herc may have had as willing on his part. I'm sure he didn't care once he sobered up, but y'know, cocaine Ambrosia is a hellofa drug. You think you slept with a Nymph and it turned out to be some unbelievable night with Satyr named Larry. "Oh well, at least he can make some fine Baklava" says Herc as he moves onto his next conquest and/or adventure.

And now I can't stop thinking of Herc as Rick James. "Thor! Let's go to the Abyss!"

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Jun 2, 2014

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

prefect posted:

Didn't Northstar get weepy at Herc's funeral? I could swear it was implied that he'd been with Herc during a discussion of how many people he'd slept with at one time or another.

That was more a comment about Wolverine, everyone knows Hercules has slept with men, he's an ancient Greek.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

I cannot for the life of me find the source, but solid dick apparently used to mean "harsh advice".

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

WickedHate posted:

I cannot for the life of me find the source, but solid dick apparently used to mean "harsh advice".

I'm guessing you get the same tweets as I do 'cause I saw it this morning as well (and could not find a source either).

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I saw it on tumblr, actually. Reverse image googling, it seems to get posted a lot with things like the Joker boner panel and Batman shamefully implying he secretly hosed Robin. This is the first time I've ever seen it myself though.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

WickedHate posted:

That Solid Dick looks photoshoped.

I hear celebreties, like Tony Stark, do that to protect their image. :colbert:

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

X-Men Legacy 16

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I bring you bad news from Captain America #176

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Ghostlight posted:

I was starting to figure that was the case. Huh, and I thought it'd be Avengers.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Ghostlight posted:

This past week I've been re-reading some of World's Finest and it was kind of strange to encounter this in context:

(World's Finest 153)

It's the same situation.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Random Stranger posted:

This past week I've been re-reading some of World's Finest and it was kind of strange to encounter this in context:

(World's Finest 153)

It's the same situation.
Holy poo poo, I had never until this moment seen the unedited panel.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Ghostlight posted:

I'm so sad right now. That edit was just too perfect.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

TwoPair posted:

I'm so sad right now. That edit was just too perfect.

Those colors look super modern, tho, and apparently the issue was reprinted in a tradepaper back in 2005 while it originally came out in 1978, so there's a chance the sentence was edited to make sense in 2005 while the original does, in fact, say Iron Man needs to give Cap a Solid Dick.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Those colors look super modern, tho, and apparently the issue was reprinted in a tradepaper back in 2005 while it originally came out in 1978, so there's a chance the sentence was edited to make sense in 2005 while the original does, in fact, say Iron Man needs to give Cap a Solid Dick.

Or someone on the internet lied to create humor/get attention.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Yeah, looking at the alignment of the text, I'd say that the original had "advice" instead of "dick".

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Ow!

Who the hell is Occam and why did he leave this razor laying around?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

You stupid nerds made me dig out my Captain America DVD.

These are Marvel's own scans from the original comics.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Those look obviously Photoshopped for release on the DVD!

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
This conspiracy goes all the way to the top!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Phylodox posted:

Yeah, looking at the alignment of the text, I'd say that the original had "advice" instead of "dick".
That, and the 'K' really stands out with how sharply aliased it is because it's the only letter they weren't able to cut-and-paste from the existing dialog in the panel. The fact that a bolded 'K' appears in the very next panel suggests that they only had that one panel as a source for the edit, rather than the full comic page.

The panels I posted are from Marvel Unlimited, so they are super-modern, but it's the details on the DICK that give it away.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

CapnAndy posted:

Holy poo poo, I had never until this moment seen the unedited panel.

FWIW, it's an imaginary story where Bruce Wayne became Batman because he thought Superboy murdered his father. I don't want to explain it further mainly because the idea of Super Joe Chill is hilarious to me.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Random Stranger posted:

FWIW, it's an imaginary story where Bruce Wayne became Batman because he thought Superboy murdered his father. I don't want to explain it further mainly because the idea of Super Joe Chill is hilarious to me.

He ends up getting so pissed at Robin that he wipes his memory and leaves him at an orphanage. This is not undone after it turns out Robin was right about Superboy not being a murderer.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

WickedHate posted:

He ends up getting so pissed at Robin that he wipes his memory and leaves him at an orphanage. This is not undone after it turns out Robin was right about Superboy not being a murderer.

I'm going to assume that in that universe Dick Grayson got adopted by a loving family who didn't have him endanger himself nightly and lived happily ever after. Or at least until that giant white wall of anti-matter consumed the universe.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Dick isn't a good name for a character.

This is a photoshop too. Not sure of the source.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

Say Nothing posted:

I don't understand what you mean.

(New Teen Titans #39)

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Say Nothing posted:

The original dialog probably didn't even need to be edited.

I don't have a source either because it's incredibly hard to google Teen Titans panels due to the sheer amount of noise created by the Teen Titans cartoon.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

funtax posted:

I don't understand what you mean.

(New Teen Titans #39)

Does Starfire have a relative named Cilantro?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

He drinks a Whiskey drink, he drinks a Vodka drink
He drinks a Lager drink, he drinks a Cider drink...

Dick Tracy's number one fan.

The MSJ posted:

Does Starfire have a relative named Cilantro?

No but her sister's Komand'r. She's the one that wants to be in charge. No, really.

• Locked thread