Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
behold, the power of the atom

Nuclear power is a misunderstood and potentially indefinite source or energy for you and your family. Did you know that:

• nuclear power is carbon emissions free
  • involves very little fuel material
  • can be produced domestically, and is not reliant on foreign investment
  • nuclear waste is largely a myth
  • has resulted in zero fatalities in north America since its inception
  • utilizes science
  • Is a viable alternative to fossil fuels / coal.
Coal is the fastest growing energy providing resource in the world, killing millions of chinks with coal death. At the same time, nuclear power is being demonized as a harbinger of the apocalypse. this could not be any further from the truth. Nuclear power is the safest source of energy known to man. The production of solar panels is more dangerous than nuclear power and that is a documented fact. The background radiation levels at fukushima are less than that of new Hampshire. Only 56 people died at Chernobyl and they were all commies.

Invest in our future people. split the atom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Belgian
Oct 28, 2008

mookface posted:

behold, the power of the atom

Nuclear power is a misunderstood and potentially indefinite source or energy for you and your family. Did you know that:

• nuclear power is carbon emissions free
  • involves very little fuel material
  • can be produced domestically, and is not reliant on foreign investment
  • nuclear waste is largely a myth
  • utilizes science
  • Is a viable alternative to fossil fuels / coal.
Coal is the fastest growing energy providing resource in the world, killing millions of chinks with coal death. At the same time, nuclear power is being demonized as a harbinger of the apocalypse. this could not be any further from the truth. Nuclear power is the safest source of energy known to man. The production of solar panels is more dangerous than nuclear power and that is a documented fact. The background radiation levels at fukushima are less than that of new Hampshire. Only 56 people died at Chernobyl and they were all commies.

Invest in our future people. split the atom

agree

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Corey Plumper
Nov 22, 2008

Death from radiation seems cooler than death from coal

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

its pronounced "nuclear"

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

hell yes

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

its crazy because when I was a college aged person I heard all of this rhetoric against nuclear power and didn't really understand it. it turns out that its all total bullshit and people are a bunch of total retards because if you are against nuclear power, you tacitly support the proliferation of fossil fuels. It is counter-intuitive for the left to be against nuclear power but also to fight against climate change. The main lobby against nuclear power is and always has been big oil

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
its tha t comic with the final fantaseys ,rigth ?

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

quakster posted:

its tha t comic with the final fantaseys ,rigth ?

yes verry good :twisted:

The Belgian
Oct 28, 2008

mookface posted:

its crazy because when I was a college aged person I heard all of this rhetoric against nuclear power and didn't really understand it. it turns out that its all total bullshit and people are a bunch of total retards because if you are against nuclear power, you tacitly support the proliferation of fossil fuels. It is counter-intuitive for the left to be against nuclear power but also to fight against climate change. The main lobby against nuclear power is and always has been big oil

ya

its also funny that people dont realise theyre already getting blasted with radiation 24/7 bc thats just how the universe is

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

no you see it's better to have a coal plant because

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx

mookface posted:

[*]has resulted in zero fatalities in north America since its inception

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SL-1

I'm still a proponent of nuclear power, though.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

The Belgian posted:

ya

its also funny that people dont realise theyre already getting blasted with radiation 24/7 bc thats just how the universe is

what is even more twisted is that some people legitimately feel that the background radiation in a certain place is better than the radiation 'created' by man in another place because it's 'natural'. This is an actual thing ask any hippie bathing in radium springs

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

GAYS FOR DAYS posted:

that's not commercial bro come on

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

GAYS FOR DAYS posted:

this is just anti-gay propaganda. clearly no one ever died from a bit of rod-pulling

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
Nuculear

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago_Pile-1

quote:

Fermi described the apparatus as "a crude pile of black bricks and wooden timbers." Made of a large amount of graphite and uranium, with "control rods" of cadmium, indium, and silver, unlike most subsequent reactors, it had no radiation shield and no cooling system.

quote:

Compton: The Italian navigator has landed in the New World.
Conant: How were the natives?
Compton: Very friendly.

Rapman the Cook fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Jun 3, 2014

Troll Bridgington
Dec 22, 2011

Keeping up foreign relations.

a hole-y ghost posted:

yes verry good :twisted:

I knew those Japajews were up to something!

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

you may think its funny rapeman, but coal is the fastest growing energy resource on the planet and that's a problem. we are living in the future now and it's time to utilize that and start embracing the atom

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Troll Bridgington posted:

I knew those Japajews were up to something!
boy i hope my reddit reposts earn me mondo e-cred

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
post youre favorite ff trannies itt

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

mookface posted:

DJY7Iaj6fR
PGIfr4MSkethlOjC56G1
KfEIl0waWhNS4SySH9B4FbUxE6Asef
rQx38JVHr6
zfxtcgifsOAJLJA5wuWqF9PKhnnt1E
=+++++--+++++=Read Error=+++++--+++++=

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SL-1#Incident_and_response

GAYS FOR DAYS posted:

drat you GAYS FOR DAYS :ssj:

Ivor Biggun fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Jun 3, 2014

Corey Plumper
Nov 22, 2008

Ivor Biggun posted:

DJY7Iaj6fR
PGIfr4MSkethlOjC56G1
rQx38JVHr6

Read the thread gently caress tard

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

quakster posted:

post youre favorite ff trannies itt

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Ivor Biggun posted:

DJY7Iaj6fR
PGIfr4MSkethlOjC56G1
rQx38JVHr6

once again this is a prototypical experiment and not exemplary of commercial nuclear power generating practices. This is an important distinction to make

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
Thorium

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

meanwhile coal worker deaths are too unspectacular to be considered despite being more common

Slurin
Jul 17, 2008
I am a coward who makes grandiose claims and then runs away when asked for evidence. Please ignore everything I have to say.

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

Corey Plumper posted:

Read the thread gently caress tard

Language Timothy!

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

a hole-y ghost posted:

meanwhile coal worker deaths are too unspectacular to be considered despite being more common

Coal kills millions every year especially in countries that are ddevopling inustrially

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQlELlkzvGo

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Well this is just it friend the US has been buying Russian nukes and converting them into viable energy for years. Its almost poetic but what was once a threat to us now sustains us its all hosed up

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
walk into the containment chamber like what up i got a big graphite moderator

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

In loving memory of Donald Pleasance
both fossil fuels and nuclear power are demonized in some way so where are we supposed to get our power from

humanity is so hosed

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

spasticColon posted:

both fossil fuels and nuclear power are demonized in some way so where are we supposed to get our power from

humanity is so hosed

Troll Bridgington
Dec 22, 2011

spasticColon posted:

humanity is so hosed

We should get our power from demons

Troll Bridgington
Dec 22, 2011

totally not gay

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
Nude-clear Energy

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN

spasticColon posted:

humanity is so hosed

From nuclear. We shouldn't let a bunch of retards who are scared of atoms dictate our energy policy.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

spasticColon posted:

humanity is so hosed

There are alternative energy sources that are not viable but nuclear power is a good transitionary platform

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

actually coal and nuclear are not dangerous enough. we should totally figure out how to create and contain a self sustaining singularity like in the game space station 13 and draw power from the hawking radiation

• Locked thread