Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I kind of don't get the message of the picture exactly? I mean LG/Sprint makes phones but they also make washing machines! Why should the same people that make our phones make the things that clean our clothes as well!

Maybe the fact that it's people's food that gets everybodies attention but :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.
There's a guy I know from the AA Hall I go to (I know, anonymous) who is your typical HOORAH, Semper Fi Down With Obama stereotype (there are many at that hall, now that I think about it). He wears Marine shirts every day and brags about how humble he is with every speech he gives in AA. He was only in the Marines for a year and then went back to the Army, where he was stationed in South Korea and did nothing but party all the time. Anyway, here's a post of his last Christmas to start out with:

quote:

I was in Walmart yesterday to buy a few things. While in line, I let the two ladies behind me go ahead of me because they had very less items than I did. When I got to the lady at the register, she said I was a very nice man. After paying for my items she said, "I hope you have a Happy Holiday!" I told , "No I won't." she asked why? Told her I have planed for a "Very Merry Christmas!"

No Twin Towers in this picture, I'm saddened to announce.

"Me too!"

And his new daughter-in-law's name is, and I'm being serious, "Remington".

ShitheadDeluxe
May 14, 2007

bean_shadow posted:

And his new daughter-in-law's name is, and I'm being serious, "Remington".

After seeing the bad names thread, that could have been way way worse.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

SteveVizsla posted:

What was so Exclusive and Epic?

She tied her month old baby to her train. And dragged it down the aisle.

The worst part about this is that god-awful spelling of the name "Jonathan".

Alpacalips Now
Oct 4, 2013

25% of people suck? Sounds about right, actually.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

trapped mouse posted:

The worst part about this is that god-awful spelling of the name "Jonathan".

It's not a misspelling of Jonathan, it's what happens when you have a bunch of Johns in a row. It's a veritable John-a-thon.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Alpacalips Now posted:

25% of people suck? Sounds about right, actually.
poo poo, are tears invisible to most people? All this time I've had a superpower and not known it.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

A fresh slice of pure, succulent pretension.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Ah yes, the old "People didn't completely follow the narrative of my story. This is clearly because something is wrong with them."

I don't quite get the context of the post. Is this for a class or is it just him submitting it for critique?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

For his university course.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Pilchenstein posted:

poo poo, are tears invisible to most people? All this time I've had a superpower and not known it.

Little known fact, Virgos can actually sustain themselves indefinitely on the tears of others. That's why we can see them, so we can feed.

Taaaaaaarb!
Nov 17, 2008

Electric Space Famicon

glowing-fish posted:

THINK! Because I am sure you've never thought before viewing a picture on Facebook.

Also, someone should make a graph of the use of the "Anonymous" face and just when it crossed the point to utter meaninglessness. Like, in this graph, the Anonymous figure is holding a card that says "Monsanto"...does that mean that Monsanto is actually controlled by Anonymous? :iiam:

Easiest answer to the macro's question: to sell more pesticide :ms:

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

I'm pretty sure this guy watches a lot of animes.

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

:10bux: says that the protagonist is a Mary Sue.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

friend of mine just posted this

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Excels posted:

friend of mine just posted this

I saw a poem made out of these. It was deep and meaningful and ended in "and her but hot." anyone know what I'm talking about?

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Segmentation Fault posted:

I saw a poem made out of these. It was deep and meaningful and ended in "and her but hot." anyone know what I'm talking about?

Why yes I do friend, it's one of my favorite works!

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

Little known fact, Virgos can actually sustain themselves indefinitely on the tears of others. That's why we can see them, so we can feed.
When I get arrested for licking the bereaved, I'm totally saying you put me up to it.

Mister Adequate posted:

Why yes I do friend, it's one of my favorite works!
I can see why. :v:

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

oldie but goodie

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQ6Jrotn5ic

So this popped up today. I thought I was immune to stupidity from my friends, but apparently not.

I couldn't watch the whole 4:48 because the amount of inaccuracies is amazing, and when he went off proving his point using tornados, I almost lost it.

Also, is it just me, or is this guy a lovely Kevin James look-alike?

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

he believed in what he called the """"""""""science""""""""""" of evolution. :smuggo:

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

EZipperelli posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQ6Jrotn5ic

So this popped up today. I thought I was immune to stupidity from my friends, but apparently not.

I couldn't watch the whole 4:48 because the amount of inaccuracies is amazing, and when he went off proving his point using tornados, I almost lost it.

Also, is it just me, or is this guy a lovely Kevin James look-alike?

He even sounds like a lovely off-brand Kevin James. But I think my favorite part, watching the whole thing, is that someone is driving him somewhere. He's clearly in a car, on the passenger side, and you can see things going by behind him, which means he's filming this entire rant while some poor bastard is silently driving him somewhere and wondering if maybe they wouldn't be doing the world a favor by flipping the car.

Watching the whole thing, though, it's pretty much just a dude who napped during science class and finds the idea of randomness scary.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

EZipperelli posted:

I got as far as "That's why it's called the theory of evolution" before I gave up. The world really needs to up it's loving game education wise.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Man publicly demonstrates that he has no understanding of an important area of science. Still, I guess it's a good way to get lots of hits on youtube.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Sex offender released here. Suddenly this pops up on Instagram.

http://instagram.com/p/oyaIdATF-g/

:nms:

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Vintersorg posted:

... I don't get it?

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Looks like he posted a video of himself reading about his imminent release. Which is ... pretty creepy

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Vintersorg posted:

I might inadvertently be "they all look alike", but my first take was that the guy who posted it is annoyed that he looks like the sexual offender.

I mean, if it was him, why would he post it?

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

They aren't the same glasses, at the very least. v:confused:v

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
Dude is comically upset that he looks like a sex offender.

AircraftNoise
May 9, 2008
Ive been seeing a lot of these "cold water challenges" pop up on my feed like weeds lately. For those who dont know what that is, its basically a video challenge to jump into really cold water. If you decline the challenge, you have to pay $x.xx to a charity of the challengers choosing.

I guess its a step above slacktivism, but sounds like this could be dangerous in some situations. My biggest problem is seeing people make their young children do it.

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?

Lazy_Liberal posted:

Dude is comically upset that he looks like a sex offender.

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

AircraftNoise posted:

Ive been seeing a lot of these "cold water challenges" pop up on my feed like weeds lately. For those who dont know what that is, its basically a video challenge to jump into really cold water. If you decline the challenge, you have to pay $x.xx to a charity of the challengers choosing.

I guess its a step above slacktivism, but sounds like this could be dangerous in some situations. My biggest problem is seeing people make their young children do it.

Uh yeah I am lifeguard trained and this is very dangerous you can die of shock. Especially children.

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below

AircraftNoise posted:

Also a huge waste of public resources:

http://kstp.com/article/stories/s3433044.shtml

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Suzuki Method posted:

Uh yeah I am lifeguard trained and this is very dangerous you can die of shock. Especially children.

I take it you've never been to Finland, where it's not too weird to hang out in a sauna, then jump into a frozen lake. Usually while drunk.

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

kannonfodder posted:

I take it you've never been to Finland, where it's not too weird to hang out in a sauna, then jump into a frozen lake. Usually while drunk.

Nah we do that here too in Canada.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

AircraftNoise posted:

I can't find the original article, but the origins of what is going around now is rooted in good. Apparently the Miami Fire Dept. started it to start raising money for a little girl who has some sort of disease/disability. From there, it evolved into, "Do it and donate $10 to my charity, or don't and donate $100. Then, call out 5 other people, and choose your charity for them."

So, I mean, the challenge is at least designed to be positive, but I would wager money that almost no one actually donates the money to the charity.

I did the challenge and donated $50 to the Wounded Warrior Fund, because I couldn't find the charity set up for the original little girl in Miami. Also, to keep with the original rules, I only called out firefighters to do it.

LoveMeDead
Feb 16, 2011

EZipperelli posted:

I can't find the original article, but the origins of what is going around now is rooted in good. Apparently the Miami Fire Dept. started it to start raising money for a little girl who has some sort of disease/disability. From there, it evolved into, "Do it and donate $10 to my charity, or don't and donate $100. Then, call out 5 other people, and choose your charity for them."

So, I mean, the challenge is at least designed to be positive, but I would wager money that almost no one actually donates the money to the charity.

I did the challenge and donated $50 to the Wounded Warrior Fund, because I couldn't find the charity set up for the original little girl in Miami. Also, to keep with the original rules, I only called out firefighters to do it.

It's been going around my work (a hospital) and I was finally called out. I refused to do it and donated $100 to Relay for Life, our hospital's pet charity. People told me I was a bad sport. Oh well.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Someone "challenged" me and I said no and didn't even have to spend any money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Not to start a derail, but Relay For Life isn't much more helpful.

• Locked thread