Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

hhhat posted:

Star Wars movies have been on a downward trend in sales: TPM did great ($1B), Clones did just over half of TPM ($650M), Sith did better ($850M), and then the Clone Wars cartoon movie did poorly even for an animated feature ($68M). TPM in 3D failed in comparison to all those ($43M).

Not a large sample but still something they might be thinking about, trying to bring fans back around to the idea of everything old is new again early on.

Yeah Star Wars has been on a downward trend if you count the four TV episodes stapled together and the 3D re-release of a 10 year old movie that had zero advertising.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minnesota Manatee
Aug 28, 2009

I've always really liked the first Rogue Squadron game, and I still play it from time to time. I haven't played the other ones though because they never came out on PC. Empire At War is mostly lovely but I thought the space battle portion of the game was pretty good.

Something Awful leaked a portion of the Episode VII script today http://www.somethingawful.com/news/starwars-7-script/

Minnesota Manatee fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Jun 3, 2014

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

teagone posted:

Jedi Power Battles co-op on the Dreamcast was fun. I'm probably the only one that thinks that though.

No no no, that game is an absolute blast. The completely broken game mechanics and bugs make it incredible, however it's likely just that co-op games are always fun.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

SirDrone posted:

Aside from the favorites like the Battlefront, X-wing, Dark forces + Outcast, KOTOR and Republic Commando games are there any really illusive somewhat fun star wars games? I can only recall the Pod Racer game which was pretty fun to a kid me and some awful broken star wars tekken fighter game.

They did a sequel to the Pod Racer game on ps2 that is pretty fun. I had fun with the Revenge of the Sith game as well, it has some decent mechanics plus you get to do a huge fight scene with Obi-Wan from the movie to end the game. It also lets you control Anakin as he takes down the jedi temple.

If you have a wii or wii U, you can also buy the Super Star Wars games that were made for the SNES from the 90s. They can be pretty tough, but they are fun 2-D action side scrollers if you are into those.

I have been going through and playing a bunch of Star Wars games in the past month as well. I would start picking up whatever older games, books, etc now because it is already starting to go up in price as the hype for the new movies starts to set in.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Havoc904 posted:

If you have a wii or wii U, you can also buy the Super Star Wars games that were made for the SNES from the 90s. They can be pretty tough, but they are fun 2-D action side scrollers if you are into those.

If you only play one of these, the ESB game is head and shoulders the best. It's a near perfect adventure platformer. There's a bunch of vehicle levels as well, both in Mode 7 and side scrolling. It's a really tight mix of game play types, and it's a decent challenge as well.

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

Battle for Naboo baby! I think even the biggest Episode 1 hater can appreciate that game.

Thinking about it there have been so many Star Wars games that would make my top 100. Outcast 1+2, KOTOR, Rogue Squad series, SNES side scrollers, pod racer.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Honore_De_Balzac posted:

Battle for Naboo baby! I think even the biggest Episode 1 hater can appreciate that game.

Thinking about it there have been so many Star Wars games that would make my top 100. Outcast 1+2, KOTOR, Rogue Squad series, SNES side scrollers, pod racer.

Am I alone in loving Super Star Wars: Return of the Jedi for Gameboy?

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
SWTOR's pretty top tier for a WoW clone. Heck I enjoyed the Age of Empires 2 clone too and Rebellion was the bomb.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Tezzeract posted:

Rebellion was the bomb.

Rebellion was weird. The starship battles were like simulations of tiny little specs flying around, plus the strange events you got from having certain special characters around each other.

For example, if you have Luke and Vader on a planet together once, Luke becomes a Jedi trainee and gets more powers. Then after a while he vanishes from the game to go train, and then he returns later a full Jedi knight. If you get him, Vader, and Palpatine together on a planet with a Death Star, he kills them, and you win the game (I think you win, can't remember). Also if you get Luke and Leia together after Luke is a Jedi, Leia becomes a Jedi too.

It's very odd, sort of cool, but since you don't control the enemies, you have to hope these things line up. I played it a ton and never got all that to happen.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Havoc904 posted:

They did a sequel to the Pod Racer game on ps2 that is pretty fun. I had fun with the Revenge of the Sith game as well, it has some decent mechanics plus you get to do a huge fight scene with Obi-Wan from the movie to end the game. It also lets you control Anakin as he takes down the jedi temple.

You forgot the best part: replaying the duel as Anakin and getting an alternate ending in which Anakin kills Obi-Wan and the Emperor.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I kinda like the idea of Han hanging out in the garage restoring the old Falcon, drinking a cold one while listening to GSPN commentators arguing over the latest Podracing drama, all the while really just trying to get some peace and quiet from that woman and her nagging.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

weekly font posted:

No fans wanted this. Not one. Ever.

I did.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

kiimo posted:

I kinda like the idea of Han hanging out in the garage restoring the old Falcon, drinking a cold one while listening to GSPN commentators arguing over the latest Podracing drama, all the while really just trying to get some peace and quiet from that woman and her nagging.

"I didn't know."

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

This was retweeted earlier. I'm not sure if it's real or not but here you go:

I spoiler'd it just in case someone wants to avoid these things.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I think most people have seen the Millennium Falcon.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
If that's the same image as mentioned above, then it's not the Falcon under construction in the movie but for the movie.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

euphronius posted:

I think most people have seen the Millennium Falcon.

What a piece of junk!

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Spacebump posted:

What a piece of junk!

I'm glad the EU books are no longer cannon because that being the traditional smuggler way to compliment someone's ship really deserves to be forgotten.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

duz posted:

I'm glad the EU books are no longer cannon because that being the traditional smuggler way to compliment someone's ship really deserves to be forgotten.

Jesus loving :ughh:

canon*

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

kiimo posted:

So George Lucas' first marriage?

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

hhhat posted:

Spoiler alert: the new Star Wars movie with Han Solo and Chewbacca returning has a Millennium Falcon in it. I also heard Luke Skywalker will use the force and has a lightsaber. No word yet on if C3P0 and R2D2 will function as comic relief or if Princess Leia will be a snarky but lovable friend.

Pretty sure the TMZ photos are intentional leakage. Cameos of extras? Pretty hard to sneak around the set doing that one.

I was thinking, what's Disney's angle on marketing this far out, it is after all Star Wars and should make bank, but then again, maybe they are trying to form a 'new' image for Star Wars early to get ahead of the prequel comparisons.

Just for comparison, didn't The Walking Dead fire an extra for snapping a selfie? The "leaks" seem pretty intentional to me, too, unless these photos are just sitting on a file server somewhere at the production studios completely unsecured.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Just because it's Star Wars doesn't mean you stop doing your job which is building awareness and anticipation for your studio's feature films.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

tadashi posted:

Just for comparison, didn't The Walking Dead fire an extra for snapping a selfie? The "leaks" seem pretty intentional to me, too, unless these photos are just sitting on a file server somewhere at the production studios completely unsecured.

You'd be surprised how true this is, I'm shocked it doesn't happen more.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Yeah someone posted a bunch of set pics of constructing the falcon and I think one or two of an X-wing. I can't find them again though.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

duz posted:

With each passing page of EU info in this thread my hatred grows stronger.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Neo Rasa posted:

If you only knew the power of the EU.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Neo Rasa posted:

Boba Fett was the best man at Dengar's wedding.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Boba Fett fell into the Sarlacc at least twice more besides the time in the movie.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
Han and Chewie end up crashing the Falcon on earth, and Han dies in the crash, leaving Chewie to roam the forests, creating the legend of Bigfoot.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

This guy isn't smoking, he's drinking brain soup and he's here hunting Han Solo because he can't resist his tantalizing scent that gives off his unique levels of "luck" that he can't wait to suck down through this straw. The only thing that saved Han was a Jedi inexplicably showing up.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

I hate you all for making me go to Wookieepedia to verify these awful details.

No, wait, I'm sorry for lashing out like that. It's just me. It's myself I hate.

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

kiimo posted:

This guy isn't smoking, he's drinking brain soup and he's here hunting Han Solo because he can't resist his tantalizing scent that gives off his unique levels of "luck" that he can't wait to suck down through this straw. The only thing that saved Han was a Jedi inexplicably showing up.

Little does he know the Culture Club looking Egyptian in the background is actually an android that was built by C3P0 in the future and sent back in time to intercept him so Han Solo could save Luke Skywalker's life in the battle of Yaavin.

I saw it in a book. With pictures.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

Red posted:

Han and Chewie end up crashing the Falcon on earth, and Han dies in the crash, leaving Chewie to roam the forests, creating the legend of Bigfoot.

Except this story rules? Han's skeleton is found entombed in the Falcon by Indiana Jones!

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Oh my god Boba Fett's Wookiepedia article has a picture of him with his wife and kid and it's loving hilarious.

also:

quote:

Vader took the upper-hand in battle until Fett made an unexpected move, unleashing a lightsaber of his own. The two clashed briefly, and though Vader's skills with the lightsaber greatly out-matched Fett's, Boba's brute force, ferocity, and pure determination allowed him to hold his own.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Boba Fett is the 6'0 white point guard on the basketball team that fans overrate due to "grit".

vvvvv it's JUST like that, except the author is masturbating while he writes it.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Jun 3, 2014

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Boba Fett with a lightsaber sounds like something 8 year old me would of thought of.

Gnarly Bae Jepsen
Jul 12, 2007

Manic Pixie Dick Girl

weekly font posted:

Oh my god Boba Fett's Wookiepedia article has a picture of him with his wife and kid and it's loving hilarious.

I got one better. Here is an image of him fighting zombies.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

kiimo posted:

Boba Fett is the 6'0 white point guard on the basketball team that fans overrate due to "grit".

vvvvv it's JUST like that, except the author is masturbating while he writes it.

"he"

Also I'm pretty sure Qui-Gon's death was first spoiled by the soundtrack track listings.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That would probably be better than The Walking Dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IT BEGINS
Jan 15, 2009

I don't know how to make analogies
The EU is someone taking every tiny detail of the Star Wars script and thinking "yes, this too deserves a seven-book novelization".

• Locked thread