Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CapnBoomstick
Jan 20, 2006

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Who can actually invite in Space Jam?

Right now Maxmaps and someone else I can't remember. Max won't be on until prime time CST, but he's trying to get some more people with invite powers to help people get in the guild.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013
This isn't even the first loving quest where they did this poo poo. There's one like that in Ellevar. And in Ellevar they even seemed self-aware of how loving bullshit it was that you were picking flowers for your quest.

Unsurprisingly, I hate Ellevar about as much as I hate Whitevale.

That's just such an outright insulting kind of quest. "We couldn't come up with something interesting, so pick some flowers for EXP."

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

dreffen posted:

So this could be a combination of things. Bad party. Terrible tank. Me being bad because I've never healed. I love my medic though. The Assault part of it, anyway.

If you're always doing a certain role you should probably just keep doing that role or something. That's what I'm learning.

Yeah that was supposed to be tongue-in-cheek more than anything. Tracking inconsistent dodges is a problem but I think people are going to learn how to cope with that one way or the other.

The only other game i've played with skillshot healing was BLC and healing in that was pretty tough but I think that's what makes it fun. Also getting my fully charged Soothe dodged by an ally I'm trying to heal is the worst.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

a cat on an apple posted:

I think that the strange fascination with goons playing Medic is going to come to a very sudden screeching halt as soon as they all realise just how difficult it is to play Medic healer in this game.

Bonus points if they even last to find out that Level 50 Medic DPS is sub-par.

I think I even admitted that I may be one of those people a few nights ago in mumble when it was a few of us in a channel. You're right though, it can be difficult.

Zoness posted:

Yeah that was supposed to be tongue-in-cheek more than anything. Tracking inconsistent dodges is a problem but I think people are going to learn how to cope with that one way or the other.

The only other game i've played with skillshot healing was BLC and healing in that was pretty tough but I think that's what makes it fun. Also getting my fully charged Soothe dodged by an ally I'm trying to heal is the worst.

I may just insufferably autistic but getting a 1/3rd of my heals dodged because people running away from healing telegraphs, or because the tank is moving like they're having an aneurysm and making it as difficult as possible to track them for healing, or people just straight up not moving out of bad telegraphs it all piles up and makes me feel like an rear end in a top hat and that I'm somehow not doing good enough. 90% of this is bad players. But it doesn't make me feel any less bad. :suicide:

I'll probably just go see about tanking so I can punish healers for being punished as a healer and then the circle of life continues.

dreffen fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Jun 3, 2014

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

I think that the strange fascination with goons playing Medic is going to come to a very sudden screeching halt as soon as they all realise just how difficult it is to play Medic healer in this game.

For that Lopp marriage quest hub, I think it would have been miles better if the Exiles had kidnapped the bride and framed it on the Dominion and we had to uncover the truth to stop the Lopp from outright assisting the Exiles over us; and then the Exile side could be about actually getting the kidnapping in motion.

But no. You had to pick some loving flowers for a bunny.

Nexus.

I'm regretting not picking Medic because I've literally died 1v1ing them due to staring at their pretty ability animations

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Is there a strange goon fascination with medic?

Anyway I like that its hard to heal as one and get a very Disciple of Khane from WAR from them when I go DPS with some offheals. Still do top damage in BGs and get 2-3 in healing.

Also: Just registered and authenticated to Wildstar Goons in under 2 minutes that poo poo was hard :smugdog: VV I hope so.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Lorini posted:

As a process engineer and tech writer I could show you every single poorly done step of the way but I'm sure you are not interested.

This guy is joking, right? I read all of his auth posts as super snarky ironic bait.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

CapnBoomstick posted:

Right now Maxmaps and someone else I can't remember. Max won't be on until prime time CST, but he's trying to get some more people with invite powers to help people get in the guild.

Thanks.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013
Like I just got done saving Hycrest not only from a national crisis in the form of a life-ending plague threatening the common folk, the very common folk who produce food for everyone, but also by helping push back a war-front from these mysterious enemies!

And this bunny bitch wants me to pick flowers for her wedding? Excuse me?

Okay I'm done being mad, sorry guys.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I just rolled a Medic today to try it out. Perpetuating the goon infatuation with the class no doubt.

Zoness posted:

Healing in BLC was one of the most fun/rewarding/challenging play styles I've ever encountered in a game. I hope Medic has the same level of craziness to it.

----

Like I just got done saving Hycrest not only from a national crisis in the form of a life-ending plague threatening the common folk, the very common folk who produce food for everyone, but also by helping push back a war-front from these mysterious enemies!

You know what goes great with a saved city? Some nice decorations. Sounds like you are just working for the city every night and day.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Okay I'm done being mad, sorry guys.

Welcome to MMOs.

In LOTRO I saved the entire region of Eriador from the designs of a resurgent Angmar. Later my valor in combat was the main factor allowing a nascent Dwarven kingdom in Khazad-Dum to escape being destroyed by the Orcish threat.

Then one day I, the hero of Eriador and of Moria, showed up in a swamp village in Dunland and was asked to gather beetle dung to help repair a hill-folk tribe's thatched roofs because they didn't trust me yet.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

For that Lopp marriage quest hub, I think it would have been miles better if the Exiles had kidnapped the bride and framed it on the Dominion and we had to uncover the truth to stop the Lopp from outright assisting the Exiles over us; and then the Exile side could be about actually getting the kidnapping in motion.

But no. You had to pick some loving flowers for a bunny.

Nexus.

It would probably be the other way around since Dominion are the bad guys.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

It would probably be the other way around since Dominion are the bad guys.

This was meant as sarcasm, right? :colbert:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Yeah, similar problem with WoW. When one faction has literal brainwashing and thought police in its tutorial, while attacking unarmed civilian craft in the other, it's very difficult to make any later ambiguity feel genuine. :v:

Anyway, speaking of the story...christ, these datacubes are making my eyes roll so hard. So many Eldan dance around what THE PROJECT (ARE YOU INTRIGUED YET????) is, referring to it in vague terms all the time. It's like a six year old with a BIG SECRET that you WILL TOTALLY WANT TO KNOW BUT CAN'T.

Cephid
Dec 28, 2012

Rhymenoserous posted:

Allow me to share with you the architect secret: Architects swim in money.

EDIT: Literally by the time I was 15 I had about 20 gold saved up, I've been spending excess gold on mats to unlock other architect patterns and mostly breaking even when I do that (I mean buying the mats then selling the item breaks even, the initial stash is fine).

Are you selling to AH or just vendoring? I'm finding that only a few things are actually moving on the AH and everything else seems to just bounce or people post it for what it vendors for.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Everyone knows the red guys are the bad ones.

Above Our Own
Jun 24, 2009

by Shine

poptart_fairy posted:

Anyway, speaking of the story...christ, these datacubes are making my eyes roll so hard. So many Eldan dance around what THE PROJECT (ARE YOU INTRIGUED YET????) is, referring to it in vague terms all the time. It's like a six year old with a BIG SECRET that you WILL TOTALLY WANT TO KNOW BUT CAN'T.
MMO backstories are the worst things about them, just try to not read any "lore" text and cancel cutscenes and those annoying cube monologues immediately

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

poptart_fairy posted:

Maybe they just had nothing else to do and there was only one project so that's just how they referred to it! Or something. I actually haven't bothered reading any of the lore at all. Does any of it explain why there's space cowboys?

Illusionis
Dec 12, 2011

DancingKittycat posted:

I got some guest passes too (EU):

KD29N3ZQH275WWPTY2OA
KD2DR2AHULKPUSDHDJ4H

Used the upper one. Thanks a lot.

Manifest Dynasty
Feb 29, 2008
If any of you nerds on Warbringer want to try out my Expedition (short little dungeon accessed through a housing plug) send a neighbor invite to Manifest whenever I get online.

sunken fleet
Apr 25, 2010

dreams of an unchanging future,
a today like yesterday,
a tomorrow like today.
Fallen Rib
So are servers live now? I'm considering buying this but if the launch is terrible for some reason I don't wanna waste my money.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Sinking Ship posted:

So are servers live now? I'm considering buying this but if the launch is terrible for some reason I don't wanna waste my money.

If you lack the ability to use context clues to this extent our educational system failed you terribly.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Above Our Own posted:

MMO backstories are the worst things about them, just try to not read any "lore" text and cancel cutscenes and those annoying cube monologues immediately

I dunno SWTOR has a kickass story, but then again it had decades of Star Wars to pull from.

Sinking Ship posted:

The launch is pretty smooth don't let people tell you otherwise. Having a queue isn't the end of the world, once you get past that it's golden. Underpop servers don't even have queues.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sinking Ship posted:

The servers are live now, the launch happened at midnight and everything is running pretty smoothly.

sunken fleet
Apr 25, 2010

dreams of an unchanging future,
a today like yesterday,
a tomorrow like today.
Fallen Rib
Thanks for the replies guys. Guess I'll cough up for this.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

If you lack the ability to use context clues to this extent our educational system failed you terribly.
In my defense I just wanted to verify there wasn't some crippling launch issue that seem to plague 9/10 new MMOs.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
I haven't been able to play these last few days - have they touched optimization yet? My computer will chug at seemingly random times.

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

kuroiXiru posted:

Apparently I've got guest passes.

TJJBIF1I7CHGG81FRL5W

TJJD63B2PF25MF55U0UB

TJJQYJ1TA1FOMRRBGADE

Are these US or EU?

Sjonkel
Jan 31, 2012
How do the different healers play anyway? It's hard to know until you've leveled quite a bit and actually tried some group content, so what is the main difference between them?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Tha Chodesweller posted:

I haven't been able to play these last few days - have they touched optimization yet? My computer will chug at seemingly random times.

What's happening to me is that when I switch zones, even going from battlegrounds back to the gameworld, will cause performance to tank. Quitting out completely and then starting Wildstar up again fixes this.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Sinking Ship posted:

Thanks for the replies guys. Guess I'll cough up for this.

In my defense I just wanted to verify there wasn't some crippling launch issue that seem to plague 9/10 new MMOs.

The servers poo poo themselves immediately after launch, but that was only really an issue if you were one of the people that stayed up until / woke up at 3 AM to play right when the servers turned on. I don't think anyone could get in until maybe 4:00? (Personally I didn't start until maybe 36 hours later) Certain of the servers are still frequently full, too.

SuicideSnowman
Jul 26, 2003
There are still a lot of UI bugs/issues. Just last night, they pushed out a hotfix that broke the servers for a while.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Tha Chodesweller posted:

Besides doing this: http://www.reddit.com/r/WildStar/comments/256719/got_major_perfomance_boost_and_stable_5060_fps/

I haven't had any issues with the game chugging along, but I know there are reports of memory leaks that restart the game fixes.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

poptart_fairy posted:

My "Favorite" part of the story is how it basically devolves into hischool cliques fighting "Well my science plan of augmenting everything with cybernetics is better" "No My plan of genetically manipulating species is better" repeat ad infinitum

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

PaganGoatPants posted:

I dunno SWTOR has a kickass story, but then again it had decades of Star Wars to pull from.

I kinda liked some aspects of the class stories, it had it's moments and some of them were kick-rear end. I'm pretty certain though that in the endgame raids they took a beloved KoToR character (Revan) and kinda poo poo all over her ?

Also more EU guestpasses for the EU guestpass god !

9F3FMBTXJEEFTIFXR5ZN
9F3OQN4GIY823A2OQGCA

E: all gobbled up !

Fathis Munk fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Jun 3, 2014

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Stormgale posted:

My "Favorite" part of the story is how it basically devolves into hischool cliques fighting "Well my science plan of augmenting everything with cybernetics is better" "No My plan of genetically manipulating species is better" repeat ad infinitum

All I was expecting was cartoony Sci Fi schlock and from what I see and hear it delivers

That said it does bug me that the player character can ask all sorts of questions that they should know already and no one calls them out on it.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Jun 3, 2014

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Stormgale posted:

My favorite part is how the elder race is literally called the Eldan. Man, they're lucky they planned ahead on that one, huh?

Also they filled their own homeworld with devastating easily-subverted superweapons that can't actually leave the planet so the only things they seem to be able to bring ruin to are themselves. I'm not entirely surprised that they all died or vanished.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Nakar posted:

Also they filled their own homeworld with devastating easily-subverted superweapons that can't actually leave the planet so the only things they seem to be able to bring ruin to are themselves. I'm not entirely surprised that they all died or vanished.

Let's be fair, humans have basically already done this part. Makes perfect sense. :v:

Krotera
Jun 16, 2013

I AM INTO MATHEMATICAL CALCULATIONS AND MANY METHODS USED IN THE STOCK MARKET

Unlucky7 posted:

All I was expecting was cartoony Sci Fi schlock and from what I see and hear it delivers

I'm not planning to pick up the game until it goes up in smoke and they make it F2P, but I'm eagerly awaiting stories of people taking the storyline super seriously.

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

Fathis Munk posted:

I kinda liked some aspects of the class stories, it had it's moments and some of them were kick-rear end. I'm pretty certain though that in the endgame raids they took a beloved KoToR character (Revan) and kinda poo poo all over her ?

Also more EU guestpasses for the EU guestpass god !

9F3FMBTXJEEFTIFXR5ZN
9F3OQN4GIY823A2OQGCA

Wow both of those got snatched already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Krotera posted:

I'm not planning to pick up the game until it goes up in smoke and they make it F2P, but I'm eagerly awaiting stories of people taking the storyline super seriously.
That would require that I have even the slightest idea what the storyline is about, and I actually bother to click datacubes when I see them. Your guess is as good as mine at this point, and you haven't even played it.

• Locked thread