Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Monomythian posted:

Wow both of those got snatched already.

:eyepop: I'll edit that in, sorry :shrug:

Is there any actual benefit to being in a guild at the moment ? Or is it just the social aspect ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I like that the datacubes have voiceovers sometimes when I pick them up, adds a bit of extra action to the game to make it more exciting.

Krotera
Jun 16, 2013

I AM INTO MATHEMATICAL CALCULATIONS AND MANY METHODS USED IN THE STOCK MARKET

Nakar posted:

That would require that I have even the slightest idea what the storyline is about, and I actually bother to click datacubes when I see them. Your guess is as good as mine at this point, and you haven't even played it.

It wasn't until I heard there were RP servers for this game that I realized the devs actually intended for some people to treat the game's lore as something other than a source of dumb jokes.

Therefore I suspect there's a substantial minority that's going to think it's the deepest sci-fi since Philip K. Dick.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Nakar posted:

Also they filled their own homeworld with devastating easily-subverted superweapons that can't actually leave the planet so the only things they seem to be able to bring ruin to are themselves. I'm not entirely surprised that they all died or vanished.

I thought Nexus was just a planet the Eldan found and were all like this place is crazy as poo poo lets run some test and stuff.

The storyline that I have heard so far seems like that of a C rated action movie. If you actually analysis it you will hate that you watched it but if you just go with it while watching it it'll be a fun time.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
About to try a warrior alt. I like my esper but I can't shake the feeling that I'm playing right? Not really enjoying the stationary feeling and I always feel useless hanging back outside the fight in PvP, trying to get a stack so I can drop some variation of get combo pts with tk strike or psychic frenzy > root > TK storm or mind burst.

y_y
Oct 25, 2011

conversationalist

Aphrodite posted:

It would probably be the other way around since Dominion are the bad guys.

We have Exile prisoners here in Whitevale. We keep them in holes in the freezing cold ground, and we irrigate them with radioactive green slop. :smuggo:

MuffinMan
Oct 1, 2001

roger that sir, you're good to go.

Fathis Munk posted:

:eyepop: I'll edit that in, sorry :shrug:

Is there any actual benefit to being in a guild at the moment ? Or is it just the social aspect ?

Build your clique now before you're left out of the hottest 10/20/40 man contents.

Koth
Jul 1, 2005
I still don't know which loving class to play. This always happens to me in MMOs. I can't decide on a class, end up playing all of them and so I'm perpetually behind the ball as far as what everyone else is doing level-wise. My wife even commented yesterday that I've been playing the game for three days and all she's seen me do is fool around in character creation.

I have to make a decision and stick with it, drat it! But which class is the one I want? I've played a Stalker and a Esper up to 7. I like the Stalkers mobility and stealth. I love the Esper's spells and spell animations but don't like how they aren't mobile.

I think I might have to play each class up to, say, level 7 or so and then decide.

Koth fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Jun 3, 2014

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

y_y posted:

We have Exile prisoners here in Whitevale. We keep them in holes in the freezing cold ground, and we irrigate them with radioactive green slop. :smuggo:

You dudes set people on fire too and then let them burn alive. Sadistic fucks. Also Dominion does it to cute furry animals. There are quests for Exile that involve both of these things.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Koth posted:

I still don't know which loving class to play. This always happens to me in MMOs. I can't decide on a class, end up playing all of them and so I'm perpetually behind the ball as far as what everyone else is doing level-wise. My wife even commented yesterday that I've been playing the game for three days and all she's seen me do is fill around in character creation.

I have to make a decision and stick with it, drat it! But which class is the one I want? I've played a Stalker and a Esper up to 7. I like the Stalkers mobility and stealth. I love the Esper's spells and spell animations but don't like how they aren't mobile.

I think I might have to play each class up to, say, level 7 or so and then decide.

This is kind of what's happeneing to me except I've just kept playing my Esper.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

MuffinMan posted:

Build your clique now before you're left out of the hottest 10/20/40 man contents.

Eh, raiding always felt way too much like work to me. " Be there at that time thrice a week or don't even bother". I totally plan on joining goonguilds, it's just that my play schedule will be very erratic and I might have trouble running into dudes able to invite me and I wanted to know if that was going to bite me in the rear end.

Sir Neckbeard
Jan 1, 2010
EU guest passes.

S9WNBU2F5N6SY6VKODFM

S9WVYBB56IC9VC6599R7

S9X1H7CX2Z06QX85MWB6

Sir Neckbeard fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jun 3, 2014

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!
Anyone else having network error connection issues in the EU?

dominoeffect
Oct 1, 2013

A Tartan Tory posted:

Anyone else having network error connection issues in the EU?

I'm having them in NA as well

MuffinMan
Oct 1, 2001

roger that sir, you're good to go.

Fathis Munk posted:

Eh, raiding always felt way too much like work to me. " Be there at that time thrice a week or don't even bother". I totally plan on joining goonguilds, it's just that my play schedule will be very erratic and I might have trouble running into dudes able to invite me and I wanted to know if that was going to bite me in the rear end.

Social aspect it is!

Damiya
Jul 3, 2012

Koth posted:

just as an FYI this game back loads the character experience super hard.

I'm about 30 hours in at level 32 and I'd say that esper finally opened up at level 30 or so with my 8th slot and last ability unlock.

the earliest I'd say I really had a handle on the class was like, 20 which is admittedly a significant commitment to try a class.

this doesn't help your decision most likely but I just wanted to caution you against writing a class off that quickly

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

Aphrodite posted:

It would probably be the other way around since Dominion are the bad guys.

Yeah that's what I assumed as well but uh, playing through the first few Dom zones, the Exiles are strait up terrorists. Like, they are trying to poison the regional water supply in Elevar and they successfully engineered a super-plague outbreak in a peaceful agrarian community. The questline where you are trying to figure out the source of the plague has you torture an Exile spy and the Dominion guys are super remorseful about it. It kinda threw me off, since I expected a bunch of cartoon evil from the Dominion but instead they are more of a semi-benign dictatorship. Then again, the Chua, so who knows. The Mordesh are definitely the most strait up evil race in the game though. No one else really comes close.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Sir Neckbeard posted:

EU guest passes.

S9WNBU2F5N6SY6VKODFM

S9WVYBB56IC9VC6599R7

S9X1H7CX2Z06QX85MWB6

Took the bottom one. Thanks!

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.

AttackBacon posted:

Then again, the Chua, so who knows.

Mondo Zax posted:

Mondo not evil, science evil! Mondo just scientist!

:science:

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Does anyone else read Mondo Zax as Mondo Zappa?

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

Yeah the Chua are just amoral, not evil. And really, who are we to judge the (a)morality of a race of diminutive space hamsters. Who knows what cultural struggles they endured at the hands of the larger races! Mordesh however, are actual, not-cartoon evil. Like serious terrorism and genocide poo poo. So if you are playing Dominion you are a good guy. Remember, Exile is just one letter away from Evil...e. It's right in the name!

Also anyone who doesn't like how the Chua are constantly screeching about SCIENCE is literally fun-Hitler.

Cephid
Dec 28, 2012

AttackBacon posted:

Yeah that's what I assumed as well but uh, playing through the first few Dom zones, the Exiles are strait up terrorists. Like, they are trying to poison the regional water supply in Elevar and they successfully engineered a super-plague outbreak in a peaceful agrarian community. The questline where you are trying to figure out the source of the plague has you torture an Exile spy and the Dominion guys are super remorseful about it. It kinda threw me off, since I expected a bunch of cartoon evil from the Dominion but instead they are more of a semi-benign dictatorship. Then again, the Chua, so who knows. The Mordesh are definitely the most strait up evil race in the game though. No one else really comes close.

The first quest you get is to mind scan people and murder them with various things in a a lab if they are maybe, possibly, sympathetic to the Exiles. Pretty sure that qualifies somewhere under cartoon evil; best hope that your quest NPC that was remorseful about it never goes through the mind scan or it's the dirt nap for him/her/it in fun experimental ways!

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Koth posted:

I still don't know which loving class to play. This always happens to me in MMOs. I can't decide on a class, end up playing all of them and so I'm perpetually behind the ball as far as what everyone else is doing level-wise. My wife even commented yesterday that I've been playing the game for three days and all she's seen me do is fool around in character creation.

Spellslinger sounds up your alley. I'm just like you though, I have to try them all first. On to Stalker next.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
Speaking of taking lore way too seriously, here's some topics I've overheard sitting in Evindra's OOC chat:

-Is loving a Mordesh necrophilia? (repeat every other hour)
-Can Aurin be completely covered in fur?
-Do Chua have nipples?

And then there was a pissing contest over who played the biggest rapist in previous MMOs.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Anoia posted:

Speaking of taking lore way too seriously, here's some topics I've overheard sitting in Evindra's OOC chat:

-Is loving a Mordesh necrophilia? (repeat every other hour)
-Can Aurin be completely covered in fur?
-Do Chua have nipples?

And then there was a pissing contest over who played the biggest rapist in previous MMOs.

I don't think that's taking lore seriously so much as being an actual creepy motherfucker, just saying. They exist in every mmo, best thing to do is to (/)ignore all of them.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

AttackBacon posted:

Yeah the Chua are just amoral, not evil. And really, who are we to judge the (a)morality of a race of diminutive space hamsters. Who knows what cultural struggles they endured at the hands of the larger races! Mordesh however, are actual, not-cartoon evil. Like serious terrorism and genocide poo poo. So if you are playing Dominion you are a good guy. Remember, Exile is just one letter away from Evil...e. It's right in the name!

Also anyone who doesn't like how the Chua are constantly screeching about SCIENCE is literally fun-Hitler.

Man, as someone playing Exile this seems so completely wrong it's mind-boggling. The Chua are the ones who killed the Elderoot tree for no reason, not to mention Arboria, and the Mordesh are just trying to survive (and kill Dominion).

I will never see the Dominion as anything other than cartoon villains. You deserve everything you get.

(RP aside it's pretty interesting how differently the story goes between the two factions. I only did the initial spaceship tutorial on Dominion in beta, so I'll have to roll a Dommie eventually to see their side. But the very first thing I did as a Dominion was set a bunch of prisoners on fire for Mondo's amusement, which I don't really feel is very "good guy"ish.)

AttackBacon posted:

The Mordesh are definitely the most strait up evil race in the game though. No one else really comes close.

I really want to see this, Exiles don't really get shown much of the Mordesh's offensive side. They're definitely my favorite race, and holy hell their backstory is dark. The Fall of Grismara books are just like, drat.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
So who else is playing Dominion on Evindra? I can't be the only one. :ohdear:

WarLocke fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Jun 3, 2014

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
Humans have nipples showing in the deluxe edition costumes and no other race does :shrug:

^^^^ no one wants to play video games with you warlocke

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Kerrrrrrr posted:

Man, as someone playing Exile this seems so completely wrong it's mind-boggling. The Chua are the ones who killed the Elderoot tree for no reason, not to mention Arboria, and the Mordesh are just trying to survive (and kill Dominion).

I will never see the Dominion as anything other than cartoon villains. You deserve everything you get.

(RP aside it's pretty interesting how differently the story goes between the two factions. I only did the initial spaceship tutorial on Dominion in beta, so I'll have to roll a Dommie eventually to see their side. But the very first thing I did as a Dominion was set a bunch of prisoners on fire for Mondo's amusement, which I don't really feel is very "good guy"ish.)

I really want to see this, Exiles don't really get shown much of the Mordesh's offensive side. They're definitely my favorite race, and holy hell their backstory is dark. The Fall of Grismara books are just like, drat.

I'm playing Dominion and I can tell you for sure that I am certifiably a good guy. That's all the proof anyone needs. Also the Caretaker would vouch for me and I'm sure he's a good guy. Plus I fed a cat once.

Also, like, I don't even remember the content of any quests that involved exile npcs but I'm pretty sure only very peaceful negotiations were involved.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Jun 3, 2014

Above Our Own
Jun 24, 2009

by Shine

loquacius posted:

Welcome to MMOs.

In LOTRO I saved the entire region of Eriador from the designs of a resurgent Angmar. Later my valor in combat was the main factor allowing a nascent Dwarven kingdom in Khazad-Dum to escape being destroyed by the Orcish threat.

Then one day I, the hero of Eriador and of Moria, showed up in a swamp village in Dunland and was asked to gather beetle dung to help repair a hill-folk tribe's thatched roofs because they didn't trust me yet.
what part of these ancient murder relics dangling from my belt makes you think I'm kind of guy who wants to help you gather 15 bird nuts for your birdnut stew

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

Fathis Munk posted:

I specifically moved EU goons to Contagion because of dudes like you who couldn't wait in queues. If you don't goddam roll a character there and play with us then so help me god... :argh:

Also, in terms of guild benefits, as soon as our bank is up and running again then you can probably snag a few AMPs and recipes.

hit button fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Jun 3, 2014

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Kerrrrrrr posted:

For an example, in Auroria (dominion spoilers)the Mordesh are causing an ebola-like plague for all of the farmers and civilians in Hycrest, specifically targeting laborers and farm life to try to snuff the Dominion out.

flipoff
Nov 25, 2003

Really, bitch?

At the risk of sounding like a huge nerd, I think I'd describe exiles as chaotic good and dominion as lawful evil.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

What are other warriors using for a general rotation in PvE? It seems like I'm super reliant on getting a MoO to kill things quickly, and even with one I'm still dropping mobs like a quarter as fast as my same level Spellslinger (level 23 right now).

I'm starting with ripsaw, then spamming builder to 1000 rage for Radiate, using the crit proc thing as it comes up and hopefully getting a MoO for savage strike.

ninety
Mar 13, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

(and can't post for 3 years!)

I guess the newest patch broke my interact button. Interactive objects in the game don't have markers over them like they used to either. Has anyone else had this problem and is there a known way to fix it?

I'm also seeing the disappearing nameplates bug for the first time today. I've tried disabling all of my addons, /reloadui, and restarting the game but nothing seemed to help.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

flipoff posted:

At the risk of sounding like a huge nerd, I think I'd describe exiles as chaotic good and dominion as lawful evil.

Back during open beta I had several friends flock to Chua because they're psychotic space hamsters, and then bitch constantly about how the Dominion is the way it is. I don't understand what people want or expect sometimes.

Syrek
Jan 13, 2010

Meeeeeeeeehhh
I dunno 'bout that

Kerrrrrrr posted:

But the very first thing I did as a Dominion was set a bunch of prisoners on fire for Mondo's amusement SCIENCE
:science:

Gealar
May 2, 2013
So I think I missed something about the skills. What qualifies as a finisher? For example is it the two skills that use your psipoints as an esper?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Zoness posted:

I don't think that's taking lore seriously so much as being an actual creepy motherfucker, just saying. They exist in every mmo, best thing to do is to (/)ignore all of them.

I just ignored Wildstar's game chat completely up until I joined a goon guild, at which point I set up the chat window to ignore all pubbie chat channels. Dealing with random 14-year-olds and adult manchildren is basically the worst part of any MMO.

Doublestep posted:

Humans have nipples showing in the deluxe edition costumes and no other race does :shrug:

I think somebody posted a screenshot of a female Granok in this thread proving otherwise ;-*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Gealar posted:

So I think I missed something about the skills. What qualifies as a finisher? For example is it the two skills that use your psipoints as an esper?

Yes, it's similar to combo point systems from other MMO's so degenerate multi-game players tend to refer to abilities that generate PP as builders and abilities that consume PP as finishers and sometimes I even refer to PP as combo points. There's 3 damaging finishers - Mind Burst, Telekinetic Storm, and Reap. Every other skill in the assault set is a builder. There's like, some healing finishers too but I can't remember what they are off the top of my head.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Jun 3, 2014

• Locked thread