Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will you be voting for?
A Liberal
A Progressive Conservative
A New Democrat
A Comedy Option
View Results

• Locked thread
DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

Pinterest Mom posted:

Who are all these businesses who are gravely concerned about the government's balance sheet?

Apparently they're talking to Wynne as well :ughh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thomase
Mar 18, 2009
Job creators...

FFS Andrea.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Save our babies, Hudak.

Thomase
Mar 18, 2009
I'm amused hudaks kids can't find a job.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Thomase posted:

Job creators...

FFS Andrea.

This is why I voted liberal.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Thomase posted:

I'm amused hudaks kids can't find a job.

I'm sure there are open positions at Snake Mountain. They just have to say their daddy is Tim Hordak and they're in like Flynn.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

If Ontario keeps spending so much we're gonna have to sell the family farm to make ends meet!

Thomase
Mar 18, 2009
Mitten street? losing the farm?

Oh hey Andreas still here.

DutchDupe
Dec 25, 2013

How does the kitty cat go?

...meow?

Very gooood.
Does anyone even buy Hudak's shmulk folksy bullshit?

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

DutchDupe posted:

Does anyone even buy Hudak's shmulk folksy bullshit?

Yeah, and they're currently the most dedicated voting bloc in the province.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

If you think taxes are too low, vote for Andrea Horwath or Kathleen Wynne.

Okay!

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Thomase posted:

Mitten street? losing the farm?

Oh hey Andreas still here.

My connection cut out during her response. I think it improved my opinion of the ONDP, overall.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

Rural Ontarian: gently caress TORONTO

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

waaaah waaah it's so unfair that we pay for things in Toronto!!! Because Toronto never pays for things in the rest of the province!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

"I wish driving were more affordable" - Andrea Horwath, environmentalist

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Pinterest Mom posted:

"I wish driving were more affordable" - Andrea Horwath, environmentalist

Think about the jobs it will create!

Lumius
Nov 24, 2004
Superior Awesome Sucks
does rural ontario even pay into the ttc at all. I thought a lot of provincial revenue came from toronto (and the rest of the gta) not to mention most of the TTC's funds comes from fares.

Thomase
Mar 18, 2009
Sweet, 15% insurance reduction! That's like, a whole $15 a month back in my pocket!

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Lumius posted:

does rural ontario even pay into the ttc at all

Not really, beyond a pittance here and a farthing there.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Bridges shut down? The gently caress is Wynne talking about? Did I miss something about our bridges being shut down?

e: Also, I totally forgot that the Ontario logo looks like three dudes in a hot tub.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Dirty, dirty trains.

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
the gta is like 99% of ontario's tax revenue

Thomase
Mar 18, 2009
Daltondaltondaltondaltondalton

DutchDupe
Dec 25, 2013

How does the kitty cat go?

...meow?

Very gooood.
Oh yes, please tell me MORE about your father and children!

Solis
Feb 2, 2011

Now you can take this knowledge and turn it into part of yourself.
These are some pretty awful questions. Though I'm loathe to admit but Tim may have a point on discovery mathematics, I've heard nothing good about that particular change.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
[b]BUNNIES ARE CUTE BUT DEADLY/b]

RBC posted:

the gta is like 99% of ontario's tax revenue

40% actually.

Remember, there is another city in Ontario that has more than a million people. Why aren;'t we getting our rear end kissed too? (I actually know why)

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

its cool that tim is claiming employers are refusing to hire people because of discovery math making them unable to do multiplication

perhaps because it was introduced in 2008 and those students aren't even 14 yet?

lonelywurm
Aug 10, 2009

JoelJoel posted:

Bridges shut down? The gently caress is Wynne talking about? Did I miss something about our bridges being shut down?

e: Also, I totally forgot that the Ontario logo looks like three dudes in a hot tub.
Is this about the Burgoyne Bridge down here in St. Cats? It was closed for almost a month and a half, but it's open again now - and the replacement's currently being built right next to it. Not sure if that's what she's talking about, but if it is, it seems completely irrelevant.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

RBC posted:

its cool that tim is claiming employers are refusing to hire people because of discovery math making them unable to do multiplication

perhaps because it was introduced in 2008 and those students aren't even 14 yet?

He'll revoke those silly child labour laws that are restricting JOB CREATORS.

Sovy Kurosei
Oct 9, 2012

Solis posted:

These are some pretty awful questions. Though I'm loathe to admit but Tim may have a point on discovery mathematics, I've heard nothing good about that particular change.

Hudak praises Quebec for high test scores in mathematics except Quebec teaches the discovery math that Hudak criticizes.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

bunnyofdoom posted:

40% actually.

Remember, there is another city in Ontario that has more than a million people. Why aren;'t we getting our rear end kissed too? (I actually know why)

Ottawa-Gatineau has over a million people. Gatinois can't vote.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Pinterest Mom posted:

Ottawa-Gatineau has over a million people. Gatinois can't vote.

He must mean Hamilton.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
[b]BUNNIES ARE CUTE BUT DEADLY/b]
Because my post as 100% serious there PM.

Anyways, this is a good link

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

My general impression is that Horwath performed the best in this debate. Wynne seemed a little bit rattled most of the time.

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

Hudak did well, and i say that because i am a huge fan of william shatner.

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!
That plastered-on Hudak smile at the end as he rotated towards the camera was really unsettling.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
Horwath did well in the beginning, but kind of faded, at least she landed some good sound bytes. Hudak dominated his whole time and never really slipped up. Wynne probably regrets asking for just one debate she was totally off her footing until the very end.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Hodak did pretty well, considering 60% of his time was spend talking about his family.

dataisplural
Oct 27, 2013

a stream of poo and urine
when i talk with pregnant... pauses in my speech, it makes my talking... points seem more effective

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solis
Feb 2, 2011

Now you can take this knowledge and turn it into part of yourself.
Is there no question Tim didn't have a down-home folksy anecdote about?

• Locked thread