Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I have a terrible memory I know, but what's the joke that that's referring to?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Conduit for Sale! posted:

I have a terrible memory I know, but what's the joke that that's referring to?

The story on UTU2TM about Todd's parties with old songs being sung with tons of reverb and a live drummer drumming over it.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Eltoasto posted:

The story on UTU2TM about Todd's parties with old songs being sung with tons of reverb and a live drummer drumming over it.

Ohhh okay. The other problem is I'm only slightly familiar with most Beatles songs, haha.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

NotWearingPants posted:

Strange. That's when I started enjoying it. I've heard the Todd Glass' angry uncomfortableness with his own homosexuality spiel plenty of times by now, and I sympathize with him, but he really needs to get over it. Most heterosexual men are not as freaked out by homosexuality as he seems to be.

Didn't get to WYR time yet so don't know if they do it or not.

He's a pretty anxious guy in general I think, of course coming out is a big deal to him. I am pretty tired of hearing about it but I just kind of tune out those parts of the show. I really enjoyed the Bush stuff, sad they never got to WYR.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Thoogsby posted:

I made a special version of Yellow Submarine that I thought Todd would enjoy and one of the Scotts RT'd it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAC-vUZgDO8&feature=youtu.be

Hahahaha. It took me a bit because I was expecting some voiceover or something, but this was perfect.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

Thoogsby posted:

I made a special version of Yellow Submarine that I thought Todd would enjoy and one of the Scotts RT'd it

This can't be praised enough. Not only is the idea great, but you executed it beautifully.

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
You guys are very nice thank you, I still can't stop laughing at the double kick drum.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Now that I listen to it it seems completely obvious what the joke is. HINDSIGHT BIAS!

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Thoogsby posted:

Still not enough reverb.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

Thoogsby posted:

You guys are very nice thank you, I still can't stop laughing at the double kick drum.

ahahhah the rolling double kicks are where I completely lost my poo poo. A+ work

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Conduit for Sale! posted:

I'm only slightly familiar with most Beatles songs, haha.
:staredog:

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

You're old gramps

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
I will never understand what you youngsters find in this rapping music, they're just talking!

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I'm probably older than Zsinjeh. I just never liked The Beatles very much.

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Turns out Aaron Lewis is a pretty good dude even if his music is terrible.

http://jezebel.com/staind-singer-calls-crowd-pieces-of-poo poo-for-molesting-1585835034

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Thoogsby posted:

Turns out Aaron Lewis is a pretty good dude even if his music is terrible.

http://jezebel.com/staind-singer-calls-crowd-pieces-of-poo poo-for-molesting-1585835034

Pretty awesome. It's too bad their music is basically the worst. Except for that one Skrillex song they use in a GoPro commercial. Holy poo poo that song literally makes me nauseous because of how bad it is. It's like watching a tugboat die.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
God, Adam Resnick is painfully unfunny.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I like the suspicion and antipathy he showed towards Scott throughout. I also really liked the characters, who kept it boring for the most part.

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

The stories in his book as supposed to be great but man did that sound weirdly written. Loved the characters.

Also Paul Rust and Neil Campbell are on Improv4Humans today.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
I don't know if Adam Resnick's childhood wasn't traumatic enough or was just a little too awful, but he missed the nice part on the bell curve that produces great comedians/writers instead of weirdos who are fairly funny.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

Punch Card posted:

I don't know if Adam Resnick's childhood wasn't traumatic enough or was just a little too awful, but he missed the nice part on the bell curve that produces great comedians/writers instead of weirdos who are fairly funny.

He's was the co-creator of Get a Life, and worked on Peak Letterman and The Larry Sanders show. That's a lot of great writing.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
He is funny

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I know a lot of you guys aren't into the whole "anti-comedy" style but the Adam Resnick character had me rolling on the floor. A grown man who is freaked out by Thai food!

Groucho Marxist posted:

He's was the co-creator of Get a Life, and worked on Peak Letterman and The Larry Sanders show. That's a lot of great writing.

He has some great credits and I liked the passage from his book, but from this episode I got a sense as to why he hasn't staffed on a show in over a decade. Nobody wants to be in a room for 70 hours a week with that dude.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm like 45 minutes in and this is a legit bad episode which is pretty uncommon for CBB

E: But Neil Casey's voice is hilarious to me for some reason. It cracked me up on I4H and HH too

Help Im Alive fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Jun 5, 2014

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Yeah I deleted it about 15 minutes after the characters. I feel bad for Odenkirk who clearly vouched for this guy, only for him to poo poo the bed and weirdly be antagonistic towards his host. Those questions about Scott growing up rich were really strange.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
Yeah I feel like this was the first bad ep in a while. Thought the characters were alright once they got into it even though it was pretty subdued but I wished I had skipped the first hour.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Yeah I just got to the first thing that really made me laugh ("a goblin in a suit showed up and told us our foundation was cracked") and that's over an hour in.

No biggie, they can't all be winners.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Adam Resnick came across as one of those guys who just does not do well in the spotlight. I liked the book excerpt, his reading was good and he fell into his character voices easily, but it was clear that he did not enjoy being the center of attention.

I do really hope Thor Silverblatt turns up again in the future.

red state bait
Dec 9, 2006

Good ep.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Groucho Marxist posted:

And he co-wrote Cabin Boy, which was FAR funnier than anyone gave it credit for. It's just really, really stupid humor. Which is my wheelhouse.

WANNA BUY A MONKEY?

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
And that's why I was forced to surgically attach your hands to your face.
I don't think I'll ever get tired of that scene. Letterman is so funny in it.

It was weird when he asked Scott if he was a rich kid, but everyone just moved on, which makes me think it was less awkward for the people in the room than it sounded to us listeners.

Hollis Brown
Oct 17, 2004

It's like people only do things because they get paid, and that's just really sad
I thought it was funny when he called Scott out for comparing his book to jewelry and valuables thus implying that it was a piece of poo poo.

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

yeah. whats your deal guys.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

wafflesnsegways posted:

I don't think I'll ever get tired of that scene. Letterman is so funny in it.

It was weird when he asked Scott if he was a rich kid, but everyone just moved on, which makes me think it was less awkward for the people in the room than it sounded to us listeners.

I think it's because he was joking and not seriously asking him in any actual confrontational way.

the Insane Piano
Feb 10, 2011
What is the origin of the Gillian Jacobs "sorry" thing?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

kristen wiig had a character on SNL named gilly that would say that

the Insane Piano
Feb 10, 2011
Oh. Thanks.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFT__1ibw4A

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
And that's why I was forced to surgically attach your hands to your face.

The_Rob posted:

I think it's because he was joking and not seriously asking him in any actual confrontational way.

I agree with you. Why are we fighting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

wafflesnsegways posted:

I agree with you. Why are we fighting?

I wasn't fighting. It just sounded like you thought that maybe he was being serious at first and I didn't think it was the case at all. Sorry if it felt like I was going after you.

The_Rob fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Jun 9, 2014