Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Hahahahaha, invading the abyss is hilarious. I got two kills in Drangleic, and Dark Havel just stopped me from getting a third.

Cowcaster posted:

Between this and the other hollow parrying you before you even attacked I'm genuinely beginning to thing you might be experiencing technical issues.

You bringing that up, it's weird. The shield and spear hollows actually tried to do the same thing, but they didn't get to break me and counter like the other did. Between that and going up to the hilt in Freja and not hurting it (unless I was a phantom), who knows. The cache was verified.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

The Wu-Tang Secret posted:

Are any of the one-handed weapons in an SL 1 decent at all? My Raw Mace +10 is rocking things handily, but having to switch between one-handing and two-handing all the time is annoying, even if I shouldn't be blocking at all with my lovely blue shield. I've got a Mundane Dagger +3 that's excellent for backstabbing things, but useless for anything else. Maybe a Broken Straight Sword would be decent, if only for carrying a resin buff? It barely consumes any stamina to swing. And I could even power stance them!!!!!

Try the raw dagger, since the stats are too low for mundane to help.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

chaos rhames posted:

Try the raw dagger, since the stats are too low for mundane to help.

Why would you ever Mundane or Raw a dagger. :doh:

It seems like a bad move, Mundane is too niche a thing to waste on something like a dagger.

Raw is just ... I don't know, the scaling is really good.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Cowcaster posted:

Between this and the other hollow parrying you before you even attacked I'm genuinely beginning to thing you might be experiencing technical issues.

Nah, my DEX dude is CoC and those Hollow Knights have some wonky-rear end animations if you're close to them. The spear knights are the most egregious of them, too.

Also gently caress those Blue Sentinel red spirits in Heide, too.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...

Kaldaris posted:

It seems like a bad move, Mundane is too niche a thing to waste on something like a dagger.

Scaling isn't going to do him much good on an SL1 run.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

Is it just me or is the amber smear on the Dragon Acolyte visor a really distorted Mask of the Father?

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010
I did more PVPing with Syan's Halberd and it's still surprisingly good! It may not have the huge damage from the R1s like it was pre-patch, but it makes up for it with it's decent 1-handed and 2-handed moveset. I've gotten plenty of kills using the 2-handed R2 wide swing and the follow up thrust that people never expect coming. It's also still good at punishing rolls.

Katanas are still absurdly powerful. Good moveset, decent range, and can still finish me off in under 5 hits if it's buffed. :smith:

burntpork fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Jun 4, 2014

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

scamtank posted:

Is it just me or is the amber smear on the Dragon Acolyte visor a really distorted Mask of the Father?

Hmmmmm....

...nope not seeing it. Just looks like a big marble.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!
Man, I have been having some fun times in pvp lately.

Not to mention lots of fun as a blue cop, a lot of bloodbros are bad.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

Kaldaris posted:

Mundane is really good on daggers, since they have low base damage and mediocre scaling (which is exactly the kind of weapon that most benefits from Mundane). It's not like upgrade stones are that hard to find or anything.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

scamtank posted:

The legend never dies, it just fades away...

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

It looks like someone hollowed out a bowling ball to me.

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man
So how much int/faith do I need to have at least passable duration on Dark Weapon? Like what's the breakpoint for 60 seconds?

Cainer
May 8, 2008

axelsoar posted:

Wait you've been summoned as a blue cop?! When did this near mythical event occur? I joined thinking I would be pvping 24/7 then spent three or so days just dicking around without a single summons. I returned my badge with disgust and went bellbro, where I have just received the highly coveted bell keeper gear. Also, who the hell thought that would be good enough for a rank 3 prize!? So hideous, sticking to my bone king set with black hollow mage helm till I find something neater.

Cainer
May 8, 2008
Edit: quote is not edit, my bad.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Cainer posted:

Wait you've been summoned as a blue cop?! When did this near mythical event occur? I joined thinking I would be pvping 24/7 then spent three or so days just dicking around without a single summons. I returned my badge with disgust and went bellbro, where I have just received the highly coveted bell keeper gear. Also, who the hell thought that would be good enough for a rank 3 prize!? So hideous, sticking to my bone king set with black hollow mage helm till I find something neater.

Bellbro armor is the best.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

scamtank posted:

The spearmen are piles and piles of bullshit, though. YOU ARE SWINGING THAT SHIELD ABOVE YOUR HEAD IT DOES NOT PROTECT YOU NOW

It wouldn't be so infuriating if they didn't get the best of both worlds in every way. They're blocking and attacking at the same time, but not if you try to guard-break them. Then it just shoves them like normal instead of guard-breaking and setting up a counter. Their dumb shield whack is flawless except for the fact that they're a weak hollow. Just imagine a strong foe pulling off the same crap.

Cainer
May 8, 2008

Genocyber posted:

Bellbro armor is the best.

Sorry but all of my fashion souls senses are telling me that looking like one of those creepy guys who wear the full boy scout uniform while expecting to be taken seriously just ain't gonna fly.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Cainer posted:

Sorry but all of my fashion souls senses are telling me that looking like one of those creepy guys who wear the full boy scout uniform while expecting to be taken seriously just ain't gonna fly.

I don't think you get fashion souls.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Cainer posted:

Where else are you going to find a pair of shorts in Drangleic?

Cainer
May 8, 2008

aegof posted:

I don't think you get fashion souls.

I guess I don't then.

RBA Starblade posted:

Why wear shorts when you can wear skirts?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Why wear anything on your lower torso

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

RBA Starblade posted:

The Grym Boots! They come with a pair of brown slacks. Both comfortable and practical, they're perfect for working in the brighstone mines orrelaxing at Drangleic's luxrious lava beach resorts.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Internet Kraken posted:

The Grym Boots! They come with a pair of brown slacks. Both comfortable and practical, they're perfect for working in the brighstone mines orrelaxing at Drangleic's luxrious lava beach resorts.

That's some fine fashion souls.

TheNightReaver
Sep 7, 2011

Go fart with the angels.

axelsoar posted:

Man, I have been having some fun times in pvp lately.

This game has been so lazy in so many areas, like in a lot of 3d models. Look at those texture seams ffs. If I did that my boss would chew my rear end in a top hat for days.
Still a great game, but this stuff ticks off a very deep part of me...

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.
Hey Dark Goon Steam chat bros/gals: You're in a ghost chat. Rejoin!

Also Soul Appease is my new favorite Bellbro spell. It's a crapshoot whether or not it works, but when it does, boy do they not see it coming.

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

Grave Warden Bottoms are the best shorts around.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Stokes posted:

Also Soul Appease is my new favorite Bellbro spell. It's a crapshoot whether or not it works, but when it does, boy do they not see it coming.
The sad thing is when they just run up to you and smash you during the cast animation even if it damages them.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Stokes posted:

We have a steam group?

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.

turtlecrunch posted:

We have a steam group?

Yeah. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/dasgoonspc

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.
I'm having a huge problem with this version right now, where there would be this slowdown at completely random points in the game, everything becoming really slow and the FPS dropping, but then it comes back up again, right as rain. Is there any solution to these random slowdowns?
e: If listing system specs would help I have an i5-4570, and a R9 280.

neetengie fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Jun 4, 2014

Zombies magazine
Oct 17, 2005

Firmly grasp the :kazooieass:

Is there a bonfire that you can ascetic to get a 2nd ricards rapier? And is there a certain dex requirement to power stance? I have rapier/ricards rapier right now and I can't power stance, but I know very little about the power stancing mechanic at all as this is my first endeavor into it.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
The Brightstone spiders can drop Ricard's; I've got three of them. You need 150% of the ability score requirements to power stance (round up).

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

An easy way to check if you're eligible is to just try it. If you fail, you just two-hand one instead.

Zombies magazine
Oct 17, 2005

Firmly grasp the :kazooieass:

Okay, I kind of figured that. I'm trying to keep my SM incredibly low as I'm just doing this as a stupid pvp gimmick, so I don't even know if I'll ever make it to brightstone, but if that's the only way maybe I will.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

PublicOpinion posted:

The Brightstone spiders can drop Ricard's; I've got three of them. You need 150% of the ability score requirements to power stance (round up).

I've gotten longswords, parrying daggers, and mastodon greatswords off those things. What's up with that anyway?

Cyberventurer
Jul 10, 2005
They're back-ups in case their main weapon runs low on durability.

Tykero
Jun 22, 2009
Goodbye spiced down Profound Still. You only last like five seconds now. I will miss you deeply, if only for the joy of seeing enemy casters wiggle their implements at me in confusion repeatedly.

Colapops
Nov 21, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

I've gotten longswords, parrying daggers, and mastodon greatswords off those things. What's up with that anyway?

The spiders were once human. That's the only way I can figure it, at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS

Colapops posted:

The spiders were once human. That's the only way I can figure it, at least.

Or leftovers from a meal.