Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
Impressive kick by Major Overall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Boredom is always counter-revolutionary. Always.
Personally, I was just psyched that the awesome Mongolian from Sengoku showed up again.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
WHAT? Jadamba fought and I didn't know???

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
So Ronda Rousey bestie Marina Shaffir is working at a coffee shop in Venice and tbqh she looks p cute and not roided out irl

Okay that's my b-league WMMA story

red19fire
May 26, 2010

I'm probably going to go to Cage Fury Fighting Championship 36. I only recognize Lyman "Tiger Schulmann Karate" Good on the card and he's fighting a dude that's 0-0-0 so it should be B-league as heck.

I haven't been to Mennen arena since I was like 9 for an ice-skating birthday party. I remember the seating being kind of tight, I wonder if I should splurge on 'Silver' tickets at $75 or if the Gen Pop tickets at $55 would be sufficient.

VVV I stand corrected. The ticket website has Secor at 0-0-0, as well as most of the card.

red19fire fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Jun 1, 2014

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

red19fire posted:

a dude that's 0-0-0

He's fighting Matt Secor (4-1) from some season of TUF isn't he?

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

quote:

@MMAjunkie 6m
Mark Pavelich just proposed an MFC vs. RFA cross-promotion. If MFC loses, he'll leave MMA

Can't really get more b-league than an axs.tv promotion versus a promotion that got kicked off of axs.tv

And RFA is calling them out for being bush-leaguelol

quote:

Retweeted by RFA
#BeatTheHeat ‏@TalkMMA 4m
So @MarkPavelich challenged @edblackhouse to a @MaximumFighting vs @RFAfighting card? Talk about desperation.

quote:

Retweeted by RFA
Scott Cutbirth ‏@RFACutbirth 3m
@TalkMMA @MarkPavelich @edblackhouse @MaximumFighting @RFAfighting didn't he say he'd leave if he didn't do a show in Vegas this year?

Yuriy fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Jun 2, 2014

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.
Twitter is completely unintelligible

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Opal posted:

Twitter is completely unintelligible

Hi its 2014 and its a website frequently used by literal children, im sure you can figure it out

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.
I actively refuse

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Twitter is confusing and stupid but it did get Ben Henderson to wish my dad a Merry X-mas, got Ken Shamrock pissed at me for making fun of Jon Jones and made Mark Hunt and Hendo laugh at some of my jokes so it's gotta be worth something.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

My MMA twitter success/failure story is I woke up and saw Shane Carwin proposing various Stikeforce/UFC matchups and I tweeted something like "lol that'll never happen" and he replied "now that Dana owns both, why not?" and that's how I learned Strikeforce got bought out.

Oh and Chael gave me first time home buyer advice.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I grew up in Alberta and I wish MFC would go away so we could have MMA cards run by someone who's not a jackass. Apparently we've got a WSOF Canadian affiliate card this weekend so I guess that's a start.

Kurohashi
Sep 8, 2005

*waddle waddle*
Another sad loss for Jens Pulver as he loses to a 9 year old
http://msn.foxsports.com/ufc/haymaker/former-ufc-champ-jens-pulver-fight-loses-to-9-year-old-boy-with-heart-condition-060214

Kudos to the fight org for putting that on for the kid.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Ariel just tweeted that Jon Jones wants this kid next

Real talk though that article made my eyes real sweaty.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I misread that first as "Jens Pulver loses a 9 year old" as in like his son died or something because my mind has just learned to associate Pulver with failure, tragedy and sad things.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Jens tapping out Cub Swanson in 30 seconds is still the funniest thing.

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.

Kurohashi posted:

Another sad loss for Jens Pulver as he loses to a 9 year old
http://msn.foxsports.com/ufc/haymaker/former-ufc-champ-jens-pulver-fight-loses-to-9-year-old-boy-with-heart-condition-060214

Kudos to the fight org for putting that on for the kid.

That kid > Pulver > Swanson > Poirier > Brandao > Foster > Brown > Howard > Hallmann > Hughes > GSP > Miller > Sakuraba > Minowaman > Sokoudjou > Ferreira > Junior > Velasquez

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Droopy Goines posted:

That kid > Pulver > Swanson > Poirier > Brandao > Foster > Brown > Howard > Hallmann > Hughes > GSP > Miller > Sakuraba > Minowaman > Sokoudjou > Ferreira > Junior > Velasquez

:patriot: :patriot: :patriot:

Pimp Cauldron
Aug 3, 2002

A twisted pictoral of phoenix, AZ

Yuriy posted:

Hi its 2014 and its a website frequently used by literal children, im sure you can figure it out

Twitter is the internet communication equivalent of cavemen grunting and waving their hands around

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Godwalker of The Grateful Prisoner

That was pretty touching because there are some serious real world risks involved with a organization or fighter putting on obvious works, but they did it anyway because you know, it would make a sick child happy.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

TheReverend posted:

My MMA twitter success/failure story is I woke up and saw Shane Carwin proposing various Stikeforce/UFC matchups and I tweeted something like "lol that'll never happen" and he replied "now that Dana owns both, why not?" and that's how I learned Strikeforce got bought out.

Oh and Chael gave me first time home buyer advice.

I tried to book a fight against Tim Sylvia. He called me weird.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Droopy Goines posted:

That's a lot of work when the truth of the matter is

That Kid > Pulver > Hallman > Hughes > GSP > Menjivar > Lauzon > Pulver > Penn > Hughes > Renzo > Frank Shamrock > Tito > Belfort > Hendo > Fedor

It can work back around again to get to Hamill so he's better than Jones too.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/6/2/5773496/alleged-suicide-bombing-planned-for-m-1-challenge-49-foiled

quote:

An M-1 Challenge event scheduled to be held this coming weekend in Dzheirakh, Ingushetia narrowly escaped disaster when an alleged suicide bomber was arrested by security forces last weekend.

[...]

M-1 Challenge 49 will be headlined by a bout between Kenny Garner and Shamil Abdurahimov.

oh. well then.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

man russians are way more hardcore

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

To be fair, I too have gotten pretty upset at orgs that swindle fighters out of wins and fix fights against them.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUWzSUrlDAA

"I respect the girls who defend the country’s honor at the Olympics, in wrestling, boxing… But I do not support female MMA. A woman must be a domestic goddess, raise her children and be feminine. There a lot of different sports which help her in that. But MMA is not one of them"

Sherdog is very pleased.

quote:

There is some truth in this, but gender/sex roles were the same for thousands and thousands of years for the most part, and similar throughout most cultures and ethnicities, with some differences, of course... It's (gender and sex roles which lead to the notion of 'family' in civilized societies) not something to flakily dismiss over 20 years so some kids confused by the very new screwed up system can express weirdness to get attention. It's a joke. I'm glad the Russians are smart enough to know it.

The family system took us from the jungle to freakin MOON over 50,000 years. The stronger the family system, the more fathers were involved in the homes of their children, the better the street and the better the society in terms of useful production. Be VERY careful throwing away the traditional idea of family, it got us into space in the first place. Women having complete free reign and breeding with whoever they find cute that particular morning has always led to more primitive less civilized societies.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

Lid posted:

"I respect the girls who defend the country’s honor at the Olympics, in wrestling, boxing… But I do not support female MMA. A woman must be a domestic goddess, raise her children and be feminine. There a lot of different sports which help her in that. But MMA is not one of them"

Sherdog is very pleased.

Sherdog writes whatever it takes to get page hits.

individual865
Mar 26, 2007

Life on the outside ain't what it used to be.

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Sherdog writes whatever it takes to get page hits.

That's obviously a forum quote, try thinking critically about things instead of mashing the reply button.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Lid posted:

Sherdog is very pleased.

gently caress all the non-Dagestan republics.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

individual865 posted:

That's obviously a forum quote, try thinking critically about things instead of mashing the reply button.

Whoa, whoa, you mean you can look stuff up and read for yourself instead of mashing the reply button to come up with a dumb post? The gently caress is this poo poo

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Yuriy posted:

Whoa, whoa, you mean you can look stuff up and read for yourself instead of mashing the reply button to come up with a dumb post? The gently caress is this poo poo

all fighters are bad. brazilians make excuses. wrestling is gay. jake shields looks like a horse.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Fat Twitter Man posted:

all fighters are bad. brazilians make excuses. wrestling is gay. jake shields looks like a horse.

i will agree w/ all of this but the wrestling being gay part and jake shields is handsome

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

individual865 posted:

Are you telling me that there is an obvious difference between mma journalism and sherdog forum posts?

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
I was trying to come up with a response but Fozzy's got a point there

individual865
Mar 26, 2007

Life on the outside ain't what it used to be.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not claiming Sherdog is a source of great journalism, but if you're going to call them out for clickbait, pick an actual article. Otherwise, your statement is nonsensical.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
let us discuss a more troubling issue: some of you read sherdog, and are actively clicking links to it. is everything ok? are you in distress?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

"Women are weak and don't naturally fight" *ignores 75% of the content on World Star* *eats lead paint*

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

coconono posted:

"Women are weak and don't naturally fight" *ignores 75% of the content on World Star* *eats lead paint*

Ya but the problem is that wmma is rarely above the skill level of a World Star vid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Yuriy posted:

Ya but the problem is that wmma is rarely above the skill level of a World Star vid

Have you watched an mma heavyweight match recently