Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

cremnob posted:

do not attempt to clone imessage

agreed, imessage is an awful service and application

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudopresence
Mar 3, 2005

I want to get online...
I need a computer!

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

big reorg, but we didn't move to android like techcrunch or whoever said. i'm on the ios version now.

trick question tho, everything but imessage is a pos to you my friend

e: gonna learn swift :getin:

Fuzzy I've been getting a thing recently where half the time the audio on a hangout call will be slowed way down and I'm rarely travelling at relativistic velocities while making hangout calls, what is up with that

Is that a sign the NSA is listening :tinfoil:

Axel Rhodes Scholar
May 12, 2001

Courage Reactor

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

big reorg, but we didn't move to android like techcrunch or whoever said. i'm on the ios version now.

trick question tho, everything but imessage is a pos to you my friend

e: gonna learn swift :getin:

hey make ios hangouts support ipv6 for videochats tia.

actually it might do it already i can't remember.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

sund posted:

at google kitchen staff, facilities and security ARE engineers

løl

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
ipv6 works on the desktop, not sure about mobile. it should in theory the rtp stuff is all shared.

slow audio == packet loss concealment most likely. if its really important you can find the logs under %localappdata% or ~/Library/Application\ Support/ and pm them to me i'll take a look.

btw the best feature of the ios version is free pstn phone calling without using cellular

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice
gently caress sake

is there even anybody actually working on hangouts + voice on android

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]

api call girl posted:

gently caress sake

is there even anybody actually working on hangouts + voice on android

ofc not, why would there be?

lol anroid bscly

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

but you don't understand, man

we totally could if we wanted to cause there's no evil walled corporate garden

*shits out 50 one-channel youtube apps and flippy bird clones*

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

this car just witnessed something horrible

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

"oh my god. oh my god. oh my god. holy poo poo. we've gotta get out of here. jesus christ, did you loving see that? that guy ... his arm just ... we've gotta get out of here. holy poo poo."

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

hey its rotor

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

btw the best feature of the ios version is free pstn phone calling without using cellular

what i didnt know it could do that

does it call from your google voice number or is it just some random goog CA number because i might actually install your crap app if its gv

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
actually wait i would have to set up a google+ account right? gently caress that then

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

video codec obsession paying about as well as id expect itt

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

rotor posted:

this car just witnessed something awful

rotor posted:

"oh my god. oh my god. oh my god. holy poo poo. we've gotta get out of here. jesus christ, did you loving see that? that guy ... his posts just ... we've gotta get out of here. holy poo poo."

Dec 26, 2012

rotor posted:

this car just witnessed something horrible

did it look in a mirror

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

01011001 posted:

did it look in a mirror

no, it saw ur posts; lmbo

Dec 26, 2012

:supaburn:

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

can you make it not show messages as unread when I read them on my laptop hours ago

fuckin annoying

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

no dont

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

wow i never saw that giant chunk on the end there before:lol::lol:

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Boxturret posted:

it is a literal third of its original size. :v:

rubber cat
Jul 1, 2002
guy who works at google, please unban me from youtube thanks.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Boxturret posted:

yeah thats the battery

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

uncurable mlady posted:

rooting for facebook over google is kinda like picking sides in "hitler vs. stalin"

Stalin owned.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
...the means of production! DOHOHO

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Citizen Tayne posted:

Stalin owned.

Hail stalin

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012

Man..

gently caress google

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

i'm the ear permanently bent at a ridiculous angle

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

I think wearables will eventually be a thing but i'm sorry, the head will not be where we wear them. Around the neck maybe, or on the arm watch-style maybe but not on the head. People - and here I'm talking about real people, not silicon valley people - are just not going to tolerate that.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
is there an image of what the little prism thing looks like when you're wearing it? all the footage i've seen is obviously edited

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

rotor posted:

I think wearables will eventually be a thing but i'm sorry, the head will not be where we wear them. Around the neck maybe, or on the arm watch-style maybe but not on the head. People - and here I'm talking about real people, not silicon valley people - are just not going to tolerate that.

you'd think that the nerds over at google would've been all about making a pipboy seeing as how google wave was a firefly thing

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

i want to see more research into PANs that will use bare skin as a conductor so we can just put little pieces of stuff on wherever we want

Vagrancy
Oct 15, 2005
Master of procrastination

Boxturret posted:

is there an image of what the little prism thing looks like when you're wearing it? all the footage i've seen is obviously edited

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jK3WLILYhQs

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

lmao

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

did you mean oreo park

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Boxturret posted:

is there an image of what the little prism thing looks like when you're wearing it during an earthquake after coming back from the seizure store

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Boxturret posted:

from your perspective? you don't notice it unless you look up a little bit, then it's a floating box in space.

to other people you look like an enormous rear end in a top hat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

quote:

Berlin artist Julian Oliver has written a simple program called Glasshole.sh that detects any Glass device attempting to connect to a Wi-Fi network [...] When it detects Glass, it uses the program Aircrack-NG to impersonate the network and send a “deauthorization” command, cutting the headset’s Wi-Fi connection.
http://julianoliver.com/output/log_2014-05-30_20-52

• Locked thread