Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Is anyone else's addons constantly crashing on them? I'm talking the official/built in one likes your abilitie window etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Ciaphas posted:

Why is there no Tank/Healer/DPS class, argh. :argh:

Is Medic going to be a travesty to level solo/play as DPS in groups when another healer is present, or does it actually work?

Medics are fine, every class does more than enough damage for solo play and small group stuff. If any issues crop up it will probably be in heroics or raids. Plus every class is supposed to be viable as end game DPS so if there are major issues it will get looked into.

dunkan
Jul 10, 2006

rage is everywhere

Smith Comma John posted:

It's a known issue due to invisible windows or something like that (you can check that it always happens in the same screen areas), supposed to be patched "soon"

Gotcha, thank you. Wonder if there are any ui mods out there to fix it before then. Now that I think about it, that is exactly how it feels.

hobocrunch
Mar 11, 2008

I'm walkin' here

panda clue posted:

They decided to make Medic DPS garbage because their name is Medic.

Medic dps is okay on fights where you have to keep moving...

Otherwise it's god awful.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.
People saying medic damage is bad are bad medics. That is all.

Stoven
Feb 11, 2008
So can you not whisper or use any chat channels with the trial account or am I retarded?

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
Say, Yell, and Party only.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Means the gold sellers need to walk up to you and nicely say "Peons4hire 100% GUARANTTED FASEST GOLD THX ww.lostcreditcards.com"

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Okay, I got disconnected...and I can't log back in until a half hour.

Okay.

EDIT: Nevermind. I logged back in and was all good.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Jun 4, 2014

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

This Lopp wedding quest hub is :3: as heck.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

a cock shaped fruit posted:

People saying medic damage is bad are bad medics. That is all.

This guy knows whats up.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

fadam posted:

This Lopp wedding quest hub is :3: as heck.

Yes I really like that quest too, I don't know why people dislike it. Or Lopps in general. They're so cute.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Ciaphas posted:

Why is there no Tank/Healer/DPS class, argh. :argh:

Is Medic going to be a travesty to level solo/play as DPS in groups when another healer is present, or does it actually work?

Medic DPS looks fine to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmjwmw9I-Pw

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
So does having a Engi bot out increase your agrro range, even if you have it set to passive?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Unlucky7 posted:

So does having a Engi bot out increase your agrro range, even if you have it set to passive?

The tiny rear end aggro range of mobs is one of the best things about this game.

I've seen aggro handled pretty differently in every MMO. WoW struck a good balance, this game has the smallest of any MMO I think, and Lord of the Rings Online every mob has an aggro range of a 10 mile radius.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

I said come in! posted:

The tiny rear end aggro range of mobs is one of the best things about this game.

I've seen aggro handled pretty differently in every MMO. WoW struck a good balance, this game has the smallest of any MMO I think, and Lord of the Rings Online every mob has an aggro range of a 10 mile radius.

I love how most of the mobs will actually have an 'Aggressive' stance that warns that if you get any closer, they will attack - meaning you can back off.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Welp, time to play Dominion a little more. I can run around Ilium fine, but I literally crash to desktop every two minutes trying to walk around Thayd. I don't even get an error messages, the game just disappears. :psyduck:

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

hit button posted:

I specifically moved EU goons to Contagion because of dudes like you who couldn't wait in queues. If you don't goddam roll a character there and play with us then so help me god... :argh:

Also, in terms of guild benefits, as soon as our bank is up and running again then you can probably snag a few AMPs and recipes.

This thread moves too fast, I didn't even notice, guess I should check wildstargoons more often :v:

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Anyone doing the Exile side stuff? Have an Explorer? Taken them through Celestion? If so, where the gently caress is the first objective for the Relics in the Rubble scavenger hunt? It's supposed to be in spider nests or something, but there's nothing interactable in the entire area. Or the cave just next to it, for that matter. Is this just bugged to poo poo? :psyduck:

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

Asimo posted:

Anyone doing the Exile side stuff? Have an Explorer? Taken them through Celestion? If so, where the gently caress is the first objective for the Relics in the Rubble scavenger hunt? It's supposed to be in spider nests or something, but there's nothing interactable in the entire area. Or the cave just next to it, for that matter. Is this just bugged to poo poo? :psyduck:

I haven't done that particular one but welcome to the hot and cold minigame! You need to run around the designated area and look for the spot where the little meter in your path tracker goes up, then use your path ability to uncover whatever it is. The clue can help you narrow it down, but mostly you'll just run around. There's nothing to interact with, just a matter of finding the right spot.

Cnaiur
Jan 14, 2013
Glad I rerolled on Contagion with my SS. Now doing the soldier path instead of the other ones which are terrible for my OCD. Seems like a fair pairing as well, since this class has a lot of AoE dmg compared to Stalker, which makes killing the waves of mobs quite enjoyable.

Now I only need that goon invite, who can I bugger when I'm on this evening, as the auth system doesnt work for the EU guild.

CLAMBO!
May 6, 2007

I ain't afraid of you.

Pappasmurf1978
Nov 29, 2011
Some more guest passes for those that are interested.

7UPXEXODX1STLE9HT014
7UQ4L1UME4AOC6CY9LZ8
7UQ5D0BSBM6H58QPVDZQ

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Xerophyte posted:

I haven't done that particular one but welcome to the hot and cold minigame! You need to run around the designated area and look for the spot where the little meter in your path tracker goes up, then use your path ability to uncover whatever it is. The clue can help you narrow it down, but mostly you'll just run around. There's nothing to interact with, just a matter of finding the right spot.
Yeah, I did that too. It never pinged anywhere. :downs: There's one or two others in the zone with a similar trick, but yeah holy gently caress what horrible design. If you want to do 'hot and cold' you sort of have to give... some sort of guidance, rather than only having the meter pick up if you within ten feet or so.

jsr v2.0
Jun 26, 2004
japanese seisure robots
If there's any EU people that haven't bought the game yet that are looking to buy the Deluxe version at a discount, I'm selling key that I bought by mistake (meant to by the US key).

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3639904

If this is against the rules, please let me know and I'll delete it.

Picer
Mar 25, 2004

Other peoples ignorance puts food on my table.

Asimo posted:

Yeah, I did that too. It never pinged anywhere. :downs: There's one or two others in the zone with a similar trick, but yeah holy gently caress what horrible design. If you want to do 'hot and cold' you sort of have to give... some sort of guidance, rather than only having the meter pick up if you within ten feet or so.

I did this quest yesterday and all i can say is, check the clue, check the arrow and run around for 2 minutes to find the spot where the bar rises.

I spent 3 minutes on that part yesterday, itīs really quite easy if you donīt rush it.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

CLAMBO! posted:

I ain't afraid of you.

:69snypa: Shots fired.

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias

CLAMBO! posted:

I ain't afraid of you.

Except for when you have to hide under the exile ravager in that pit lest we kick your teeth down your throat repeatedly.

Tupper
Sep 1, 2007

Fun will now commence.

CLAMBO! posted:

I ain't afraid of you.

You're leaving out the bit where we murdered you like 3 times next to the Warbot until you went and stood by your Exile warbot. :colbert:

Also, ask your member Alenn if he's from Maelstrom, specifically Arbiters. I need to know if I have to primary him whenever I see him.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

The reason I always had Thunder Bluff as my home city in WoW was that you had a bank, mailbox, auction house and crafting stations all within spitting distance of eachother. Having to go on a 5 minute trek back to the bank because you forgot one piece of material sucks.

I know you can put a crafting station on your housing plot, but is it possible to get a bank terminal for it?

No I don't particularly plan my crafting, why do you ask?

FunkyFlashman posted:

I really hate the low level quests in this game so far on the dominion side. The burning trees in beta was funny but i took the wrong starting zone it seems :suicide: (levian) The only redeeming factor is that in this game i am actually learning combat again so low level gameplay actually has a training purpose.
Levian Bay is better than Crimson Isle because Levian leads you to Ellevar while Crimson Isle leads you to Barrens Mk2.

Collateral Damage fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Jun 4, 2014

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

Is there anyone on in Space Jam? If you are, chuck me an invite, and if you give me invite powers I can let in all the weirdo Australasians.

Character name Skulgun, the wsgoons thread wasn't really helping.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

hit button posted:

Luckily you can now have exile and dominion characters on the same pvp server. :eng101:

Also EU goons who are trying to auth: Don't bother, we don't care about the auth system.

Oh thank christ.

CLAMBO!
May 6, 2007

Tupper posted:

You're leaving out the bit where we murdered you like 3 times next to the Warbot until you went and stood by your Exile warbot. :colbert:

Also, ask your member Alenn if he's from Maelstrom, specifically Arbiters. I need to know if I have to primary him whenever I see him.

Basically the faction warbots kicked the other faction's rear end. And yes, that's him.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Along with addons now crashing everynow and then when I go to look at my skills or something, the game also refuses to close properly. I hit exit game, leave now and it just hangs. I have to tab out, kills processes (Which says "Not Responding").

The addon error is always something to the effect of "So and so addon.xml took longer than 2500 ms to load blah blah sorry bro"

Tokubetsu fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Jun 4, 2014

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
Do engineers use the pets for pvp, tanking and end game content? they are ok-ish to level but don`t seem much practical in those other situations. Especially with how bad their AI is. Is not using them such a handicap in terms of dps and threat respectively?

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

BaconPigbutt posted:

Do engineers use the pets for pvp, tanking and end game content? they are ok-ish to level but don`t seem much practical in those other situations. Especially with how bad their AI is. Is not using them such a handicap in terms of dps and threat respectively?

The Artillery bot gives a flat 6.5% crit so that is never leaving my bar, the others you can take or leave though.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

In the latest installment of It Came From the Forums: We Should Be Able To Pay For Our Subscription via Bitcoin

quote:

I'm not going to listen to a grown man pretending to be a professor online who uses an image of a pokepope as their avatar.

You can pretend you are right, make pathetic attempts at jokes, and ignore the reality that is clearly being presented to you... but one day you will look back and regret at least not paying attention to the beginning of the biggest financial shift we'll ever witness in our lifetime.

dreffen fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Jun 4, 2014

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Tupper posted:

Who wouldn't stand next to a faction-friendly raid boss in world PvP? Everyone's doing it :getin:

(Yes it's me Imi, come visit us in FDY mumble.)

Hi. Im Leeroy
Oct 8, 2008

EU guest passes:

4LT21Y42R4ZPMTUKDCAR
4LT8CYLSCESG1A9H4D6A
4LTB3W5U59T2P7MULC7D

You know the drill... Just say something when you use one.

Hi. Im Leeroy fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Jun 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goodfeila
Apr 25, 2010

dreffen posted:

In the latest installment of It Came From the Forums: We Should Be Able To Pay For Our Subscription via Bitcoin

I wonder when NCSOFT will finally accept my fake money :ohdear:

• Locked thread