Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Medullah posted:

Well I can't chip in on this argument as I have Bubba'fatt, Melty'face, Blukakke and Captain Antenille.

Don't you ever apologize for Captain Antenille

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Alter Ego posted:

The smartest group of players, in my experience, are Operative Agents. I've never grouped with a bad one. I guess it's because to play the class well it requires some thought?

Thats because your option when it comes to advance class is: "Do you want a bad rear end sniper rifle? Yes/no?"

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

hobbesmaster posted:

Thats because your option when it comes to advance class is: "Do you want a bad rear end sniper rifle? Yes/no?"

"No, because I want to heal people with tiny robots and stab a bitch in the back."

My first toon, long since deleted, was an operative. I deleted him because I had no idea what the gently caress I was doing with him. Now, I have an operative again, and everything is okay!

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Yeah, I've noticed that in group finder runs where the healer's an operative, we tend to stay much further from dying than with any other type of healer. I've never healed with an op though, so I dunno why that is. I'd have guessed sorcerer would have been the easiest to do.

I have definitely run with some dumb snipers though, which is weird, because the rotation/general strategy is so simple I feel like it almost takes more skill to screw it up.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

wtftastic posted:

"No, because I want to heal people with tiny robots and stab a bitch in the back."

My first toon, long since deleted, was an operative. I deleted him because I had no idea what the gently caress I was doing with him. Now, I have an operative again, and everything is okay!

Well, with Operatives, you always have to be circling around your targets since you do most of your damage from backstabs. They're the Rogues of SWTOR. That means you usually have to make your companion tank for you when soloing stuff, and it's why you are dependent on other, heftier players to hold enemies' attention in group content. Most of your moves are either stuns, CCs, or DoTs. I don't think they're hard to play (an Operative was my first 55), but they do require thought to play reasonably well.

Jedi and Sith? I WANNA HIT THINGS WITH GLOWSTICKS :downs:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

wtftastic posted:

Maradurrs and Sentinulls are bad and I think you tend to see them more at the 20s to 30s range. Occasionally you'll see then in KDY (I figure more of them are there now because SWEET SWEET EXPs), but I think its because people have figured out judicious use of ignore is helpful to them. Since my most recent imperial toons are leveling via pvp, I see less of it than I use to, but boy, when you get bad players in this game, they are aggressively bad.

They are bad at level 55 too. This was not an accident. Go ahead...figure out why this one was so awful.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Alter Ego posted:

Well, with Operatives, you always have to be circling around your targets since you do most of your damage from backstabs. They're the Rogues of SWTOR. That means you usually have to make your companion tank for you when soloing stuff, and it's why you are dependent on other, heftier players to hold enemies' attention in group content. Most of your moves are either stuns, CCs, or DoTs. I don't think they're hard to play (an Operative was my first 55), but they do require thought to play reasonably well.

Jedi and Sith? I WANNA HIT THINGS WITH GLOWSTICKS :downs:

I once played with a shadow tank (or sin, i don't remember) who kept spinning the enemy around in circles. One of the guys asked him to stop doing that and he said "no I'm supposed to backstab"

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

See, I have had sort of the opposite experience with republic vs. Empire. My shadow has managed to do every heroic with a full group, because people seem more interested in teaming up republic side, while my sniper had to solo basically all of then. I also have only ever had anyone die in KDY imp side, and that was a group with three maraudurrs that wiped four times (note, I have done probably seventy runs of KDY and that was the only one I had issues with)

Republic is notably more... Apathetic, in non 55 PvP. While imp side if we start using someone might start shouting orders and telling people to stop sucking, republic side will just give up a lot and be like 'well, earn some defense medals'.

Which is fine with me, since if I am doing PVP it is to get my daily/weekly done before getting back to the fun part of the game, but for people who get mad about losing PvP it is probably a negative

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Ainsley McTree posted:

I once played with a shadow tank (or sin, i don't remember) who kept spinning the enemy around in circles. One of the guys asked him to stop doing that and he said "no I'm supposed to backstab"

:downs: "Why are you all mad at me" :downs:

Medullah posted:

They are bad at level 55 too. This was not an accident. Go ahead...figure out why this one was so awful.

does he not have a stance on?

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Medullah posted:

Captain Antenille.

hahahaha

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

Can someone explain the reference to me? I don't get it. :(

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

wtftastic posted:

:downs: "Why are you all mad at me" :downs:

does he not have a stance on?

NOPE.

I told him *twice* that he didn't have his stance on, so he put it on. Then immediately after the fight, took it off. After that I stopped reminding him.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

wtftastic posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBYV_7a0FQs

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008
I don't know what kind of weird observational deficiencies you guys have, but dumb shits are everywhere all the time.

Bedurndurn fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Jun 3, 2014

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

wtftastic posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSwXPIbOodQ

e. that is a good one also Medullah

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Bilirubin posted:

e. that is a good one also Medullah

"good" isn't quite the right word for it. :D

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Medullah posted:

"good" isn't quite the right word for it. :D

The Muppets version of Muskrat Love is beyond reproach

e. wait no I was misremembering this as being Muskrat Love. Carry on.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-DrQ98t56I

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

Medullah posted:

NOPE.

I told him *twice* that he didn't have his stance on, so he put it on. Then immediately after the fight, took it off. After that I stopped reminding him.

w-why? Why turn it off and on?!

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Maybe he was just trolling, like that one guy that leveled a Sith Warrior the level cap without ever picking an advanced class.

JediBlutarsky
Dec 4, 2002

Alter Ego posted:

Everything sucks more Republic side--PvP, KDY (and other Flashpoints), and endgame content.

I think it's because the dumbest and youngest players are all "I WANNA BE A JEDI! :downs:" Not to say I haven't met my fair share of dumb players Imp side, but in my experience, group content is MUCH more tolerable.

Well poo poo. I guess I will have to wait till a level 55 goon is on and feels like running Oricon dailies. Tried asking again today and got bupkiss. I think I'm being ignored. :(

Nipponophile posted:

If you want to live on some kind of bullshit planet like Coruscant, I guess this is what it'll look like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psTEiPe5XeQ

gently caress yes but only if I can paint that bitch pink to match my Space Barbie.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

JediBlutarsky posted:

Well poo poo. I guess I will have to wait till a level 55 goon is on and feels like running Oricon dailies. Tried asking again today and got bupkiss. I think I'm being ignored. :(

If you're on JC I can pop on and run them with you in about 45 minutes if you can't find someone.

JediBlutarsky
Dec 4, 2002

Medullah posted:

If you're on JC I can pop on and run them with you in about 45 minutes if you can't find someone.

Yep, I'm on JC. My Imp main is Turkish and my Smuggler is Chionna.

Eskie
Jan 25, 2003
Stuck working late tonight. Start without me and I'll try to get out ASAP.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
You are ruining Christmas.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Nipponophile posted:

You are ruining Christmas.

You're not going to like me on Thursday. :( Going to a comedy show and won't be home till super duper late.

JediBlutarsky
Dec 4, 2002

Thanks to Medullah and friend I have made it through the Republic Oricon storyline. Lets do some Repub progression bitches! :downsgun:

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

JediBlutarsky posted:

Thanks to Medullah and friend I have made it through the Republic Oricon storyline. Lets do some Repub progression bitches! :downsgun:

I think doing a 55HM flashpoint counts as Repub-side progression.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL

Medullah posted:

NOPE.

wtftastic posted:

w-why? Why turn it off and on?!

I've knocked myself out of a stance by accidentally right-clicking on the buff bar, but twice in a row...

I had a Marauder come into a FP without a stance and just flat-out ignore all requests to turn one on, eventually we gave up. I'm always amazed at how many people just don't pay attention to their group chat at all. It's especially bad in boss fights; I'm so paranoid about missing something important (such as "hey is there anything i need to know about this boss alright cool *Force Leap*) that I have a group-only chat tab that I watch like a hawk, but I've learned that asking someone to stop attacking something they aren't supposed to be attacking is a total loving waste of time and I should just try to heal through it, because they're not gonna read anything anyone says until one of them is dead (and that's if I'm lucky). A few nights ago my tank started jumping up and down in front of a DPS Merc while spamming "STOP" in chat, trying to get him to stop attacking the wrong console in the Vigilant fight, to no avail.

raffie
Feb 28, 2004
hopeless incompetent
Oooh i logged in last night to find i had invite abilities on both my newbie imp sniper and recently-transferred republic guardian. Thanks whomever you are!

I'm in Singapore which is GMT+8 and i'm usually online in the asiapac evenings which would make it early in the morning American times. I've noticed sometimes when i log on that i'm the only one online and people will slowly start to trickle in later in my night.

If there's anyone from this timezone thinking about joining, go for it and we'll get a little asiapac club going on.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Eskie posted:

Stuck working late tonight. Start without me and I'll try to get out ASAP.

You'd better show up Thursday. I had to tank tonight and ....not pretty.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Making it through the first boss when you've never tanked the raid on HM or SM is pretty good.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

raffie posted:

If there's anyone from this timezone thinking about joining, go for it and we'll get a little asiapac club going on.

That'd be pretty neat. I know we've got at least a couple of Ausgoons in TNG. I hope y'all can get together.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Alter Ego posted:

Well, with Operatives, you always have to be circling around your targets since you do most of your damage from backstabs.

Jarring Strikes/KO was changed to allow Backstab/Backblast to be used from any direction in 2.7.

Concealment does excellent DPS in PvE but you're going to work for it meanwhile they're a free kill in PvP. I kind of pity Concealment/Scrappers when they open up on my Sawbones like little tenacious puppy dogs.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

raffie posted:

Oooh i logged in last night to find i had invite abilities on both my newbie imp sniper and recently-transferred republic guardian. Thanks whomever you are!

I'm in Singapore which is GMT+8 and i'm usually online in the asiapac evenings which would make it early in the morning American times. I've noticed sometimes when i log on that i'm the only one online and people will slowly start to trickle in later in my night.

PanO representation!?!
Sounds good to me, I might bother to log on again and get my PT up to 55

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Black Griffon posted:

I play a knight on the Republic side, because I honestly care more about story missions and space barbie than PvP, but I feel like I'm missing out on content when I play alone, so are there any European guilds that aren't loving horrid? I guess suggestions for both sides are welcome, because I'm probably rolling an empire class of some kind once I hit 55 with this one, and if I need to change servers, I want to know which one I should stick with.

If you are playing on Red Eclipse, Devnor for empire and NorDev for republic are great guilds. I am a member in both, and had a goon join. He claims it felt just like a proper goon clan, whatever that means. Great people, regular raids, usually someone in chat even in the off hours, lot's of activity during the evening. Raids are super relaxed, noone really yells if you mess up. At least they don't mean it, and they seem to make sure you are in on the jokes before they start. I don't have invite powers, but just search for devnor/nordev and ask someone to throw you an invite. I'm Astamem/Zyme in Devnor, and Incrediblely in Nordev.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Excellent, "like a proper goon clan" should probably feel safe and homely. Just gotta get that transfer in order, and thank god I don't have alts.

OzCavalier
Jun 6, 2006

SON OF BITCH!
[LEFT HOOK]
Speaking of people in chat, even in the off hours.. Does nobody use the TNG TeamSpeak server outside of Oedzi-led raids?

As much as I enjoy listening to Oedzi leading other goons in raid shenanigans, it gets awfully lonely sitting in TS all by myself when the raid ends, or anytime outside of raiding hours really...

tl;dr Won't people join me on Teamspeak so I can pretend I'm in a real guild, and not playing an MMO in single-player mode.. :saddowns:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

We all usually only join TS for group stuff. So say when running FPs or PVPing with guildies.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

OzCavalier posted:

Speaking of people in chat, even in the off hours.. Does nobody use the TNG TeamSpeak server outside of Oedzi-led raids?

As much as I enjoy listening to Oedzi leading other goons in raid shenanigans, it gets awfully lonely sitting in TS all by myself when the raid ends, or anytime outside of raiding hours really...

tl;dr Won't people join me on Teamspeak so I can pretend I'm in a real guild, and not playing an MMO in single-player mode.. :saddowns:

I think most of us use TS when we're doing something together (raid, flashpoint, PvP), but that's it. I know personally if I'm playing on a non-event night, I'm usually multi tasking - watching a movie or getting caught up on my TV shows, so having TS on makes that tougher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super 3
Dec 31, 2007

Sometimes the powers you get are shit.

OzCavalier posted:

I'll usually hang out in there when I'm playing regardless of raid stuff.

Also it's Wednesday and I would like to see if we can get the alt raid group going. We'll run whatever we have people and the gear for.

• Locked thread