Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Schmetterling posted:

So I "finished" the game on NG. I didnt do Vendrick or the Dragon. Should I do those, or go straight to NG+?

Definitely fight Vendrick for his soul and equipment, ignore the dragon (because its soul is actually in Freja's boss arena; use the Ashen Mist Heart), and remember to kill everyone! :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

less than ten minutes co op in drangleic first fire gets me another 140k souls
this rocks
I guess I should try the bosses once or twice then just NG+

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007

Fuzz posted:

Stop using katanas. Seriously. Greatswords are so much faster in this game that they swing at basically the same speed, have better animations across the board, and hit way harder. If you want to Dex one, use the Mirrah Greatsword or the Arced Sword.

Unrelated, but I leveled up a Great Club and am digging it, but holy poo poo its durability is awful. You invariably will clip through corpses for multiple hits so you can't ever consistently use it for an entire area, because it'll break.

How could FROM gently caress this up so badly compared to DS1? What was wrong with the old durability system from Demon's and Dark 1? :wtc:

I think thats the 60fps = more durability loss thing in action....I use the Bracing Knuckle rings with it anyway and dont seem to have too many issues unless I've gone particularly long without a rest.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Alabaster White posted:

Definitely fight Vendrick for his soul and equipment, ignore the dragon (because its soul is actually in Freja's boss arena; use the Ashen Mist Heart), and remember to kill everyone! :v:

but he's harddddddd

fuxxo
Feb 17, 2010

Fucking Pokemon, how do they Surf?
Even with the 60 fps durability bug you shouldn't be penalized for hitting corpses if in the same swing/thrust you hit an alive enemy.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation
I switched to the Murakumo quite a while ago, but when I was in Doors of Pharros I was still using an Uchigatana, hence the :argh:

sighnoceros
Mar 11, 2007
:qq: GOONS ARE MEAN :qq:
I just upgraded both the great club and large club to +10 and used the bracing knuckle ring. That way it would take longer for them to break, but even if they did get close I could switch to the other one and have almost the same exact damage. Large Club is a little less base damage but has better scaling at +10 so it ends up with only like 20 attack lower at 40+ strength.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

someone named MAATTT DAAMMOOONN or some variation thereof crystalled out after I emoted a wave, a praise the sun, and then turned my back and prostrated a few times cos gently caress that invasion poo poo I want to fight Vendrick :3:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

BoonyPC posted:

I think thats the 60fps = more durability loss thing in action....I use the Bracing Knuckle rings with it anyway and dont seem to have too many issues unless I've gone particularly long without a rest.

I'm forcing 30fps and it's still poo poo.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So, the only reason for souls is to make weapons via Ornifex, correct? If i have no interest in the weapons i can eat the souls without remorse?

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Mans posted:

So, the only reason for souls is to make weapons via Ornifex, correct? If i have no interest in the weapons i can eat the souls without remorse?

Straid as well, and yeah, I eat then all the time.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

Mans posted:

You can also trade them for weapons and/or spells from Straid. If neither of them makes something you want from a soul go ahead and crush it.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Mans posted:

Everything except Soul of a Giant(s). You'll want to keep those, trust me.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

CJacobs posted:

Those are important? :ohdear: good thing I didn't eat them yet, I found some giants in Black Gulch and murdered cheesed them and they gave me one of those.
I'm now in Doors of Pharros getting my fourth plot token so I guess that's for later.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Fuzz posted:

I'm forcing 30fps and it's still poo poo.

the durability on the clubs is just bad. bracing knuckle rings are pretty much required for them.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Drangleic sucks.

I'm going back to space. :colbert:

This was my dual caestus/sunbro play through. Dual fists is pretty loving bad. I mean, yeah its way better than it was in Dark Souls but the pitiful range means its so hard to actually hit certain monsters. I nearly died to the Giant Lord when he had 1 hp left just because my punches kept missing his feet somehow. My fists justg seemed to phase through Darklurker half the time. As for Nashandra, fists inexplicably can not break the curse bubbles. I tried punching them a dozen times but nothing ever happended. I equipped a sword just to hit them once and they died just fine.

Still, it was worth it to dress up as an astronaut and punch everything to death. Lots of people summonsed me too so I think people were pretty amused with it Is there any point for a sunbro to go into NG+? Can I still help NG+ people in NG?

VVVV I've heard you can with the vanquisher's seal equipped, and its even better than caestus.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Jun 4, 2014

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation
The best thing about dual cestus is the powerstance. Can you powerstance bare fists somehow?

Also: Way to miss the opportunity to make unarmed backstab a German suplex, From software.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CJacobs posted:

Still haven't reached those bosses, thankfully.

I had no idea the desert sorceress had a grab attack :stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HE5LaMp2Rw0

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

The best thing about dual cestus is the powerstance. Can you powerstance bare fists somehow?

Also: Way to miss the opportunity to make unarmed backstab a German suplex, From software.

Vanquisher's seal lets you. It does pretty good damage, especially the L2 two-hit. It's probably at its best in PvP though, where absolutely no one recognizes that power stancing without weapons means they're about to get hosed up. Lots of people think they're in for some little 2-3 damage gimmick fight.

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.

Internet Kraken posted:

Still, it was worth it to dress up as an astronaut and punch everything to death. Lots of people summonsed me too so I think people were pretty amused with it Is there any point for a sunbro to go into NG+? Can I still help NG+ people in NG?
NG and NG+(beyond) co-op pools are different, so yes you'll have to go to NG+ if you want to help people in NG+.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

A new patch is forthcoming. Bino-boosting and parry-walking are both going away. No set date, yet.

:siren: http://info.darksouls.jp/other/pc/information_detail/2014-06-04-01.html :siren:

my cat is norris fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Jun 4, 2014

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_24S4j-jWU

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Joined!

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Whoa :aaaaa:

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

So 3 separate DLCs coming incrementally throughout the year? Ivory King looks really interesting to me, mainly because it seems to be a snow level.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Schmetterling posted:

but he's harddddddd

He really isn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=il_cQrugDgk

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

That looks rather King's Field-esque. I'm excited.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
$25 for all three DLC, per: http://store.steampowered.com/app/284450/

Bandai Namco posted:

DARK SOULS II IS BESTOWED ADDITIONAL CHAPTERS WITH THE LOST CROWNS DLC TRILOGY
Three new DLC chapters known as The Lost Crowns trilogy will take you through entirely original areas to face a slew of unknown enemies, overcome diabolic challenges, and take-on fearsome bosses.
- DLC of Crown of the Sunken King will be available in Europe and Australasia on July, 22, 2014 for PC and Xbox / July 23 for PlayStation 3
- DLC of Crown of the Old Iron King is scheduled for August 26, 2014 for PC and Xbox / August 27 for PlayStation 3
- DLC of Crown of the Ivory King will conclude the trilogy on September 23, 2014 for PC and Xbox / September 24 for PlayStation 3.

A Season Pass program is also available for the entire The Lost Crowns trilogy via Steam for PC and PlayStation Network for PS3 from today.

Crown of the Sunken King, the first chapter in the trilogy, sends you on a journey to reclaim the crowns that Drangleic’s King Vendrick once owned. Crown of the Sunken King features an entirely different world within the DARK SOULS II universe, where stepped pyramids span a vast underground cavern. It is said that one of the ancient crowns lay buried deep within these dark caverns; but surely such a valued item cannot sit unguarded. Players that seek adversity and glory will be rewarded with a crown that holds the strength of lords from times long past.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

If it's anywhere near as good as the Artorias DLC from the first game, I'm pumped as all hell! It looks pretty neat and those new areas look like they'll be fun to explore!

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Release dates don't seem to bad for this. Would the crowns have a similar significance/function that the Throne/Kinship did?

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Looking forward to adding license01.bin, license02.bin and license03.bin to my DLC folder

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Guess I shouldn't move my battlemage to NG++ then!

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Black gulch statues...

that move :getin:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Aw yesss that's awesome. Guess I'll definitely keep my character in NG until they're out.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Cowcaster posted:

Black gulch statues...

that move :getin:

The true :darksouls: starts here!

So pumped :dance:

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Since they used cut monsters from Dks in this, I wonder if they'll use cut assets from World 6 in Demon's (which would have been a snowy level) in the third DLC. Hoping for wearbears and posh owlmen. :allears:

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Whelp, looks like I'm gonna have to remake Luca from scratch.

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Genocyber posted:

Since they used cut monsters from Dks in this, I wonder if they'll use cut assets from World 6 in Demon's (which would have been a snowy level) in the third DLC. Hoping for wearbears and posh owlmen. :allears:
Filthy One(lady covered in bugs and in a purple dress) in for the Sunken King?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Oh my loving god that looks amazing.

But I'm already slightly disappointed. When I heard "Crown of the Sunken King", I immediately assumed it would be about the ocean. A Heide Knight was in the trailer so I thought you would explore the sunken ruins deep being Heide to recover the crown of the king that ruled it. You would end up going into a hosed abyss full of all sorts of wonderful aquatic horrors. I would kill for Deep Souls :negative:

Still, that's just my personal bias talking. That trailer looks great and I'm super excited to die horribly in exotic new locals.

EDIT: More baseless speculation; the Ivory King in the 3rd DLC is the Giant Lord and you're going to travel to the forgotten realm of the Giants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

gently caress YES 3 DLC

Three chapters of harrowing Dark Souls II DLC are on the way for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC owners.

The Crown of the Sunken King - July 22, 2014
The Crown of the Old Iron King - August 26, 2014
The Crown of the Ivory King - September 24, 2014

Oh my god they have poison statues that move now?!?! :stare:

That ancient ruins looking area (sunken king) looks amazing. And I'm all for a snow setting.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Jun 4, 2014