Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slokir
Mar 18, 2012

tinkerballz posted:

EU guest passes:

4LT21Y42R4ZPMTUKDCAR
4LT8CYLSCESG1A9H4D6A
4LTB3W5U59T2P7MULC7D

You know the drill... Just say something when you use one.

Thank you,
Used 4LT8CYLSCESG1A9H4D6A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BuhamutZeo
Jun 1, 2011

Rhymenoserous posted:

And then turn around and slap whoever decided we should talk to an NPC for customization instead of just doing it in our equipment pane upside his stupid loving head.

Please also slap the person who insisted we can't wear our costumes in PVP areas, even though the most obvious giveaway to someone's class is the weapon you can't switch to be another class's via costume.

Oh, and also whoever designed the newish UI to crash my computer every 10 minutes.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
All my guest passes have been used, have fun!

Yaos fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Jun 4, 2014

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY CUBIC CENTIMETERS

First Bass posted:

Man, did anyone even report anything during the beta, or did Carbine just not bother with tuning? I had to corpse-run through a level 24 area as a 24 because some of the mobs had instant/one-minute respawn timers, and sometimes would respawn as level 27 :wtc: Ranged damage is off the charts too, the mobs with shooters hit like trucks and if you get stuck in a telegraph, you're as good as dead.
My favorite one is how it's still possible to completely run out of quests at level 48, despite an overwhelming amount of feedback about it during beta. If you quest above your level (which is pretty easy to do) and/or miss a couple of hubs in Malgrave/Grimvault you're completely SOL until you hit 49 and can do the daily quest zone. The 49 bracket in battlegrounds pretty much solely consists of people who ran out of quests at 48.

I know they were extremely strapped for time, but still.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
I understand that a lot of development time had to be devoted to making the game PLAYABLE (i.e. optimizations, server stabilization), but a lot of stuff seems... unpolished, to put it lightly.

Did they ever give a reason as to why your mob-filled areas are interspersed with the subtly red-outlined elites that range from "interesting challenge" to "skullfuckingly difficult"?

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

Noirex posted:

GMG has a 20% off coupon for any NA player, makes the normal version $48 - UK3A0U-YOVK88-88EMC8

Also, is there any NA PVE Dominion guild up?

There's <Out of Character> on Evindra, though it's fairly small at the moment!

folgore
Jun 30, 2006

nice tut

First Bass posted:

I understand that a lot of development time had to be devoted to making the game PLAYABLE (i.e. optimizations, server stabilization), but a lot of stuff seems... unpolished, to put it lightly.

Did they ever give a reason as to why your mob-filled areas are interspersed with the subtly red-outlined elites that range from "interesting challenge" to "skullfuckingly difficult"?

They contribute more to kill challenges compared to regular mobs. In my experience the extra time it takes to kill them still doesn't make it worth it, unless you're in a group.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

First Bass posted:

I think they're supposed to be inducements to group up, since they usually give a big chunk of quest credit and a decent amount of XP. Doesn't help that everybody would rather just studiously ignore them and compete for minion pops.

sweatshopdaycare
Sep 26, 2005

~~~facial hare~~~

Yaos posted:

Here's my guest passes.

NTXB2BZEAYATIMBKJWQD
NTXBD0WB3GH50CGVZ30Q
NTXCVEAM4COJAMEC0G44

Used the middle one. Thanks!

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

Carlton Banks Teller posted:

There's <Out of Character> on Evindra, though it's fairly small at the moment!

Who do I contact about joining?

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Decided to pick this up but unsure on the class to play - leaning towards Stalker currently as I tend to play Rogues, although I'm torn between either it or the Spellslinger. How are they both holding up? I assume Stalker is the less squishy of the two.

irhello
Mar 28, 2010

Yaos posted:

Here's my guest passes.

NTXB2BZEAYATIMBKJWQD
NTXBD0WB3GH50CGVZ30Q
NTXCVEAM4COJAMEC0G44

Got the first one, thanks! Someone already has the third one too.

Syrek
Jan 13, 2010

Meeeeeeeeehhh
I dunno 'bout that

IchGestalt posted:

Decided to pick this up but unsure on the class to play - leaning towards Stalker currently as I tend to play Rogues, although I'm torn between either it or the Spellslinger. How are they both holding up? I assume Stalker is the less squishy of the two.

Stalker is a Tank/DPS and Spellslinger is a Healer/DPS so take whatever seems more comfortable to you.

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

Anoia posted:

Who do I contact about joining?

kernelangus, Ceruleane, or Zookwik

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Taear posted:

Like someone else said, the diminisher bot is pretty amazing in PvP. It creates a gigantic snare area and does really nice damage.

I do really hate the bots when I'm levelling though. They get lost really easily and because I tend to just run by mobs the bots will CONSTANTLY aggro ones from really far away, running over and attacking them. It's so incredibly irritating.

Let me tell you about the space jam dungeon group last night where a bruiser bot went rogue and caused a group wipe not once, but twice.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Rhymenoserous posted:

Let me tell you about the space jam dungeon group last night where a bruiser bot went rogue and caused a group wipe not once, but twice.

He was programmed to welcome all enemies to the jam.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Rhymenoserous posted:

And then turn around and slap whoever decided we should talk to an NPC for customization instead of just doing it in our equipment pane upside his stupid loving head.

I don't know if it was confirmed but word is that the current system is just a stop gap to prevent abuse until the GW2 style costume system is finished.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I don't know if it was confirmed but word is that the current system is just a stop gap to prevent abuse until the GW2 style costume system is finished.
...What kind of abuse?

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY CUBIC CENTIMETERS

First Bass posted:

They're a fairly recent addition that was made in response to complaints that group questing felt bad. Definitely not intended for the solo player.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

folgore posted:

They contribute more to kill challenges compared to regular mobs. In my experience the extra time it takes to kill them still doesn't make it worth it, unless you're in a group.

They are good if you are in a high pop area. Most other people will avoid them like the plague, so you can get to gold off the elites.

cader944
May 8, 2012
US Guest Pass Keys

XO7160B1UW8XJC41NUQ3
XO7BM7FE0GLUEBBON5RU
XO7FFYMO0ZC5PA2IIY58

Appear to be used up. Enjoy!

cader944 fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Jun 4, 2014

edgeman83
Jul 13, 2003

cader944 posted:

US Guest Pass Keys

XO7160B1UW8XJC41NUQ3
XO7BM7FE0GLUEBBON5RU
XO7FFYMO0ZC5PA2IIY58

Took XO7FFYMO0ZC5PA2IIY58, thanks tons!

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
FYI for spellslingers doing stormtalons lair. When he does the "Throw you back and spawn a fuckton of tornadoes" bullshit just sprint halfway into the room, voidslip to him then when you de-void hit him with both of your interupts :sun:

Then sprint back to your group because your medic only has T-rex healing.

Mount Desert
Jan 14, 2010

-Inu- posted:

My favorite one is how it's still possible to completely run out of quests at level 48, despite an overwhelming amount of feedback about it during beta. If you quest above your level (which is pretty easy to do) and/or miss a couple of hubs in Malgrave/Grimvault you're completely SOL until you hit 49 and can do the daily quest zone. The 49 bracket in battlegrounds pretty much solely consists of people who ran out of quests at 48.

I know they were extremely strapped for time, but still.

Lol, this is what happened to me.

I had to grind out mobs in Grimvault and make a few passes around Malgrave to see if I missed some quests. They should just open Crimson Badlands at 48.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

cader944 posted:

US Guest Pass Keys

XO7160B1UW8XJC41NUQ3
XO7BM7FE0GLUEBBON5RU
XO7FFYMO0ZC5PA2IIY58

I took the middle one, thanks.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Carlton Banks Teller posted:

kernelangus, Ceruleane, or Zookwik

He can contact jabro, too. I swear I'm nice! :wave:

Slo-Tek
Jun 8, 2001

WINDOWS 98 BEAT HIS FRIEND WITH A SHOVEL

cader944 posted:

US Guest Pass Keys

XO7160B1UW8XJC41NUQ3
XO7BM7FE0GLUEBBON5RU
XO7FFYMO0ZC5PA2IIY58

Thanks much.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
When can I buy gold CREDD?

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

When can I buy gold CREDD?
They haven't enabled it yet because they're waiting for server economies to stabilize, or so we're told. May not bother until close to the end of the free month.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Nakar posted:

...What kind of abuse?

You used to be able to access the costume panels everywhere, Carbine was worried about people using the extra costume space for gear that dropped while you were out questing to free up bag space.

BuhamutZeo
Jun 1, 2011
^^ Fuckin' beat like a Chua science "experiment".

Nakar posted:

...What kind of abuse?

I'm guessing having an extra 7 or so inventory slots per costume or whatever. Something at least as equally stupid.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

So I got rank 10 in my scientist path last night and got my portal to capital city ability. Never have to scan anything again.

frest
Sep 17, 2004

Well hell. I guess old Tumnus is just a loverman by trade.
So I've been tanking a bit on my Stalker. Using the group finder, I've tanked Stormtalon a few times to completion. I've tanked Kel Voreth or whatever as well, but not to completion yet using group finder. I've also tanked the various world bosses I've encountered so far (although to my annoyance the achievements seemed to have bugged out for them). I don't really think the adventures count much because they seem pretty simplistic so far.

The biggest variable I notice is DPS quality. I've never had a truly bad healer. The best healer I've had so far was a really on-point Spellslinger, but I've had several Medics who all did a really good job as well. Concerns about Medic healing are really overblown, but I had to like, specifically instruct ranged dps like Espers and Spellslingers to get with the program and stay with the group because a Medic absolutely cannot be in two places at once when tank healing.

The variance between DPS players however is staggering. I had a group that couldn't get the second boss of Stormtalon below 60% in a full phase rotation, meaning that the healer was going to run out of focus shortly thereafter. The next group had him stunned instantly and down below 30% after one go-around. Let's not even get started on stuns. My biggest gripe, besides the inherent spikiness of Stalker tanking, is that I can't really commit more of my buttons to stuns yet. I need that last button slot already! I know that stuns should be a group responsibility but gently caress that, I wish I could take more responsibility out of the hands of idiots. If I could handle all the interrupts myself at least that way I could be sure we won't wipe to trash with the INCREDIBLY OBVIOUS INTERRUPT that no one ever actually bothers to do.

That being said, tanking is a really interactive process and there's no auto-pilot (at least so far). Threat is an issue, dodging is an issue, rotation cooldowns etc. Very enjoyable if a little stressful. My wishlist is for an Outfitter-style mod to help me manage my tanking set, and for Outfitters to actually craft and sell gear on my server. Anything that comes from a Mining-driven profession is plentiful and cheap. Leather stuff by comparison simply does not exist.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
NTDQG3AQNZG774AS2U32 NA

Burreeto Burreyeto
Aug 28, 2009

I'm a gay zebra.

Reason posted:

NTDQG3AQNZG774AS2U32 NA

Thanks for the code.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

NA Passes.

RWK3A6DZ6OK3KY66II4T
RWK7DE2O1V0EHLS4YGF4
RWK7V00BTHLA3RJNRV4I

Apple2o
Mar 25, 2009

by Pragmatica

(and can't post for 9 years!)

jabro posted:

RWK3A6DZ6OK3KY66II4T

Snagged this one.

Edit: Also if I am too lazy to sign up for the official auths for goon guilds or whatever right now; what server should I roll on NA for the 'evil' faction (PvP of course)?

Apple2o fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Jun 4, 2014

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

frest posted:

The variance between DPS players however is staggering. I had a group that couldn't get the second boss of Stormtalon below 60% in a full phase rotation, meaning that the healer was going to run out of focus shortly thereafter. The next group had him stunned instantly and down below 30% after one go-around. Let's not even get started on stuns. My biggest gripe, besides the inherent spikiness of Stalker tanking, is that I can't really commit more of my buttons to stuns yet. I need that last button slot already! I know that stuns should be a group responsibility but gently caress that, I wish I could take more responsibility out of the hands of idiots. If I could handle all the interrupts myself at least that way I could be sure we won't wipe to trash with the INCREDIBLY OBVIOUS INTERRUPT that no one ever actually bothers to do.

With most goon groups it's just been an issue of us learning the fights. However I had an adventure group last night with several pubs (And one idiot goon) that was just horrid. The tank was standing in so many telegraphs that he'd literally go from no shields (But full health) to 0 in the time it took me to spool up a single heal.

That and he fought every goddamn sniper on the L15 adventure (Exile side) that came within reach of his meaty paws.

Finally yelling at him over and over again to stop doing that poo poo got him to listen. At which point the last boss bugged out and the rear end in a top hat goon ragequit. We cleared it on the very next attempt.

Also suggestion for any devs listening: Renown gear at the same levels of dungeons that you can buy say at least one piece per dungeon run would be absolutely awesome.

UberN00ber
Oct 18, 2004

It's a sponge puck.

jabro posted:

NA Passes.

RWK3A6DZ6OK3KY66II4T
RWK7DE2O1V0EHLS4YGF4
RWK7V00BTHLA3RJNRV4I

Took the 3rd one. Thank you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SadPanda
May 1, 2009

jabro posted:

NA Passes.

RWK3A6DZ6OK3KY66II4T
RWK7DE2O1V0EHLS4YGF4
RWK7V00BTHLA3RJNRV4I

Grabbed the second one. Looking forward to trying this out. Thank You!

• Locked thread