Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Has Oliver North weighed in on the whole Bergdahl thing yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Dr Christmas posted:

Has Oliver North weighed in on the whole Bergdahl thing yet?

Yep, and it was even more ironic than you might imagine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2EiFQXTwVM

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012

Azuth0667 posted:

This, I never understood how places like :foxnews: were happy to poo poo on food stamps but, completely ignored corporate welfare which without seeing any numbers I'd be willing to gamble my next meal that spending on it far outstrips SNAP spending.
That's a red herring. If SNAP is a good stimulus program, it is never too big. Look at the ROI the government gets for every dollar spent: a 1.79 raise in GDP for every dollar.

Ok, so what this graph is telling us is that raising the tax rate on high income earners will shrink the economy less than an equal cut in just about any social program.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Well what is Obama's goal here, in the rightwing's mind? Rewarding a traitor to make himself look good for the zero elections he's ever going to run in again?

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Tender Bender posted:

Well what is Obama's goal here, in the rightwing's mind? Rewarding a traitor to make himself look good for the zero elections he's ever going to run in again?

Destroying America I think

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

TheQat posted:

Destroying America I think

With lazy malice.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Tender Bender posted:

He was able to secure the release of his buddies in Guantanamo, and managed to do so by rescuing a fellow America hating traitor. A double dipper!

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

pengun101 posted:

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/oliver-north-yes-oliver-north-accuses-obama-financing-terrorist-organization-bergdahl-releas
I am sorry, I cant do it, I hate the right wing in this country, I honest to god hate them. I use hyperbole as much as the next goon, But i honestly hate the GOP and the right wing right now.

I read this and then went looking for the article that mentions how his head exploded after he made that statement, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to exist.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Tender Bender posted:

It's going to boil down to "distract from the VA scandal by making a deal to bring back his Taliban Traitor Buddy, a deal that destroys America in the process".

Am I missing anything?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

The message is that Obama is trying to look good by getting a POW home for the PR value. However by doing this he broke the law and thus is a tyrant. In addition Obama didn't really do his research and the guy he got back is a traitor that got his squamates killed so we shouldn't be happy that he's back, in fact we should probably kill that guy. Lastly in order to get that guy back we gave up five of the most dangerous terrorists in the history of America so now the terrorists are going to REALLY start capturing Americans in order to get their buddies back in lopsided trades. Obungler sure screwed this one up.

I haven't heard that they are his personal buddies yet but there's always tomorrow's new messaging campaign to get out to the drones to propagate.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Guys come on, it's Admitted War Criminal Allen West. If you're going to talk about him, at least get his name right.

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR
Noted FARC financier, Tehran arming, Accused of High Treason Ollie North!

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Zuhzuhzombie!! posted:

Noted FARC financier, Tehran arming, Accused of High Treason Ollie North!

it was the contras actually.

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum
Edit. Oops, beaten.

Aeka 2.0 fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Jun 4, 2014

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

pengun101 posted:

it was the contras actually.
No. he armed Tehran (by selling them missiles) and the contras (by taking the cash from the sale and buying them weapons).

He also skimmed off a percentage from the sale and used it to build add-ons to his house. A true patriot!

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbLD2JyFAlE

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

It does seem like a flaw in the system where you can pardon the criminal that does dirty work for your organization. Not sure how to solve that one though.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

FMguru posted:

No. he armed Tehran (by selling them missiles) and the contras (by taking the cash from the sale and buying them weapons).

He also skimmed off a percentage from the sale and used it to build add-ons to his house. A true patriot!

Also, only went the Iran funding route when people said it was a bad idea to turn a bind eye to Noriega's drug running because the drug profits of the crack epidemic were being funneled to the contras.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

You guys don't get it. The dude is a deserter who hates America and probably deserves to die. The prisoners they exchanged for him were Osama Bin Laden's right hand men. OBAMA! :argh:

This is pretty close to how the story was covered on Good Morning America on Monday. They stated how he deserted and was possibly looking to join the Taliban, and how the 5 people that were released were high up on the "MOST LIKELY TO RE OFFEND" list in Gitmo.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Radish posted:

It does seem like a flaw in the system where you can pardon the criminal that does dirty work for your organization. Not sure how to solve that one though.

It's not a bug, it's a feature.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

McDowell posted:

It's not a bug, it's a feature.

Fair enough.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

OxySnake posted:

how the 5 people that were released were high up on the "MOST LIKELY TO RE OFFEND" list in Gitmo.

Who knew that torturing the poo poo out of people for the last 10 years might leave them with a possible grudge.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

New York Daily News today had called the POW exchange treason and that he's violated hours oath of office. They were also pushing the POW is a traitor who got 6 of ARE TROOPS! Killed. It was never the best paper but it's getting to Post level awfulness.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I haven't really seen anything yet but why is this treasonous by Obama and the Iron-Contra deal totally ok? I know there's an absurd answer I just want to hear it.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Radish posted:

I haven't really seen anything yet but why is this treasonous by Obama and the Iron-Contra deal totally ok? I know there's an absurd answer I just want to hear it.

Oliver North is not a Democrat.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

GutBomb posted:

Oliver North is not a Democrat.

Yeah that's the real reason but I want to know the hilarious reason they have to say is why it's ok.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Radish posted:

Yeah that's the real reason but I want to know the hilarious reason they have to say is why it's ok.

If it's anything like the answer I get for why it wasn't treason before all this it'll simply be "the cost of Empire." And something about Communism.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Allen West has more faith in the power of Islam than most muslims themselves. May blessings be upon him. Allahu Snackbar.

Allen West always triggers PTSD episodes for me. (I was in 4th ID in 2003, I saw how they did business, he was only slightly more paranoid and egomaniacal and stupid than his peers, which is why he only got NJP for his war crime) I try to avoid wishing premature death on people, but he really strains my principles.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Radish posted:

Reagan did the Iran-Contra deal because he loved America. Obama did the Traitor-5 Terrorists deal because he hates America.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

KomradeX posted:

New York Daily News today had called the POW exchange treason and that he's violated hours oath of office. They were also pushing the POW is a traitor who got 6 of ARE TROOPS! Killed. It was never the best paper but it's getting to Post level awfulness.

Is it up to six now? Why not just attribute all the deaths in that region since he left to him?

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
I heard eight yesterday

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

My Q-Face posted:

Is it up to six now? Why not just attribute all the deaths in that region since he left to him?

That's actually what they're doing.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

My Q-Face posted:

Well isn't that what's been happening? That everyone that has died in Pakitia Province is being chocked up to him?

I just had an ex Navy guy (who served on Submarines) day the guy is a traitor avx I just asked why would the government rescue a traitor instead of dropping a missile on him? So far no answer.

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

My Q-Face posted:

This is literally what they are doing - every death in the region for the 4 months after his leaving.

The best response on this I've heard is from a DoD official who said (paraphrasing here): "If this were the Navy and someone was in the water, we wouldn't quibble over whether he was pushed, fell, or jumped, we would turn the boat around and get him out."

As I said when this story first broke, this for me is the lowest point the right wing machine can go. Actively wishing death upon a POW. It really doesn't get worse than that.

Unzip and Attack fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Jun 4, 2014

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

If I was active military I would think very carefully about what the GOP is doing here and how that might affect me if I got captured.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I really don't get all the noise about this guy getting soldiers killed. Was he a recruiter or something? Are these soldiers resentful of doing something dangerous yet ultimately pointless? Was their vital mission compromised in any way?

If Bergdahl was really a 'deserter' he would probably have a better plan than to leave the wire and immediately blunder into enemy hands. So we're not just pissing all over a POW, but a POW with probable poor mental health. Classy.

boner confessor fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Jun 4, 2014

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
Who ever is in for Rush today claimed that Bergdahl will be a democrat politician in a few years.

I don't understand how news organizations not openly trying Bergdahl 24/7 on their network is propping him up as a hero. However, chuck Todd saying Bergdahl is being swift boated by millennial soldiers means chuck Todd is ok with whatever actions the sergeant might have taken.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Popular Thug Drink posted:

I really don't get all the noise about this guy getting soldiers killed. Was he a recruiter or something? Are these soldiers resentful of doing something dangerous yet ultimately pointless? Was their vital mission compromised in any way?

They were out doing many more missions, going into many more villages, and pouring a lot more soldiers into the area in the search for Bergdahl. It put a lot more people at risk and stirred up a lot of resentment among the Afghans, which led to a disputed number of American soldiers being wounded and killed.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Popular Thug Drink posted:

I really don't get all the noise about this guy getting soldiers killed. Was he a recruiter or something?

When he left/abandoned his post people died looking for him. I don't really think it's entirely fair since while yes the events wouldn't have transpired where those six guys were in the exact place at the exact time of their deaths, they were killed by enemies in a combat zone so it's really not like the guy booby trapped his trail or anything malicious. It's really nothing more than OBAMA BAD since none of these people gave a poo poo about the six people that died when Bergdahl was in captivity as evidenced here:

http://freakoutnation.com/2014/06/03/before-and-after-shots-republicans-pleading-for-pow-bergdahls-release-until-obama-made-made-the-deal/

I mean this Time article is really dumb.
http://time.com/2809352/bowe-bergdahl-deserter-army-taliban/

This entire premise is that we'll never hear about the six who died which is absurd since that's been the narrative since day 1. In addition there's lots of "these guys died while Bergdahl has the audacity to live!" garbage. I don't think that dude deserves any commendations or whatever but acting like he's been chilling at the poolside during his Taliban capture is ridiculous. They are really building up the message that this guy should be dead and since he's not, well we better fix that problem. Soldiers to the GOP are only good for one thing, killing and being killed and that's becoming more and more blatant.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Jun 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Eagerly awaiting the conservative call for noted person-who-got-US-service-members-killed-for-idiotic-reasons George W. Bush to be handed over to the Taliban.