Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Beef Waifu posted:

Adachi Navigator is what dreams are made of too. In what ways can he insult me for my poor performance?

Yeah, I can't wait to hear his lines in english, hopefully he's as hammy as he was in P4. :allears:

Golden Goat posted:

What's with Adachi's chunky evil looking boss?

Probably just a placeholder (head of the police force?) for whoever gets Adachi a TV and gives him a chance to escape.

Also, have a dog with goggles:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

gently caress Adachi, I want Koro: Ace dog fighter.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh my god what shades is Adachi getting?

WHAT SHADES IS ADACHI GETTING?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Okay yeah I am 1000% buying the glasses pack again

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm pretty sure all of the glasses are accessible from the start, they seem to be in the arcade version anyways.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Beef Waifu posted:

Reflective aviators. He was a cop at one time, after all.

(I don't actually know, but that would be so great if it was that.)

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I see that prison time hasn't made Adachi any less rat-poo poo insane. You'd think getting brainjacked by a disco eyeball would have taken the edge off.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

Beef Waifu posted:

The same style as Yu's but with opposite colours.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

S-Alpha posted:

My day is complete. :allears:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Golden Goat posted:

What's with Adachi's chunky evil looking boss?

That's probably whoever was controlling Labrys controlling someone to talk to him. Probably not Nyarly though, he's got the good sense to disguises as someones dead dad, not some guy with evil glowing red eyes.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

S-Alpha posted:

Adachi... Navigator?:

I want Adachi to call me a filthy slut. :allears:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Butt Ghost posted:

I just hope someone on the translation/localization team is a Giant Bomb. I would love to hear Adachi say "I use words like Dippy and then I Break out a 'BITCH!' ".

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Oxxidation posted:

I see that prison time hasn't made Adachi any less rat-poo poo insane. You'd think getting brainjacked by a disco eyeball would have taken the edge off.

I wonder if they're just ignoring him slightly reforming and giving Yu hints that it's not over or what.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
His arcade mode appearances sort of imply he's there against his own choice and even he has no idea what's going on. I mean dude's just nuts and admitted defeat, he didn't retire from being psychotic.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Butt Ghost posted:

All these bitches.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I just hope someone on the translation/localization team is a Giant Bomb. I would love to hear Adachi say "I use words like Dippy and then I Break out a 'BITCH!' ".

I ain't sayin' she's a gold digger...

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Hellioning posted:

I wonder if they're just ignoring him slightly reforming and giving Yu hints that it's not over or what.

Doesn't he reform in the epilogue? Remember that the "timeline" for the p4 spinoffs is literally in the space of 1 week

Edit: Dog Glasses best glasses

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Doesn't he reform in the epilogue? Remember that the "timeline" for the p4 spinoffs is literally in the space of 1 week

Edit: Dog Glasses best glasses

He reforms in the 'true ending' path, so before epilogue. I'm pretty happy it looks like he's still an insane douchebag psychopath though. I don't think i'd be able to believe it if they had him act anything like a good guy.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

From the look of those screens, something demonic intervened to set Adachi loose. I'm glad they're actually explaining it instead of saying "It was just a Shadow" or "He just straight-up broke outta jail"

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
All I hope for is Adachi still being a sociopathic douchebag who is really confused and angry at his predicament and takes out his anger on Nyarlo's cronies.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Excels posted:

From the look of those screens, something demonic intervened to set Adachi loose. I'm glad they're actually explaining it instead of saying "It was just a Shadow" or "He just straight-up broke outta jail"

The Golden Ending references Adachi still being in jail, so I imagine he'd have had to have a TV in his cell or anything. Which is kind of weird, since you'd think Dojima would have given instructions not to let the guy near any TVs, but I suppose the red sky Inaba might throw a bit of chaos into the works.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

ApplesandOranges posted:

The Golden Ending references Adachi still being in jail, so I imagine he'd have had to have a TV in his cell or anything. Which is kind of weird, since you'd think Dojima would have given instructions not to let the guy near any TVs, but I suppose the red sky Inaba might throw a bit of chaos into the works.

You can see in the plot scans I posted earlier that there's a shot of Adachi in a room with the red-eyed guy and a TV. If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say the red-eyed guy is someone interrogating Adachi (and is probably possessed), puts a TV in the room, and that's how Adachi escapes. I'm guessing that's how they'll write him out of prison.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

S-Alpha posted:

Doggles.

vvv I hope he gets a taunt button to put them on or take them off like Guile.

Suspicious Cook fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Jun 5, 2014

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

S-Alpha posted:

Reflective aviators. He was a cop at one time, after all.

Oh man, I really hope it's this. That'd be just perfect.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Suspicious Cook posted:

Doggles.

vvv I hope he gets a taunt button to put them on or take them off like Guile.

If you're wishing for sunglasses interaction why would you not wish for Wesker's sunglasses from MvC3

He does more damage when he takes them off as part of his super

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

If you're wishing for sunglasses interaction why would you not wish for Wesker's sunglasses from MvC3

He does more damage when he takes them off as part of his super

Bonus points if he gets a version of Phantom Dance where Koromaru bounces across the screen.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
IGN put up a video preview of one of their dudes' impressions of this game so far. He talks about the new characters, some of the new systems in place and Shadow characters. Among the Localized titles we also have confirmation of voice actors for both Shos, Yukari, and Junpei.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow9c9TC-lPs

Sho - The Rule Smashing Pun Machine
SHO - The Scar-Faced Dark Messiah
Yukari - The Unsightly Pink Sniper
Junpei - The Mighty Strike-Out Slugger

Michelle Ruff and Vic Mignogna are back as their respective characters and Sho/SHO is voiced by Todd Haberkorn.

Also dunno if we knew this or not, but it sounds like Lotus Juice is doing the theme.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Jun 5, 2014

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

"Unsightly"? I guess they just couldn't think of anything for Yukari since she's now pretty much Perfect

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Excels posted:

Nyarlathotep busted him out and realized too late that Adachi is an equal-opportunity kind of psychopath.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
Haha Junpeis gimmick is insane and awesome.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

I refuse to play these in English because I'm still bothered by New Chie and New Teddie. They just don't sound right at all.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Excels posted:

I refuse to play these in English because I'm still bothered by New Chie and New Teddie. They just don't sound right at all.

They don't sound right to you because you're just plain wrong. :colbert:

(Japanese Teddie is the worst thing.)

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

I don't understand how anyone could think New Chie is better than the old one. Her old voice was adorable and I thought it fit her design really well.

Now she talks like someone trying really hard to sound anime, it's terribad.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Please shut up and talk about Sho's kickin rad puns and the fact Junpei does baseball signals for his Persona's attacks.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Excels posted:

I don't understand how anyone could think New Chie is better than the old one. Her old voice was adorable and I thought it fit her design really well.

Now she talks like someone trying really hard to sound anime, it's terribad.

I can get preferring old Chie to new Chie, but you'd genuinely have Japanese Teddie and Japanese Rise over new Chie?

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"

Oxxidation posted:

Nyarlathotep busted him out and realized too late that Adachi is an equal-opportunity kind of psychopath.

That sounds right up Nyarly's alley.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

Beef Waifu posted:

Also dunno if we knew this or not, but it sounds like Lotus Juice is doing the theme.

thank god

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Hellioning posted:

I can get preferring old Chie to new Chie, but you'd genuinely have Japanese Teddie and Japanese Rise over new Chie?

Rise sounds like every Japanese girl, nothing too grating. Japanese Teddie sounds like a little kid, which is what he is, so I think it's fine.

Why were Chie/Teddie's voices changed? Scheduling conflict?

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

You get used to new Chie very quickly if you play Golden. Teddie I honestly could never tell they swapped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Even if I was so revolted by the new Chie voice I would get physically ill every time I heard it, I couldn't imagine playing it in Japanese.

• Locked thread