Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
is this a dumb waste of money
yeah it is
i dont think so, it sounds kind of cool
hmm...not sure op
View Results

• Locked thread
baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
and i guess it uses the android operating system or something. i dont know much about tech stuff but imo there is no way that this dumb thing is any more useful than an iphone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
Suck It iphoners

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
lol if i ever see someone walking around with one of those im going to smash him in the back of the head and run off with it

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
The whole leather thing cheapens it. As a dirty non rich person I guess i'll never know, but god it looks so so tacky. I can visualize it in a plastic clamshell package.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
Why would you pay that for a not iPhone?

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude
Lol if you spend less than several thousand dollars on any piece of tech you buy. How do you like the bronze age?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

baw posted:

and i guess it uses the android operating system or something. i dont know much about tech stuff but imo there is no way that this dumb thing is any more useful than an iphone

p sure the old Vertu phones were literally old nokias in a disgusting case.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

User Interface Display Languages:

Arabic, Bahasa Indonesia, Czech, English (GB), English (US), French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish (ES), Spanish (US), Thai, Traditional Chinese (Twn), Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese

lol non-g8 and non-kleptocracy countries can gently caress right off

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

looks good and strong

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Some people just like the most expensive stuff

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

baw posted:

I too wish I were an bird man with his own penthouse runway.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
it better be Hermès or GTFO

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

will it turn me into a birdman?

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
dude i bet he even has a tube slide into a jacuzzi

Momplestiltskin
Jan 15, 2014

Got any extra firstborns?
i dont want any phone that doesnt turn me into a bird man

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
i still use a dumb phone :coal:

baw
Nov 5, 2008

Wayside Bazaar posted:

it better be Hermès or GTFO

lol it's british so if anything it would be burberry or some worthless poo poo

i might be briefly tempted by an hermès phone but only briefly

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

How many do you suppose Kanye owns?

Phil Niekro
Jun 4, 2005

great phone, i have one for me, my son, and my gay butler

Robert Red Rocket
Apr 28, 2013

CHEATED ON HIS WIFE, SLEPT WITH PROSTITUTES ON FBI TAPES, JACQUELINE KENNEDY SAID MLK WAS TAPE-RECORDED BY FBI PLANNING A SEX PARTY
I think it is really unfair for Apple to hog the high end smartphone market and we need some much deserved competition in this department and this will lead to better phones as a result of better r&d and smartphones will rise in price furthermore causing consumers to keep their phones for longer, leading to decreased demand.

Moving on

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
Remember that one Ocean's 11 movie where the bad guy had his super cool gold cellphone. The iPhone hadn't come out yet, so I bet he felt kind of like an rear end when it did.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
And they'll still call in and ask for a credit when they drop a call.

becrumbac
Apr 25, 2012
vertu used symbian until about last year looool

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

there are really dumb wealthy people who actually buy this and god is not real

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
i bet this would feel great inside my butthole

Ignoarints
Nov 26, 2010
the birdman callin

lets be honest, if you had a rooftop runway in the middle of a city with airplane a $10,000 phone probably wouldn't phase you very much

Fireless Phoenix
May 4, 2012

by Lowtax

poopzilla posted:

will it turn me into a birdman?

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

THS posted:

there are really dumb wealthy people who actually buy this and god is not real

If God wasn't real those people wouldn't be wealthy

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I can't hate a company for taking advantage of rich people with no taste.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
The worse part is the phones specs are kinda rear end. You atleast expect some like experimental 2.5ghz quad core processor or some poo poo.

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.
Vertu Phones are generally not particularly good. They're deffo high end with hardware, but there's nothing special other than that. They're trimmed with gold and leather.

Basically they're phones for dumb loving rich boomers who think wearing poo poo like gold wrist watches makes them seem rich and important, and honestly its the sort of poo poo other boomers appreciate.

Anyone whose got any amount of cash and is remotely in touch with reality just owns a 5S or a 5C.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

Ape Fist posted:

Vertu Phones are generally not particularly good. They're deffo high end with hardware, but there's nothing special other than that. They're trimmed with gold and leather.

Basically they're phones for dumb loving rich boomers who think wearing poo poo like gold wrist watches makes them seem rich and important, and honestly its the sort of poo poo other boomers appreciate.

Anyone whose got any amount of cash and is remotely in touch with reality just owns a Note 3 or a Galaxy s5

Ftfy

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

huh

Ignoarints
Nov 26, 2010

it was an accident. eagles are who are really in power, behind the shadows, pulling the strings

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
:mason: :911:

:vince:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-vjD3ih2dk

:ssh: it's a plutocratic true form...as seen here in the bohemian grove - yiffing amongst the redwoods
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9zshNWK_J4

Mariana Horchata fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Jun 4, 2014

baw
Nov 5, 2008

lol it even has some features that appeal to idiot audiophiles

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.

You could have altered it to an HTC One m8 to make your post actually seem credible but you didn't.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

becrumbac posted:

vertu used symbian until about last year looool

for ten grand it better have a built-in sybian

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
bawwwwwwwwwwww

Adbot