Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the poi
Oct 24, 2004

turbo volvo, wooooo!
Grimey Drawer
Hypermiler?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

You legitimately cannot hate on this car. Lamborghinis were always the car shouting "LOOK AT ME!" hardest and this dude has just taken that design aesthetic to the logical conclusion ...a gold chrome leopard print wrap.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
From another forum I'm on...

SteveT;246110161 posted:

Went to Bandimere yesterday for Mopar on the Mountain. Favorite ride that day. I don't know what what under the hood, but that's his 12.4 dial in on the windshield. It sounded....angry.

Neptr
Mar 1, 2011

Terrible Robot posted:

Was going to ask the same thing, surely that car can handle wider tires than that.

Re: Lotus Elite. This fit into Colin Chapman's "Add lightness" philosophy. The lighter the car, the less tire it needs, and the smaller the wheel, the less unsprung weight. Here's Harry Metcalfe, founder and former editor for EVO magazine, showing some of the design features of his '72 Lotus Elan Sprint. Tire chat at 4:00 - http://youtu.be/W3KWU1qlfIM

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

That is everything a Lamborghini should be.

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

If you buy a Lamborghini and it isn't the most garish, obnoxious thing on the road within 100 miles you did it wrong.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Guinness posted:

If you buy a Lamborghini and it isn't the most garish, obnoxious thing on the road within 100 miles you did it wrong.

I saw a black Aventador in Seattle this afternoon and it was just disappointing.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

kastein posted:

From another forum I'm on...

Oh man, that is perfect in every way.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BThIBytnljU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
This keeps popping up in my complex. It looks great, no visible rust.

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Cached Money fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Jun 25, 2022

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Cached Money posted:

Spotted this while riding the bus like a poor:

aisle seat? :v:

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

I borked the link, I'm posting from my phone, edited it to just a straight URL now.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I didn't know that car survived Mad Max 2.

Landaus are rare as rocking horse poo poo these days

Bibendum
Sep 5, 2003
nunc est Bibendum

Neptr posted:

Re: Lotus Elite. This fit into Colin Chapman's "Add lightness" philosophy. The lighter the car, the less tire it needs, and the smaller the wheel, the less unsprung weight. Here's Harry Metcalfe, founder and former editor for EVO magazine, showing some of the design features of his '72 Lotus Elan Sprint. Tire chat at 4:00 - http://youtu.be/W3KWU1qlfIM

While this is true the stock wheels on that were definitely a little wider. Here's my Eclat with 205/60-14 on stock rims.

And on the three-wheeler chat, in WA all three-wheelers are motorcycles, you need an endorsement and technically need to wear a helmet. I've never heard of it being enforced though. I think Liberty Sidecar down on Rainier are selling Morgans around here.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I really can't decide whether this belongs in awesome or terrible.

The video title pretty much says it all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzpFDJfeXD0

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
UK copps got a new toy.

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006
I spent money on this line of text just to make the "Stupid Newbie" go away.

Preoptopus posted:

UK copps got a new toy.

What's the point? You can't do anything but chase with that. Are you going to keep rowdy detainees in line by going so fast their skin stretches back?

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Bibendum posted:

While this is true the stock wheels on that were definitely a little wider. Here's my Eclat with 205/60-14 on stock rims.

And on the three-wheeler chat, in WA all three-wheelers are motorcycles, you need an endorsement and technically need to wear a helmet. I've never heard of it being enforced though. I think Liberty Sidecar down on Rainier are selling Morgans around here.

haha, i forgot that I stole* that license plate while in Ireland for that car. My favorite part about the car is that it didn't have a cigarette lighter, but a cigar lighter.

*I "stole" it from a car that had been sitting in my friends grandmothers field for ~10 years. It was rusted out to the point I lightly pulled on the plate and it pretty much fell off.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

angryhampster posted:

That is everything a Lamborghini should be.
I saw a Miura in person recently. It was beautiful and elegant, just like in photos. When did Lambo decide they want to be gaudy and blingy? Not that I don't appreciate them for what they are, but it's a lot different.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I saw a Miura in person recently. It was beautiful and elegant, just like in photos. When did Lambo decide they want to be gaudy and blingy? Not that I don't appreciate them for what they are, but it's a lot different.

As of the Countach, I think.

fakeaccount
Jun 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

EightBit posted:

What's the point? You can't do anything but chase with that. Are you going to keep rowdy detainees in line by going so fast their skin stretches back?

I would guess that it has something to do with pursuing people like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kc-J53XKF_k

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
EDIT: I shouldn't wish harm on people. CAREPOST.

I hope he doesn't continue doing this poo poo; I couldn't imagine the guilt I'd feel not hearing a 200+ MPH biker coming while I was lane changing -- I hope he doesn't gently caress up someone else's life.

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Jun 5, 2014

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Wasabi the J posted:

I really hope that guy gets hurt real good.

220 mph wheelie on a bike through traffic!? I cannot imagine how bored this man must be on an amusement park ride or with sex for that matter.

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
Pretty sure that's km/h

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

EightBit posted:

It'll be a community outreach type of thing that gets trotted out at police-related events, fairs and the like. You're on crack if you think it'll actually be used for law enforcement.

The Aussie police did this with a lotus Exige IIRC and it's fairly common practice around the world.

Wasabi the J posted:

I hope he doesn't continue doing this poo poo; I couldn't imagine the guilt I'd feel not hearing a 200+ MPH biker coming while I was lane changing -- I hope he doesn't gently caress up someone else's life.

At that speed, you may think you're changing lanes at a moderate speed but from his perspective your movements are absolutely glacial. What he's doing is insanely dumb and risky but, honestly, not fundamentally that hard. The cars pretty much become immobile obstacles at that sort of speed.

FWIW I do hope he crashes because he gives people like me a bad name.

Slavvy fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Jun 5, 2014

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

kuffs posted:

Pretty sure that's km/h

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kc-J53XKF_k&t=518s

Unrelated:

MiniFoo fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Jun 5, 2014

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

The building he does a burnout in front of at the end of the video is a police station. :v:

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Collateral Damage posted:

The building he does a burnout in front of at the end of the video is a police station. :v:

We must be related.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Wasabi the J posted:

You don't remember Ghostrider? He's been at this for so long (something like 10+ years?) I'm pretty sure something would have happened by now if he was going to crash. Some people are just that good, and it seems like he's one of them, although it makes one wonder why he isn't riding in MotoGP or something.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
He probably rides Isle of Mann, motogp would be too boring for him.

At least if he wrecked his identity would still be a mystery since he'd be turned into a human smoothie at those speeds.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

EightBit posted:

"His epiglottis fell down the stairs" :cop:

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Das Volk posted:

You don't remember Ghostrider? He's been at this for so long (something like 10+ years?) I'm pretty sure something would have happened by now if he was going to crash. Some people are just that good, and it seems like he's one of them, although it makes one wonder why he isn't riding in MotoGP or something.

I believe he does/did race, which is probably why he does such a good job keeping his identity hidden. Well that and the poo poo ton of charges I'm sure the cops want to bring against him.

I would honestly be amazed if he is still alive/pulling that poo poo. I remember first seeing his videos back in the very early 2000's. I know for a while everyone thought he was dead, but then he released a bunch of new videos, so who knows at this point. I still like this video, I am sure it would be better if I could understand what the cops are saying:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2rMveL3lKc

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

InitialDave posted:

"His epiglottis fell down the stairs" :cop:

This made my morning.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Das Volk posted:

He's like the dread pirate Roberts. He just hands off his helmet every few years and so on and so on.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
And right around the third or fourth reboot it's revealed that she was actually the dread ghostrider roberts :monocle:

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
Who's the guy on the shifter kart doing similar stuff on public roads? I can't remember his name, Kart Vader or something like that?

edit: wow, my memory is better than I thought!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hERDkDe9Lmo

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.
Ghostrider is the Stig. Mark my words.

nollij
Aug 30, 2006

Wait, wait, wait...

When did this happen?!?
Someone posted this on a facebook group. I hadn't seen it before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeUx1tZeuqA

nollij fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Jun 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

nollij posted:

Someone posted this on a facebook group. I hadn't seen it before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeUx1tZeuqA

That was fantastic.