Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Zoness posted:

Scientist can summon groups which is really nice. Also some speed buff or something? Not sure.

Scientists' other two (besides group summon) are an ability on a short timer that lets you reduce aggro radius and a portal back to their capital city that isn't on a literal one-day cooldown, AKA convenience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Ciaphas posted:

I chose Scientist and so far it's not amounting to much :(
But every OCD completionist who can't get in the stupid Scientist doors will be begging for your rear end to come push a button for them. And if you stick with it you eventually find weird poo poo like water balloons you can chuck at people and make them cry. If anything says Science it's random, unwarranted cruelty. At least that's what Mondo taught me.

Oh poo poo, new extra Eldan Gold dye coming out for you fools who paid extra money for a couple doodads:

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/63661-dye-or-dye-not-there-are-two-dyes/

CrashCat fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Jun 4, 2014

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

BLOG KING posted:

Will anyone be online for Goon Squad on Warbringer / Defiance? Using /who doesn't seem to be working for me and I'd love an invite. :(

I went through the list on the game forums, but no bueno.

Yo, send a tell to WarProfessorLatency, and make sure you're authed and poo poo of course.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
So I'll just log on and

why am i naked

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

poptart_fairy posted:

So I'll just log on and

why am i naked

Just a display bug or should be. You'll have your armor in game.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

CrashCat posted:

But every OCD completionist who can't get in the stupid Scientist doors will be begging for your rear end to come push a button for them.

I am really hoping there are a lot of people like this at end game and not a lot of scientist so I can charge them ridiculous fees to open doors.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

poptart_fairy posted:

So I'll just log on and

why am i naked

With an outfit like that you'd be popular on the RP server!

escalator dropdown
Jan 24, 2007

Like all good stories, the second act begins with a call to action and the building of a robot.

Zoness posted:

Personally I picked Explorer because I wanted to focus on leveling over everything else and minimize interactable objects that would distract me.

This was wise. I'm a Settler at level 15 and I still can't stop clicking all the things. Makes leveling slow, but I can't help myself.

suction
Jul 17, 2009
O85ZAV7SW5P8O6BMCN0H
O8636R2UQICCD6IKQAXF
O8642E5PEALLHDK6137M

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

Masonity posted:

With an outfit like that you'd be popular on the RP server!

She doesn't have the gigantic tits body type, so it wouldn't fly on an RP server.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.

poptart_fairy posted:

So I'll just log on and

why am i naked

I picked the Chua with the face that looks like the Chuck Jones version of The Grinch.

So when I get that ongoing 'naked on character select login' bug, it's just him staring at me slightly angrily in a "What??" face in his undies like I just caught a roommate changing clothes.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013
GOON SQUAD IS FULL AND I CAN'T FIND ANY ALTS TO KICK FOR SPACE

HOLY poo poo.

PROTOSTAR GOON INITIATIVE IS NOW GOON SQUAD #2

can we please have some sort of way to chat between guilds because I really feel bad for the people that are getting spilled over to PGI now.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

a cat on an apple posted:

HOLY poo poo.

can we please have some sort of way to chat between guilds because I really feel bad for the people that are getting spilled over to PGI now.

Can't you just make a chat channel?

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.

HOLY poo poo.

Get on mumble you fools.

Also, a chat channel ingame also works I believe.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Rhymenoserous posted:

Let me tell you about the space jam dungeon group last night where a bruiser bot went rogue and caused a group wipe not once, but twice.

That`s exactly what I was worried about :(

Rylek
Feb 13, 2009

Rage is the only freedom left me.

HOLY poo poo.

Who can invite to PGI? I rerolled and now the guild is full, so I can just hang out in PGI till the first month is over and half the goons stop playing. :3:

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

Rylek posted:

Who can invite to PGI? I rerolled and now the guild is full, so I can just hang out in PGI till the first month is over and half the goons stop playing. :3:

I can invite to it. Just whisper Katten in-game and I'll set you up.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

HOLY poo poo.

You can go ahead and kick my Medic Solace from Goon Squad to make room for someone's main because all my friends are buttheads and rolled on the RP server. I'll move it to PGI later today or tomorrow since I'm not likely to play it as much.

Mercurius fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Jun 4, 2014

Oddity
Jun 22, 2003

"This woman here depicted will possess unseen marks. Signs that she will be the one to bring forth my works."
Ok I feel retarded...

Explorer Scavenger Hunt quest in Deradune.

http://i.imgur.com/JOpSSUM.png

It says to dig in the north near the small termimite mounds. I'm in the north, I clicked the objective to get the guide arrow, and it points me right to this spot, but the meter isn't even on, so no "dig" button.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

I can invite to it. Just whisper Katten in-game and I'll set you up.

I'm assuming "Guest Accounts" cannot get invites? I did all the auth poo poo on the website and if someones on either guild QTpop could use one.

If not, its cool. Gonna wait til I can score a 20%+ off to buy full retail anyways. But I figure GMG will have another code up this week.

Apparently I cannot send tells. :(

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Don't forget circles which is another chat channel option. Can hold 100 people I think.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

EbolaIvory posted:

I'm assuming "Guest Accounts" cannot get invites? I did all the auth poo poo on the website and if someones on either guild QTpop could use one.

If not, its cool. Gonna wait til I can score a 20%+ off to buy full retail anyways. But I figure GMG will have another code up this week.

Apparently I cannot send tells. :(

Don't they have a code up now? I saw it in the thread earlier.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Oddity posted:

Ok I feel retarded...

It says to dig in the north near the small termimite mounds. I'm in the north, I clicked the objective to get the guide arrow, and it points me right to this spot, but the meter isn't even on, so no "dig" button.
Those missions are goddamn horrible. The spot to dig is randomised for each character so you'll need to run around the area and watch that meter and dig when it starts to fill up. Scavenger hunt digs are the worst part about the Explorer path.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013
I'll start working on telling people in-game but add the chat channel "lljk" to whatever your guild chat window is for cross-guild communication.

edit: this is for Goon Squad on Warbringer

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

PaganGoatPants posted:

Don't they have a code up now? I saw it in the thread earlier.

UK3A0U-YOVK88-88EMC8

Seems to still work at GMG.

I'm still debating 48 bucks though. Ill keep going with the guest account for a bit longer and maybe ill drunk buy it tonight.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Oddity posted:

Ok I feel retarded...

Hit g to dig. I'm pretty sure nothing in the game when you play explorer tells you this.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

General Forums posted:

Let's talk about the elephant in the room. The sprint function is a completely arbitrary feature to make the game seem more "actiony", when it doesn't work in a MMORPG. It's just plain bad.

For travel situations, I think we can all agree that sprinting is tedious & not fun, and should be removed -- it is only making my pinkie sore after days of playing. Even worse is that you even need to sprint while mounted.

My pinkie boo hoo.

jsr v2.0
Jun 26, 2004
japanese seisure robots

PaganGoatPants posted:

My pinkie boo hoo.

I dunno, I think he's got a fair point. There doesn't really seem to be a need for it, and it ties up one of the most commonly used modifier buttons.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

jsr v2.0 posted:

I dunno, I think he's got a fair point. There doesn't really seem to be a need for it, and it ties up one of the most commonly used modifier buttons.

Why even have alternate classes? It just makes the game needlessly complicated. Why even have extra abilities at all for that one class? Lets just make one class, one race, with one ability and be done with it.

gently caress it, playing video games is too tedious, I'm gonna go stare at a wall.

folgore
Jun 30, 2006

nice tut

panda clue posted:

Why even have alternate classes? It just makes the game needlessly complicated. Why even have extra abilities at all for that one class? Lets just make one class, one race, with one ability and be done with it.

gently caress it, playing video games is too tedious, I'm gonna go stare at a wall.

You're an idiot.

jsr v2.0
Jun 26, 2004
japanese seisure robots

panda clue posted:

Real mature, bud.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
Sprint gives you the ability to close gaps on melee, avoid telegraphs if you're cautious about using it, and makes platforming a lot easier

Wildstar would be worse without it~

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

Doublestep posted:

Sprint gives you the ability to close gaps on melee, avoid telegraphs if you're cautious about using it, and makes platforming a lot easier

Wildstar would be worse without it~

Makes the thread on the WildStar General Discussion forums asking for them to *REMOVE SPRINT* even funnier.

v v Actually yeah, I agree there. Or, single button push nitro boost with a reasonable cooldown.

a cock shaped fruit fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Jun 5, 2014

folgore
Jun 30, 2006

nice tut
I'm fine with it on foot but don't make me do it on my mount :colbert:

TheEffect
Aug 12, 2013
Got here via some ad about PvP, but I don't see anything about that kind of stuff in the OP, just your typical MMO PvP flavors. Is there actually a risk vs. reward aspect to PvP in this game or did I just fall for some troll ad?

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

TheEffect posted:

Got here via some ad about PvP, but I don't see anything about that kind of stuff in the OP, just your typical MMO PvP flavors. Is there actually a risk vs. reward aspect to PvP in this game or did I just fall for some troll ad?

The second one.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

folgore posted:

You're an idiot.

Sorry, but I just can't see how someone can argue that something like sprint is tedious. Its another resource to manage, makes the game more dynamic, and serves as another separator between good players and great players. If it bothers you, you can likely make an addon that just spams sprint anytime you move and you can pretend it doesn't exist.

I thought we were making fun of people on the official forums for complaining about this, but I guess not!

folgore posted:

I'm fine with it on foot but don't make me do it on my mount :colbert:

This is fair.

panda clue fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Jun 5, 2014

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I enjoy there being sprint in MMOs. Makes it more fun for me and controls closer to a shooter.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

TheEffect posted:

Did you ignore the entire Warplots section?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

panda clue posted:

Sorry, but I just can't see how someone can argue that something like sprint is tedious. Its another resource to manage, makes the game more dynamic, and serves as another separator between good players and great players. If it bothers you, you can likely make an addon that just spams sprint anytime you move and you can pretend it doesn't exist.

I thought we were making fun of people on the official forums for complaining about this, but I guess not!

This is fair.

What's this "we"? You've been here a whole two weeks and constantly show that you have more in common with the people posting on the official forums.

• Locked thread