Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Vicas posted:

yeah, same, but it still makes all the sense in the world. that quote about white women doing the best at airbnb is so obvious in hindsight and plays into tons of gender and racial stereotypes, it shoulda been so obvious

right ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

this isn't kickstarters either but i guess while we're on the topic here's another good article about how much uber sucks http://mattstoller.tumblr.com/post/82233202309/ubers-algorithmic-monopoly-we-are-not-setting-the

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Adult Sword Owner posted:

City of London is the financial capitol of the world

agreed

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

*begins the fishmech incantations*

Socracheese
Oct 20, 2008

i want to live in the 'financial capitol of the world' so i can be around as many money-worshipping sociopathic jackoffs as possible

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Citizen Tayne posted:

The big Newspaper Comment Meme here right now is "Abolish property taxes, you never actually own your home because you have to rent it from the government!" Boy do they get mad when you suggest that they have to have "skin in the game" in their community and they get even angrier if you suggest that if they can't afford the property taxes they can't afford the house and they should live within their means.

the great thing about property tax is that no one is ever truly unable to pay them -- they just don't wanna. by definition if you are subject to property tax you have a big juicy capital asset you could sell to satisfy them

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

theadder posted:

*begins the fishmech incantations*

if you say his name three times in front of a mirror, you'll poo poo out a SEPTA token

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Werthog 95 posted:

this isn't kickstarters either but i guess while we're on the topic here's another good article about how much uber sucks http://mattstoller.tumblr.com/post/82233202309/ubers-algorithmic-monopoly-we-are-not-setting-the

lmao

quote:

“We are not setting the price. The market is setting the price. We have algorithms to determine what that market is.”

lmmmmmmmao

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
lol apple switches to a bad search engine to annoy google and people here think it's a good thing

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Werthog 95 posted:

It's uber lovely! lol

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
if cab companies weren't so lovely and old uber wouldn't even be a thing but yet here we are

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
lol yeah the sad thing is uber has definitely solved some of the cab industries big, ugly problems

and imported a bunch of new ones

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
"why, i'm not wet at all! let's get rid of this umbrella!"

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
if this is the uber complaint thread now http://abc7.com/news/uber-driver-takes-drunk-woman-to-motel-arrested/91780/

penus de milo
Mar 9, 2002

CHAR CHAR

Socracheese posted:

i want to live in the 'financial capitol of the world' so i can be around as many money-worshipping sociopathic jackoffs as possible

london has two big financial districts, you've got the old money in the City of London and the new money flash boys at Canary Wharf and both of them are full of insufferable dickbags

the physical area they inhabit is this awful sterile faux-historical mess of concrete where the only life after 6pm is patrick bateman wannabes in suits acting like shitheads in expensive bars, vomiting into the gutter outside a closed 'upmarket' sandwich chain or yelling at a street cleaner because he won't summon them a taxi

penus de milo
Mar 9, 2002

CHAR CHAR

Yodzilla posted:

if cab companies weren't so lovely and old uber wouldn't even be a thing but yet here we are

companies like hailo manage to provide a similar service to uber as far as the user is concerned but they do it by working within things like "laws and regulations" not just doing whatever the gently caress they want because they have an app and thats how being a startup works

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

penus de milo posted:

companies like hailo manage to provide a similar service to uber as far as the user is concerned but they do it by working within things like "laws and regulations" not just doing whatever the gently caress they want because they have an app and thats how being a startup works

Things just never work as well as I can imagine them working!

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

JawnV6 posted:

"why, i'm not wet at all! let's get rid of this umbrella!"

end teh fed abolish civil rights and email-bomb burger king until they take buttcoins!!

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

penus de milo posted:

london has two big financial districts, you've got the old money in the City of London and the new money flash boys at Canary Wharf and both of them are full of insufferable dickbags

the physical area they inhabit is this awful sterile faux-historical mess of concrete where the only life after 6pm is patrick bateman wannabes in suits acting like shitheads in expensive bars, vomiting into the gutter outside a closed 'upmarket' sandwich chain or yelling at a street cleaner because he won't summon them a taxi

I went to a boat party indie game thing at canary wharf and it was fun but going back drunk was the worst because it's like being drunk at a business park

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
a capitol is a building actally, a city is a capital :)

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
capital is what kickstarters need

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
we have Taxi Magic in this region, it's fuckin awesome as hell. thanks, Taxi Magic

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

I went to a boat party indie game thing at canary wharf and it was fun but going back drunk was the worst because it's like being drunk at a business park

there's tolerable places surrounding canary wharf but - not at all coincidentally - the whole place is designed as much as possible to make it non-obvious where they are and to make it pretty hard for undesirables from those areas to make it into canary wharf

as someone who lives, and has grown up, on the isle of dogs i seriously want to go back in time and stab every single person who wittered on about how many new jobs and opportunities selling the heart of our community to shiny-suited cunts would bring

of all the people i grew up with - hundreds - i only know two who have ever worked within canary wharf. one of them is a hairdresser and one works in a mail room. oh and in one of the poorest areas not just of london but of the entire country the average house price is 325,000 pounds

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
yeah death to london p much

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
also new york

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Nintendo Kid posted:

yeah death to london p much

death to anyone who moved to london after 1992 will be fine by me

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

goddamnedtwisto posted:

death to anyone who moved to london after 1992 will be fine by me

not londoners, london

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
one of my highschool chums sold everything and moved to london after graduation and was literally chased out of the country in a couple months

e: 1999

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Nintendo Kid posted:

not londoners, london

london's fine

just needs a lot less cunts

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

goddamnedtwisto posted:

london's fine

just needs a lot less cunts
hey, you used a bad word this post. it should be "fewer"

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
yeah, definitely needs a lot less fewer

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

So, those worthless Kickstarters hey?

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
i know right

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

anthonypants posted:

hey, you used a bad word this post. it should be "fewer"

»not a real grammar rule«

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
london was really great to visit but seems like itd be hell to live in

if i had to move to the uk (and hell i would) its countryside for me

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

You can live in a fine home with a round green door, lol

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

i think you'd be more at home at isle of man if you catch my drift

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

Proteus4994 posted:

i think you'd be more at home at isle of man if you catch my drift

i dont pls explain

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

i dont pls explain

it's a gay joke :ssh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

i dont pls explain
hes calling you, a homo! :xd:

• Locked thread