Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JULIAN ASSANGE
Dec 6, 2012

Julian Assange FACT:
If you unzipped my pants, you would only find more pants.

Dewgy posted:

my wallet is happy i am not you right now

Most of them were sub-$100 chidlren-sized acoustics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

JULIAN ASSANGE posted:

Most of them were sub-$100 chidlren-sized acoustics.

have you not seen the poo poo i keep posting in this thread after i buy it

they'd go nicely with my pink Aldi acoustic, the blue american idol guitar, the panda electric, and my spongebob ukulele is all i'm sayin'

oh yeah and my busted up powergig sixstring that i don't think works any more

JULIAN ASSANGE
Dec 6, 2012

Julian Assange FACT:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

yep, make the captain america guitar cheap enough and i might buy it

i can't be trusted with my own money

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

Dewgy posted:

I have this mental picture of your house being something like this, but with guitars strewn everywhere.

Cheap guitars, as far as the eye can see. Also, semi related...

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

unlawfulsoup posted:

I have this mental picture of your house being something like this, but with guitars strewn everywhere.

Cheap guitars, as far as the eye can see.

gettin' there! there's some decent instruments in there too, right now i've got like six joke instruments and a dozen good ones

e: oh my god that second picture

dragonfire has JEM kits and for $200 i'm tempted to get one and then have the body upolstered

ee: vvv yeah $70 is really pushing it but i'd love to see one at a garage sale or something

Dewgy fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Jun 3, 2014

JULIAN ASSANGE
Dec 6, 2012

Julian Assange FACT:

Dewgy posted:

Not sure I should be enabling you, but

http://peavey.com/products/marvel/index.cfm/item/117814

Edit: actually they do have full sized electrics but they are $200 instead of $70 http://peavey.com/products/marvel/Guitars/ (under RockMaster)

JULIAN ASSANGE fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jun 3, 2014

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Skip the Waves, Syncopate
Forwards Backwards

It's like some really terrible street art or graffiti.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

:barf:

Dec 26, 2012

pretty sure those floral ones are actually covered in bathroom wallpaper

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
iirc it was some kind of fabric they poly'd over

JULIAN ASSANGE
Dec 6, 2012

Julian Assange FACT:
one of my grandma's shirts.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

unlawfulsoup posted:

anybody got a good picture of yngwie's pile of strats?

for some reason this is coming up when i google for it. I think google has taken this "personalized" search business too far:

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER

why do i feel the urge to grab a bowling ball

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Spanish Manlove posted:

for some reason this is coming up when i google for it. I think google has taken this "personalized" search business too far:

I get this:

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Serious talk in the worst music thread: how dumb would it be to buy a guitar in this condition? Seems risky with a neckthru that's been through that, but poo poo it looks cool.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I'm all for this if it gets kids (or ma children) to learn how yo play. But never take that poo poo in public.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE

Spanish Manlove posted:

Yeah thats it

Dec 26, 2012

Spanish Manlove posted:

you arent nearly straight enough to be constantly getting glazed donuts when searching

Fair Hallion
Jul 25, 2007

:toot: :toot: :toot: :toot:

That sure is a pile of brown guitars

I'm not talking going as far as a floral JEM but jesus if you own that many guitars wouldn't you want a little bit of colour?

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.

Dewgy posted:

Me too. I saw the Thor guitar and was like "Wow wonder how much"

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

About to trade $40 and a copy of Duran Duran's Rio on vinyl for a beat to poo poo stickered up Epi LP Jr

Owns

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Skip the Waves, Syncopate
Forwards Backwards

Declan MacManus posted:

About to trade $40 and a copy of Duran Duran's Rio on vinyl for a beat to poo poo stickered up Epi LP Jr

Owns

How did the Duran Duran LP come into the trade? :allears:

bitchtard
Dec 3, 2010

Y'all haters can suck my rear end. That pink one is the poo poo.

Skipopatomus
Aug 30, 2007

Ozzy Osbourne simply duplicated the event.

bitchtard posted:

all three of them

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

I Might Be Adam posted:

How did the Duran Duran LP come into the trade? :allears:

He asked for $50 and I told him I had $40 in cash but I'd throw in the Duran Duran vinyl to sweeten the pot

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

bitchtard posted:

Maybe you should invent a time machine and head back to the 80s when your hair metal guitars were socially acceptable.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
i think adding some hair metal guitars to todays lineup of vintage dick-suckers and brootz metal guitars would be ok

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.

unlawfulsoup posted:

I love Ibanez guitars, and especially JEMs, but goddamn. It's like they picked out the absolute worst finishes. Except for the neon pink one with the pyramid inlays, that one is pretty awesome.

It's funny, I was listening to the first three Korn albums because, I dunno, I was super into them back in middle school, and I was actually kind of impressed by how heavy they are compared to newer bands that try to be 2extreeeeme with crazy shredding and whatnot. And Jonathan Davis has a weird voice that I don't particularly like anymore, but at least their lyrics were real.

I dunno I guess what I'm saying is that it's sad that a pretty lovely band like Korn is way loving better than a lot of boring metal or -core bands that come out now. Plus, Fieldy and David Silveria really had a tight rhythm section going.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

BUSH 2112 posted:

I love Ibanez guitars, and especially JEMs, but goddamn. It's like they picked out the absolute worst finishes. Except for the neon pink one with the pyramid inlays, that one is pretty awesome.

It's funny, I was listening to the first three Korn albums because, I dunno, I was super into them back in middle school, and I was actually kind of impressed by how heavy they are compared to newer bands that try to be 2extreeeeme with crazy shredding and whatnot. And Jonathan Davis has a weird voice that I don't particularly like anymore, but at least their lyrics were real.

I dunno I guess what I'm saying is that it's sad that a pretty lovely band like Korn is way loving better than a lot of boring metal or -core bands that come out now. Plus, Fieldy and David Silveria really had a tight rhythm section going.

I really really dislike the aesthetics on Ibanez guitars, but I think it is because I mainly associate them with the worst excess of the 80s. Especially the goddamn handle in the body. :barf:

bitchtard
Dec 3, 2010

unlawfulsoup posted:

Maybe you should invent a time machine and head back to the 80s when your hair metal guitars were socially acceptable.

Hmmmm....

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

I smell the beginnings of an awfulawesome AdultSwim animated show.

Synonamess Botch
Jun 5, 2006

dicks are for my cat
I have had over a dozen guitars over the past decade so i totally get the whole amassing guitars thing but I seriously don't get the point when they're all the same fuckin guitar

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

Synonamess Botch posted:

I have had over a dozen guitars over the past decade so i totally get the whole amassing guitars thing but I seriously don't get the point when they're all the same fuckin guitar

Clearly a wise investment because demand for guitars with handle holes is only going to go through the roof.

Any day now.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

unlawfulsoup posted:

I really really dislike the aesthetics on Ibanez guitars, but I think it is because I mainly associate them with the worst excess of the 80s. Especially the goddamn handle in the body. :barf:

i don't think i've ever liked an ibanez elecric guitar; but i almost bought a woodgrain gio bass not too long ago which was pretty sweet, and i have an ael-30dvs acoustic which is probably the nicest guitar i own so i dunno what the hell

mclast
Nov 12, 2008

catchphrase over
Ibanez makes decent basses and acoustics. Their electrics are silly.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Fujigen makes really good guitars and also makes the Japanese Fenders

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.

mclast posted:

Ibanez makes decent basses and acoustics. Their electrics are silly.

Hell yeah. I tried a bunch of basses, and it was basically "do I want to pay $800 for an entry level Warwick, or $350 for an Ibanez that sounds just as good but isn't made from TONEWOOD." Plus, it's metallic orange, which rules. Their electric guitars are kind of silly and 80's looking, but I think they're the best quality for the price that you can get at pretty much any level.

That Fender bass with the triple-coil pickup was awesome, though, I would have gotten it if I wasn't looking for an active EQ.

[edit] A friend of mine bought one of these ugly yet weirdly beautiful guitars back in the day.

For some reason it's hard to find a good picture of the whole guitar, but that includes all of the terribleness. The finish and inlay really pop and look amazing in person, though.

BUSH 2112 fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Jun 5, 2014

Synonamess Botch
Jun 5, 2006

dicks are for my cat
I had an ibanez artcore and it was pretty decent, I think it was an am73. I remember it playing pretty well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Synonamess Botch posted:

I had an ibanez artcore and it was pretty decent, I think it was an am73. I remember it playing pretty well.

drat, i forgot artcores are pretty ok, you got me there

• Locked thread