Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Live person Teddie touching, now you too can touch Teddie with that one guy who voiced Gilgamesh and the least popular Persona 4 character, whatever his name was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Beef Waifu posted:

Live person Teddie touching, now you too can touch Teddie with that one guy who voiced Gilgamesh and the least popular Persona 4 character, whatever his name was.
Excuse you, his name is Tomokazu Seki and he was also Viewtiful Joe

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Beef Waifu posted:

Yukiko's voice actor is a man? weird.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Beef Waifu posted:

They already implemented that in Persona 4 Golden, though.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
For all the :stare:-worthy moments found in that live stream, I've always found Tomokazu Seki's VA chops to be highly entertaining. Especially when he plays characters such as Kanji or Domon Kasshu.

And seeing that this wasn't the first time he did something of the kind within a Persona-related streaming, I'm willing to bet that it's supposed to be seen as a running gag of sorts.

e: No! Bad Strange Quark! No silly wordplay, please! :mad:

Wark Say fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Jun 4, 2014

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Wark Say posted:

For all the :stare:-worthy moments found in that live stream, I've always found Tomokazu Seki's VA chops to be highly entertaining. Especially when he plays characters such as Kanji or Domon Kasshu.

And seeing that this wasn't the first time he did something of the kind within a Persona-related streaming, I'm willing to bet that it's supposed to be seen as a running gag of sorts.

You could say it's part of his persona.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Well, look who it is...

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I can't wait to see how JYB will differentiate between four characters with similar voices, assuming that is supposed to be Shadow Adachi.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Nah he doesn't have the gold eyes shadows have in the picture. He's just DLC isn't he? Who's to say he'll have a shadow form. Though yeah, the VA has his work cut out for him here.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Strange Quark posted:

I can't wait to see how JYB will differentiate between four characters with similar voices, assuming that is supposed to be Shadow Adachi.

I doubt there is going to be a shadow version of Adachi given what the character is going to be functioning as in the story. That being said, Shadow Yu's not exactly going to be any different from regular Yu, he'll end up being more snide, but still have his low tone and voice filter. Adachi he'll probably end up going all out and nuts especially given his facial in that image.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

Also I'm trying to figure out what the gently caress those bosses are based off of, but I got nothing.

First one looks like a queen surrounded by a bunch of playing card soldiers, so I'm guessing the Queen of Hearts from Alice in Wonderland.

Second one looks like some kind of professor or maybe a preacher, surrounded by coffins and giving some kind of lecture/sermon.

Third one is a doctor accompanied by two nurses with giant syringes.

No clue on the fourth one, though.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Beef Waifu posted:

I doubt there is going to be a shadow version of Adachi given what the character is going to be functioning as in the story. That being said, Shadow Yu's not exactly going to be any different from regular Yu, he'll end up being more snide, but still have his low tone and voice filter. Adachi he'll probably end up going all out and nuts especially given his facial in that image.

Nah, adachi's already pretty much a giggling crazy madman. Shadow Adachi probably will just be mad as all hell.

Strange Quark posted:

Adachi is different enough from his performance as Yu in P4A. Just through Adachi a bit more psychotic and it should be fine.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Jun 4, 2014

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I was referring to how JYB would handle voicing the characters. There's not going to be a Shadow Adachi because Adachi is not acting in opposition to the ME which is why there are shadow versions of all of the P3 and P4 characters except Liz (Who is an anomaly he probably isn't aware of).

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Nah, adachi's already pretty much a giggling crazy madman. Shadow Adachi probably will just be mad as all hell.

Adachi is different enough from his performance as Yu in P4A. Just through Adachi a bit more psychotic and it should be fine.

Are you talking about the anime or Arena? I know he voices Adachi way differently in the anime, but it was weird and I wasn't too fond of it.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I can't imagine they'll do the same thing they did there. Yu's a lot more reserved and toned down in Arena than how the anime portrayed him which required him to be not that. Adachi is a more emotive character ended up sort of getting screwed in his normal portrayal because of them having to differentiate the voices better and so his voice becomes raspy and annoying. This is not so much the case in Arena thankfully and JYB will be able to go nuts as the character he originally intended to portray.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Strange Quark posted:

Are you talking about the anime or Arena? I know he voices Adachi way differently in the anime, but it was weird and I wasn't too fond of it.

I meant in game. Like comparing his voice when Adachi lets loose to how Yu is in P4A Adachi sounds pretty different. I'm not too worried about JYB sounding too samey for them.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Hey, just a shot in the dark, but if anyone here knows Japanese well enough and Persona 4 well enough, I could use your help with something I'm curious about. I don't have all of them up yet (I need to go back and find them, why didn't I write down where they were????) though.

I wouldn't go editing the page just yet if you're sorta half-assing it though.

EDIT: I'm really hoping the ones I have up there aren't just the intro to the game. It doesn't look like they are though.

Color Printer fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Jun 4, 2014

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

They sound exactly the same, the only difference is how much ham the VA had that day.

edit: I don't think it's that big a deal, though.

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Jun 4, 2014

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Color Printer posted:

Hey, just a shot in the dark, but if anyone here knows Japanese well enough and Persona 4 well enough, I could use your help with something I'm curious about. I don't have all of them up yet (I need to go back and find them, why didn't I write down where they were????) though.

I wouldn't go editing the page just yet if you're sorta half-assing it though.

EDIT: I'm really hoping the ones I have up there aren't just the intro to the game. It doesn't look like they are though.

I had a listen and it definitely sounds like the intro to the game. The second block is Igor preparing to do the tarot reading, I think. Anime has not prepared me sufficiently for Igor's old-man-Japanese.

Tarezax fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Jun 4, 2014

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Tarezax posted:

I had a listen and it definitely sounds like the intro to the game. The second block is Igor preparing to do the tarot reading, I think. Anime has not prepared me sufficiently for Igor's old-man-Japanese.

Motherfucker. At least I know the other stuff I can put up is at least different stuff.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Color Printer posted:

Motherfucker. At least I know the other stuff I can put up is at least different stuff.

It sounds like they intended to move Igor's introduction later in the intro - possibly replacing the dream battle in the fog? I think he mentions you're sleeping right now.

I'm nowhere near as good at Japanese to translate this though.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe

Yechezkel posted:

Digital Devil Saga 2 was found rated on ESRB for PS3 and will probably come soon on PSN as a PS2 Classic.

Update: It's coming out this Tuesday.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Oh great I wanted to replay DDS but turns out my PS2 saves are gone so now I'll be able to get it on PSN!

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Oh great I wanted to replay DDS but turns out my PS2 saves are gone so now I'll be able to get it on PSN!

Are you playing DDS1 on the PS3? Does the lag ever go away?

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Atlus JP wants $70 for the DOWNLOAD version of Persona Q for the 3ds. What the Christ?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

BabyRyoga posted:

Atlus JP wants $70 for the DOWNLOAD version of Persona Q for the 3ds. What the Christ?

Seems like you're unused to video game pricing outside America. :japan:

Danbri
Jan 10, 2012

Try your ability! Do it!

BabyRyoga posted:

Isn't it something like the market there's so screwy that games cost an inflated amount more by comparison?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

BabyRyoga posted:

This is actually normal Japanese pricing.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I just want to know if it'll be an SMT4 situation again. When I went to buy that the special edition and regular one were the same price ($50).

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013

BabyRyoga posted:

Yeah, that's not new. Even some visual novels cost that price.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

jonjonaug posted:

Are you playing DDS1 on the PS3? Does the lag ever go away?

What Lag? Both the PSN and my PS2 copies run as well on my PS3 as they do on my PS2. I even pulled out my PS2 just to check.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

What Lag? Both the PSN and my PS2 copies run as well on my PS3 as they do on my PS2. I even pulled out my PS2 just to check.

Really? I held off buying it specifically because of the post made about it being insanely laggy.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Really? I held off buying it specifically because of the post made about it being insanely laggy.

Okay so I only got to past the first visit to the Karma Temple so maybe I just haven't hit where it starts up but I haven't gotten to the point it starts at but I personally haven't got any lag. The picture was rear end but fiddling with the screen settings in the PS button menu while in game fixed that.

Maybe turning smoothing off fixed it?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Any decent PQ streams out there?

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

ImpAtom posted:

It's not lag, it's that the EU version had the audio slightly out of sync with the visuals. Like when Serph goes to unlock the terminal at the base with his tag ring,, the sound effects finish a second or two before the action does. It's most obvious with Heat's post-battle victory pose, where he beats his chest. If you're really annoyed by that kind of thing, I can see how it would put you off, but I played through the entirety of both EU games and I never noticed it (other than the Heat thing) until it was pointed out years after the fact.

The Taint Reaper posted:

This is actually normal Japanese pricing.

If you think that's bad, the prices for new DVDs (and VHS back in the day) are legend. IIRC, laserdisc was so popular over there for a long time because they usually wound up being cheaper than tapes.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

It's not lag, it's that the EU version had the audio slightly out of sync with the visuals. Like when Serph goes to unlock the terminal at the base with his tag ring,, the sound effects finish a second or two before the action does. It's most obvious with Heat's post-battle victory pose, where he beats his chest. If you're really annoyed by that kind of thing, I can see how it would put you off, but I played through the entirety of both EU games and I never noticed it (other than the Heat thing) until it was pointed out years after the fact.

ImpAtom posted:

Oh that's good. I thought maybe I was gonna start getting super bad lag as I played later on.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Oh that's good. I thought maybe I was gonna start getting super bad lag as I played later on.

I can't speak for the rest of the game, but I played through the first hour or so, and other than the desync issue (which was always in the EU version), I found no problems. As long as the emulation's up to scratch - and according to Ghostlight themselves, there were serious problems that kept them from releasing the game for a long time on PSN, though there have been updates which apparently make PS2 emulation more stable - there shouldn't be too much trouble.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

I can't speak for the rest of the game, but I played through the first hour or so, and other than the desync issue (which was always in the EU version), I found no problems. As long as the emulation's up to scratch - and according to Ghostlight themselves, there were serious problems that kept them from releasing the game for a long time on PSN, though there have been updates which apparently make PS2 emulation more stable - there shouldn't be too much trouble.

I mean I'm about 5 mins from the first Bat fight and noticed nothing with regards to lag (I'm playing the NA version). I have noticed that money's way more scarce in this game than I remember. Mostly because I rushed everyone a bit down the hunter path so now everyone's just drowning in AP so I'm having to constantly buy new Mantras.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

That's good, the claims of lag are what held me off of buying it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glenn565
Aug 1, 2009

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

It's most obvious with Heat's post-battle victory pose, where he beats his chest.

That's not specific to the PAL/PS3 versions, as I remember that not syncing up in the US version on the PS2 either.