Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Berke Negri posted:

Is there a good list of quality foundry missions around or is it all furrasian ERP and farms the whole way down?

The Spotlight missions are usually good, and so are all the 4/5-star ones I've played. Haven't seen any Ferasan/Caitian missions and if "E" stands for what I think it does that's probably a TOS violation.

Whatever Star Trek Online is full of creepy furry Foundry missions is not the one I play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007
Uh, the entire Purity series is listed as "Spotlight" missions, so... might want to watch where you point that thing. :downsgun:

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

300 Earth Dollars posted:

Ya that's an A2B boat. I guess pretty standard w/ a spare Eng Team 1. With only 3 tac consoles might as well rainbow beams it and turn it into a party barge.

You say that like it's not the only way to build it.

Mr Wikstroem
Nov 22, 2007

And now you read this in a seally Svedisch accent Jå?

Taerkar posted:

It isn't. You can also go full polaron (preferably dominion) for maximum pink. :allears:

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

Berke Negri posted:

Is there a good list of quality foundry missions around or is it all furrasian ERP and farms the whole way down?

Play all the bijor missions. :colbert:

Rotation Confusion
Jul 13, 2012

It's harder than it looks

Taerkar posted:

well tbh i was thinking about buying one of those lovely andorian ships so i could blue phaser it

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

No mention of a hot tub bridge. :(

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

They still want a reason for people to fly other ships, I guess. :shrug:

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

Any foundry mission that is focused on space combat? The spotlight missions seem to be usually a mix of space and ground.

Kosmicka Ljubav
Nov 6, 2013
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17310411&postcount=173 No custom bridge for summer ships.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

Weissritter posted:

Any foundry mission that is focused on space combat? The spotlight missions seem to be usually a mix of space and ground.

Like with story and stuff or just shooty-shooty? There's a fair number of the latter, most farming missions and one called something like Battleship Royal Rumble.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

The thread after that post is hysterical with people whining over not being able to use bikinis off Risa and how dare Cryptic code this cool looking interior space we can't get to and and :qq:

VVVVVVV You're in.

Korgan fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Jun 5, 2014

Fiacre
Apr 14, 2010

Covering up sex crimes is a little like selling spacebucks for cash when you really think about it!
OK I think I've RPed enough with my NPC crew members.

Arakkis @arakkisfiacre

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Cryptic posted:

you can fly around in your own hot pink ship if you want!
:allears:

I'm still faintly sad to not have an on-ship pool, but it pisses the RPers off and the ship is still great so I'm quite okay with this.

Rotation Confusion
Jul 13, 2012

It's harder than it looks
I do really like that the console is basically "pubby, warp core breach thyself" and hope to see a lot of hilarious misuse of it

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

Cyberball 2072 posted:

Like with story and stuff or just shooty-shooty? There's a fair number of the latter, most farming missions and one called something like Battleship Royal Rumble.

The latter, mostly. Will look for that mission when I get back.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

Berke Negri posted:

You can give mine a shot:

My Favorite Game (fed)
Blood, Bij and Honor (kdf)

My Favorite Game is a short comedy mission. Blood, Bij and Honor is an actual proper mission.

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary
Quality foundry missions? As NoP's unofficial canary in the Foundy mine, this is what I'd recommend for someone just starting and trying to avoid getting burned on obviously awful missions:
* First Cause, then Effect (FED)
* The Syndicate Extraction (FED)
* The Bijor series (FED)
* The Fire in Which we Burn (KDF)
* Hero of the Empire (KDF)
* Blood, Bij and Honor (KDF)

Tentatively suggested:
* A Dental Appointment (FED)
* A Klingon Honor Carol (KDF)
* Daughter of the Computer (FED) / Son of the Computer (KDF)

Under no circumstances should you, a foundry beginner, be fooled into playing:
* the Purity series
* the sequels to The Fire in Which we Burn
* any mission by Ashkrik23
* that Brony mission
* the Psych Evaluation
* missions involving Helna as more than a side character

Atrayonis fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Jun 5, 2014

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009
... there's a Brony mission, you say.

I'd like to know the name of this mission. For bij.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

I'm pretty sure it's like 6 hours long.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Try the Starfleet Dental Aptitude Test. There's a prize at the end for dentals who complete the exam.

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary

kafziel posted:

... there's a Brony mission, you say.

I'd like to know the name of this mission. For bij.
Can't look it up right now - not on a computer with STO in reach.

I'm not sure why you'd want to play it. It's a Guardians of Equestria fleet history mission, aggressively boring and preachy ("oh look, <former leader> turned out to be a fascist/lazy/a total douche after all but the current leadership is here to save the day", "friendship is magic, you loving trolls"). Intermittedly, unfair ground portions and tedious to okayish space battles break the monotony of people talking about themselves and cartoon ponies. It's not even Purity-series levels of bad, it's just dumb and doesn't want to end, which I understand is why it's used as some kind of chinese water torture to weed out weak-willed spies.

The only good thing about is that it reveals someone in their leadership calling himself Futashy and apparently being totally okay with others knowing this.

VVVVV I'm afraid all the ego-driven bleating is drowning out the hilarity. These people are all insufferable, even those we are supposed to like and agree with.

Atrayonis fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Jun 5, 2014

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Acer Pilot posted:

I'm pretty sure it's like 6 hours long.
It's not that bad, even if it's about a thousand times longer than it should be. And is absolutely loving hilarious if you have any experience with creepy RPers and can read behind the scenes of what was actually going on.

(Namely, the mission maker was a colossal pervert who ran the sane people... well, as sane as Bronies get... out of the fleet through petty childish politics and being unable to reign in their naked creepiness. It's practically stated outright but they're too spergy to even realize it.)

EDIT: Also it's "founding of the UESP" or something like that, just search for UESP and look for goon reviews, it'll be obvious. There's one actual reason to give it a try even if you immediately bail; it uses the original ESD map. Not the one that got replaced this season, the extra lovely launch-era failure.

Asimo fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Jun 5, 2014

Goat Pillager
Mar 1, 2013

Atrayonis posted:

* the Purity series
* the sequels to The Fire in Which we Burn
* that Brony mission
* the Psych Evaluation

"Fooled into". Total lies. The brony mission is an absolutely essential mission to run, if only to understand the PTSD it has given all of us who have run it before.

AirborneNinja
Jul 27, 2009

Most of the stuff by CaptainRevo was pretty good.

the Pixies fukken SUCKED
Jul 16, 2003

Figure 2 in a series of 3
New patch notes are out for today, which include some fun stuff including:

quote:

Resolved an issue with Loadouts which would occasionally cause bridge officer powers, captain powers, and slotted duty officers to be removed when transitioning to another map.

Thank GOD. Although it is laughable that I'm 6 8 pages into the patch notes thread and no one mentioned this one yet.

quote:

A new Featured Project has been made available to Fleets that have already completed their Tier 5 Starbases.

This project requires no other inputs than 2000 Fleet Marks.
It is specifically designed to supply large fleets with a steady stream of Fleet Credits in return for surplus Fleet Marks.
The Fleet Credits received from this project are *HALF* of what is received from all other projects.
This project completes in 5 minutes after all inputs are filled.

I'd still rather contribute to a vanity fleet but this is nice too!

The patch notes thread is a great example of some of the worst the STO community has to offer, and a shining demonstration of why it seems like the devs troll the playerbase with disco balls.

the Pixies fukken SUCKED fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Jun 5, 2014

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary
/\/\/\/\/\/\
They also put a maximum number of targets affected by Tachion Grid. No more FPS drops.

Goat Pillager posted:

"Fooled into". Total lies. The brony mission is an absolutely essential mission to run, if only to understand the PTSD it has given all of us who have run it before.
You are all such drama queens. The only one who has any right to claim PTSD is Zaichal.

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie

Melchior posted:

Thank GOD. Although it is laughable that I'm 6 7 pages into the patch notes thread and no one mentioned this one yet.

Pretty sure the third reply mentions it. He seems upset.

the Pixies fukken SUCKED
Jul 16, 2003

revtoiletduck posted:

Pretty sure the third reply mentions it. He seems upset.

Nah, he just starts the bitching about torpedoes that dominates the thread.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I ran pubbies through the brony mission like, 5 separate times, please do not play it.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

Oh yeah Vulture Wheel is good for fast dil KDF side. It's not a great mission but it's good for the daily spotlight bonus and you can run it in 2 minutes or less.

the Pixies fukken SUCKED
Jul 16, 2003

Lagomorphic posted:

Oh yeah Vulture Wheel is good for fast dil KDF side. It's not a great mission but it's good for the daily spotlight bonus and you can run it in 2 minutes or less.

I wasn't even aware that dilithium was a reward for foundry missions. How does that work? Does this mission just award dil when you turn it in? Is there a limit for it daily or what? Reason I ask is I ran a mission once that was supposed to reward it and it didn't.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Repairing Utopia Planetia or whatever is pretty good for rewards fed-side too.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Atrayonis posted:

This is a good inclusion to the list. Consider anything made by ashkrik as toxic, and if seen in the game on one of his several Cat-only toons, pop as many discoballs as possible.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

Melchior posted:

I wasn't even aware that dilithium was a reward for foundry missions. How does that work? Does this mission just award dil when you turn it in? Is there a limit for it daily or what? Reason I ask is I ran a mission once that was supposed to reward it and it didn't.

There is a repeatable mission under your available mission list called "Investigate Officer Reports" which gives 960 dil for running a qualifying foundry mission. You also get 1440 bonus dil every 20 hours for running a "spotlight" mission.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Atrayonis posted:

Quality foundry missions? As NoP's unofficial canary in the Foundy mine, this is what I'd recommend for someone just starting and trying to avoid getting burned on obviously awful missions:

Consider it now official. :v:

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Cryptic's Patch Notes posted:

Shield Absorptive Frequency Generator:

The effects of the Shield Absorptive Frequency Generator console will no longer become active until the user has at least one shield facing below 90% maximum capacity.
What's the point of this change? It sounds like all they're doing is removing healing procs when you don't need them. Does it really make a difference if my shields are stuck at 90% when I FAW instead of 100%?

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
So how do we go about getting the new ship? I went to Risa and just saw a bunch of bartenders but no mission quests.

Sleepy District
Jun 20, 2008

g0del posted:

What's the point of this change? It sounds like all they're doing is removing healing procs when you don't need them. Does it really make a difference if my shields are stuck at 90% when I FAW instead of 100%?

The overhealing was being counted for scoreboards in Fleet Alerts meaning a Rom ship with the Valdore console had a pretty easy time getting first place rewards, especially on maps like CCE which scores healing done higher than others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

g0del posted:

It's mostly to prevent massive overhealing spam that skews the rankings in CCE and the like.

• Locked thread