Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Shelf Adventure posted:

Maybe it's so their announcements don't get lost in the flood of E3 news :shrug:

That's probably it, and honestly it makes a lot of sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Conception II got a :10bux: price drop alongside the Vita version because of the Sony Flash Sale this week. Not sure about DLC, but the Monokuma one is free.

E: Game is 29.99 and all DLC seems to have been dropped $.50 to $2, with eshop prices adjusted for tax.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jun 4, 2014

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
NCL posted an update on Brain Age:
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/software/vc/index.html#andj

The game is free until the end of the month, but requires users to update to 5.0. They also confirm that it'll be updated to the full VC version at a later date, a la the old 3DS NES Ambassador games.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Rirse posted:

Yeah that's what I am probably going to do. Thankfully I already saw on the download page the other packs are listed as "redownload". Hope the Roselia map comes out soon so I can not only get that, but also get Gold Mario.

You get gold mario instantly. I have gold mario, toadette, and nabbit, but I don't have the Reselia map pack or the 4th character.

Rirse posted:

Ugh still can't download the DLCs for Mario Golf when just selecting individual ones and restarting the cable modem/wifi. This is so odd since downloading on the 3DS has always worked perfectly fine.

:smith:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Uh, a pretty bad exploit must have been found if they are giving a game for free to get people to upgrade their systems. Conjecture, of course, especially if they show no signs of trying something similar in the West, but still an interesting thought.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Could just be a push to get more people using/aware of Miiverse, or make it so they can receive push-software (demos, etc) ahead of E3 and the TGS in a few months.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Shelf Adventure posted:

Maybe it's so their announcements don't get lost in the flood of E3 news :shrug:

I can see something like brain training being released not exactly making a splash with all the other announcements, though they probably should at least try and make a bigger deal of it if they're going to do that.

Yeah, E3 marketing actually starts about a week before E3 when people do announcements of things that they want to talk about but don't want to try to squeeze into the big announcements during E3. Of course, Nintendo has one of the largest platforms available for announcements at E3 so it's still a bit unusual for them to do it; it's a tactic that benefits the people who don't give a giant presentations more.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Zaphod42 posted:

You get gold mario instantly. I have gold mario, toadette, and nabbit, but I don't have the Reselia map pack or the 4th character.

:smith:

Still can't download it. I tried deleting the DLC content I had for it, just selecting only Mushroom DLC, standing next to the Wifi router...and it always just get stuck at a random number between 1 - 40 and just sits there for a minute until it errors and get a stupid message from Toad saying it failed. Don't think the modern/router combo that Comcast provided can have it's firewall turned off so I have no clue what to do next. This makes no sense since the trial dlc downloaded perfectly fine a few weeks ago!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Rirse posted:

Still can't download it. I tried deleting the DLC content I had for it, just selecting only Mushroom DLC, standing next to the Wifi router...and it always just get stuck at a random number between 1 - 40 and just sits there for a minute until it errors and get a stupid message from Toad saying it failed. Don't think the modern/router combo that Comcast provided can have it's firewall turned off so I have no clue what to do next. This makes no sense since the trial dlc downloaded perfectly fine a few weeks ago!

http://techforums.nintendo.com/message/130334

Does appear to be an issue with certain ISPs / routers.

You could try port forwarding, but you'd needs your 3ds IP and the port range. (you may be able to look up the ports 3ds uses) you could also try setting a DMZ if your router supports it, although again you'll need to know the IP. Your router may keep track of devices though making it easier, it depends upon the model you have.

Any neighbors have open wifi? :cheeky:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of June 5):

quote:

WII U eSHOP
    How To Survive - €13.99 / £12.59
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Wario Land 4 (GBA) - €6.99 / £6.29
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Mario Kart 8/Super Mario Kart digital promotion - buy Super Mario Kart on the VC, get a €7.99 / £5.49 discount on Mario Kart 8! Ends June 30.
    Mario Kart 8/Club Nintendo digital promotion - register MK8 on Club Nintendo before July 31, get a free digital game! (info)
    Pullblox World promotion (Wii U) - own Pullblox or Fallblox for 3DS, get 30% off Pullblox World for Wii U! Starts June 19, ends July 31.]
    Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara (Wii U eShop) - €8.99 / £7.19 until June 8
    Resident Evil Revelations (Wii U) - €29.99 / £23.99 until June 8
    Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW! (Wii U) - €14.49 / £12.19 until June 29
    Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (Wii U) - €9.99 / £14.99 until June 29

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Tomodachi Life - €39.99 / £34.99 (June 6)
    Farming Simulator '14 - €39.99 / £34.99
3DS eSHOP
    Color Zen - €2.99 / £2.99
3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Super Dodge Ball (NES) - €3.99 / £3.59
DSIWARE
    Jewel Match - 500 Points / €4.99 / £4.49
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Buy Kirby Triple Deluxe on the eShop, get Kirby's Dreamland 2 (GB) for free! (promo runs until June 16)
    Pullblox (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 until June 12
    Fallblox (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 until June 12
    Resident Evil Revelations (3DS) - €17.99 / £14.99 until June 8
    Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D (3DS) - €5.99 / £5.39 until June 8
    Super Street Fighter 4 3D (3DS) - €11.99 / £10.79 until June 8
    Hometown Story (3DS) - €19.99 / £19.99 from June 5-12
    Rage of the Gladiator (3DS eShop) - €3.49 / £3.09 until June 19
    Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW! (3DS) - €9.99 / £8.29 until June 29
    One Piece: Romance Dawn (3DS) - €14.99 / £12.19 until June 29
    PROJECT X ZONE (3DS) - €17.49 / £13.39 until June 29
    Regular Show: Mordecai 7 Rigbi in 8-Bit Land (3DS) - €14.49 / £12.19 until June 29

NA update (week of June 5):

quote:

WII U RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    How To Train Your Dragon 2 - $39.99 (June 6)
WII U eSHOP
    1001 Spikes - $9.99
    Chubbins - $5.99
    I've Got To Run! - $1.99
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap (GBA) - $7.99
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Mario Kart 8/Club Nintendo digital promotion - register MK8 on Club Nintendo before July 31, get a free digital game! (info)
    Block Drop U (Wii U eShop) - $1.49 until June 6
    Just Dance 4 (Wii U) - 50% off until June 9
    Just Dance 2014 (Wii U) - 50% off until June 9
    Just Dance Kids 2014 (Wii U) - 50% off until June 9

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Tomodachi Life - $34.99 (June 6)
    How To Train Your Dragon 2 - $39.99 (June 6)
3DS eSHOP
    1001 Spikes - $15.00; $5 discount if you own Cave Story+, VVVVVV, NightSky, Ikachan or Grinsia
    Color Zen - $3.99
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Pushmo (3DS eShop) - $4.69 until June 13
    Crashmo (3DS eShop) - $5.99 until June 13
    Conception 2: Children of the Seven Stars (3DS) - base game $29.99, all DLC $1.99 until June 9
    Bit Boy ARCADE!! (3DS eShop) - $4.99 until June 12
CLUB NINTENDO DIGITAL REWARDS
    3D Classics Kirby's Adventure (3DS eShop) - 200 Coins, available until June 8
    Brain Training Express: Arts and Letters (DSiWare) - 200 Coins, available until June 8
    Mario Kart 64 (Wii VC) - 250 Coins, available until June 8
    Super Metroid (Wii U VC) - 200 Coins, available until June 8

(1001 Spikes has actually been registering as $10.01 on the Wii U eShop but the publisher hasn't said anything about why or how long it might last.. it might have changed by now, I don't know.)

Something else I saw on 1001 Spikes: the 3DS version is unique in that interactive/trap objects are more easily distinguishable than in the other versions, for reasons unknown. Compare the Wii U shot at the top to the 3DS shot at the bottom: the falling blocks are all a lighter tone than the other tiles, which makes them very easy to spot. Bug, or feature?

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Jun 5, 2014

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Something else I saw on 1001 Spikes: the 3DS version is unique in that interactive/trap objects are more easily distinguishable than in the other versions, for reasons unknown. Compare the Wii U shot at the top to the 3DS shot at the bottom: the falling blocks are all a lighter tone than the other tiles, which makes them very easy to spot. Bug, or feature?

3DS is the baby version

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Oh, and before I forget, Nicalis admitted upfront that both versions have bugs, but I don't know exactly what they are. They said they'd be patched ASAP, but who knows.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
Oh cool, they didn't pull an SMB3 with Minish Cap. Good job, NoA.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I'm sure everyone's probably played it in one form or another by now, but, Image & Form just announced Steamworld Dig for Wii U, they're aiming for a fall release.

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

You can't choke if you chew forever
:dukedog:

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I'm sure everyone's probably played it in one form or another by now, but, Image & Form just announced Steamworld Dig for Wii U, they're aiming for a fall release.
Like a sequel/updated version or just a straight port?

cbirdsong
Sep 8, 2004

Commodore of the Apocalypso
Lipstick Apathy

deafmute posted:

Like a sequel/updated version or just a straight port?

Probably the same HD version they've put on Steam and PSN.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Wait, am I reading that right? Conception 2 is already marked down to loving $15? :psyduck:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
You read correctly, I posted incorrectly. $30.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Color Zen is also out on Wii U in PAL. Also digital deluxe people don't forget the free game you got from the MK8 promo counts as bought on there. So if you bought MK8 digitally you probably have a free £10 waiting.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Artix posted:

Wait, am I reading that right? Conception 2 is already marked down to loving $15? :psyduck:

Either you buy the Atlus game at launch for full price and all the extras, or you wait a month and it's half off. Code of Princess, Devil Survivor, Soul Hackers, and Etrian Odyssey have all followed the pattern.

Desrever
Nov 23, 2004

I'm about to take a trip this weekend, and no airplane flight is complete without a new game to play on a handheld. I'm only looking to drop around $10, since I'll have bravely default waiting for me upon my return. Any suggestions?

I see Bit Boy Arcade and 1001 Spikes are on sale today, so that's a consideration. Any "must have" titles in the <$10 range?

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world
Capcom just Revealed Ace Attorney Trilogy for an Eshop release in the Winter of This year and a new Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate trailer for release in 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5cYfMGGrFo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTCoFVE8RTU

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
And in other miscellaneous news, Image & Form just revealed that SteamWorld Dig is coming to the Wii U eShop sometime this fall.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Am I going to be able to buy Tomodachi Life off of the eshop at midnight tonight, or do I have to wait for it to update some time tomorrow?

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

mabels big day posted:

Am I going to be able to buy Tomodachi Life off of the eshop at midnight tonight, or do I have to wait for it to update some time tomorrow?

Should be midnight tonight like normal.
The game's already on the shop, they just have to flip a switch really.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Rexroom posted:

And in other miscellaneous news, Image & Form just revealed that SteamWorld Dig is coming to the Wii U eShop sometime this fall.

It's a pretty cool game but would need some kind of upgrade for me to want to buy it again.

Fast Track
Mar 21, 2013

mabels big day posted:

I got the code from Game and it's just finished downloading. They seem to go live shortly after 11, you just need a code. It's also often cheaper to get the code from them than it is to buy it off the e-store. This probably only helps people in the UK, though.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Shovel Knight has a release date! June 26 for Wii U, 3DS and PC! in NA, PAL release date TBA

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.

mabels big day posted:

There's a big Tomodachi banner on the Eshop saying it's going to be availible at midnight, so I'll be there too!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Tomodachi Midnight Krew anticipation station! Is there a thread for it?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Yup!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3640286

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

I threw away my Wii a couple of months ago because I never saw myself hooking it up again. Now I've been gifted a Wii U I wish I'd hung onto it for a while to transfer all of my stuff. If only Nintendo operated their various stores like any other console maker! Looking through my download purchase history on my Club Nintendo account is taunting me :(

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
You threw it away?

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Akuma posted:

I threw away my Wii a couple of months ago because I never saw myself hooking it up again. Now I've been gifted a Wii U I wish I'd hung onto it for a while to transfer all of my stuff. If only Nintendo operated their various stores like any other console maker! Looking through my download purchase history on my Club Nintendo account is taunting me :(

You mean like PS3 to PS4 and Xbox 360 to Xbox One? Oh wait neither of them allowed you to transfer any games forward. Maybe you shouldn't have thrown away your Wii and you wouldn't be having a problem.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

elf help book posted:

You threw it away?
Took it to the dump and gave it to the dudes who work there and decide what to do with old electronics. I was moving house and getting rid of a bunch of stuff, it wasn't worth the time or effort to try and sell it or anything. So I essentially threw it away, yeah!

katkillad2 posted:

You mean like PS3 to PS4 and Xbox 360 to Xbox One? Oh wait neither of them allowed you to transfer any games forward. Maybe you shouldn't have thrown away your Wii and you wouldn't be having a problem.
Okay tough guy, it's more like if the Xbox One came out and had a thing you could press to enter Xbox 360 mode but there was no way to re-download old things you'd purchased, even though there's a very real record of it that you could see on an Xbox website.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
So you had a bunch of games you knew you'd never play again to the point of giving them to strangers and now you're sad you can't take it away from them digitally?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Akuma posted:

Took it to the dump and gave it to the dudes who work there and decide what to do with old electronics. I was moving house and getting rid of a bunch of stuff, it wasn't worth the time or effort to try and sell it or anything. So I essentially threw it away, yeah!
Okay tough guy, it's more like if the Xbox One came out and had a thing you could press to enter Xbox 360 mode but there was no way to re-download old things you'd purchased, even though there's a very real record of it that you could see on an Xbox website.

Dude, Nintendo totally lets you redownload past purchases. Your own fault for throwing away the console you could do that to.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
Dude probably shouldn't have thrown his Wii away, but please don't try and pretend that Nintendo's store and purchasing system is anything other than archaic garbage.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

DarkHamsterlord posted:

Dude probably shouldn't have thrown his Wii away, but please don't try and pretend that Nintendo's store and purchasing system is anything other than archaic garbage.

Only allowing redownloads to either the same console or one that the licenses have been transferred to isn't "archaic garbage". Yeah, Nintendo should implement a way to recover licenses from a discarded/broken console at some point, but please don't try and pretend that Nintendo's store and purchasing system is the worst thing of all time ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

jivjov posted:

Only allowing redownloads to either the same console or one that the licenses have been transferred to isn't "archaic garbage". Yeah, Nintendo should implement a way to recover licenses from a discarded/broken console at some point, but please don't try and pretend that Nintendo's store and purchasing system is the worst thing of all time ever.

Probably the worst online store system ever, yeah.

edit: I mean, it would be one thing if you could say "Yeah, the Wii's online was pretty poorly conceived. Oh well." But most of the issues with the Wii Shop are still present in the Wii U and 3DS eShops, 8 years after the Wii Shop launched and was already pretty poo poo compared to the competition!