Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Pogo (June 6, 1956)

Out Our Way (January 28-29, 1925)

No Droodle today, sorry. Sometimes these things are the victim of Google scanning 4 pages of a 30 page newspaper and calling it a day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Oh yes, the poor, plucky engineering majors! :jerkbag:

Get hosed, you unfunny, talentless hack.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

It's a crime that Dance Dance Industrial Revolution isn't a real game :(

This song would be in it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWTFG3J1CP8

Borden
Jul 23, 2008

Midnight Moth posted:

Slylock Fox

Sacrificial ritual of octopus to the rain gods?

It's totally a reference to Johnny Castaway!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0StB96_-7c&feature=youtu.be&t=51s

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

You'll pay for this, Shady Shrew!

If by some chance Morrie's last cartoon is Nipper selling Ralph a glass of piss, I feel that'd be okay. :unsmith:

fake e: Seriously are these re-runs? He died in late-January, is his backlog just that big?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

LtStorm posted:

If by some chance Morrie's last cartoon is Nipper selling Ralph a glass of piss, I feel that'd be okay. :unsmith:

fake e: Seriously are these re-runs? He died in late-January, is his backlog just that big?
I remember hearing he had something crazy like nine months of strips lined up.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Yep, it's time for the Annie case to begin.

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

Ol' Windbag McEldowney is writing from experience again.

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

You'll pay for this, Shady Shrew!

Aardmania posted:

Judge Parker

Wait. Okay, so I tuned out for a while on Judge Parker and came back in media res when that one woman went all Princess Mononoke on that guy and hostages were taken. I made a joke about this whole thing being about blood diamonds, but is it actually? Is it seriously about who has rights to some blood diamonds?

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Probably Magic, thanks so much for posting Scary Gary for me. :)

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004
Since when does the Hound of the Baskervilles talk? And why would anyone care, when the original was an ordinary dog coated in glow-in-the-dark paint? A new hound wouldn't be any more threatening than the first.

Geech

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

When did Geech first start? The art has a real 70s feel to me.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Drimble Wedge posted:

Probably Magic, thanks so much for posting Scary Gary for me. :)

No problem!

Now all I have to do is figure out something to pair up with Cow and Boy....

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Aardmania posted:

9 Chickweed Lane

Why you shouldn't expose a gaping head wound to water.

Two weeks later...

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

don Jaime posted:

Since when does the Hound of the Baskervilles talk? And why would anyone care, when the original was an ordinary dog coated in glow-in-the-dark paint? A new hound wouldn't be any more threatening than the first.

Ever since Mr. Toad owned the Nautilus and took Stuart Little to NIMH to face the pig from Animal Farm.

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

LtStorm posted:

Wait. Okay, so I tuned out for a while on Judge Parker and came back in media res when that one woman went all Princess Mononoke on that guy and hostages were taken. I made a joke about this whole thing being about blood diamonds, but is it actually? Is it seriously about who has rights to some blood diamonds?
...wait. poo poo. I think I lost track, too.

I know that Abbott (the Hunter S. Thompson-looking motherfucker) cheated the two arms dealer brothers out of a lot of money back when he was some kind of skeevy operator doing dirty work for the government, and apparently got one of their wives thrown in a Mexican prison? And that he just gave that pile of diamonds to his daughter as a wedding present, before this whole hostage-taking thing started. So yeah, it probably IS all about the diamonds.

Whether they're actually blood diamonds, I don't know. Probably they are, but I don't think anyone has explicitly said so, beyond the usual "hey, don't get caught going through customs with these." But in Judge Parker, I figure that's just something smug rich people learn in grade school when they first start getting massive amounts of unearned riches, whether those riches come from horrifying war-ravaged countries or not.

Trilobite fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Jun 5, 2014

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mary Worth

We know.

Rex Morgan MD

Kelly's really pushing her luck with this "slowly walk by so you can eavesdrop" stuff.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

don Jaime posted:

When you're a rabbit, a rat, and a fox, even an ordinary dog is pretty frightening. Look at how big that thing is compared to them.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Emmy Lou

Heathcliff

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Pickles

Classic Prince Valiant

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Aardmania posted:

Dick Tracy

Yep, it's time for the Annie case to begin.

I hope so. They've been teasing it long enough.

GorfZaplen posted:

Mandrake the Magician

How can you possibly shoot four people with only two guns? Checkmate, Algie!

Barney Google and Snuffy Smith

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Retail

Literally four days straight of standing around and exposition. Also no surprise that Cooper is a chickenshit coward that has to call the cops to deal with his arch-nemesis. :lol:

This is what Norman Feuti actually looks like if anyone was wondering.

Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

It's 2014. Put that poo poo on YouTube. And where's Karl?

Mmmm.... You could totally grafitti all over Bleeker or dress him up in a nice frilly costume.

Dustin

That expression in panel 4 is honestly way too good for this strip.

My deepest condolences.

On the Fastrack

Why does a data security mega-corporation have their top IT guy manually inspecting attachments?

Oh misery of miseries. No one invited you.

Safe Havens

Did I mention mermaids live hundreds of years?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Lothar rapeface avatar anyone?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

GorfZaplen posted:

Mandrake the Magician

They're too sexy for their shirts.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Aardmania posted:

9 Chickweed Lane

It'd actually be kind of amazing if 9CL got stuck in this loop of following the adventures of Headwound Harry and his German lover as they hosed their way across the Rhineland. How many months has this been going on now?

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Prince Valiant is going inside a volcano. Inside a volcano! How did I never read this strip when I was younger!?

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (March 17, 1927)

Peanuts (June 8, 1967)

Funky SUCKITUPGEEKbean

Popeye

Rip Haywire

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Drimble Wedge posted:

When did Geech first start? The art has a real 70s feel to me.

Wikipedia says 1982, which is weird because I could swear I was reading that in the paper when in was in my early HS years which would've been late 70s. I graduated HS in '81. Yeah, I'm :corsair: so sue me. :v:

Jane's World

Fleur de sel is my absolute favorite sodium source.

Non Sequitur

Based on images I'm seeing on Google, I'm not sure that caricature is quite right, Wiley. I did look up Ben, and he's had quite a career and life, apparently. I sure don't remember anything about him. I had no idea he was in The Big Lebowski.

Christ Marie, Heavenly Nostrils is late again.

Kliban's Cats

:3:

9 Chickweed Lane 6/5/2003

Yep. As usual, your grasp of "the way cats work" is pretty much spot on, Brooke.

E: poo poo, tables, forgot the "h".

Zits

God, what a hippie. I'll bet she wears patchouli too. :v:

Kevin & Kell

:barf:

I like that saying.

BlankIsBeautiful fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Jun 5, 2014

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Cul-de-sac Alice is a trial edition:

The Creeps is like a twisted pinky and the brain.

Broom Hilda

That's what you get for flying rear end first, ya dumbfuck.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Cow and Bpy

Remember When Get Fuzzy Was Actually Funny?

Still trying to brainstorm a second strip. This is not it.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set

I...ju...wha?

Level 1 Thief
Dec 17, 2007

I'm busy, and I'm having fun.

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Zits

God, what a hippie. I'll bet she wears patchouli too. :v:

I work at a pizza chain and I don't have the slightest clue what I'd do if someone asked me any of this. It's hard enough to not sound condescending when they ask what the difference is between a medium and large if they're both 8 slices.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

flamedrake posted:

I work at a pizza chain and I don't have the slightest clue what I'd do if someone asked me any of this. It's hard enough to not sound condescending when they ask what the difference is between a medium and large if they're both 8 slices.

Don't feel bad it is mostly made up crap as you can't have grass fed chickens, free range yes, but not grass fed as chickens eat grains and insects not grass.

But I will say the eat local movement, while noble, does make eating with some people insufferable.

DantePhoenix
Feb 28, 2007

I think they teach valuable life lessons and stuff.

Well that was unexpected...

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

It's entirely made up. You can't sprout bacon, mushrooms aren't caged, and even vegans admit that there is no such thing as dairy-free cheese.

Probably because they knew that if they made fun of any real foods they'd get torn apart by viscous Less than Dog Comix.

Pooch Café

Sometimes the only thing separating the acts of a true friend from those of a mortal enemy is context and that is beautiful.

Ballard Street

I don't blame her in the slightest. Everybody knows the dog strips are the best ones.

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord

Midnight Moth posted:

Safe Havens

Did I mention mermaids live hundreds of years?

Teacher's also don't approve of stray apostrophes. :eng101:

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

Ema Nymton posted:

Teacher's also don't approve of stray apostrophes. :eng101:
It's not an apostrophe, it's a comma.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Fingerpori

- I think that gentleman is eyeing you up

Literally the phrase is "looking at you with 'that eye'". The rear end in a top hat is sometimes called the rear end eye in Finnish.

Now that I think about it, that's pretty terrifying

Fok_It is still prudent about the summer

"Tension diarrhea" translated overly literally because I couldn't come up with anything better. Just think of it as diarrhea-like tension.

tiistai fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Jun 5, 2014

The Sezza
Feb 18, 2007
Behold. The lowest of low hanging fruit.

tiistai posted:

Fingerpori

- I think that gentleman is eyeing you up

Literally the phrase is "looking at you with 'that eye'". The rear end in a top hat is sometimes called the rear end eye in Finnish.

Now that I think about it, that's pretty terrifying
Clearly he's giving her the stink-eye. :haw:

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

There's a similar idiom in English, but it's be hard to work 'browneye' into a sentence with enough ambiguity to work as a joke.

I went back into the archives to get more material for Everybody is an rear end in a top hat to Winnie the Pooh, but instead I hit three in a row where Piglet is dissing him pretty bad already.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Bloom County

Madonna would allegedly cry because of the harsh responses of critics to her attempts at acting.

There it is.

Calvin And Hobbes

DOGG

Ripley's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Super Frog is getting to be a sarcastic jerk.

• Locked thread