Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

teagone posted:

Why can't people just accept that the Clegane's probably have giants blood in them? Possibly like Hodor. Hodor made Locke's neck explode, remember?

Yup, and Hodor, like Clegane, also took a spear to the gut and didn't die immediately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

CapnAndy posted:

Nobody told her on-screen, but... Littlefinger pulled a knife on Ned in the throne room, was rewarded for his loyal service to House Lannister against the traitorous Starks, and hung out for another two seasons, all while Sansa was also there. How could she not know?

She's Sansa.

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.

CapnAndy posted:

Nobody told her on-screen, but... Littlefinger pulled a knife on Ned in the throne room, was rewarded for his loyal service to House Lannister against the traitorous Starks, and hung out for another two seasons, all while Sansa was also there. How could she not know?

I don't really know how it'd come up in the first place. Ned was the traitor, no matter who pulled him up on it. If she does know it was Littlefinger who held the knife to her father's throat, I guess she'd just assume he was playing the Lannisters, too. I mean, she DOES know that he pretty much killed Joffrey, so it would make sense.

Kasonic
Mar 6, 2007

Tenth Street Reds, representing
I imagine the official story provided to everyone who wasn't in the room at the time didn't mention the Master of Coin and City Watch bravely betraying a crippled man.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Yeah, but at no point in the next two years did anybody who was there feel like needling the traitor's daughter about how her dad went down?

Like, say, a sociopathic little shithead who lived to torment her?

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.

CapnAndy posted:

Yeah, but at no point in the next two years did anybody who was there feel like needling the traitor's daughter about how her dad went down?

I'm sure Joffrey had other villainous business to attend to, like drowning puppies and taking candy from babies.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

CapnAndy posted:

1. Why would that detail torture her? It's not like Joffrey knows that it's Littlefinger who arranged it or that Littlefinger was professing to be super loyal to Ned.
2. He's Joffrey. Knowing him he'd pretend he organized the whole brilliant trap and personally held Ned at swordpoint
3. Littlefinger led to Ned being imprisoned, but Joffrey's the one who gave the order he be beheaded. Unless Littlefinger is proved to somehow be behind that order, why would Sansa hate him for Ned's death?

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

whowhatwhere posted:

1. Why would that detail torture her? It's not like Joffrey knows that it's Littlefinger who arranged it or that Littlefinger was professing to be super loyal to Ned.
2. He's Joffrey. Knowing him he'd pretend he organized the whole brilliant trap and personally held Ned at swordpoint
3. Littlefinger led to Ned being imprisoned, but Joffrey's the one who gave the order he be beheaded. Unless Littlefinger is proved to somehow be behind that order, why would Sansa hate him for Ned's death?

Yeah, it seemed to be the "plan" among everyone involved that Ned would just get sent to the Wall. Since people there aren't married, I assume that Cat would have been considered single and Littlefinger would have gotten his little fingers on her that way (or so he hoped.)

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Here's a version that's easier to follow

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

CapnAndy posted:

Love the new avatar, by the way. Poor Matthos. At least he got a death by fire, the best kind of death.

Jedimastafez
Jun 5, 2005

The Stanley Cup has been kidnapped by Gary Bettman! Are you a bad enough dude to rescue it?

MeccaPrime posted:

Brienne of Tarth confirmed for the next Star Wars movie

Aannnd she is doing the last Hunger Games film too. Girl is getting paid. Makes me slightly suspicious about how long she has left in GOT if she is taking on all these other projects though...

BubbleGoose posted:

Brienne should take them to wherever the hell Rickon is. Kid seems pretty alright there.

I just remembered that today

"Hey... what the gently caress ... we havent seen Rickon and Osha this season at all"

I get that Rickon is too young to be important right now but even a small snippet to show they holed up in some safe-from-wildlings town in the North but not bad-Bolton North or something.

BubbleGoose posted:

What do folks see in Stannis? He's the most humorless, uncharismatic, dour individual, not mention his running mate is a pyrophilic, religious fanatic. I anticipate the day when Melissandre finally turns on him.

Seems to be the only alive-Dad that legit cares about his kid

Jedimastafez fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Jun 5, 2014

MeccaPrime
May 11, 2010

Jedimastafez posted:

Seems to be the only alive-Dad that legit cares about his kid

(Not a filthy book-reader here so this is just innocent speculation)

I have a bad feeling that Mel is going to want to sacrifice the daughter at some point and this should cause Stannis to finally decide between Mel and Davos.

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky

MeccaPrime posted:

I have a bad feeling that Mel is going to want to sacrifice the daughter at some point and this should cause Stannis to finally decide between Mel and Davos.

Well in the last episode she did hint at this by saying to her mother (forgot her name... Shetannis) that "she must come with us, the lord needs her" while looking ominously into the fire.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Blazing Ownager posted:

Fun trivia about that scene: It was shot in such a way with the hand shake that no matter where you move, the gun is always pointed at you when viewing it.

Sorry to derail but what the gently caress do you even mean by that?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Jedimastafez posted:

I just remembered that today

"Hey... what the gently caress ... we havent seen Rickon and Osha this season at all"

I get that Rickon is too young to be important right now but even a small snippet to show they holed up in some safe-from-wildlings town in the North but not bad-Bolton North or something.

Wherever he is, send Bran there too. His story is so boring.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Hmmm yes, let's turn game of thrones into the exact same poo poo that Hollywood squats out with monotonous regularity, maybe we could get Micheal Bay to direct.

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

He also cooks the food of his people

Breetai posted:

Hmmm yes, let's turn game of thrones into the exact same poo poo that Hollywood squats out with monotonous regularity, maybe we could get Micheal Bay to direct.

You really are a humorless fucktard.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Breetai posted:

THAT'S THE JOKE.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Hedrigall posted:

Sorry to derail but what the gently caress do you even mean by that?

It's the "eyes follow you around the room" effect. But with the barrel of a gun. It's not particularly impressive; anything pointing directly at the camera will seem to be pointed at you from whatever angle you view it.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Tenebrais posted:

It's the "eyes follow you around the room" effect. But with the barrel of a gun. It's not particularly impressive; anything pointing directly at the camera will seem to be pointed at you from whatever angle you view it.

That is how images on 2D surfaces work. And now a goon is amazed by this simple fact and is gushing praise about "the way it was shot! Aren't they super clever guys!!!"

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Hedrigall posted:

That is how images on 2D surfaces work. And now a goon is amazed by this simple fact and is gushing praise about "the way it was shot! Aren't they super clever guys!!!"

Who gives a poo poo? You seem really mad about nothing.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Steve Yun posted:

Here's a version that's easier to follow

o ok

MeccaPrime posted:

idk I feel like if Shireen had the kind of blood that the Lord of Light wanted, she'd have suggested it a long time ago to Stannis instead of hunt down Gendry. (Maybe she did, but, it wasn't on screen, so it probably didn't happen.)

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky

MeccaPrime posted:

EccoRaven posted:

idk I feel like if Shireen had the kind of blood that the Lord of Light wanted, she'd have suggested it a long time ago to Stannis instead of hunt down Gendry. (Maybe she did, but, it wasn't on screen, so it probably didn't happen.)

I don't read the books either but do you guys seriously not remember this scene?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_Fy4cgEfB4

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

SBJ posted:

I don't read the books either but do you guys seriously not remember this scene?

"Your daughter is coming with us, because I need to sacrifice her to make the Lord of Light happy" - things Melisandre definitely totally said in that scene, nothing is ambiguous at all, there.

Which is my point; if Shireen is just going to be sacrificed, why wasn't she suggested on-screen sooner? She's right there. Why go through all the effort hunting Gendry? Sure, Stannis would forbid it, but we haven't seen that, and in general if we haven't seen a scene, and if it hasn't been implied through dialogue, then it'd generally be weird to assume it happened.

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Jun 5, 2014

Max
Nov 30, 2002

EccoRaven posted:

"Your daughter is coming with us, because I need to sacrifice her to make the Lord of Light happy" - things Melisandre definitely totally said in that scene, nothing is ambiguous at all, there.

Which is my point; if Shireen is just going to be sacrificed, why wasn't she suggested on-screen sooner? She's right there. Why go through all the effort hunting Gendry? Sure, Stannis would forbid it, but we haven't seen that, and in general if we haven't seen a scene, and if it hasn't been implied through dialogue, then it'd generally be weird to assume it happened.

He has historically had a soft spot for her, and Mel is very likely aware of that. Making that suggestion casually when there are other good candidates to sacrifice that he doesn't really care about would not be a good idea. Also, if you want to set up Stannis as the next King of Westeros, you don't want to suggest he sacrifice his only heir to the throne unless absolutely necessary.

Someone mentioned that pushing for her sacrifice would draw a line in the sand, and I think that's very true. I don't think you get to make that suggestion and then keep on keeping on if he says no.

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky

EccoRaven posted:

I honestly don't know how much clearer it can be. I'm also not sure why it wasn't mentioned earlier, but everyone that Mel claimed that "the lord has needed" has been burned to a crisp.

But I agree with the other poster, I think it's leading up to that choice for Stannis in which he either goes with Mel or his daughter. I suspect that even if the lord doesn't need her blood, this might be a way to make sure that Stannis is completely committed to Mel and her cause in a way that nothing, not even his own daughters well-being will get in his/her way. Shireen is the last thing in Stannis' life that isn't involved in his quest for power.

MeccaPrime
May 11, 2010

Yeah, that "line in the sand" was more the point of my comment. It's been pretty implied that Mel wants to do something with Shireen, but she hasn't been explicit about it with Stannis because it would obviously set him off too early. She would most likely wait until a time where he is without options before making it clear directly to him. At that point he will have to finally make a choice rather that walking on the fence like he's been doing.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I wonder if Shireen is aware that she briefly had a vagina demon as a half brother/sister/demon.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

PantsBandit posted:

I wonder if Shireen is aware that she briefly had a vagina demon as a half brother/sister/demon.

So was Cercei if you believe Oberyn.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blazing Ownager posted:

I am curious if the original mailed-fist-punch would be able to smash someone's head like in the comic/book version of the events that's been going around the thread?

Adding in plate steel and punch momentum might work out differently.
I doubt it, otherwise Mike Tyson would have smashed a lot of heads. No one punches harder than that.

But it's a fantasy series, so who gives a gently caress.

Kempo
Oct 8, 2006

Two things I have learnt today:

1. People actually like Jorah, the character that gets the biggest groan from me when he comes on screen. All he does is stand around in his stupid shirt telling Daenerys not to do anything and waffles on in an annoying disjointed manner. I want to Mountain his face everytime he says "khalisee".

2. Some spoilers because I clicked the wrong loving thread.

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
yeah if it's a heavy metal glove that could be the equivalent of picking up a rock and smashing someone with it.

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

Kempo posted:

1. People actually like Jorah, the character that gets the biggest groan from me when he comes on screen. All he does is stand around in his stupid shirt telling Daenerys not to do anything and waffles on in an annoying disjointed manner. I want to Mountain his face everytime he says "khalisee".

Because he is soooo dreamy. :shlick:

Kempo
Oct 8, 2006

Honore_De_Balzac posted:

Because he is soooo dreamy. :shlick:

Oh right! Can't say I considered that.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Kempo posted:

Impossible, the only thing we discuss in the spoiler thread is whatever happened to S2 Mountain and why Cersei's rape wasn't as bad as people getting skinned alive.

Bobo the Red
Aug 14, 2004
Lay off the marmot

Kempo posted:

Jorah gets credit for being the only character willing to tell Dany she's being a loving psycho. Plus, likable characters are few and far between in the desert, so we take what we can get.

EccoRaven posted:

Yeah, it's really hard to imagine why someone who is manipulating a guy into doing a bunch of evil poo poo he doesn't really wanna do wouldn't immediately tell him how juicy and flammable his daughter is.

Bobo the Red fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Jun 5, 2014

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Doltos posted:

Impossible, the only thing we discuss in the spoiler thread is whatever happened to S2 Mountain and why Cersei's rape wasn't as bad as people getting skinned alive.

Have some understanding, dude was spoiled on the existence of House Beesbury. May as well just quit the series now, it's all ruined.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Bobo the Red posted:

Jorah gets credit for being the only character willing to tell Dany she's being a loving psycho. Plus, likable characters are few and far between in the desert, so we take what we can get.

That's not totally true. Barristan also tried to tell her that crucifying all the masters was a bad idea. She didn't listen of course

Bobo the Red
Aug 14, 2004
Lay off the marmot

Macaluso posted:

That's not totally true. Barristan also tried to tell her that crucifying all the masters was a bad idea. She didn't listen of course

gently caress Barristan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Macaluso posted:

She doesn't listen to Barristan because he hasn't killed anyone. Best swordsman my rear end.

• Locked thread