Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
Was Marcel the strange dancer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

vainman posted:

Was Marcel the strange dancer?

Yes I think so

Also

Fight 3: A black guy named Elvis Moyo is fighting a white guy named Brenden Grenowold

Elvis Moyo is built like Cormier but fatter and has a boxing background. He is coming out to some very motivational Disney type music

Ooh, they're heavyweights!

Round 1: I'm glad awful HW grappling between two sweaty hogs is universal no matter whether you're a dumb hick from America or a dumb hick from South Africa

Elvis has been mounted and being punched for like 3 minutes now and the ref finally decided to stop it.

Fight 4 : Irshaad Sayed vs Charlie Weyer

Sayed outgrappled the living gently caress out of this Charlie guy, he tapped once but the ref didn't see it and the fight continued till he was choked out again about a minute and a half later. 2 finishes for one fight, not shabby.

Can't really blame the referee too much because he was on the other side and was tapping from the bottom in a weird place.

Fight 5: Don Madge v Boyd Allen

Apparently this is their #1 LW contender Don Madge versus their #1 FW contender Boyd Allen

This doesn't really make sense but hey whatever

Gonna be contested at 150 lbs

This has been a great fight, both guys are around the same size and they're just going at it. Have been some great superman punches.

Hahahahah split draw lolllll

Yuriy fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Jun 6, 2014

Chrom1um
Dec 31, 2005
Come and join my doomsday cult!
So, details are emerging on Invicta FC on FightPass. The first event will be headlined by Cyborg vs. Edianne Gomes as expected, and will be "in late-summer" probably still in Kansas City. Invicta 9 is expected to take place just a month later with Michelle Waterson fighting, and the rumored opponent is Seo Hee Ham. Seo Hee Ham is the Jewels Atomweight Champion, but in her last show for them she oddly fought in a kickboxing match (which she won) instead of doing a title defense, even though it was the promotion's first iPPV. If she's jumping ship, that would explain things.

Anyway one huge problem with Invicta has been that they were unable to book all their talent often enough on their own shows to maintain 5 divisions. With the FightPass deal I hope this is no longer the case. When Shannon Knapp was talking about a deal at the beginning of the year, she actually speculated about doing 8-10 shows a year, which would be ideal.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
EFC Africa really owned when I could watch it on youtube but I'm not going to pay $25 for it.

individual865
Mar 26, 2007

Life on the outside ain't what it used to be.

Fat Twitter Man posted:

EFC Africa really owned when I could watch it on youtube but I'm not going to pay $25 for it.

It's out there for free if you look in the right places.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

individual865 posted:

It's out there for free if you look in the right places.

I'm not the kind of scrub who pirates PPVs, dude

individual865
Mar 26, 2007

Life on the outside ain't what it used to be.

Fat Twitter Man posted:

I'm not the kind of scrub who pirates PPVs, dude

Well in that case, pay the $14 (not $25). Otherwise, what's the point of your post?

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.
thanks for the play-by-play but I'm kind of weirded out by your racial descriptors

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

attackmole posted:

I doubt it'll be televised unless they do a prelim stream, but my old kickboxing coach Hakeem Dawodu is having his 2nd MMA fight on the undercard against some 10-9 journeyman.

Pros: Hits hard as gently caress for a featherweight. Good head movement. Crisp striking. Likes body hooks. Quick as gently caress. EXPLOSIVE (black).

Cons: Ground game = ???. When I knew him he was coaching at a pure kickboxing gym so I don't know poo poo about his ground game. He's cross training at one of the MMA gyms now in town but I'll be scared about his ground game until I see it in a fight. I heard that he used to wrestle, but it's Canadian wrestling so it doesn't really count. May only be getting into MMA because he was fed up with the difficulties of getting pro kickboxing fights in Canada.

"Tense moments after the fight as Macdonald stays down for several minutes after the knockout but eventually emerges and walks out of the cage under his own power.
Hakeem Dawodu defeats Jake Macdonald by KO (Punches) in Round 2, 0:18"

Congratulations to my ex-coach for almost killing a man.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Opal posted:

thanks for the play-by-play but I'm kind of weirded out by your racial descriptors

ah yes because "black guy" is a deeply problematic description, my bust yo

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Yuriy posted:

I thought all african dudes looked like Elvis? what the hell Yuriy.

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.

Yuriy posted:

i'm just confused why it's important to note that a guy is black or white, maybe you could address that instead of getting snippy and defensive

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Opal posted:

i'm just confused why it's important to note that a guy is black or white, maybe you could address that instead of getting snippy and defensive

You're the reason that when a black guy and an Asian guy fight they still have to call it by glove or short color instead of using the obvious difference

Opal
May 10, 2005

right

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Would you have the same problem if he pointed out their hair colour?

Opal
May 10, 2005

this is in relation to words on the internet describing a fight no one else is seeing - it doesn't matter what colour hair, shorts or gloves they wear, let alone whether they are a Black Guy or a White Guy which is my point, it's a completely meaningless descriptor and i'm confused why you'd insist on it, or defend it, especially while at the same time giving a much better descriptor: a name!

it's honestly not s super controversial question to ask

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
No one else is seeing them at the time, but the highlights of which may end up on YouTube and quick descriptions tend to help identify who is who in a fight, especially if there's very little separating the two and no info graphic

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

here, Opal, go cry about this. http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/6/1...-white-mma-news

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Holy Moly Dr. De Mars rules.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
also i don't read yuriy's posts but when doing written play by play "the black guy" is stupid unless you've already identified which guy is black. and willie: describing someone as like the "fiery redhead" or the "shiny baldman" or whatever is also stupid. its not prose, its play by play.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
joe smith vs chad walters, professor rodnus' fight league 26: battle of the battlers

the salt & pepper brit comes out swinging. he is promptly taken down by the black. the asian in the crowd looks bored. the tattooed behemoth from langley is really taking control of this fight. the action is incredible. finally, the referee steps in and stops the fight after a flurry catches the guy with the tattoo of a weird bug on his calf with his hands down.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
like if someone referred to saul alvarez as "the mexican" no one who didn't already know who he was would have any clue what the gently caress you are talking about. corner/colour is much more obvious and clear for so many reasons.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

"The black guy..."

"Huuuurrr!" *Is a white goon, feigns fake race outrage, probably has thoughts about racism against Brazilians.*

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Captain Log posted:

"The black guy..."

"Huuuurrr!" *Is a white goon, feigns fake race outrage, probably has thoughts about racism against Brazilians.*

great stuff.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

It was still better than your 3 consecutive posts.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Seltzer posted:

four consecutive posts.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
which brings me back to my point: be clear in your communication.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

david carmichael posted:

four consecutive posts.

Three of them were about one topic, one wasn't. Treating threads like a chat is really stupid and annoying by the way.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
like i don't know if you've read summaries of action in other sports before, but what they do is: they describe the action by clearly identifying the people involved and clearly describing the action. yuriy clearly likes his terrible mma but his posts are bad because they don't convey any information to anyone who isn't watching Zutroy's Combat Silo with him.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Seltzer posted:

Actually he's right and you're an idiot

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Seltzer posted:

Three of them were about one topic, one wasn't. Treating threads like a chat is really stupid and annoying by the way.

nothing can be more illegal than posting messages on a message board.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

This is all why if I'm pointing someone out of a group of people to a friend I'm sure to say, 'The person who just leaned slightly to the left with a wistful gaze" rather than, "The black/bald/old/bearded/one-eyed guy."

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Better to carefully consider every word and make sure a lot of effort goes into being wrong

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Captain Log posted:

This is all why if I'm pointing someone out of a group of people to a friend I'm sure to say, 'The person who just leaned slightly to the left with a wistful gaze" rather than, "The black/bald/old/bearded/one-eyed guy."

Those people can see the guys. People reading posts cannot. They have no visual reference. That's why it is not useful written play-by-play or summaries. You should re-read the posts I made perhaps more carefully.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
I want my incorrect opinions worded like an essay and condensed into one post

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Other threads and forums here don't allow people to post this way, and look how readable and not annoying they are

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Bundt Cake posted:

I want my incorrect opinions worded like an essay and condensed into one post

yours quite often are.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
how do i embed superslam.swf? need it for a project

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

probate everyone in this thread. even me. gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
see what happens when you read Yuriy's posts?