Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mclast
Nov 12, 2008

catchphrase over

CelticPredator posted:

To be fair, I don't entirely disagree with him.

CP, I always notice your posts, and you put a huge amount of work into your posts on this site and your art is really effective. You're better off doing something than not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

CelticPredator posted:

They do not care. They're loving all the poo poo people are doing. Fan poo poo, shirt poo poo, poo poo poo poo. They're fine with it.

CelticPredator, this is a court order. It says you can't do shirt poo poo anymore.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

skaboomizzy posted:

CelticPredator, this is a court order. It says you can't do shirt poo poo anymore.

Not so fee fi fo fast!

This is fee fi fo fair use!

So he is free fi to fo print some shirt poo poo

Alan Smithee fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Jun 6, 2014

Dr. Witherbone
Nov 1, 2010

CHEESE LOOKS ON IN
DESPAIR BUT ALSO WITH
AN ERECTION

Alan Smithee posted:

:confused:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
We're giants, that's the thing we say

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

skaboomizzy posted:

:ohdear:

You'll never catch me. Fuckers!

mclast posted:

CP, I always notice your posts, and you put a huge amount of work into your posts on this site and your art is really effective. You're better off doing something than not.

Thanks! I really appreciate it! Last forum I was on sucked and I was a bad person there. It was nice to clear my head and do something that gave people some joy instead of calling them dumb when they didn't like a movie I liked.

Alan Smithee posted:

Not so fee fi fo fast!

This is fee fi fo fair use!

Perfect.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

johntfs posted:

Nah, best ending is "Rixty Minutes" with the photo-montage of the visit to Hamsters-in-Butts world.

How could anyone not think "Something Ricked" had the best ending?

Imasalmon posted:

Well, Rick was given a voucher for a free Morty, so they clearly have some way to cultivate them.

There are an infinite number of realities, there should be realities where there is a Morty, but Rick is either dead or not otherwise in need of his Morty.

VideoTapir fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Jun 6, 2014

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

VideoTapir posted:

There are an infinite number of realities, there should be realities where there is a Morty, but Rick is either dead or not otherwise in need of his Morty.

There's bound to be one where Morty is the brains of the outfit, and Rick is the incompetent idiot. Although considering this show, that might be TOO obvious.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

VideoTapir posted:

How could anyone not think "Something Ricked" had the best ending?

The most intense ending was "Rick Potion" (not the post-credits bit, but the ending of the show proper), but I cannot stop listening to that DMX song ever since "Something Ricked". (Last I checked n33dful.com was not registered to anyone, either...)

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

victorious posted:

There's bound to be one where Morty is the brains of the outfit, and Rick is the incompetent idiot. Although considering this show, that might be TOO obvious.

That's why I asked about close encounters. Eyepatch Morty seems pretty smart, if he created that rick he was with it almost made sense that doofus rick would be his grandpa.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Kingtheninja posted:

That's why I asked about close encounters. Eyepatch Morty seems pretty smart, if he created that rick he was with it almost made sense that doofus rick would be his grandpa.

poo poo-eating Rick specifically said he had no children.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

CelticPredator posted:

But I do get tired of "DR. WHO+PONY!" poo poo because none of those things are connected. DR. Who does not go well with everything. (or anything for that matter).

Hey gently caress you buddy, my Dr.Who/Yes minster cross over fan fiction is amazing. :colbert:

Edit: Jesus just checked. Apparently there is actually Dr who/yes (prime) minister cross over.
What the gently caress internet.

dr_rat fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Jun 6, 2014

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

In the Rick Dance song, what's the bleeped word in "**** slide around like on a Nordic Track"?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

dr_rat posted:

Hey gently caress you buddy, my Dr.Who/Yes minster cross over fan fiction is amazing. :colbert:

Edit: Jesus just checked. Apparently there is actually Dr who/yes (prime) minister cross over.
What the gently caress internet.

My favorite fan fiction is when Margaret Thatcher wrote herself into Yes, Minister and made the homosexual actors act it out with her over the radio before going back to proclaiming that all homosexuals should be put on boat and sunk somewhere to keep Britain safe from aids or whatever the gently caress.

But then I guess I never wondered what if time traveling aliens gave a poo poo about bureaucracy and battling the intransigence of the civil service so a Dr. Who crossover never occurred to me. Jesus.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Jonas Albrecht posted:

In the Rick Dance song, what's the bleeped word in "**** slide around like on a Nordic Track"?

I think it's ''and loving slide around like on a Nordic Track''.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

CoolCab posted:

That... would make more sense than any of the guesses I had.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

CoolCab posted:

Uh, excuse me, I'm pretty sure it's ''and glipglops slide around like on a Nordic Track''. :colbert:

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Like 90% of the internet T-shirt market is ripping off other peoples' IP.

The fact that it's more creative than "whoa what if Optimus Prime turned into Dr. Who's police box :awesome:" or "Get this, we draw The Dude but he has Tron colors :awesome:" puts it streets ahead of just about everybody else online.

...link?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I think it's done? Not sure what else I can do with it. But you guys helped me a poo poo ton, so I appreciate that.

shirt

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

CelticPredator posted:

I think it's done? Not sure what else I can do with it. But you guys helped me a poo poo ton, so I appreciate that.

shirt

Except that it isn't legally safe.

:thejoke:?

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
The gradient behind them really helps bring them out of the background, and the way you changed the flames frames them better. Well done.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

VideoTapir posted:

We had this discussion a page ago. But yeah, that's kind of the joke.

But I took out the "legally safe" thing to not make anyone angry. So it just says parody shirt. I'm done with it, gonna submit it now. Thanks guys!

CelticPredator fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Jun 9, 2014

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

VideoTapir posted:

Justin Roland seems like a dude who makes things to make things, he posts a lot about fan stuff, he seems to enjoy that more than dollars and doesn't mind it. Wub a lub dub!

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Yeah, he's not the one you've gotta worry about.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

VideoTapir posted:

Yeah, he's not the one you've gotta worry about.

this guy

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
That t-shirt has been bouncing around this thread forever, and only now people are getting all hissy and making GBS threads up the thread with shirtchat. He's a big boy, let him make the loving shirt if he wants to. I personally think it looks dumb, but then again I don't think a lot of the R&M character designs, which are generally crap to begin with, translate well outside of the show which is gorgeous in almost every other respect

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Like 90% of the internet T-shirt market is ripping off other peoples' IP.

The fact that it's more creative than "whoa what if Optimus Prime turned into Dr. Who's police box :awesome:" or "Get this, we draw The Dude but he has Tron colors :awesome:" puts it streets ahead of just about everybody else online.

also this, but I will argue that my shirt that's a TOS landing party except they're tyrannosauruses ("Star T-Rex") is the exemption to this rule

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Well, anyway. Here is something pretty awesome.

https://vine.co/v/MDbXXIDuE0r

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

CelticPredator posted:

Bitchin'

Typical
Mar 19, 2007

CelticPredator posted:

yeah that is an awesome prop. we were looking at that at work today.

Also Justin's assistant just sent out like 30 Cease and desist letters to people selling rick and morty merch. Your shirt was a cool project though, and i dont think any one will stop you from making one for yourself though.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Hmm. Well, I was going to give it to one of those shirt sites instead of selling it myself, that one place where that Back to the Future/Meeskees shirt came from.

But they might not even pick it, so who knows. But thanks for the compliment!

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Typical posted:

yeah that is an awesome prop. we were looking at that at work today.

Also Justin's assistant just sent out like 30 Cease and desist letters to people selling rick and morty merch. Your shirt was a cool project though, and i dont think any one will stop you from making one for yourself though.

Oh no, the machine got him! Art is dead!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Just sell it in China, call it Rock and Mardy

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Here, I solved the problem:

Front

Back

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Oh noooo

*jumps out of the window onto a speeding bullet train*

see you in shanghi bitches!

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
I was watching Rick Potion Number 9 on Bilibili.tv, a Chinese Nico Nico Douga knock-off. The comments after showing the news from China were precious. Something to the effect of (my Chinese sucks) "...is that what foreigners think China is like?" "Yeah, maybe 1000 years ago!"

http://www.bilibili.tv/video/av939220/

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

AxeManiac posted:

Here, I solved the problem:

Front

Back

I'd buy it.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
i just marathoned this show and it is incredible.

also, Scary Terry drives a car identical to mine

atomicthumbs fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Jul 10, 2014

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gn9Bfl042wA

This was posted in another thread, but I figured it was relevant. It's a pretty good interview of Nick Pizzolatto, with Dan Harmon as the interviewer. Nick talks about Rick and Morty a few times, comparing Rick to Rust Cohle from True Detective.

Sakarja
Oct 19, 2003

"Our masters have not heard the people's voice for generations and it is much, much louder than they care to remember."

Capitalism is the problem. Anarchism is the answer. Join an anarchist union today!
Here's another video from the same event. It's a presentation and Q&A with Dan Harmon about comedy and writing. Not so much about Rick and Morty, but still interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O319eFz87fQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Garfu posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gn9Bfl042wA

This was posted in another thread, but I figured it was relevant. It's a pretty good interview of Nick Pizzolatto, with Dan Harmon as the interviewer. Nick talks about Rick and Morty a few times, comparing Rick to Rust Cohle from True Detective.

TV will never be better than Rick and Morty coming on a day after True Detective. What a loving pairing.

• Locked thread