Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

The Joe Man posted:

I ran upstairs to the only chest in the mansion and it's still open from before (ie, unopenable to get a new item). Am I missing something?

It's in the basement. :ssh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Dirty Job posted:

Wow, is that really what the game looked like? I played the poo poo out of that game and I don't remember it looking so...shiny.

I went back to it recently after beating Dark Souls 2 a couple times and I never noticed that. :shrug: It's obviously a step down in visual quality but the aesthetic is still there and it holds up.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

Kaldaris posted:

It's in the basement. :ssh:

Empty chest down here too.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Perhaps the ring is cheesy. But when this boss will one-shot me with any attack that hits, I don't feel so bad about telling him to gently caress off with his huge fire breath AoE.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

You can destroy the instruction tablets in the tutorial.

Stranger Danger Ranger
Jul 21, 2007
There are lizards coming out of my tv.
Do weapon buff durations now scale off your elemental bonus or the damage on your catalyst?

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

The Joe Man posted:

Empty chest down here too.

Weird. I just went back and found 3 Petrified Somethings in it.
(Which immediately became 2 Titanite Slabs and a Channeler's Trident :wow:)

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Alabaster White posted:

Will the Soul Vessel appear in the Majula chest if you go offline, and then turn into Somethings when you go back online?

There's apparently an event going on with that particular chest.

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

• June 5, 2:00 pm: Petrified Something x3 (for Dyna & Tillo trading)
  • June 11, 2:00 pm: Twinkling Titanite x2 (for weapon upgrading)
  • June 18, 2:00 pm: Cracked Red Eye Orb x5 (for invading)
  • June 25, 2:00 pm: Bonfire Acsetic x4 (for increasing Bonfire level)
  • July 1, 2:00 pm: Poison Stone x1, Bleed Stone x1 (for weapon infusion)
  • July 8, 2:00 pm: Elizabeth Mushroom x3, Withered Dusk Herb x3 (for healing/spell cast replenishment)
  • July 15, 2:00 pm: Smooth and Silky Stone x5 (for Dyna & Tillo trading)
  • July 22, 2:00 pm: A Secret Item!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
So what are people saying about Crown of the Sunken King?

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Alan Smithee posted:

So what are people saying about Crown of the Sunken King?
it sunk

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Oh, you need clothes? Well, I guess this will do. I have three of them anyway. :v:

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

When the PC version launched, I noticed it had a bunch of item icons that were not in the console versions, most of them being magic. I figured it was just items cut from the final game, given that some icons match up with icons for magic that were in the Network Test last year.

However, with the announcement of the DLC, it's entirely possible these are DLC related:

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
So how are the mouse/keyboard controls for this? I remember hearing they were putting some extra effort into them.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

gibbed posted:

When the PC version launched, I noticed it had a bunch of item icons that were not in the console versions, most of them being magic. I figured it was just items cut from the final game, given that some icons match up with icons for magic that were in the Network Test last year.

However, with the announcement of the DLC, it's entirely possible these are DLC related:

alot of that is already in the game. the armour is llewyeln armour. the skirt trouser thing is new i think. all those rings are in the game currently too. some of the spells are but im not too sure on that.

Ice_Mallet
Feb 22, 2011

Bakanogami posted:

So how are the mouse/keyboard controls for this? I remember hearing they were putting some extra effort into them.

It's worse than DaS1, I'd say. You know how you could use the kick/jump attack in DaS1? Well you the mouse now has a delay so you have to have you attack button on the keyboard just to do those actions.

You're going to need to customize the controls yourself when you get the chance. Doing otherwise is not an option.

fuxxo
Feb 17, 2010

Fucking Pokemon, how do they Surf?

Deaderinred posted:

alot of that is already in the game. the armour is llewyeln armour. the skirt trouser thing is new i think. all those rings are in the game currently too. some of the spells are but im not too sure on that.

Actually the 3 Old Sun Ring recolours aren't in the game, along with the ring between the Stone and King Rings.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Deaderinred posted:

What's the ring between Stone and King?

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010
You know what'd be cool for a fist weapon catalyst?

Whatever you'd buff it with, that'd be the type of spell its R2 can cast. Crystal Magic Weapon would let you cast Sorceries with it, Sunlight Blade for Miracles, Flame Weapon for Pyromancies and Dark/Resonant Weapon for Hexes.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Manatee Cannon posted:

Oh, you need clothes? Well, I guess this will do. I have three of them anyway. :v:

I'm okay with a kingdom led by Rosabeth, though I doubt she'd be a queen as good as Gavlan would be a king.

EDIT: Actually, Gavlan can be queen too if that's how he wants to roll.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Bakanogami posted:

They're not completely broken like in DaS1, but they're still problematic.
A lot of people report that the mouse buttons have a delay. Pressing the keyboard attack keys has your character respond immediatly, while attacking via the mouse buttons has your character wait a fraction of a second before starting the attack animation.
Another problem is that in the controls you can assign actions to not only left and right click, but also to double-clicking, holding shift + clicking, etc. If you assign "nothing" to for example double-click, the game will literally interpret this as you wanting to do nothing when it registers a double-click. So if you mash the mouse button because you panic or just want to chain a lot of attacks, your character will just stand there.

A simple autohotkey script that binds the mouse buttons to the keyboard attack keys fixes both issues. With that the kbam controls are fine.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Deaderinred posted:

Those are the Chaos Leggings, they're in the game as well.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

If I have 50 Int, 40 Str, and 40 Dex, is it worth infusing the Drakekeeper Sword, or should I leave it as-is? This is for PvE.

I know "it's PvE, anything's viable," but seriously, is there a sizeable advantage of going with one over the other?

Positronic Spleen
May 5, 2010

Wooze posted:

• June 5, 2:00 pm: Petrified Something x3 (for Dyna & Tillo trading)
  • June 11, 2:00 pm: Twinkling Titanite x2 (for weapon upgrading)
  • June 18, 2:00 pm: Cracked Red Eye Orb x5 (for invading)
  • June 25, 2:00 pm: Bonfire Acsetic x4 (for increasing Bonfire level)
  • July 1, 2:00 pm: Poison Stone x1, Bleed Stone x1 (for weapon infusion)
  • July 8, 2:00 pm: Elizabeth Mushroom x3, Withered Dusk Herb x3 (for healing/spell cast replenishment)
  • July 15, 2:00 pm: Smooth and Silky Stone x5 (for Dyna & Tillo trading)
  • July 22, 2:00 pm: A Secret Item!
Those ascetics would make farming the Vanquisher's Ring in the early game so much easier. The rest is kind of forgettable. I'm not sure if the DLC key could end up there as the secret item, what would happen for those who had already opened it?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

The chest will supposedly reset with each new item. Nothing required for the DLC will be obtainable outside of the DLC.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
Checked on a character in NG+ who had opened the chest already as of the 2nd, it is still open.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Oh well, I was told otherwise but apparently that was wrong.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
Yeah, I mean... I could rush and clear NG+ to see if it's just one thing per cycle, or pop an ascetic and see if that resets this most unique of chests since I am swimming in the drat things.

Or it might have been a wacky networking thing and it might reset itself, who knows?

e: I have three other characters I will check on when I am able.

Sven
Oct 4, 2005
Just got summoned as a phantom into the old iron king. Guy just stood around the corner, watched as the buddy phantom got smashed, then watched me go solo with it hitting for 17 dmg with power stanced falchions, then did a fist pump when i messed up and got crushed.

Jolly co-op indeed.

Colapops
Nov 21, 2007

Time_pants posted:

If I have 50 Int, 40 Str, and 40 Dex, is it worth infusing the Drakekeeper Sword, or should I leave it as-is? This is for PvE.

I know "it's PvE, anything's viable," but seriously, is there a sizeable advantage of going with one over the other?

With 50 int? You are practically wasting stats with such a balance between INT/STR/DEX, and doubly so without an infusion. With your high INT you should use the magic enchant (faintstone, not magic stone for whatever reason) on something with low requirements like a rapier or shortsword and drop your STR/DEX for more vigor/endurance/vitality. Alternatively, drop your physical stats down to whatever is required for the weapon you want and then magic enchant it.

(this is under the hopefully correct assumption that with 50 INT you are heavily sorcery-focused)

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Sven posted:

Just got summoned as a phantom into the old iron king. Guy just stood around the corner, watched as the buddy phantom got smashed, then watched me go solo with it hitting for 17 dmg with power stanced falchions, then did a fist pump when i messed up and got crushed.

Jolly co-op indeed.

I'd sit back and laugh too if I summoned someone who can't even damage the boss for me.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

fuxxo posted:

Actually the 3 Old Sun Ring recolours aren't in the game, along with the ring between the Stone and King Rings.

Yeah i didnt notice it was the old sun ring at first, guess the colours are there for dark and lighting versions. Also figured the one before kings ring was the hawk ring but the i remembered that looked more like the leo ring.

Sven
Oct 4, 2005

Iretep posted:

I'd sit back and laugh too if I summoned someone who can't even damage the boss for me.

+9 falchions should do a tiny bit more than zero damage with the ocasionaly 17 popping up in the corner... this was premeditated murder.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Maybe that guy asceticd the Old Iron King to max and was summoning phantoms just to watch them die.

VVV There isn't one. Honor idiots will say 150 but there's absolutely nothing holding anyone to that. Just level as much as you can.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Jun 6, 2014

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Despite pvp being rulled over by SM, whats the soft cap on SL for pvp?

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

I'm confused when it comes to falchions. I have two at +9, and they're both raw because despite having 30+ str and 40 dex they still don't deal as much damage as raw falchions. Raw also increases the critical hit damage!

I need to get them to +10, but I'm also thinking of going dual sun swords, so I figure I'll save my titanite slabs for that.

Also I was very disappointed with the work I put in to get the first dragon ring. Is there any point to that particular item?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

You could go one Sun Sword and one Falchion for a curved sword + straight sword moveset, which will include a thrust attack. If you use the falchion in your left hand you can also parry with it while not power stancing. (I did this on my first character but am usually too coward to try parrying so I just fell back on my usual shield/bow crutches)

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Dirty Job posted:

I'm confused when it comes to falchions. I have two at +9, and they're both raw because despite having 30+ str and 40 dex they still don't deal as much damage as raw falchions. Raw also increases the critical hit damage!

I need to get them to +10, but I'm also thinking of going dual sun swords, so I figure I'll save my titanite slabs for that.

Also I was very disappointed with the work I put in to get the first dragon ring. Is there any point to that particular item?

Considering you can get the second easier? Not really.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
After getting distracted with dumb videos and Mario Kart, I finally got around to actually finishing the game.

Sitting on the throne in my underwear, as God intended. And a helmet. For safety.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
So do you need to ascetic the fire in Majula to claim these items?