Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
made of bees
May 21, 2013

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Front page of Imgur counts, right?

Title: "Fair is Fair"
Description: "As a black man, I do think this is bullshit. Be proud of yourself, cracka."

I was about to say using a picture of Timothy McVeigh kinda undermines the point, but now that I look at it it looks more like the white dude is some sort of digital composite image, while the rest are actual people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Read Snigfut
Feb 19, 2013

Mostly harmless.

made of bees posted:

I was about to say using a picture of Timothy McVeigh kinda undermines the point, but now that I look at it it looks more like the white dude is some sort of digital composite image, while the rest are actual people.

Indeed, it is, and it has a bit of an interesting story behind it.

karl fungus
May 6, 2011

Baeume sind auch Freunde
How is being gay or transgender a race?

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

karl fungus posted:

If you are gay/transgender faster than the other people, you win.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

Of all the D-Day photos to share today, she shares this one. The photo is right, nobody remembers D-Day. What with all the news reports and ceremonies involving major heads of state happening today.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

karl fungus posted:

I think it's just saying "why can everyone else be proud, but when it's my white turn to be proud, I'm called a racist?"

Also, was that really a black man who posted that? Whenever someone says, "As an X, I think..." I automatically tune out and assume it's someone trying to do a #NotAllXPeople

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

canyoneer posted:

Has anyone ever been actually called a "cracker" in the last 100 years outside of a joke or a STDH.txt story?

Some kid called me one in school in the 90's. He seemed to get really pissed off that I wasn't deeply hurt by it.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Postal Parcel posted:

I think it's just saying "why can everyone else be proud, but when it's my white turn to be proud, I'm called a racist?"

Also, was that really a black man who posted that? Whenever someone says, "As an X, I think..." I automatically tune out and assume it's someone trying to do a #NotAllXPeople

He must be black, 100% genuine - did you not notice how he called the other imgurite a "cracka"?

TravBot
Oct 10, 2004

If we can hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards Checkmate

Read Snigfut posted:

Indeed, it is, and it has a bit of an interesting story behind it.

So what you're saying is that the image should read "I'm 32 white men and proud"

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.

What does this even mean? :psyduck:

Everyone: :v: LOL, hey gaiz, my cat name is---
:fuckoff:

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Sir Snugly McMittens! Lol!

horsepeen
Sep 21, 2010

Christian Financial Adviser

Postal Parcel posted:

"Not all mutants are like that." - Charles Xavier

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

kinmik posted:

"Power in the Blood" is a hymnal.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
Have fun getting stalked by vampires for all eternity.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

kinmik posted:

It means they are loving insane.

Guilty Spork
Feb 26, 2011

Thunder rolled. It rolled a six.

Description: "As a black man, I do think this is bullshit. Be proud of yourself, cracka."
If you don't like "white pride" being considered a bad thing, maybe you should blame the white people who, you know, have utterly tainted it with abject bigotry. Also maybe try to find something about your identity to be proud about that isn't a label pretty much invented so that terrible people could draw a circle and say it was okay to enslave everyone outside that circle.

Aphtonites
Dec 25, 2012

Sure, Jailbot was broken, but
weren't we all at some point? :(
So, it started raining again in the UK.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
real talk though putting a mattress on your windshield is not a bad idea.

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

kinmik posted:

For real though Chancellor Bossy-Whiskers is awesome and I'm not ashamed to claim that one.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

kinmik posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3r5Q0zsO7IA

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Slim Killington posted:

For real though Chancellor Bossy-Whiskers is awesome and I'm not ashamed to claim that one.

Yeah it's a lot more amusing than the previous vampire and wolf poo poo.

GENERAL SASSY PANTS DEMANDS YOUR ATTENTION, MAGGOT

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
I got Moon Moon. :smith:

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

kinmik posted:

There's power in king's blood.

Bananaquiter
Aug 20, 2008

Ron's not here.

Does Irish pride count as white pride? Because the Irish will not poo poo the gently caress up about it (not actual people from Ireland, people born in America with like 1/4 ancestry). White pride is just regionalized.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Bananaquiter posted:

Does Irish pride count as white pride? Because the Irish will not poo poo the gently caress up about it (not actual people from Ireland, people born in America with like 1/4 ancestry). White pride is just regionalized.

I knew a super white bred middle class American guy who was like this, brought up his Irish heritage any chance he could, celebrated all the Irish holidays, and even changed his English name to the Irish equivalent (eg CAOIMHÍN for Kevin). That's stupid in and of itself, but the dumbest part was that this "Irish" part of him was from his mom, who was ADOPTED-not in Ireland; in America-by a family in which only the mom was Irish heritage but was born in America, and they had like third cousins or something that lived in Ireland.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 18:25 on Jun 6, 2014

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

haha someone posted saying "if you're a juggalo i don't respect you as much" and the comments are just nonstop arguments, apparently some juggalo started saying everyone was racist to discriminate against them.

then a bunch weed-philosophers showed up and now the comments make no sense at all.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Postal Parcel posted:

Haha, this actually owns

made of bees
May 21, 2013
'Irish pride' is kind of a weird middle ground because at least in America Irish people were once not considered white but now are. But yeah, it tends to be specific nationalities that were once discriminated against, like Irish and Italians. the only people who actively care about white pride (and to a lesser extent, poo poo like Anglo-Saxon pride) are racist assholes.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

i know we're all a bunch of goony-goon-goons-with-spoons around here but racism isn't real and here's wh

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

This person is a Guardian journalist and respected feminist speaker.

No, I'm being serious.

Kinda ironic, given that she was one of the people who was celebrating the people threatening Caroline Criado-Perez being jailed (which was a Good Thing, I should point out).

TinTower has a new favorite as of 18:52 on Jun 6, 2014

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

made of bees posted:

'Irish pride' is kind of a weird middle ground because at least in America Irish people were once not considered white but now are. But yeah, it tends to be specific nationalities that were once discriminated against, like Irish and Italians. the only people who actively care about white pride (and to a lesser extent, poo poo like Anglo-Saxon pride) are racist assholes.

That was before America too. The British were fans of slaughtering the Irish for hundreds of years before America was founded. I think there was a British saying along the lines of shooting an Irishman is no worse than shooting a dog.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

TinTower posted:

No, I'm being serious.

Kinda ironic, given that she was one of the people who was celebrating the people threatening Caroline Criado-Perez being jailed (which was a Good Thing, I should point out).

That's obviously a parody account of Julie Blindel. :colbert:

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Baron von Eevl posted:

That was before America too. The British were fans of slaughtering the Irish for hundreds of years before America was founded. I think there was a British saying along the lines of shooting an Irishman is no worse than shooting a dog.

Good poo poo.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

TinTower posted:

No, I'm being serious.

Implicitly threatening to beat/possibly kill lib dem voters is perhaps the least offensive opinion she's had about anything.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Puntification posted:

Implicitly threatening to beat/possibly kill lib dem voters is perhaps the least offensive opinion she's had about anything.

Given her massive hate for certain Lib Dems, it's probably more out of a hatred for them than the party.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

TinTower posted:

Given her massive hate for certain Lib Dems, it's probably more out of a hatred for them than the party.

Oh of course, yes well more fool me for not realising since it was her opinion it was actually something terrible.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Puntification posted:

Oh of course, yes well more fool me for not realising since it was her opinion it was actually something terrible.

There's a difference a goon in D&D saying "the Lib Dems will be first against the wall when the revolution comes, etc" and a millionaire columnist saying "give me a list of addresses of Lib Dems and I'll go beat them up".

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth
Found on the front page of imgur, with the caption "There is hope. They're starting to open their eyes."

:frogsiren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

trapped mouse posted:

Found on the front page of imgur, with the caption "There is hope. They're starting to open their eyes."

I saw that, it doesn't make sense. I had to go back to see if I'd missed the part in the story where anyone had actually lied about being raped. How can your response to someone getting violently taped be 'so many women lie to get men arrested'?

• Locked thread