Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
I'm disappointed Bryan caught on the fact people were just using the live shows to listen for free because I was looking forward to them finally breaking down, regarding TNA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
So do they just not do live shows anymore?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Fabio Chat~!

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I haven't gotten around to listening to the B&V yet, but poo poo, are they really boycotting Impact for a month? That's depressing. I enjoy those shows so much.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

CVagts posted:

I haven't gotten around to listening to the B&V yet, but poo poo, are they really boycotting Impact for a month? That's depressing. I enjoy those shows so much.

They will be watching something on the network in its place, but yes they are boycotting it, they were that loving angry.

EDIT: They were so loving angry they said they would prefer to watch 4 Thunders rather than the next 4 Impacts

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
You all know what to do, in a day or two start tweeting at Bryan that he is a big baby and they need to review Impact.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

You all know what to do, in a day or two start tweeting at Bryan that he is a big baby and they need to review Thunder or the Weekly TNA PPVs.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I watched Impact last night and nothing stood out as more infuriating than usual. What did they hate so much to boycott it?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

oatgan posted:

I watched Impact last night and nothing stood out as more infuriating than usual. What did they hate so much to boycott it?

Hour build up to a "LOSER MUST LEAVE TNA SEGMENT WHERE THE REF HAS BEEN BROUGHT OUT AND PROMISED A WINNER" with no winner as WELL as the babyfaces getting what they want as WELL as the match the heels choosing resolving nothing. 9 talking segments in a row.

They literally quit the review after the Joe/Aries match, Bryan just shut it down and said "Nope, gently caress it."

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I feel that I kind of need to watch the Impact that finally broke Bryan. But it's Impact, so no.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Deadpool posted:

I feel that I kind of need to watch the Impact that finally broke Bryan. But it's Impact, so no.

It wasn't nearly 'breaking Bryan Alvarez' levels of bad, but it was just another really lovely Impact and unlike the past where you could look at the roster and go 'Ok, there are a lot of guys that can have great matches, I can keep watching', there's not really any reason to have hope, so it's just draining week after week after week.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I'm pretty sure it was a "goddamn I am sick of having to watch this show" reaction and not anything in particular from last night.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
His twitter was pretty much blowing up with how aggravated he was about 8 or so talking segments leading to a match that involved a big stipulation with no finish/follow up on the stip, just to build up to a first blood 8 man tag match.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Best part was two weeks ago when every 30 seconds "a brawl broke out!"

A few months ago I lost it at their review of the "Gunner's dad gets beat up" segment. It happens and then "REPLAY REPLAY REPLAY TO THE BACK!"

Nothing beats Vinny's review of Lethal Lockdown though. Featuring "and Dixie Carter's music starts playing!!"

Bryan is now saying on Twitter that he's refusing to watch Slammiversary.

Daniel Bryan fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Jun 6, 2014

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

Just finished listening to part one of the Austin/ Vader podcast, it's really good. One thing got me thinking though: Vader mentioned that back when he played in the NFL he used some kind of performance enhancing drugs (and thus, presumably when he was wrestling too). Austin seems pretty honest about the drinking and recreational drug use of wrestlers, has he ever talked about steroids? I normally just listen to the interviews and skip his rants and questions, so I wouldn't know if I missed it or not. I'd be curious to post a question to him on social media about it if he hadn't talked about it yet.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
So poor Dave is going to be the only one watching it.

Maybe Craig can to and we can have the Craig and Dave show.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

All these years Bryan goes on about how they need to do the Impact review because PEOPLE LOVE IT and now he's BACKING DOWN.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Impact reviews are great. Trying to get rid of the Tuesday Smackdown review was the right move.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
He needs to listen to John Cena. John Cena does what he does for the people, whether they like him or hate, (but you gotta respect him) and he NEVER GIVES UP!

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I knew Bryan Alvarez was weak when he gave up on the daily 10 minute updates (repeatedly)

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I've never listened to Jericho's podcast before but the allure of AJ Styles burying TNA was too much. He has the opposite problem Jim Ross has, JR's voice is too boring for podcast, Jericho spends too much time trying to sound like a zany morning DJ. I realize I am the last person on the earth to realize this.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

I listened to the B&V show for the first time in about 2 years today after renewing my subscription a few weeks back. Them lighting TNA on fire was something I always enjoyed immensely, but they just sound so sad and broken down on this one. :smith:

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

So poor Dave is going to be the only one watching it.

Maybe Craig can to and we can have the Craig and Dave show.

I'm thinking about going to slammiversary. $12 for atrocious wrestling can't be so bad right?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

ch3cooh posted:

I'm thinking about going to slammiversary. $12 for atrocious wrestling can't be so bad right?

$12 for a pizza and whatever is on TV is better.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I'd go just to see how the hell they try to salvage their main event.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Swagger Dagger posted:

I'd go just to see how the hell they try to salvage their main event.

Lemme save you $12

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

epitasis posted:

I'm like five minutes in and hahaha oh man he is just burying TNA.

Yeah this is kind of incredible.

"Hogan never promoted TNA anywhere other than when he was on Impact.... and now that I've left I understand why. He was embarrassed to be associated with it."

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah this is kind of incredible.

"Hogan never promoted TNA anywhere other than when he was on Impact.... and now that I've left I understand why. He was embarrassed to be associated with it."

I felt really bad for him when he talked about TNA's (artificial) popularity in the UK. You could tell those tours were something that gave the guys hope the company might amount to something, only to discover it wasn't real.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
AJ seems like a guy to me that bought into TNA's BS for a good while but then woke up one day and realized this was all bullshit and he should go out and see if he can have a better career elsewhere, and the crappy contract offer was just the final tipping point.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
If Bryan isn't watching Impact or Slammiversary he should have to watch all those double UFC days in their entirety.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Karmine posted:

If Bryan isn't watching Impact or Slammiversary he should have to watch all those double UFC days in their entirety.

Or Bellator, or Main Event, or CMLL, or any of the litany of shows that he just blows off. I love that Dave watches CMLL every Friday and Bryan could never be bothered to watch Lucha even though he hosts the Steve Sims show.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

MassRafTer posted:

Or Bellator, or Main Event, or CMLL, or any of the litany of shows that he just blows off.

Legends House.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Dave needs to review the local independent shows he goes to.

paint dry
Feb 8, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

I felt really bad for him when he talked about TNA's (artificial) popularity in the UK. You could tell those tours were something that gave the guys hope the company might amount to something, only to discover it wasn't real.

I haven't listened to the podcast, but do they mention how WWE shows here are behind a pretty loving expensive paywall? Because that's probably the reason TNA is so "popular" here. I go to local indie shows and TNA is the only thing people in the queue outside talk about.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

paint dry posted:

I haven't listened to the podcast, but do they mention how WWE shows here are behind a pretty loving expensive paywall? Because that's probably the reason TNA is so "popular" here. I go to local indie shows and TNA is the only thing people in the queue outside talk about.

Yep, it was explained to him how while WWE and TNA get equal numbers of viewers in the UK, TNA's show is on free television while WWE isn't, creating an artificial sense that TNA was as popular as WWE. He only learned that because he was confused why the big wrestling magazine did so few TNA covers, and had it explained to him that whenever a TNA guy was on the cover sales went down.

He is also NOT a fan of Jon Gaburick, to put it lightly.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Jerusalem posted:

Yep, it was explained to him how while WWE and TNA get equal numbers of viewers in the UK, TNA's show is on free television while WWE isn't, creating an artificial sense that TNA was as popular as WWE. He only learned that because he was confused why the big wrestling magazine did so few TNA covers, and had it explained to him that whenever a TNA guy was on the cover sales went down.

He is also NOT a fan of Jon Gaburick, to put it lightly.

OK I'm gonna listen to this show just to hear some of this stuff because jesus.

Happy Happyist
Jul 23, 2007

I need your assistance to make the world blue and change it into a happy and peaceful society.

njsykora posted:

OK I'm gonna listen to this show just to hear some of this stuff because jesus.

The actual interview starts at about 20 minutes in, if you want to miss ads and other stuff. Jericho doesn't pull punches with questions on this one, and AJ lets it all out. It was great!

TimberJoe
Oct 24, 2010

aww yeah im on this burger and shit

Winner of the PWM POTM for March 2012
There was a period back in 2006 where impact was the dogshit worst and B&V was incredible because of it so I might have to resub and listen to some of these new shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

TimberJoe posted:

There was a period back in 2006 where impact was the dogshit worst and B&V was incredible because of it so I might have to resub and listen to some of these new shows.

Fall of 2010 through Summer of 2011 was also unbelievably bad television and B&V was in top form during that period.

• Locked thread