Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Entropic posted:

What, did you bounce it in response to the +1 when he had an empty hand? That's mean.

The word I would use would be hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smashing Link
Jul 8, 2003

I'll keep chucking bombs at you til you fall off that ledge!
Grimey Drawer

Carrasco posted:

Dawn Charm is a beautiful card and I'm glad it's getting good use somewhere.

Dawn Charm is an outstanding card.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

suicidesteve posted:

Legacy Jund vs. Dredge
Lose game 1 to typical boring Dredge.

Game 2, get Cabal Therapied on his turn 1, naming something I don't have. Reveal TWO Surgical Extraction, one of which takes his Cabal Therapies. Follow that up with a Deathrite on my turn 2.

Game 3, turn 1 Deathrite. Turn 2 Deathrite. Turn 3 draw and cast Deathrite. Turn 4 draw and cast Grafdigger's Cage. He scoops. Feels so good.

Seriously, screw Dredge right in its boring face.

Hello, Mr. Nagle

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Toshimo posted:

Hello, Mr. Nagle

Whoa now, let's not say things we can't take back.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

JerryLee posted:

Whoa now, let's not say things we can't take back.

This is no time for niceties, Rosewater!

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica

whydirt posted:

Chris Davis' mono-red heroic pauper deck looks super fun to play.

http://www.channelfireball.com/videos/channel-cdavis-pauper-heroic-red/

He should be playing Titan's Strength and Spark Jolt, but otherwise yeah, that is a very solid deck.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
http://www.channelfireball.com/home/pt-journey-into-nyx-rap-up/

Hahahaha, that's a way to do a tournament report I suppose!

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Zorak posted:

I rather liked some of it actually:

quote:

The final draft round is versus Shuhei
Leaves UU open, Nullify is his play
My creatures and Auras require his approval
So sorry my friend, you can't counter removal

also "and I know what to do, take courser of kruphix and attack for two" amuses me to no end.

mrbo
Apr 4, 2008

Emerson Cod posted:

He should be playing Titan's Strength and Spark Jolt, but otherwise yeah, that is a very solid deck.

I guess you could make the case for Titan's Strength over Brute Force, but Lava Dart looks a lot better than Spark Jolt - did you see the game where he won t3 on the back of Kiln Fiend and 2 Lava Darts?

Laopooh
Jul 15, 2000

I've got a buddy who used to play back in the day and he's just getting back into things. Looking through his collection we found a few white bordered Underground Seas among other hidden gems. What method would you guys recommend him using to unload those? I haven't sold cards online outside one occasion several years ago so I figured I'd ask my goonbros for advice.

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father
Do you have an active magic group that plays near you? I've seen players trading with other players as the best way when dealing with cards. Stores tend to ask for significant discounts if you want to simply sell it, and online card sales seem scary from the sellers perspective.

Promoted Pawn
Jun 8, 2005

oops

Laopooh posted:

I've got a buddy who used to play back in the day and he's just getting back into things. Looking through his collection we found a few white bordered Underground Seas among other hidden gems. What method would you guys recommend him using to unload those? I haven't sold cards online outside one occasion several years ago so I figured I'd ask my goonbros for advice.

My first recommendation to him, if he's getting back into the the game, is to look into Legacy and seriously ask himself if he's ever going to play it. If so, he should try to hold onto them unless he needs the money for something pressing.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

My advice is, if you EVER want to use those Underground Seas for anything, just bite the bullet and don't sell them. Few things in Magic will hold/gain value the way those will. You will likely HATE to see what happens to the price of them if you sell them now and want to play them in a year's time.

Sadly, I don't know much about trading off eternal format cards, I'm usually the one buying them.

Fake Edit: I'm already beaten to this post, but seriously, don't loving sell old duals if you're just getting back into the game, they will never be easier for you to get than they are now.

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

mrbo posted:

I guess you could make the case for Titan's Strength over Brute Force, but Lava Dart looks a lot better than Spark Jolt - did you see the game where he won t3 on the back of Kiln Fiend and 2 Lava Darts?

I played 2 matches against this deck (I don't know if that guy was piloting it) the other day (I was playing b/u control I think). I lost 4-0 and I think 3 of them were turn 3 kills. Thanks for the decklist, I'll try this out.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Drafted Reanimator with a bit of a control suite, let's do this thing!

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Duels of the Planeswalkers 2014 is 75% off on Steam until Monday. It's also :siren:free to play:siren: during that period, if you just want to see what the fuss is about.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

Zorak posted:

This is labeled a rap but I want to see it split up into pages and illustrated in a Seussian style.

homerlaw
Sep 21, 2008

Plants are the best ergo Sylvari=Best

Serperoth posted:

Duels of the Planeswalkers 2014 is 75% off on Steam until Monday. It's also :siren:free to play:siren: during that period, if you just want to see what the fuss is about.

If anyone needs a bit of an extra push, there's a substantial modding community for 2014, along with a deckbuilder that has drat near every card from Theros and earlier.

http://www.slightlymagic.net/wiki/Duels_of_the_Planeswalkers_2014
Here's a wiki that has some basic troubleshooting information and some links to some good mods

Here's the forum for it proper,
http://www.slightlymagic.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=109

There are some legacy and vintage decks imported, and the AI can play the simpler ones very effectively. Does not know how to do combo decks, it's kinda funny watching it try though.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

AATREK CURES KIDS posted:

Drafted Reanimator with a bit of a control suite, let's do this thing!

I went 2-1 with it. Oona's Prowler astonishingly got there on its own in one game. I was a forest away from casting and using Pernicious Deed to win the last game of the finals, but I couldn't find it.

homerlaw posted:

If anyone needs a bit of an extra push, there's a substantial modding community for 2014, along with a deckbuilder that has drat near every card from Theros and earlier.

http://www.slightlymagic.net/wiki/Duels_of_the_Planeswalkers_2014
Here's a wiki that has some basic troubleshooting information and some links to some good mods

Here's the forum for it proper,
http://www.slightlymagic.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=109

There are some legacy and vintage decks imported, and the AI can play the simpler ones very effectively. Does not know how to do combo decks, it's kinda funny watching it try though.

This is amazing, thanks. Anyone who has ever wished to play MTGO with a better interface should look into this.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug
Did a conspiracy draft at midnight. Drafted r/w construct defender tribal. Gave zero fucks and got first. The deck was the loving nuts.

Great cards:

Basandra, battle seraph
Boldwyr Intimidator
2x cinder wall
2x doomed traveller
2x flamewright
Ignition team (cast in a game for x = 17)
Intangible virtue
2x vent sentinel
2x sentinel dispatch
Swords to plowshares
Wakestone gargoyle

I just had all the defender tokens. I was making 2 per turn and just building an army while politely asking people not to attack me.

Then in the finals, before the game started, I texted two of my three opponents with the message "this game will be a lot better as 1v1, let's eliminate the others and face eachother."

Both people believed it until I took one of my team mates out, after getting him to attack the other player opponent so that I could kill them next turn. I really went all in on conspiracy.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Hey guys I have some questions about conspiracy:

- If you have the conspiracy cards as part of your deck, does that mean you effectively play with a 39 card deck? Since you have to pull it out and play it immediately?
- Do the conspiracy cards like Worldknit apply to yourself or the whole table?

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

LaTex Fetish posted:

Hey guys I have some questions about conspiracy:

- If you have the conspiracy cards as part of your deck, does that mean you effectively play with a 39 card deck? Since you have to pull it out and play it immediately?
- Do the conspiracy cards like Worldknit apply to yourself or the whole table?

Conspiracy cards do not count towards your deck's minimum card requirement. You don't start your game with conspiracy cards in your deck -- rather, you start the game with those cards in your command zone.
Worldknit only affects the deck you built.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Dungeon Ecology posted:

Conspiracy cards do not count towards your deck's minimum card requirement. You don't start your game with conspiracy cards in your deck -- rather, you start the game with those cards in your command zone.
Worldknit only affects the deck you built.

Okay, thanks friend. Worldknit seems really OP, but who knows? I hope I draft it tonight

Lord Of Texas
Dec 26, 2006

greedyjace.png

YoshiStomper
May 13, 2011

The reject.

Mezzanon posted:

Did a conspiracy draft at midnight. Drafted r/w construct defender tribal. Gave zero fucks and got first. The deck was the loving nuts.

Do you remember how long the actual drafting process took? I have this fear, because this is such a different mechanic, that the selection process is going to take forever.

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP
Does anybody know if Conspiracy packs will be available at big box retailers or just at LGS and online stores?

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Lord Of Texas posted:

greedyjace.png

All these Greedy Jace pics are making me sad I haven't seen him yet.
Also after doing pretty good last season, I am sucking it up fierce this cube.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Gonna do a conspiracy draft soon. Hope this turns out well.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Mezzanon posted:

Then in the finals, before the game started, I texted two of my three opponents with the message "this game will be a lot better as 1v1, let's eliminate the others and face eachother."

This is really awesome, by the way.

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

Lord Of Texas posted:

greedyjace.png

:hfive:

My man.

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
side of the cyberpocalypse

Mezzanon posted:

Both people believed it until I took one of my team mates out, after getting him to attack the other player opponent so that I could kill them next turn. I really went all in on conspiracy.
Teach me your ways, sensei.

But yeah, these AARs are gonna keep rolling in and I'm gonna feel awful, because I can't go to any events locally due to work.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here

Lord Of Texas posted:

greedyjace.png

I opened him pack 3 and as if I would pass him.

I ended up losing round 1 but not to Jace, I just made infinite play mistakes like leaving myself tapped out to an Inferno Titan I knew was coming because of courser when I had three 1/1s and a mirror entity in play, then not killing my opponent's creature he targeted with Domri when I had a slaughter pact in hand.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
Has anyone tried playing maze's end fog lately? I put it together on modo last night and made a build using 2 kioras and 3 dictate of kruphix and did surprisingly well. One guy said it wasn't "real" magic and before quitting on me, which is nice.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Fingers McLongDong posted:

One guy said it wasn't "real" magic and before quitting on me, which is nice.

Can't ask for anything more.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Has anyone tried playing maze's end fog lately? I put it together on modo last night and made a build using 2 kioras and 3 dictate of kruphix and did surprisingly well. One guy said it wasn't "real" magic and before quitting on me, which is nice.

I've wanted to try the Possibility Storm/Eidolon of Rhetoric build of Maze's End, but I just don't know if I hate myself enough.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Was just watching a recent twitch stream of Kibler playing Modern in MODO, Game 1 he loses to Possibility Storm > Ornothopter > Emrakul.

Now I'm gonna have a smile on my face all day.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

qbert posted:

Was just watching a recent twitch stream of Kibler playing Modern in MODO, Game 1 he loses to Possibility Storm > Ornothopter > Emrakul.

Now I'm gonna have a smile on my face all day.

http://sales.starcitygames.com/deckdatabase/displaydeck.php?DeckID=68349

I have quite the reputation for playing really stupid modern decks, so obviously I need to make this.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

LaTex Fetish posted:

Okay, thanks friend. Worldknit seems really OP, but who knows? I hope I draft it tonight

Worldknit seems really fun but bad, you have to play all your 14th picks and stuff

Lunsku
May 21, 2006

Elyv posted:

Worldknit seems really fun but bad, you have to play all your 14th picks and stuff

Need to live the Worldknit into Cogwork Grinder dream!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Elyv posted:

True, but on the other hand every single one of your picks is the best card in the pack regardless of colour.

• Locked thread