Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
e: disregard, I can't read

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob Smith
Jan 5, 2006
Well Then, What Shall We Start With?

Sephyr posted:

I use a male deva model for him. Just make sure your opponent knows which model is which.

I've got a spare Deva who I converted to be holding an tablet computer instead of a Nanopulsar, I'll use him. My club is pretty easy going on proxies, last game I played a guy used "post-apocalypse survivor" models as his Muttawiahs and Ghulams, while I used the Hasslefree Ghost in the Shell models as Asuras.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Bob Smith posted:

I used the Hasslefree Ghost in the Shell models as Asuras.

LINK.

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum

http://www.hfminis.co.uk/shop?category=miniatures~modern-adventurers

Capt Isseki and Major Tomoko

Hasslefree has a unique approach to stealing IP, its like getting knockoff Disney merch for Fluto and Paffy Duck or Nicky Mouse or something. And its always just recognizable, but slightly off.

Laphroaig fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Jun 1, 2014

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Laphroaig posted:

http://www.hfminis.co.uk/shop?category=miniatures~modern-adventurers

Capt Isseki and Major Tomoko

Hasslefree has a unique approach to stealing IP, its like getting knockoff Disney merch for Fluto and Paffy Duck or Nicky Mouse or something. And its always just recognizable, but slightly off.

Laffo, it comes in clear resin, too! No "borrowed" IP here, no sir.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

OB_Juan posted:

Laffo, it comes in clear resin, too! No "borrowed" IP here, no sir.
EXCUSE me, the word you're looking for is "inspired" :colbert:

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jun 1, 2014

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Pierzak posted:

ESCUSE me, the word you're looking for is "inspired" :colbert:

Oh, well, that's okay then.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Kazak Spetsnazs profiles are up.

http://www.infinitythegame.com/infinity/downloads/army-lists/%5Ben%5DNewProfiles.pdf

Fast Pandas are MOV20. LOL (it's a typo from Spanish version translation, theyre MOV8 I think).

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Flipswitch posted:

Kazak Spetsnazs profiles are up.

http://www.infinitythegame.com/infinity/downloads/army-lists/%5Ben%5DNewProfiles.pdf

Fast Pandas are MOV20. LOL (it's a typo from Spanish version translation, theyre MOV8 I think).

Spetsnaz have a 20 CC :stare: I haven't played Infinity in a long time due to school, but looking at their costs, what sort of role do you see them taking?

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
AD, Mimetism, and ignoring enemy cover on a 33-ish point model sounds pretty crazy.

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum
CH: Ambushed Camouflage
It acts just like CH2: Camouflage except with the added ability of deploying a 'decoy' Camo Marker within ZoC (kind of like Minelayer, but without the Mine).

Marksmanship L2: Ignore the penalty to BS for cover, add shock to the ammo (still has the +3 ARM from cover though, L3 ignores that too).

I think Ambushed Camo with Minelayer units is great.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Corbeau posted:

AD, Mimetism, and ignoring enemy cover on a 33-ish point model sounds pretty crazy.
Tigers still better.

Hmm, most of the community (my local one and the official forum) seems to cry OP, I've seen that said too many times when a new thing first appears (getting clobbered by a TAG, AD/HMG, link teams, impersonators, etc.) that I'm halfway convinced it's just a case of ordering a few crates of chill pills and learning to deal with the new threat.

The other half is wondering why the gently caress does a HMG cost only 4 points over a sniper rifle and why is the Panda a repeater that can move 8"... once. And doesn't even appear before deployment, so... a physical repeater marker? :shrug:

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum

Pierzak posted:

Tigers still better.

Hmm, most of the community (my local one and the official forum) seems to cry OP, I've seen that said too many times when a new thing first appears (getting clobbered by a TAG, AD/HMG, link teams, impersonators, etc.) that I'm halfway convinced it's just a case of ordering a few crates of chill pills and learning to deal with the new threat.

The other half is wondering why the gently caress does a HMG cost only 4 points over a sniper rifle and why is the Panda a repeater that can move 8"... once. And doesn't even appear before deployment, so... a physical repeater marker? :shrug:

The panda is just a deployable repeater that gets an 8" move. It costs like 2 points, its fine.

And I'm just happy that the HMG costs MORE points than the sniper rifle, not less. Hopefully weapons points costs are rebalanced with 3rd edition. In terms of the army, 4 points is half an order. I think the HMG is about half an order better than the sniper rifle. So that sounds right by me.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Laphroaig posted:

The panda is just a deployable repeater that gets an 8" move. It costs like 2 points, its fine.
My gripe with it is that they did a big show introducing a new servant unit blah blah, something entirely new, that turned out to be... a repeater with a bit longer deployment range. With a separate mini. Maybe it was just the hype :shrug:

quote:

And I'm just happy that the HMG costs MORE points than the sniper rifle, not less.
Than a normal sniper rifle. Multis are still ridiculously expensive.

quote:

In terms of the army, 4 points is half an order.
First world problems :allears:

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
The Panda is pretty much exactly what I thought it would be. They said earlier that it was a mobile repeater - I don't recall any implications that it was more than that.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Hmmm...

stabbington
Sep 1, 2007

It doesn't feel right to kill an unarmed man... but I'll get over it.
Combined with the various Pan O quotes they've been posting on twitter over the past couple days, it's probably safe to say that something's up on Svalarheima.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

and this one...

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Rumormill seems to be pointing towards a Nomad vs. PanO starter set.

Most pleasing.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
That would make a ton of sense with the talk about Fusilier resculpts being at GenCon.

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum
raven war really needs to hire better writers, that blurb is embarrassingly terrible. Amusingly enough our store is running a map campaign using the Paradiso rules, set on savalarheima. I am playing PanO

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Man, Operation Ice Storm is such a cheesy, embarrassing name. They should have just used the random mission name generator like in X-COM or something.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
We can always hope that the good translators are all tied up working on 3rd edition.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Also isn't an ice storm just a blizzard :v:

Serious note, if this IS a 2 player starter box, I'm curious to see what's inside - Is there going to be terrain, as it's much needed for Infinity? Will the models be plastics or resins, or will it be a metal starter box?

Exciting!

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Well, I found a Marut proxy while I was going through some old nerd poo poo today.

stabbington
Sep 1, 2007

It doesn't feel right to kill an unarmed man... but I'll get over it.
Needs more arms to truly be Mecha-Shiva.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

It's a starter box!

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Neat!

15 models of Pan-O and Nomads (guessing from the fluff teaser)? I'm listening.

MCPeePants
Feb 25, 2013
That's pretty exciting. Sounds like exactly the product for me to finally take the plunge, especially if it comes with some fun extras (terrain, reference sheets, etc).

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
It also implies that 3rd edition is in it. I wonder how far out we are? My small local group is waiting on 3rd edition to really start playing.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Flipswitch posted:

It's a starter box!

After the Deadzone success by Mantic, they may have decided to follow suit.

LumberingTroll posted:

It also implies that 3rd edition is in it. I wonder how far out we are? My small local group is waiting on 3rd edition to really start playing.

Same here. I want to try to start games locally but figured I'd wait for 3rd ed to drop first.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Any chances that they will use plastic models for this?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

bhsman posted:

For sake of keeping the costs low I'd say they might be plastic, but CB seems fairly intent on staying with metal, so who knows?

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

bhsman posted:

Snowball, hell, the works.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

bhsman posted:

Approximately zero.

Also, looks like 7 Nomad figures, 7 PanO figures, and the O-12 High Commissioner (at least I think so judging from that silhouette - the color is definitely different from the PanO models).

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Yeah, I hope they don't but after so many 40k starters I guess I was just predisposed to expecting plastic. v:shobon:v

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Corbeau posted:

Approximately zero.

Also, looks like 7 Nomad figures, 7 PanO figures, and the O-12 High Commissioner (at least I think so judging from that silhouette - the color is definitely different from the PanO models).

Wasn't there talk about resculpting some of the basic troops like Fusiliers and Alguaciles as well? It looks like each side has a link team.

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Please report me if you see me post in GBS so a moderator may bulldoze my account like a palestinian school.
How do I shot airbrush?

Got my Doc and Yudbots painted up.

Aix Athanatos
Nov 3, 2011

Kegslayer posted:

Wasn't there talk about resculpting some of the basic troops like Fusiliers and Alguaciles as well? It looks like each side has a link team.

I thought the same thing too, but link teams are sectorial-only. Unless that's a possible rule change in 3rd Edition? :shrug: Either way, I think you're right about those being the resculpts of basic troops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
I was just on skype talking to some friends keen on starting Infinity with PanO but deterred because they really hate the fusilier sculpts.

As for link teams in the starter, I think they probably just wanted to include a good number of line troops to make for cheap orders when you expand. Though who knows, maybe they'll let line troops form some kind of weaker link in 3rd...

• Locked thread