Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Plus there's that PS4 port of USF4 that Markman confirmed. This is gonna be the year for video games, I can feel it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

TaurusOxford posted:

What the hell does Capcom even have left?

Monster Hunter, aka the Call of Duty of Japan.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

They have more Ace Attorney games coming actually, but they're early in production so you won't see them or an NA release date before next year's E3. One game is The Great Ace Attorney which is set in the past with one of Phoenix's ancestors, and is written by the original Ace Attorney writer, and the team that made Dual Destinies is working on Ace Attorney 6.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Beef Waifu posted:

Plus there's that PS4 port of USF4 that Markman confirmed. This is gonna be the year for video games, I can feel it.

I can feel it too.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Shoot the video games all over my face, E3.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Sega announced their E3 lineup, here it is:

(Alien: Isolation (PS4, XBO, PS3, 360, PC) – October 7
Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd (PS3, PS Vita) – Fall 2014
Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric (Wii U) – November 2014
Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal (3DS) – November 2014)

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

I don't understand. That list is decidedly absent of Shenmue 3 and Yakuza games.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

univbee posted:

I don't understand. That list is decidedly absent of Shenmue 3 and Yakuza games.

Filthy gaijin don't deserve their precious Yakuza games. :japan:

So, can we get the thread title to changed to something like "E3 2014 - Video Games are Officially Dead".

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

univbee posted:

(neogaf is so good for images)

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
There will never be another Yakuza game in America, gomen.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
No because like every E3, we'll see a Call of Duty, an Assassin's Creed, one new Mario and/or Zelda game, and some distant tech (in this case VR) and like every E3, the entire gaming media and most gamers will decide this radical new assortment of stuff means that we, right now, could be living in the BIGGEST YEAR FOR GAMING EVER.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Beef Waifu posted:

There will never be another Yakuza game in America, gomen.

So...

sonna...baka na... :negative:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Neo Rasa posted:

No because like every E3, we'll see a Call of Duty, an Assassin's Creed, one new Mario and/or Zelda game, and some distant tech (in this case VR) and like every E3, the entire gaming media and most gamers will decide this radical new assortment of stuff means that we, right now, could be living in the BIGGEST YEAR FOR GAMING EVER.
Peeps gotta recognize this cycle.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Don't forget the confirmation of the newest iteration of NFL/NHL/FIFA/CRICKET!

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
far cry 4 multiplayer is asymmetric, you have the tribal guys vs the military guys and it's kind of like spies vs mercs but it's more deathmatch focused

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
If Battlefront shows up I'll considered this E3 a success.

Until it is revealed they changed the arcadey feel of the game, then I'll fall into a deep depression and jump in a sarlacc pit.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

mr.capps posted:

If Battlefront shows up I'll considered this E3 a success.

Until it is revealed they changed the arcadey feel of the game, then I'll fall into a deep depression and jump in a sarlacc pit.
Mass effect: star wars edition

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Do we have an E3 2014 report card set up? Last year's was alright I guess.

Judas Iscaredycat
Mar 14, 2013

Quest For Glory II posted:

Isn't that KOTOR?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

:suicide:

Temascos
Sep 3, 2011

Oh Sega, I bought loads of Sega games last gen, mostly relating to Valkyria Chronicles and Yakuza. People say they want good games, but then good games come out and they don't get bought. Therefore, Sega gets taken over by space aliens who infect them with THE STUPID.

ARRGGGHHHH

Sorry, general frustration at this. But on the plus side I really hope there's another indie section at Sony's presser, I really enjoyed 2013 when they had all the developers up at once, at least theres a bunch of people making cool stuff like the Metroidvania game.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I hope this guy is calling Tuesday's Smash Bros tournament for maximum Mr Caffeine quality

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-hPRocg8Yw

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Temascos posted:

Oh Sega, I bought loads of Sega games last gen, mostly relating to Valkyria Chronicles and Yakuza. People say they want good games, but then good games come out and they don't get bought. Therefore, Sega gets taken over by space aliens who infect them with THE STUPID.

ARRGGGHHHH

Sorry, general frustration at this. But on the plus side I really hope there's another indie section at Sony's presser, I really enjoyed 2013 when they had all the developers up at once, at least theres a bunch of people making cool stuff like the Metroidvania game.

It's entirely SEGA's fault when it comes to Valkyria Chronicles though.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

I hope this guy is calling Tuesday's Smash Bros tournament for maximum Mr Caffeine quality

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-hPRocg8Yw

This guy is great.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

What if Mario Maker is real but it's only all you do in it is make drawings of Mario levels.

Then I guess it will be a time portal back to when I was in 2nd grade, which I guess would be pretty cool.

Mercury Crusader posted:

I still go back to SMB1 every now and again since it only takes about ten minutes to finish if you know what you're doing, or about five if you're a good speedrunner (I'm not). I don't recall ever having issues with the controls, though at this point I'm probably just so used to them after playing it for 25+ years.

SMB2, on the other hand, I always thought had slippery controls. It's even worse in Super Mario All-Stars. Still fun though.

Agreed on SMB2, I went back and played that the other day for the first time in like 20 years and I have no idea how I ever played that poo poo. It was like every surface was ice.

raditts fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Jun 6, 2014

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

As far as I can remember it was just Mario and Luigi that had terrible controls in SMB2, Peach and Toad were fun to play. I think it was pretty fresh and new at the time that they all had their own unique play styles :)

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

Even better, it's these guys:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQwi9C509qo

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

"This may be Yoshi's story, but Kage's going to rewrite it" :allears:

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

I dunno, I'd play the poo poo out of a Mass Effect-style game in the Star Wars universe.

Yes, I understand that it's basically KOTOR.

I guess what I'm saying is that I really, really want another KOTOR.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

error1 posted:

As far as I can remember it was just Mario and Luigi that had terrible controls in SMB2, Peach and Toad were fun to play. I think it was pretty fresh and new at the time that they all had their own unique play styles :)

Because I'm a trivia dork I will mention that a great game called Legacy of the Wizard already had the "different characters, different powers" gimmick in a platformer, although with a slightly different implementation, since you had to swap characters to complete the game. It was still a pretty fresh idea though and I think Doki Doki Panic/Mario 2 is a pretty darned good game. It was sort of unlucky for its place in history that the games called Mario 3 and 4 happened to be masterpieces.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
jesus bioware do you even speak english

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

This, New poo poo, etc., etc.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Teal.png Orange.png

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

Because I'm a trivia dork I will mention that a great game called Legacy of the Wizard already had the "different characters, different powers" gimmick in a platformer, although with a slightly different implementation, since you had to swap characters to complete the game. It was still a pretty fresh idea though and I think Doki Doki Panic/Mario 2 is a pretty darned good game. It was sort of unlucky for its place in history that the games called Mario 3 and 4 happened to be masterpieces.

Legacy of the Wizard is soooooo cool because it's like Metroid but only certain characters can equip certain items and one of the characters is the family's pet baby demon that other monsters ignore so you can go explore with him easily. I wish another game as cool as that could exist.

Judas Iscaredycat
Mar 14, 2013

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

Oh Jesus Christ, really? You're not even trying to improve your writing, are you, Bioware?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Another year, another Sherlock Holmes game from the Frog zone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHIkWwOwzzQ

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Judas Iscaredycat posted:

Oh Jesus Christ, really? You're not even trying to improve your writing, are you, Bioware?

Varric was the only character anyone liked from DA2, so now everyone's Varric 2.0.

Bioware: "Quirks are totally the same thing as character!"

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Bioware should really stop trying to make 3D games, it never looks as good as their promo art.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Lotish posted:

Varric was the only character anyone liked from DA2, so now everyone's Varric 2.0.

Bioware: "Quirks are totally the same thing as character!"

The Whedon effect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

I want to play this game.

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

I do not want to play this game.

• Locked thread