Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
When I sent a bunch of Warhams I had to lie to the Fedex guy about how expensive they were because I didn't want to tell him I had handed him like 400 dollars worth of toys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Games > Traditional Games > Warhammer 40k 7th Edition - Be Embarrassed! B-E Embarrassed! B-E E-M-B A-R-R-A-S-S-E-D!

Two Feet From Bread
Apr 20, 2009

I'm. A. Fucking. Nazi.

please punch me in the face
i love it
give it to me daddy
College Slice

Spanish Manlove posted:

Why? Just why?

Because.

Two Feet From Bread fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Jun 6, 2014

Von Humboldt
Jan 13, 2009

Two Feet From Bread posted:

Because it was all NIB and loving cheap. A FLGS is going out business so I bought all the 40k and WHFB stock.
Depending on how good the deal was, you might slowly make that back through flipping it on eBay or selling locally.

or start several thousand points of every army

Two Feet From Bread
Apr 20, 2009

I'm. A. Fucking. Nazi.

i love it
give it to me daddy
College Slice

Hollismason posted:

You need to post a pic. Also I say the $10k. That would just be a horrendous amount of miniatures.
All NIB. It comes out to just over $10k. I'm selling 99% of it for 50% off MSRP as soon as I get the inventory in excel and make the SA Mart thread.

Squifferific
Oct 17, 2004
Proud user of machines that go "Ping!"
What the poo poo.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Yeaaaaah I might have to buy some stuff....

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Holy poo poo. :stare:

Now can I reserve some IG tanks for international shipping or what? :v:

Two Feet From Bread
Apr 20, 2009

I'm. A. Fucking. Nazi.

i love it
give it to me daddy
College Slice

Cooked Auto posted:

Holy poo poo. :stare:

Now can I reserve some IG tanks for international shipping or what? :v:

Sure but not from me. By the time I got to the place almost all the 40k stuff was gone. Just a few SM boxes, LOTS of DE, a few Eldar, some DA, 3 Ork boxes, and some Tyranid stuff I might just ssend to Broken Loose to try to get him back into the hobby. Haven't decided yet.

If you want to start a Fantasy army, now is your chance.

Squifferific
Oct 17, 2004

Sure but not from me. By the time I got to the place almost all the 40k stuff was gone. Just a few SM boxes, LOTS of DE, a few Eldar, some DA, 3 Ork boxes, and some Tyranid stuff I might just ssend to Broken Loose to try to get him back into the hobby. Haven't decided yet.

drat. I was about to say, it looks like mostly Fantasy stuff. I was also going to be in line for cheap(er) Guard tanks.

Bavius
Jun 4, 2010

Smurfs don't lay eggs! I won't tell you this again! Papa Smurf has a fucking beard! They're mammals!
That reminds me of a guy, a guy who I'll call Jimbo. Jimbo let me stay with him for a few months while I was in between homes. We had two living rooms, both were filled with new in box plastics. You see Jimbo is a store manager, he buys just about every list he writes, but then makes one or two of them, then sells the army and so on. When he's short on cash, he sells the NIB items. I thought he was crazy. Then I saw this.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Blast, foiled again. :(

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

All NIB. It comes out to just over $10k. I'm selling 99% of it for 50% off MSRP as soon as I get the inventory in excel and make the SA Mart thread.

I would be willing to take off your hands Chaos Daemons, Necrons, and Chaos Space Marines.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

I'm in line for some Eldar.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Oh, I just noticed Skaven. Hope shipping to UK isn't awful.

BuffaloChicken
May 18, 2008

(mad minis)
I see Tomb Guard. I'm in. Gonna play them as summoned Bloodletters and recreate this scene with my Catachan every battle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0MNYn1Bzso

Skeletons summoned by psykers, clawing their way from the loamy jungle soil of ancient temples to fight the enemy? Yes please. Got any Terradons so I can build my Catachan some allied jetbikes? Or a Carnosaur/Troglodon to make a Dreadknight?

EDIT: Mysterious objective, ancient burial ground. If you walk into a piece of area terrain and flip the counter and that's the burial ground, a unit of skeletons deep strikes in.

BuffaloChicken fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Jun 6, 2014

Vermintide
Oct 26, 2013

Hot drat that's a lot of warhams in one place. And a lot of Fantasy. I'd probably be in line for some Skaven stuff and possible some other fantasy stuff like big monster kits/beasts/daemons.

You musta landed you a KILLER deal.

A BIG FUCKING BLUNT
Nov 10, 2007

Admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Kind of curious where you bought them. My assumption is a store closing sale.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Holy poo poo, awesome stuff. I'll certainly be looking to get some off you. Did you saw you were in Vancouver?

Aparantly there's a GW shop on iTunes now. Apple and GW, somehow that's a really fitting marriage.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Boon posted:

I'm in line for some Eldar.

I would be second in line for Eldar and first in line for DA, but I suspect international shipping won't be a thing

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

twistedmentat posted:

Aparantly there's a GW shop on iTunes now. Apple and GW, somehow that's a really fitting marriage.

Appropriate though it may be I'm frankly astonished they would hook up like that instead of trying to make their own lovely overpriced proprietary system for whatever it is they're selling via iTunes.

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010
I've finally got some semi-decent pics of some of my 'hams.

Squifferific
Oct 17, 2004

JerryLee posted:

Appropriate though it may be I'm frankly astonished they would hook up like that instead of trying to make their own lovely overpriced proprietary system for whatever it is they're selling via iTunes.

I'm guessing they're paranoid about piracy, and really like the DRM controls that iTunes has. That's also probably why the iTunes versions of their codexes and things are more interactive and have fun features, while Android users are stuck with crappy ebooks. If they had half a brain, they looked at the cost of developing their own store thing and walked. If they had a whole brain, they would have made it anyway, made it cross platform, and made it awesome.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I almost want to get an ipad for the digital codexes because they're so nifty.

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010

twistedmentat posted:

Speaking of FF board games, I have chaos in the old world, but I'd love to get one of the 40k ones. I've heard Relic is okay, and HH is great, but its only 2 player, and doesn't work as a team game, but isn't there another 40k board game from FF? Not Disk Wars.

It's not a board game, but there's Space Hulk: Death Angel by FFG, a 40K non-collectible card game. Basically it's a cooperative version of Space Hulk - there's a separate event deck that determines when and where the genestealers spawn and move, and each player controls one or two pairs of Terminators. It's for one to six players, and it's designed to scale to the number of players - it's actually HARDER the more players you start with, because 'stealers spawn in larger numbers and big packs WILL gently caress up a terminator unless you Deal With It. It's also got plenty of replay value, I think, because the 'route' you take through the Sin of Damnation hulk changes every time you play - there's a semirandomized series of 'room cards' for every playthrough that have slightly different environs and sometimes special effects. Each playthrough also only takes about five minutes to set up and 'theoretically' about half an hour to play through - though in my experience we usually end up debating tactics and bantering so much around the table that that stretches to an hour or two. It's also very nice for getting newbies into the game since it's cooperative, the enemies play themselves so the other players can help them along without the newbie feeling like they're getting smished by everyone else.

The stock box is twenty-five bucks, and there's a few expansions for it at five bucks apop:

Mission Pack 1 (Adds a new set of alternative room cards and a new 'adrenaline genestealer' enemy)
Marine Pack 1 (Adds two new Marines and their battle brothers, Terminator Chaplain Raziel and Brother Metraen with a goddamned cyclone rack :getin: The stock game comes with six sets of a Marine and his ablative wound battle brother, a Terminator Sergeant with a power sword, one dude with a heavy flamer, another with an assault cannon, one with hammer and shield, one with lightning claws, and Lexicanum Calistarius the Librarian)
Tyranid Pack (replaces the standard Genestealer blip deck with various Tyranid creatures with special powers, and replaces the final rooms with 'boss battles' against powerful Tyranid beasts)
Deathwing Pack (Replaces the stock Blood Angels with an all-new roster of twelve Dark Angels - I have this set but haven't yet gotten to try them out so I don't know how effective they are, but they look interesting)

Edit: Here's a link.

Drake_263 fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jun 7, 2014

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

NTRabbit posted:

but I suspect international shipping won't be a thing

Sucks if true :(

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
drat I messed up I was under the Impression that the Dark Vengeance set had the new rules now. It did not.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Not only does it not have the new rules there are no plans currently to offer them in the set so it's kind of pointless to take now.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Hollismason posted:

Not only does it not have the new rules there are no plans currently to offer them in the set so it's kind of pointless to take now.

Ya problem is I already bought it. Still I do play Chaos so the new models are a Nice addition. Plus I did not own the 6th ed rules anyway.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

MonsterEnvy posted:

Ya problem is I already bought it. Still I do play Chaos so the new models are a Nice addition. Plus I did not own the 6th ed rules anyway.

Well on the upside you own 97% of 7th.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Squifferific posted:

I'm guessing they're paranoid about piracy, and really like the DRM controls that iTunes has. That's also probably why the iTunes versions of their codexes and things are more interactive and have fun features, while Android users are stuck with crappy ebooks. If they had half a brain, they looked at the cost of developing their own store thing and walked. If they had a whole brain, they would have made it anyway, made it cross platform, and made it awesome.

Smaller companies are doing it, and doing it well, so it really shouldn't be beyond GW to make a multiplatform system of interactive, living rulebooks.

Squifferific
Oct 17, 2004

NTRabbit posted:

Smaller companies are doing it, and doing it well, so it really shouldn't be beyond GW to make a multiplatform system of interactive, living rulebooks.

That's if they had a whole brain between them. I assumed they had half or less :v:

Lord Humongus
Apr 10, 2009

ice ice baby :toot:
almost done with butticus diseaseacuss here. How's he look? I just have some details on the front and back to take care off though.

Sivores
May 25, 2008

All about that bass,
that smooth jazzy bass.

If you have a box of Warriors of Chaos, Empire Greatswords, or a dark eldar raider I'm into this smorgasbord. I am also interested in some of your dark angels by the way.

Two Feet From Bread
Apr 20, 2009

I'm. A. Fucking. Nazi.

i love it
give it to me daddy
College Slice
:siren::siren::siren:

I have all the blisters and all the 40k stuff inventoried and in Excel. Just need to finish Fantasy and type up the thread. Might get it done tonight but that's 4 tubs of boxes.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Lord Humongus posted:

almost done with butticus diseaseacuss here. How's he look? I just have some details on the front and back to take care off though.

Looks terrible. Throw it away in a specific bin of my choosing so I can take your amazingly well-done model for my own Nurglely purposes.

My only critique would be its a bit dark in most places. Adding some highlighting contrasting colors might make it pop a bit more, but it's a lovely realistic color scheme currently.

I have all the blisters and all the 40k stuff inventoried and in Excel. Just need to finish Fantasy and type up the thread. Might get it done tonight but that's 4 tubs of boxes.

Oh god oh god I hope I don't miss out :ohdear: I'm really looking to shore up my Nids and Chaos and will be hammering refresh of the SA Mart just like everyone else.

PierreTheMime fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Jun 7, 2014

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.

The girlfriend wants to get into Warhammer Fantasy, and this just might be the push that takes us over the edge WHAT HAVE YOU DONE

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
It turns out that my local warhammer club has enough terrain to fill up 20 entire tables with a ton of terrain, and still have stuff leftover :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greyish Orange
Apr 1, 2010

AbusePuppy posted:

Paladin armies are tricky because you're always gonna have a really low model count. For that reason, you really need to squeeze points elsewhere to try and make sure you can get maximum mileage out of things. I think you have some good concepts here, but there's a couple missteps, the main one being your Land Raiders. Paladins pay a lot for being tough, and cramming them inside a metal box largely wastes that- it might mean you get to combat a little sooner, but it limits the number of guys you can have as well.

With that in mind, I would try something like this:

-Snip-

Some nice ideas here which I'm going to really think on about how to take it forward. Also it's really good to know about the psychic bits, as it's quite new to me to be thinking of it.

I have another question though and it's probably what I'll build into a 2K force, I've got a 1K little tournament that I can go to that requires you to use the Allied Detachment chart and nothing else, was thinking of running the list below. Although it does lack bodies it fits within the 1HQ, 2Troop, 1FA/HS/EL rules and it also gives a nice building point for the future I guess.

I'm not looking to be super competitive, more just getting models that I will use in the future at this point. Does it look like it would be at least fun to run?

code:
HQ
 Inquisitor Coteaz

Troops

Henchmen - 1 Psyker - 2 Acolytes
	- Razorback
	- Psybolt Ammo
 Henchmen - 1 Psyker - 2 Acolytes
	- Razorback
	- Psybolt Ammo

Elite
 Paladin Squad - 6 Models