Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carnalfex
Jul 18, 2007
Going to have to get lifeline to try it out, but I was going to get it anyway. When you say "contract black fever from bites" do you mean 1. Taking any damage at all, or only if you get a wounded status? and 2. Does it give you the "sick" status or simply auto-kill them after X hours?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Carnalfex posted:

Going to have to get lifeline to try it out, but I was going to get it anyway. When you say "contract black fever from bites" do you mean 1. Taking any damage at all, or only if you get a wounded status? and 2. Does it give you the "sick" status or simply auto-kill them after X hours?

The easiest way to do it is to set a wounded state to add it on as the equivalent of an extra debuff. There are actually multiple states of being wounded that you don't typically notice in game. These correspond to health debuffs that you pick up as your max HP gets lower from being mauled while down.

The simplest way to simulate a black fever infection is to make it so at the highest wounded state (IE: You or someone else really hosed up, and nearly was mauled to death while down.) the game adds the appropriate disease trait as a sub-trait of the gravely wounded trait. That would give your character or the NPC in question the fever on top of any existing debuffs.

As for what the black fever is, the black fever is the worst type of sickness in the game. It actually causes the zombie infections. It's very rare in breakdown at the moment, which is part of why it can get so easy to avoid losing survivors in the late game. Typically infection for diseases progresses from a cough, to sick, to gravely ill, to the fever, with many chances to recover until it hits the critical stage. However with even slightly decent medical facilities diseases almost never progress past the cough or gravely ill stage due to how the tiering system for it is set up. This would put you or a NPC at the last stage of disease if they were gravely wounded.

Gameplay wise, this means that they might turn in your base if they didn't recover. Or you could opt to preempt that risk by taking the special "mercy kill" mission where you have to take them out somewhere secluded and put a bullet in the back of their head for their own good and the safety of the group. It's pretty grim stuff.

It also changes the gameplay a fair bit. Beelining to the military base in Breakdown on higher difficulties becomes much more dangerous. Depending on your skill level at combat you'd want to take along a buddy when scavenging above level 10 too, i'd imagine. It'd do some neat stuff to change up the gameplay and help push through that apocalyptic feeling Lifeline gets across so well, where you know that no matter what you do you'll lose someone eventually.

As for it being a sure kill thing, not necessarily. With proper medical facilities it is possible to recover from it. In fact I believe I can even modify how the fever works to some extent. It's just that at that stage recovery is not a sure thing like most illnesses are, since they start at tier 1 and have a chance to be cured every day. This forces some interesting gameplay and ethical choices on you since it's pretty much the last stage before the poo poo hits the fan and someone starts trying to snack on the rest of the group while they're laid up in the infirmary.

Of course to do all that I need to get into the characters.win.bmd file. And I can't do that if the editor keeps crashing when I try to open it. So right now all I can do is explain the mechanics behind how it's done and what it'd be like. :argh:

Archonex fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Jun 6, 2014

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Archonex posted:

And Lifeline introducing a bunch of new bugs makes it hard to tell where i've hosed up somewhere when I see the occasional bug in game. Like that time a sergeant decided to ride shotgun on the ground outside the car for a good half mile.
Well that happens in the normal game, too, so you did not necessarily bug anything.

The single feature that I would love most in any State of Decay game is the ability for the zombies to loving stop for EVEN A FEW MINUTES oh good lord. Finding out that you could start a mission in Lifeline and then hang out at the base instead of completing it and have basically Zombie Zen Time to just upgrade your building was the best thing.

Your mod is going to make me buy Breakdown I imagine.

Carnalfex
Jul 18, 2007

Archonex posted:

explanations

Cool, thanks! I actually thought that was how it worked in the base game already, and I was just lucky with people recovering since I prioritized having medicine and medical facilities / trained healers.

It sounds like you hit a good balance so that getting torn up actually matters without being "take a scratch, character dies". Will have to playtest to see how it works in practice since NPCs *love* to get grabbed/bit in combat. In vanilla this just means you get free hits on the zeds, but if it means they're likely to die from it the stupidity of the AI might become a real problem. Going to go try it out!

Also yes to what Quarex said, the ability to clear an area for a bit is something the base game / breakdown desperately needed. You could scout and clear a building, sure, but the duration of no-spawning in the area was really short.

Carnalfex fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Jun 5, 2014

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Carnalfex posted:

Cool, thanks! I actually thought that was how it worked in the base game already, and I was just lucky with people recovering since I prioritized having medicine and medical facilities / trained healers.

It sounds like you hit a good balance so that getting torn up actually matters without being "take a scratch, character dies". Will have to playtest to see how it works in practice since NPCs *love* to get grabbed/bit in combat. In vanilla this just means you get free hits on the zeds, but if it means they're likely to die from it the stupidity of the AI might become a real problem. Going to go try it out!

Also yes to what Quarex said, the ability to clear an area for a bit is something the base game / breakdown desperately needed. You could scout and clear a building, sure, but the duration of no-spawning in the area was really short.

Just keep in mind that the black fever/biting stuff isn't actually in yet. As soon as I can get by the crashing editor issue it'll take me like five minutes to add it in. The problem is finding a workaround to let me get into the relevant file.

Edit: As an addendum to all of those posts, I should also note that you should either start a new game or move up one breakdown level to get the full effects. A lot of stuff like zombie placement, the new loot lists, etc, etc, won't show up until you do one or the other.

For the full "gotta make sure everything is working" level of feature compatibility i'd suggest starting a new game. But it's up to you. Lifeline of course doesn't need anything like that. If you have an existing save you can just boot it up and enjoy the lack of an influence payment to reload your guns.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Jun 6, 2014

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Generic American posted:

Oh. My God.

Just rescued someone in Lifeline. His name is Snake. And he's a ~weekend ninja~. :swoon:
'Thought he was dead.

Carnalfex
Jul 18, 2007
Hey state of decay just patched on steam. Might break mods?

edit: sounds like they fixed a fair number of bugs! I especially enjoy that snacks and painkillers won't reset on a new day now.

Carnalfex fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Jun 6, 2014

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

Carnalfex posted:

edit: sounds like they fixed a fair number of bugs! I especially enjoy that snacks and painkillers won't reset on a new day now.

They've said they fixed that bug three times in three separate patches and never actually managed to do it, but maybe the fourth time's the charm.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Mister Bates posted:

They've said they fixed that bug three times in three separate patches and never actually managed to do it, but maybe the fourth time's the charm.

They still reset in Breakdown at least. I close the game with 3/4 snacks on all of my allstars plus 40+ in stash, load the next day with 4-6 in stash and none on anyone's inventory.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
How does Breakdown handle time loss? Going to be hitting BD level 5 with my group by Sunday, but shortly after am going on vacation. If I leave it as a base, will anybody be dead? Would it be worse if I started BD 5 then left them at the RV spot for a week? I've got a perfect crew of a trainer/auto mech, chef/farmer, doctor/counciling, and then two nimbles and a powerhouse for my scavengers. Don't want any deaths this far in if I can help it.

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

Rookersh posted:

How does Breakdown handle time loss? Going to be hitting BD level 5 with my group by Sunday, but shortly after am going on vacation. If I leave it as a base, will anybody be dead? Would it be worse if I started BD 5 then left them at the RV spot for a week? I've got a perfect crew of a trainer/auto mech, chef/farmer, doctor/counciling, and then two nimbles and a powerhouse for my scavengers. Don't want any deaths this far in if I can help it.

I loaded up my Breakdown game after not touching it for a couple of months, and aside from being a little low on supplies and everyone being a little grumpy, it was fine. I don't think you'll lose anyone and at worst you'll have to run around for twenty minutes getting your supplies back in order. Don't worry about it.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

Carnalfex posted:

It figures right when I put that mod up for download they release a patch. :argh:

Edit: Jesus, they literally released it like an hour after I put that thing up. What the gently caress?

Archonex fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Jun 6, 2014

Carnalfex
Jul 18, 2007

Archonex posted:

It figures right when I put that mod up for download they release a patch. :argh:

Edit: Jesus, they literally released it like an hour after I put that thing up. What the gently caress?

They're watching you.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

Carnalfex posted:

They're watching you.

At least this gives me a chance to look at uncapping/increasing the infestation and horde numbers. Ought to increase the late game excitement. :unsmigghh:

Mental Midget
Apr 18, 2005

We're glad you could play SQIV. As usual, you've been a real pantload.
Thank god it wasn't just me getting all those crashes! I thought I hosed something up with mods and redownloaded the game 3 times!

Also, a tip that I didn't find out until like 6 hours into Lifeline - you can just back up your full vehicle to the parking space on the map and all the stuff in the trunk automatically hoovers into the base!

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Mental Midget posted:

Also, a tip that I didn't find out until like 6 hours into Lifeline - you can just back up your full vehicle to the parking space on the map and all the stuff in the trunk automatically hoovers into the base!

Only rucksacks. Loose supplies and weapons stay in vehicle inventory.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Rookersh posted:

Just make sure all your supplies and morale is high and you'll be fine.

Carnalfex
Jul 18, 2007
Basically don't stop playing right after a reset? Also

Archonex posted:

At least this gives me a chance to look at uncapping/increasing the infestation and horde numbers. Ought to increase the late game excitement. :unsmigghh:

Wouldn't that be kind of reverting one of the very first patches? I thought they limited infestations because they would cover the map while you weren't playing, which would in turn spawn more hordes, and both of these would increase the chance of deaths while offline. Also, having them exist makes morale plummet which further increases chances of that stuff. Would there be a way to turn up the craziness only when the player has a chance to actually fight it? That is kind of where the fun comes from, having your base get hosed up outside of your control would be obnoxious. I still don't really understand the reasoning of the devs behind that entire mechanic honestly. You can have a simulation that runs only when the player is actively playing and it works just fine. I know they've patched a lot of things since release so most of that stuff isn't really an issue now or it actually happens in real game time, like weapon and car repairs (I think?) but to me that's just acknowledging that it wasn't a great choice in the first place.

My only guess is that they were trying to lay the groundwork for an always-on MMO style world, since they did say that was their real goal for the sequel. It just doesn't make a ton of sense for a single player game, though.

I guess my point here is that hordes attacking your base while you are playing are exciting but getting a big middle finger for daring to exit the game doesn't sound super fun.

Carnalfex fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Jun 6, 2014

Archonex
May 2, 2012

Carnalfex posted:

Basically don't stop playing right after a reset? Also

Wouldn't that be kind of reverting one of the very first patches? I thought they limited infestations because they would cover the map while you weren't playing, which would in turn spawn more hordes, and both of these would increase the chance of deaths while offline. Also, having them exist makes morale plummet which further increases chances of that stuff. Would there be a way to turn up the craziness only when the player has a chance to actually fight it? That is kind of where the fun comes from, having your base get hosed up outside of your control would be obnoxious. I still don't really understand the reasoning of the devs behind that entire mechanic honestly. You can have a simulation that runs only when the player is actively playing and it works just fine. I know they've patched a lot of things since release so most of that stuff isn't really an issue now or it actually happens in real game time, like weapon and car repairs (I think?) but to me that's just acknowledging that it wasn't a great choice in the first place.

My only guess is that they were trying to lay the groundwork for an always-on MMO style world, since they did say that was their real goal for the sequel. It just doesn't make a ton of sense for a single player game, though.

I guess my point here is that hordes attacking your base while you are playing are exciting but getting a big middle finger for daring to exit the game doesn't sound super fun.

Keep in mind that they've drastically decreased the length of the offline simulation since then. I think it caps off at a day or two ran, tops. The offline deaths you mention are probably more due to that than the hordes. When combined with the uncapped horde count that meant that they could propagate without any player intervention at all during the offline sim. Now that the time is capped and the offline simulation has been tweaked a bit i'm pretty sure they could be reverted to a more entertaining state without much worry.

Lifeline has enough hordes roaming around that literally nearly every building will be infested if you don't clear them out by the time you're done with the main quest. So it's definitely a doable thing now. Or at least that's the theory i'm working off of. I'll know for sure once I test it out.

As it is the danger of hordes and infestations is pretty pathetic until you get to the later levels. Which means the threat of the zombies is pretty pathetic on a community wide scale. Which removes incentives to keep playing on a level after you get perfectly set up. I was hoping it might be useful to fix that.

Of course I could be mistaken, but there's one way for me to find out.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Jun 6, 2014

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
These patch notes have told me I was not crazy about sick people seeming to just never recover in Lifeline!

And I feel like I want to play again just for the note that Sasquatch is now unkillable during the screamer and bloater missions, haha. I could definitely have some fun with that.

Carnalfex
Jul 18, 2007

Archonex posted:

FOR SCIENCE

Going to be hilarious to see just how much this can turn up to 11. Can you choose what difficulty you start a new breakdown at, to really see the effects of a change like this? I only just started playing breakdown (got the game on sale recently).

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Not to be annoying, but when can we expect your mod to be compatible with the latest patch, Archonex?

Archonex
May 2, 2012

Back Hack posted:

Not to be annoying, but when can we expect your mod to be compatible with the latest patch, Archonex?

The way modding works it should be compatible either way. My understanding of the way SoD modding works is that it overwrites existing data if placed in the right format. So so long as nothing was changed in terms of the placement of data/stuff that was modded, it should be compatible. The worst you might see if a rollback of the snack restoration fix, if one of the included mods contains part of the code related to it.

Given that the patch seems to focus primarily on Lifeline's odd bugs (IE: Your character turns into a car-centaur thing for instance.) there probably aren't any incompatibilities. So it should be compatible. Just install it after the patch is installed.

So far it appears to work fine for me. If someone finds an issue just let me know.

Edit:

Carnalfex posted:

Going to be hilarious to see just how much this can turn up to 11. Can you choose what difficulty you start a new breakdown at, to really see the effects of a change like this? I only just started playing breakdown (got the game on sale recently).
On the issue of the whole testing zombie placement and density "FOR SCIENCE!" thing, I did a preliminary testing session to see how much I could alter the levels in Breakdown.

Way back I posted about how you could alter the level of difficulty for each level in Breakdown, so I figured i'd use that knowledge to try something suitably entertaining on top of testing how caps for hordes and infestations work. That way it wouldn't be so mind numbingly boring to wait the game out to see how the increased cap interacts with the game world. Also, that way if anyone else wants to try out the testing version it'll be suitably horrifying entertaining for the people who've played Breakdown quite a bit.

The results were pretty hilarious. I added in a maximum zombie density and multiplier equivalent to Breakdown level 31 in QMJS. Then I upped the cap for hordes and infestations to about twice level 30's amount. This set the initial spawns of zombies to anywhere from "light" to "holy loving poo poo it's an army of undead cannibals" depending on the location in the game. Now I just need to wait and see if that has an effect on the number of hordes and infestations.

If you want to see what I did then download the file below and install it to SoD's game folder. Then start on Breakdown level 1. The below link is the v.01 release only with a very high zombie density added in for that one level of difficulty. So all the previously mentioned changes in v.01 still exist. I didn't touch the freak selection, so it'll mostly be Romero-esque shamblers with a few runners spliced in to ambush you/keep you on your toes. Though the higher number of zombies means that freaks will occasionally show up due to sheer probability.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/33k383

Since it's level 1 you can expect plentiful survivor enclaves, heroes, and supplies. So it should be playable if you're good enough and a bit lucky. However voyaging into the city is pretty batshit insane and it's not meant to be a "serious" version. I drove through the streets of the main city and had Lifeline numbers of zombies chasing my car, bursting through all the windows at once to try and run it down. :stare:

On the plus side, at least there's a reason to settle outside of the city now! :v:

If you install the test version be sure to tell me if the number of infestations and hordes is above normal for breakdown level 1. Given that I had five hordes beelining to my home base five minutes after I joined an enclave I suspect so. However I had to cut testing short for the night since it's getting extremely late here. It's probable that there's a few variables that handle horde spawning, so if the cap increase doesn't handle the issue of hordes being more common i'll need to track them down.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Jun 6, 2014

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Archonex posted:

If you install the test version be sure to tell me if the number of infestations and hordes is above normal for breakdown level 1. Given that I had five hordes beelining to my home base five minutes after I joined an enclave I suspect so. However I had to cut testing short for the night since it's getting extremely late here. It's probable that there's a few variables that handle horde spawning, so if the cap increase doesn't handle the issue of hordes being more common i'll need to track them down.

I've had something like 5-7 different hordes head straight for my home base within a couple of minutes of establishing one on level 1, I've also had what I would describe as a 'super horde' of twenty some odd zombies appear out of nowhere after I attack a single isolated zombie at night; said super horde was made up of mostly normal zombies and several bloaters and screamers which in turn attracted even more zombies. :v:

Archonex
May 2, 2012

Back Hack posted:

I've had something like 5-7 different hordes head straight for my home base within a couple of minutes of establishing one on level 1, I've also had what I would describe as a 'super horde' of twenty some odd zombies appear out of nowhere after I attack a single isolated zombie at night; said super horde was made up of mostly normal zombies and several bloaters and screamers which in turn attracted even more zombies. :v:

It's definitely a bit more entertaining. One of those dinky little fast cars ended up getting flipped while I had four people in it. Cue an epic battle to reach a house, clear it, and then hold off the swarms until they stopped coming. Ended up getting back to home base with two injured survivors. Though i've got an entire small town pretty much locked down now.

I have a version without the density multipliers in effect running in the background. Going to run it for a few days and then see if it increases infestation amounts. If so i'll look at proper difficulty tweaks instead of slapping you into the middle of a zombie apocalypse from level 1.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jun 6, 2014

Bloody Pancreas
Feb 21, 2008

Is Lilly Ritter not supposed to be visible in breakdown? When I establish my first home base, she's not at her radio, but she's still contacting me. Also there will be points of banter between my character and Lilly where i'll be in the base putting like a sack of meds away and I'll be having a conversation with myself because she's not in the room but the game thinks she is. I'm hoping this isn't because of mods or something.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Did they change what you have to do to use grenades and bombs while you're dying, or did they change what explosives you can do it with. That last two guys I've tried to use the "Gorman" approach on had pipe bombs (which I've used for the purpose before) and no amount of mashing RB made them explode.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Bloody Pancreas posted:

Is Lilly Ritter not supposed to be visible in breakdown? When I establish my first home base, she's not at her radio, but she's still contacting me. Also there will be points of banter between my character and Lilly where i'll be in the base putting like a sack of meds away and I'll be having a conversation with myself because she's not in the room but the game thinks she is. I'm hoping this isn't because of mods or something.

Isn't she at the Ranger Station in the top corner of the map?

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Bloody Pancreas posted:

Lily doesn't show up in the world until you join an Enclave on Breakdown 1. On Breakdown 2+, she will show up sitting in front of the RV, but about 25% of the time she will run off into the distance as soon as the game starts, never to be seen again until you settle a base.

E: Whoops didn't read your question right. She probably ran off like I was saying above. Lily doesn't have time for this RV fixing crap, shes just gonna get to the next town on her own.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
I hate that Lily counts as one of the eight people I get to bring. Sorry, unlocked heroes, but I need to hear "Oh you know.... stuuuuuff" a few hundred more times.

Kasonic
Mar 6, 2007

Tenth Street Reds, representing
Having lost three Army pickups already, I'd like to state that the car physics have totally not been toned down.

(I'm okay with this, because doing backflips because you hit an incline at the wrong angle and being pitched into a zombie horde is awesome)

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Kasonic posted:

Having lost three Army pickups already, I'd like to state that the car physics have totally not been toned down.

(I'm okay with this, because doing backflips because you hit an incline at the wrong angle and being pitched into a zombie horde is awesome)

I can't count how many cars I have flipped coming back into West Marshall. Try to go around the bus on the left at high speed, hit that little ramp thing that was 100% planned by the developers, end up having to book it back on foot. And yes, it certainly seems to happen more when there is a horde around.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

I think I know where you're referring to. I've flipped there too. It led to one of my most heart-racingly epic moments ever since I had flipped off a horde without hitting them moments earlier, so that was fun.

What's ironic is I do those ramps all the time on the highway and I've only flipped once in a way that destroyed the vehicle.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

bitcoin bastard posted:

I can't count how many cars I have flipped coming back into West Marshall. Try to go around the bus on the left at high speed, hit that little ramp thing that was 100% planned by the developers, end up having to book it back on foot. And yes, it certainly seems to happen more when there is a horde around.

Just this afternoon as I approached a campsite, the truck I was driving suddenly turned backwards and stood on its back bumper. I was very lucky it didn't explode, but as it fell and threw me out it landed just so and I was able to climb back in and drive away.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

As someone who has diligently leveled up some of their best characters in preparation for another level up in Breakdown, I really wish it was 7+ your player character and Lily that you could take on the RV. I mean, do we really need a slot for a dedicated radio operator- especially one who can't go on missions or defend the enclave- when I have four maxed-out powerhouses and only room for three of them?

Carnalfex
Jul 18, 2007
The first time I heard her say "we're full up unless someone wants to ride on the roof" I had a glimmer of hope that it was an actual possibility. Hell, just have everyone walk. They've all got LMGs and grenade launchers anyway, we can take it slow.

Actually that sounds fun as hell. Do survivors hurt each other with grenade launchers? I've never actually seen anyone shoot one, even when I give them out like candy. I've heard they are great for watchtower duty but my dudes just sit on their hands if I give them launchers. I gave them ammo. Maybe they just want to hoard it and think they'll need it later. I can sympathize.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

I always confiscate all grenade launchers ever since I had a mysterious rash of all my cars exploding.

Carnalfex
Jul 18, 2007

Good Lord Fisher! posted:

I always confiscate all grenade launchers ever since I had a mysterious rash of all my cars exploding.

That is beautiful, wish I could have seen it.

Archonex, any chance of reducing the population requirements for bases in your mod package? QMJS increases them (a lot in some cases) which is a gigantic kick in the balls for breakdown since you only have half a dozen people to start. Maybe if having more AI around was actually helpful it wouldn't be so annoying. They just lounge around and get into fights with each other over who is most useless while eating into the resource stockpiles.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

Carnalfex posted:

That is beautiful, wish I could have seen it.

Archonex, any chance of reducing the population requirements for bases in your mod package? QMJS increases them (a lot in some cases) which is a gigantic kick in the balls for breakdown since you only have half a dozen people to start. Maybe if having more AI around was actually helpful it wouldn't be so annoying. They just lounge around and get into fights with each other over who is most useless while eating into the resource stockpiles.

I can certainly do that. The only file I cannot edit so far is the characters.win.bmd file, which contains stuff like hero data and sickness and illness traits.

Do people want me to keep the current "low end" bases at eight pop required to move in? I admit that it creates an interesting dilemma of risking being exposed long enough with the RV base to pick up another survivor, or beelining to one of the free requirement homes and eating the cost in materials to move later on. It's one of the neater additions QMJS added in in terms of adding a bit of depth to Breakdown, since you're no longer guaranteed to get a hero at the start of the level.

That being said, you're right that Synders (and especially the Fairgound) are placed a bit too high. I'll probably look into that at some point.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Jun 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Is your mod compatible with the new patch version yet?

Also in Lifeline, once you have a mission running you wont get a siege at all right?

Edit: Mod seems to work fine, performance is getting a lot worse though.

FrickenMoron fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Jun 7, 2014

• Locked thread