Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Beeez posted:

... and Rhaegar doesn't seem like a rapist to some.

Rhaegar is pretty much the only "good" character in the series, and he was killed years ago. Naive, but good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Beeez posted:

Eh, I think her feelings might be a bit more complicated were Jon a rape child conceived because of some mad adherence to prophecy. We also don't know if the prophecy mentions anything about the Starks at all.

They could be complicated, but that was complicated by her death. Had she lived it would have changed things. Though even discounting the prophecy he was obsessed with her anyway, willing to break a betrothal, so he wasn't as honorable as most claim he was.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Her betrothal and his marriage, yes. We know very little of what Rhaegar was really like, but it does seem like his obsession with the dragon having three heads surpassed his honor.

Picard Day
Dec 18, 2004

Considering Robert was pretty clearly a shithead even before the rebellion, it doesn't seem unlikely at all that highly individual and strong willed Lyanna Stark might actually choose to run off with the hot bishie dragon prince instead of being forced into marrying her brothers complete rear end in a top hat best friend despite Ned's protestations of "seriously he's a really great guy!"

asvodel
Oct 10, 2012
Someone probably mentioned this before, but I have the suspicion that they are going to make the sons of the harpy kill Grey Worm in the season finale.
All of the Grey Worm / Missandei eunuch romance stuff and character development being there and getting emphasis in the second to last normal (non-Night's Watch only) episode of the season feels a lot like the Robb / Talisa scenes from right before the Red Wedding last season.

It would set up a lot of the ADWD Meereen plot for next season which hasn't really appeared this season other than Hizdahr being introduced. And if it is going to be in the last episode, it seems like the show would prefer to kill a named character as the first victim rather than random Unsullied and former slaves. Along with Drogon killing Hazzea and the chaining up of the dragons it seems like these would be the two big events that signal that things in Meereen are getting serious.

I know he is still alive in the books but as far as I know and after briefly double checking the wiki, there is nothing really important he needs to do in the future that couldn't be done by somebody else, or possibly by having a new leader for the Unsullied being chosen.

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

A 10% levy on BAKED GOODS?!

the jizz taxi posted:

Er, in ACOK he does tell Davos that he feels remorse for his brother's death and that he loved him, but that Renly brough it upon himself. It's a neat inversion of Renly admitting to Cat earlier in the novel that he respected Stannis but never loved him.

quote:

“Maester Cressen was your faithful servant. She slew him, as she killed Ser Cortnay Penrose and your brother Renly.”

“Now you sound a fool,” the king complained. “She saw Renly’s end in the flames, yes, but she had no more part in it than I did. The priestess was with me. Your Devan would tell you so. Ask him, if you doubt me.

Book Stannis absolutely denies he or Mel had anything to do with Renly's death.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

They're saving the pillar and the stones reveal for the finale.

radlum
May 13, 2013
Shouldn't we be getting a new thread title? We are all hoping to see "Stannis! Stannis" or Tywin not making GBS threads gold or Lady Stoneheart, and I feel we should get a title to reflect our optimism about those things and then our unavoidable dissapointment.

Picard Day
Dec 18, 2004

asvodel posted:

Someone probably mentioned this before, but I have the suspicion that they are going to make the sons of the harpy kill Grey Worm in the season finale.
All of the Grey Worm / Missandei eunuch romance stuff and character development being there and getting emphasis in the second to last normal (non-Night's Watch only) episode of the season feels a lot like the Robb / Talisa scenes from right before the Red Wedding last season.

While I think they are developing the Missandei/Grey Worm relationship for similar reasons I think the ultimate goal is to kill Missandei instead actually. If she fills in for Belwas and pigs out on poison during reopening of the fighting pits next season and starts vomiting up blood everywhere before dying it will give Grey Worm motivation and a character arc to run with while Dany is out of the picture.

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH
What are everyone's thoughts on how the battle plays out sunday? Boths attacks at once, south of the wall first then north of the wall the next day, something else entirely?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Picard Day posted:

While I think they are developing the Missandei/Grey Worm relationship for similar reasons I think the ultimate goal is to kill Missandei instead actually. If she fills in for Belwas and pigs out on poison during reopening of the fighting pits next season and starts vomiting up blood everywhere before dying it will give Grey Worm motivation and a character arc to run with while Dany is out of the picture.
Possibly, but I'm also betting on Grey Worm getting skewered by the Sons of the Harpy. Having the Sons make their debut by killing an extra isn't as dramatically strong as them killing a named and developed character.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Jun 7, 2014

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Narmi posted:

Yeah, he's talking to Theon, and calls Theon out on spying on him for Ramsay, but it's not like what he says isn't true. Bran lost Winterfell because he thought it would be a good idea to empty the castle's garrison to deal with invaders who were right next door, Tytos Lannisters was the third son and let people walk all over him in order to get their approval, Tommen signed to order to arrest and imprison his mom because some old men put a piece of paper in front of him and he like playing with his seal, so in a way it does make sense why Roose would rather have a cruel son than one who is a pushover or incompetent.

Young is not interchangeable with pushover or incompetent; his first son was pretty awesome even at a young age.....never mind

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Robert was built like a brick shithouse and was caving in burly dudes chests with a massive hammer, so yeah, you kinda don't want to make him mad.

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

hellbastard posted:

That would be kind of cool. Jon stays dead, Jamie steps up to the plate.

It's pretty much spelled out. But it's a theory in the same way that Syrio Forell being dead is "only a theory" because you didn't actually see him die.

Edit: or like the Frey Bentos Pies.

OK I've seen the book excerpts and I agree. I was just kind of challenging an idea from the books that I didn't specifically remember, but it's been some years.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
http://uproxx.com/tv/2014/06/proof-that-being-an-extra-on-game-of-thrones-is-as-fun-as-it-sounds/

Man I wish I could stand around in that sweet Lannister armor for a couple days.

sforzacio
Nov 6, 2012

That looks rad as hell.

Totes jelly that he got a sweet pic with Natalie Dormer.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Eej posted:

http://uproxx.com/tv/2014/06/proof-that-being-an-extra-on-game-of-thrones-is-as-fun-as-it-sounds/

Man I wish I could stand around in that sweet Lannister armor for a couple days.

Why is everyone involved with GoT an amazing person? I don't think I've ever seen a production where everyone hangs out and is best buds other than LOTR and Harry Potter.

And even those don't really come close to this.

Locke was in Edge of Tomorrow, and he looks exactly the same on the show, but make him hunched over a bit and he's not nearly an menacing. Also Dontos is in it as well.

As for tomorrow, I'd not be surprised if it opens with Thormunds group attacking, them getting all killed except for Thormund, who Jon captures. Then Thormund tells everyone that Jon was totally a Wilding, banged a wildling and gave up intel, leading to him being imprisoned. The Main attack comes, Thorne is killed, and Slynt runs and hides and everyone goes "welp, we need a leader, lets get Jon" and he's freed leads them to victory. Episode 10 will have Jon being elected Lord Commander.

At some point I hope Tywin is reminded that he is directly responsible for the death of 2 of Doran's siblings, and how Dorne is a place where revenge is a popular past time.

Narmi
Feb 26, 2008
Have Val and Dalla been written out? Jon "capturing" Val was kinda important in the story since she's the one that finds and brings the wildlings that escaped Stannis back, though Tormund could very well take her role since he's on the other side of the Wall already.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

twistedmentat posted:

Why is everyone involved with GoT an amazing person?
Speaking of which, what happened to the guy who played the Mountain in season one?

:v:

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

twistedmentat posted:

Why is everyone involved with GoT an amazing person? I don't think I've ever seen a production where everyone hangs out and is best buds other than LOTR and Harry Potter.

The cast for the Walking Dead sounds pretty chummy. They always talk about the sendoff dinners and tearful goodbyes when someone gets killed off.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Picard Day posted:

poo poo that depressingly makes more sense to me, at least. I hadn't thought of that. Grey Worm will be leading part of the army in the battle of meereen and probably has further stuff to do but Missandei doesn't so much. I mean ideally they wouldn't kill off anybody because they're already starved for characters anyone gives a poo poo about in Essos. Maybe they're cutting down for the Dornish and FAegon's crew, Vic/euron which will be a whole buncha new guys to introduce.
Betting on the lady getting fridge'd is usually depressingly wise.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

nopantsjack posted:

Betting on the lady getting fridge'd is usually depressingly wise.

What if they reversed that poo poo and had Grey Worm eat it instead and Missandei + barristan go ape poo poo on fools

meristem
Oct 2, 2010
I HAVE THE ETIQUETTE OF STIFF AND THE PERSONALITY OF A GIANT CUNT.

Jerkface posted:

What if they reversed that poo poo and had Grey Worm eat it instead and Missandei + barristan go ape poo poo on fools

What if they reversed that poo poo altogether and decided: hey, we haven't had one single successful relationship in this series where one partner wasn't killed, let's randomly make one?

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

meristem posted:

What if they reversed that poo poo altogether and decided: hey, we haven't had one single successful relationship in this series where one partner wasn't killed, let's randomly make one?

Jaime and Cersei?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Sansa and Uncle Littlefinger are on track.

asvodel
Oct 10, 2012
I think if something happens with grey worm or missandei it will be this season rather than next, because there's not much time covering dany's plotline and a lot of it is devoted to this. The show likes to be pretty self-contained within seasons as far as arcs and foreshadowing are concerned, due to the year long break between seasons where smaller things like this would be forgotten by most.

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

He also cooks the food of his people

twistedmentat posted:

Location shooting over a long stretch of time. You either become friends or the whole thing turns toxic and falls apart.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Lycus posted:

Sansa and Uncle Littlefinger are on track.

I'll be severely disappointed if Littlefinger's story doesn't end with Sansa offing him.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
I'd also be satisfied with a Tyrion or Arya murder of Littlefinger.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

A Steampunk Gent posted:

I'll be severely disappointed if Littlefinger's story doesn't end with Sansa offing him.

Which of course is exactly what he was expecting, so he turns the tables and offs Sansa instead, proving once and for all that Starks are the worst.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Higsian posted:

On the other hand then we couldn't have 'Oh my silly husband, I only ever loved one man; Ned Stark.' which would be pretty baller

Irish Joe posted:

Which of course is exactly what he was expecting, so he turns the tables and offs Sansa instead, proving once and for all that Starks are the worst.

Sansa is like his one blindspot though, he genuinely loves her in his own creeper way and that would fit in with the story's whole overarching 'you get sentimental and you die' theme to a T.

No Dignity fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Jun 7, 2014

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Only Cat, or a reasonable approximation thereof.

meristem
Oct 2, 2010
I HAVE THE ETIQUETTE OF STIFF AND THE PERSONALITY OF A GIANT CUNT.

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Higsian posted:

I'm all for a family reunion and resolving family differences in a constructive way.

Especially Sansa and Arya. I just want them to understand each other. Deciding that no single way of extracting revenge on your father's murderer is better. :3: Then, Arya can go on to being Sansa's personal assassin, or something. :3:

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Littlefinger would die a happy man if Sansa betrays him and becomes a major player.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Littlefinger is the hero of the story and anyone who wants him dead is a big jerk. :colbert:

He's the Xanatos of Westeros.

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

A 10% levy on BAKED GOODS?!

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Sansa is like his one blindspot though

Sansa isn't even his biggest blindspot, it's his refusal to believe in magical poo poo.

Obvious Sophie Turner height joke notwithstanding.

Wallet Inspector
Jun 15, 2012

So the Season 4 Soundtrack preview has been released. Someone in the comments pointed out that Oathkeeper sounds like a good Lady Stoneheart theme. Looks like they're definitely going with Brienne's last AFFC chapter for the Stoneheart reveal. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hd-RBTvLhI4

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Wallet Inspector posted:

So the Season 4 Soundtrack preview has been released. Someone in the comments pointed out that Oathkeeper sounds like a good Lady Stoneheart theme. Looks like they're definitely going with Brienne's last AFFC chapter for the Stoneheart reveal. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hd-RBTvLhI4

That last song owns in your typical finale way.

oswald ownenstein
Jan 30, 2011

KING FAGGOT OF THE SHITPOST KINGDOM

computer parts posted:

That last song owns in your typical finale way.

Agreed. It seems like a up beat feel good version - kind of like the bit we got at the end when the hound and Arya PKd that whole inn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Sansa will turn evil and they'll become a power couple climbing the chaos lattah.

• Locked thread