Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Riosan posted:

I love early Eric stuff, especially the "Who's High Pitch?" call and Richard's You Can't Hurry Love song parody.

As far as American Dreams, there's a reason why people say Eric is cursed when it comes to television shows.

Not if his head explodes during the episode. Then you just get a decent five-season run.

The whole thing about Eric's head exploding was epic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Not if his head explodes during the episode. Then you just get a decent five-season run.

The whole thing about Eric's head exploding was epic.

Is that Fringe?

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

ChaosMonkey posted:

Artie is loving amazing at those quick jabs. My favorite is when they're trying to get Eric to New York and Artie asks "Haven't you always wanted to see the bottom 20 inches of every building?"

Howard: So Eric, you imagine you'll meet Diana Degarmo and it'll be like a "When Harry Met Sally" thing?
Artie: Yeah, "When Scary Met Sally".

A Keg
Jan 7, 2014

by Ralp
I'm curious if anybody here actually still listens to the show with any regularity?

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

A Keg posted:

I'm curious if anybody here actually still listens to the show with any regularity?

I just started listening again when I got a job that allows me to. I listen a day after and skip most of the stuff I don't care about. I'm too spoiled by podcasts to deal with poo poo I don't want to hear.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

A Keg posted:

Pretty much every day during commute hours and, like the poster above me, I will often listen to the previous day's show.

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Waiting for a train, I needed a shit. You won't bee-lieve what happened next

Sand Monster posted:

Pretty much every day during commute hours and, like the poster above me, I will often listen to the previous day's show.
Likewise, I loving hate the hour long interviews though. Boring as gently caress.

Wahhh has actually become a catch-phrase in my flat, you have to do it at exact worst possible moment, like when my girlfriend is watching some gay chick flick and its at the saddest bit you hit it, or when shes moaning about some bill she has to pay.

She does me as well though, i always get a bit of a tear in my eye at baby stuff because ive got a daughter (and im a prat) and she will hit me with a wahhh. Got me today on an episode of only fools and horses where rodney has his baby.

There are 2 forms, the loud wahhhhhhhh!!, and the snippy little quiet wah.

The original : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xw0Uedm04aw (amputee beauty pageant)

lol 'tell it walking honey'

Seaside Loafer fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Jun 7, 2014

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

A Keg posted:

I stopped listening right after Artie left and started again 4 or so months ago. I typically skip the news and any interviews I'm not interested in. I definitely think my time is better spent listening to the hundreds of hours of clip packs on YouTube.

hunter x az
Oct 28, 2003

Bag of Sun Chips posted:

I stopped listening right after Artie left and started again 4 or so months ago. I typically skip the news and any interviews I'm not interested in. I definitely think my time is better spent listening to the hundreds of hours of clip packs on YouTube.

Same situation here

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
In light of Tracy Morgan being involved in a car accident, I went to YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzTX8HDsbfg

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I was listening to old ETM clips, and I came across one in which Howard says to Verne Troyer, ""You're the most famous little person! I'm trying to think one that's more famous than you -- maybe Peter Dinklage, but not really." :ironicat:

edit: This was in 2008, for the record.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
"You need some Vitamin P"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IrWIi3t5bc

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I like Baba Booey. He's great. Wouldn't be the same show without him.

However, it drives me loving nuts when he gets cut off by studio banter, and every time he tries to say what he wants to say, not only does he start saying the EXACT same thing, but he's always starting it with a quick question.

"Do you wanna know something funny about that?"
"Did you know about this?"
"Do you know what I find interesting?"
"Can I tell you something?"
"Can I tell you the other thing that really upsets me about Eric?"

JUST GET TO THE POINT. It's sort of like when he and Howard were talking about the website What Would Tyler Durden Do. Howard gave him poo poo for asking "Do you know who Tyler Durden is?" and not just telling him. I didn't really get Howard's rage then, but I do now. After around 30 years of that sort of thing, I'd be annoyed by it, too.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
"NOBODY'S ever heard of the song 'Don't Stop Me Now' by Queen..." - Howard Stern, King of all Media

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.

Brocktoon posted:

"NOBODY'S ever heard of the song 'Don't Stop Me Now' by Queen..." - Howard Stern, King of all Media

It only has 63 million views on YouTube, so yeah, Howard's right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgzGwKwLmgM

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Brocktoon posted:

When the hell did he say this?

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Robin was talking about some stupid "Top cruising songs" and that was on the list. Howard seemed confused because "No one ever heard of that song." It made a little more sense when she pointed out the list was from the UK.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Brocktoon posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4tVH7BPb-Q

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

EngineerJoe posted:

Robin was talking about some stupid "Top cruising songs" and that was on the list. Howard seemed confused because "No one ever heard of that song." It made a little more sense when she pointed out the list was from the UK.

Now these aren't necessarily my favorite songs, just songs that hold up really great while cruising.

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

New Richard and Sal cooking show. This time sausage and peppers. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=onSIRKrGByQ
Edit: Sal's dad as a special guest.

Burden fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Jun 10, 2014

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
I would pay good money to see Ronnie and Sal's dad in a buddy cop movie

geera
May 20, 2003
"...it's actually called 'America the Beautiful'." - @rqui on "My Country 'Tis of Thee"

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Burden posted:

New Richard and Sal cooking show. This time sausage and peppers. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=onSIRKrGByQ
Edit: Sal's dad as a special guest.

"Each week (or 5 months) we (or just Sal, since Richard was somewhere else entirely) travel the country (from an apartment in New York to Sal's dad's house...in New York) with just our toaster oven (or a completely different one in the two videos)..."

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

I was poor and single for most of my life and a small convention oven (like what Sal is using) is not what I'd call a "toaster over". It's like saying, "Hey! Look what you can make on your dorm room hotplate" but then use a full size stove.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Finally got to the origin of flying ETM with balloons.

:stare: It's finally happening.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Finally got to the origin of flying ETM with balloons.

:stare: It's finally happening.

He's a grumpy dwarf with a five inch cock.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

LOOK AT ME I'm the first flying ewok

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Let me tell you something nice about me... I want to BUTT gently caress Katherine McPhee

Geekslinger
Jan 30, 2005

Howard brought up this morning that they were thinking about moving the show start time to 7am starting next Monday.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Geekslinger posted:

Howard brought up this morning that they were thinking about moving the show start time to 7am starting next Monday.

Will they still be out of the studio at ten sharp?

I know the morning drive shift was always officially 6-10 for everybody, but the fact that Howard and company went so far past that so often really added to the wonder of the show during its best years. They were funnier than everybody else, they were funnier more often than everybody else, and they were funnier longer than everybody else. :smith:

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Waiting for a train, I needed a shit. You won't bee-lieve what happened next

I cant really blame the dude, he is an old kipper now plus being a multi-millionare, if it was me id already be chilling in my seafront house in the bahamas, watching game of thrones, playing the occasional game of online chess, eating out every night and loving my model girlfriend.

He is a bit of a champ for still carrying on at all imo.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Geekslinger posted:

Well Beth is getting older, she deserves a later bedtime.

Geekslinger
Jan 30, 2005

prefect posted:

Will they still be out of the studio at ten sharp?

No he said they would go to 11. Then he was asking the others on their opinions and everyone agreed that they liked that idea. So he told Gary to talk to him after the show.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Oh man, Artie's Johnny Fratto impression is amazing.

I'll tell ya a quick story bout Adrian Greneeeeer, and Jerry Piven!

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Geekslinger posted:

No he said they would go to 11. Then he was asking the others on their opinions and everyone agreed that they liked that idea. So he told Gary to talk to him after the show.

I doubt he'll be able to pull that before a new contract. That's a pretty big change.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
David Arquette seems like a legitimately nice guy, but god drat does he come off as rich, privileged, and retarded when he gets on one of his, "People just need to love each other" rants. That and his teenaged stoner voice make him sound like he's got an actual mental problem.

Did he do anything entertaining on the show when he was an intern? Or was it his pre-existing connection to the show and him lucking into fame that made him a semi-regular guest?

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Oh man, Artie's Johnny Fratto impression is amazing.

I'll tell ya a quick story bout Adrian Greneeeeer, and Jerry Piven!

And in true Artie fashion, it was a recycled impression of Debbie Schlussel.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
A quick aside: one subtle thing that always makes me laugh is when someone says something weird or confusing and in the background, you just hear an off mic Fred go "...hmm?" I don't know why, it just makes me laugh every time.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

How Much Art posted:

A quick aside: one subtle thing that always makes me laugh is when someone says something weird or confusing and in the background, you just hear an off mic Fred go "...hmm?" I don't know why, it just makes me laugh every time.

I like Fred's contributions. The one that immediately comes to mind is when during the first time Gary messed up Baba Looey's name, Fred was shouting in the background.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEZY32dq3CI

"What do you call him?"
"Baba Booey."
"NO!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

EngineerJoe posted:

The real hilarity is that she was reading an article describing an episode of the UK show Top Gear. From like 2006.