Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.
Besides, the next vote would be a bad time to do it, the chances of a tie are too high. You'd want to wait until an odd night to do it, really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Winson_Paine posted:

I am not an expert but telling people you would never ever ever vote for me at final tribal AND urging them to vote me out immediately seems to be a poor plan.

Which of the Durf are you planning on outlasting again?

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

windshipper posted:

I will literally force an abstention if I am forced to vote for you or prop or ice.

Winson_Paine posted:

I am not an expert but telling people you would never ever ever vote for me at final tribal AND urging them to vote me out immediately seems to be a poor plan.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Skinty McEdger posted:

Which of the Durf are you planning on outlasting again?

Two of em, just like they are me. It is the way of things.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

You may think I'm kidding, but I will submit nothing but youtube videos of people farting as my jury votes if those are my choices.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Wet, dirty, nasty, stinky farts.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Winson_Paine posted:

Two of em, just like they are me. It is the way of things.

Its Ice right? I mean Majuju is a threat because he keeps winning challenges, and Byers is smarter than you, and it's not Prop because she's pretty good at the manipulation. So it's Ice right?

I mean you got his best mate in the game voted out so it's only fair.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

windshipper posted:

You may think I'm kidding, but I will submit nothing but youtube videos of people farting as my jury votes if those are my choices.

I don't actually, but I don't think you have thought your threat through. Admittedly I am not the best long term planner, but saying you would vote for no one if a given three are picked just like, reduces the size of the jury. Instead of nine guys voting, it is eight. You abstaining would actually fix the math possible with like, a 3-3-3 split or if it is a final two a 5-5 split. I believe you would do it, it just doesn't seem the best vengeance related course.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Which was the best course of action you took towards the win Winson. Was it backstab number one or number two?

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Skinty McEdger posted:

Its Ice right? I mean Majuju is a threat because he keeps winning challenges, and Byers is smarter than you, and it's not Prop because she's pretty good at the manipulation. So it's Ice right?

I mean you got his best mate in the game voted out so it's only fair.

I still like to think I would make the final three, so honestly pick two of those from the list? Long term planning is not my long suit. I'll get voted out when I get voted out, or others will. So it goes.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I mean the sad thing here is you don't even realise how much you were outplayed, you actually think you're still the master of your own fate.

I mean me, Winds and Luck we know we got outplayed and know we lost this, but you're holding on to this thin sliver of hope that you know you did well and you played this one smart.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Winson_Paine posted:

I don't actually, but I don't think you have thought your threat through. Admittedly I am not the best long term planner, but saying you would vote for no one if a given three are picked just like, reduces the size of the jury. Instead of nine guys voting, it is eight. You abstaining would actually fix the math possible with like, a 3-3-3 split or if it is a final two a 5-5 split. I believe you would do it, it just doesn't seem the best vengeance related course.

It has nothing to do with vengeance. I just straight up don't want to pick any of them or you. It's not even an issue of picking the lesser of the evils, I just don't want to be involved if that's the case.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Skinty McEdger posted:

I mean the sad thing here is you don't even realise how much you were outplayed, you actually think you're still the master of your own fate.

I mean me, Winds and Luck we know we got outplayed and know we lost this, but you're holding on to this thin sliver of hope that you know you did well and you played this one smart.

You guys are still in the game? I mean, y'all are posting and stuff. Don't give up yet.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

windshipper posted:

It has nothing to do with vengeance. I just straight up don't want to pick any of them or you. It's not even an issue of picking the lesser of the evils, I just don't want to be involved if that's the case.

Oh, well, that is totally fair.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Winson_Paine posted:

You guys are still in the game? I mean, y'all are posting and stuff. Don't give up yet.

You're right. I have as much chance of winning this game as you do.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

windshipper posted:

Fast Luck never was a very smart ally, to be fair.
That's not fair.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Skinty McEdger posted:

You're right. I have as much chance of winning this game as you do.

That's the spirit!

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Skinty McEdger posted:

I mean me, Winds and Luck we know we got outplayed and know we lost this
I actually don't think I got outplayed, I think some weird freak typhoon hit the game and a bunch of weird poo poo happened while I was playing just fine.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Fast Luck posted:

That's not fair.

Yes it is. Your idiot plan about, "Hey guys, let's PM majuju to tell him that he's safe! Then he'll double think it and play his idol!"

That's what byers was doing with you, so you thought it'd work on majuju?

That, and you thought that PMing someone that would make them keep it to themselves is only explained by byers doing that to YOU and YOU keeping it to yourself.

What the christ, dude.

Fast Luck posted:

I actually don't think I got outplayed, I think some weird freak typhoon hit the game and a bunch of weird poo poo happened while I was playing just fine.

You got outplayed by byers, majuju, prop, and ice.

Admit it.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

windshipper posted:

Yes it is. Your idiot plan about, "Hey guys, let's PM majuju to tell him that he's safe! Then he'll double think it and play his idol!"

That's what byers was doing with you, so you thought it'd work on majuju?
I played my idol on me, didn't I? How do you know Majuju wouldn't have played his? Ffs. And even, I had that crazy "decide in tribal council" idea, and on top of that, those were all just ideas and none of those things make me a bad ally.

windshipper posted:

You got outplayed by byers, majuju, prop, and ice.

Admit it.
And if Winson didn't make an irrational flip, did I get outplayed by those people? I mean, what you're saying relies entirely on Winson's decision being sound but it's not.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

I bet you drive by motorvehicle collisions that involve fatalities and white sheets over dead bodies and giggle to yourself, don't you?

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Winson_Paine posted:

That's the spirit!

It's Ice isn't it?

Though Ice and Majuju are pretty tight and I'm not sure that either would want to be left in a situation where they're outnumbered by you and Byers.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Wait what am I doing?

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Hey Byers who is Winson going to outlast?

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Fast Luck posted:

I played my idol on me, didn't I?

You did! Stupidly, too!

posted:

How do you know Majuju wouldn't have played his? Ffs.

Because he's not a gibbering baboon.

posted:

And even, I had that crazy "decide in tribal council idea," and on top of that, those were all just ideas and none of those things make me a bad ally.

The fact that you thought those were GOOD ideas certainly did! Especially considering you pitched the majuju idea to me and I shut it down. So you then pitched it to skinty after that.

posted:

And if Winson didn't make an irrational flip, did I get outplayed by those people? I mean, what you're saying relies entirely on Winson's decision being sound but it's not.

They played winson and flipped him. The fact that you argued that winson would not flip on us at all, logically sound as to his reasons or not, make us ALL outplayed.

The fact that we CHOSE WINSON and figured he'd stay loyal makes us all outplayed.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Oh yeah, and gently caress you Prop and Ice double. That final 4 plan would have worked awesomely. Instead you're going to get yourselves hosed at one point or another by your allies now instead of wrecking this game with skinty and I.

Oh, yeah, you can say that you couldn't trust us, but enjoy the cannibalization. Instead of throwing everything into disarray, working together, and ending up with that majority, you decided to be assholes.

"Hey guys, sorry we hosed you, but hopefully you understand our need to hedge our bets!" And then you come into the thread and say that you did it because you couldn't trust us, after writing that in the doc we made?

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest your beds for a thousand nights.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

OK confessional time, this is part of a plan. Cena told me in a PM as my information from that challenge that if someone got zero votes on the jury, they would win. It is like playing spades and winning by getting a full run. Tricky.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

windshipper posted:

You did! Stupidly, too!
Not that stupidly. You and Skint voted against me.

windshipper posted:

The fact that you thought those were GOOD ideas certainly did! Especially considering you pitched the majuju idea to me and I shut it down. So you then pitched it to skinty after that.
Yeah, because he came into the doc and asked about it??

windshipper posted:

They played winson and flipped him. The fact that you argued that winson would not flip on us at all, logically sound as to his reasons or not, make us ALL outplayed.

The fact that we CHOSE WINSON and figured he'd stay loyal makes us all outplayed.
Whatever. There's nothing stupid about thinking someone will play to their own interests.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

windshipper posted:

"Hey guys, sorry we hosed you, but hopefully you understand our need to hedge our bets!" And then you come into the thread and say that you did it because you couldn't trust us, after writing that in the doc we made?

This is literally the exact same thing you did and said to me when you voted out Andy.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Fast Luck posted:

Not that stupidly. You and Skint voted against me.

:laffo:

Holy poo poo are you justifying the use of your idol because you got two votes?

posted:

Yeah, because he came into the doc and asked about it??

Because we wanted you to shut up about it. You kept pressing it. In addition, the urgency with which you kept pressing that we contact majuju gave us reason to think that you were in cahoots (along with the MILLION of other things I laid out).

posted:

Whatever. There's nothing stupid about thinking someone will play to their own interests.

How does keeping quiet in that situation play to his own interests?

:allears:

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Winson_Paine posted:

OK confessional time, this is part of a plan. Cena told me in a PM as my information from that challenge that if someone got zero votes on the jury, they would win. It is like playing spades and winning by getting a full run. Tricky.

Maybe you might outlast Majuju, I mean I doubt Byers really wants to risk him being in the final three, it's not even that he can win challenges but he is genuinely a likeable guy. I mean I tipped him from an early stage to win the whole thing, and Byers is pretty smart, he's got to know that he can't win against him in the jury stage.

Yeah I could see that.

Ice and Majuju.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

What the gently caress is going on?

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

This is literally the exact same thing you did and said to me when you voted out Andy.

Nah. We were doing it to prevent a pagonging.

You were hedging your bets that Winson wouldn't vote with you. And then you come into the thread and say, "Oh, we just couldn't trust you!" instead of admitting that you were doing it to play us.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

Seriously you guys played it well. I have no problems with you, you worked it well and you got a good result. More power to you.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Skinty McEdger posted:

Seriously you guys played it well. I have no problems with you, you worked it well and you got a good result. More power to you.

You did do it really well. I'll grant you that. In another day or two when it's less raw, I'll probably be feeling better about it, but right now? gently caress that.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Fast Luck posted:

What the gently caress is going on?

The knives are coming out, I think.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Also, no, hell no. It's the rubbing it in in the doc and then the outright denial of doing that in the thread. No. gently caress that.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

In addition, you joined the alliance to gently caress us over. You didn't do it with good intentions and then realize what was happening. You did it JUST to gently caress us over. gently caress that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Winson_Paine posted:

The knives are coming out, I think.

I mean Byers must love having you on his side for the inevitable happens. You're already used to voting Durf, it won't be strange for you at all. The others might have a moments hesitation or a second of doubt, but you, you'd vote Durf in a second.

And the best part? You don't even need to make a new vote for Prop, you can just reuse the one you already made.

• Locked thread