Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

windshipper posted:

Winston, the only way you will get my vote is if you gently caress over any two of those remaining durfs with such prejudice and such ferocity that the world but marvels at it. These past few times you've done it so non-chalantly. I want some malice aforethought involved now

This also goes out to all durfs remaining.

If you want my vote, I want to see some motherfucking malice aforethought. I want to see someone so absolutely blindsided that blood is shed.

Then, THEN, you have my vote.

But it has to be against another durf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.

windshipper posted:

This also goes out to all durfs remaining.

If you want my vote, I want to see some motherfucking malice aforethought. I want to see someone so absolutely blindsided that blood is shed.

Then, THEN, you have my vote.

But it has to be against another durf.

Like what would qualify, I guess?

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Winson_Paine posted:

Winson I'm going to do you a deal straight up. Scots honour.

If you are in the final two against anyone but Byers I will vote for you. If you are in the final with Byers I will vote for him.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Winson_Paine posted:

Complete and utter blindside while lying to their face the entire time.

What you've done to us.

Except find a way to make it even more entertaining. You've done this sooooo lackadaisically until now. Now you have to do it with some effort.

Make them believe the entire time. Make them trust you the entire time. Make them tell you secrets. Make them BELIEVE WHOLEHEARTEDLY that you have that final three with them. Nay, final 2.

Then gently caress them over.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Then, and ONLY then, will I guarantee a vote.

Psychotic Puggle
May 21, 2012

When I'm dead, just throw me in the trash!
:suspense:

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

See, Winson, the problem is, is that everyone else has TRIED to gently caress others over. You've just kind of gone with the wind. You didn't even think through loving us over clearly.

Now, you have to show me that you mean it. Do it right. I'm sorry if that's more effort than you're able to expend, I actually am. You have a kid and all. But if you're going to keep loving me over time and time again, then if you want my vote, you have to actually try.

THAT I will respect.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
So wait, you're asking someone to gently caress a bunch of people over and lose all their votes, to gain your one?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

this is very un-chill, very un-byob

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Majuju posted:

So wait, you're asking someone to gently caress a bunch of people over and lose all their votes, to gain your one?

You're goddamn right.

I'm saying that of those of you left, you, Ice, and Prop have worked the hardest to actively gently caress us over.

If the other two want my vote, they have to actively work hard to gently caress others over. I have to believe that they want it. And no, loving over Winson doesn't count. He's easy to gently caress over. He bought in, stupidly, to an agreement that is loving him over to start with.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

And you, only barely, have worked to actively gently caress us over, Majuju. You barely cross the line.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

The only exception being that you can prove to me that you've done more than what I know you've done.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

John Cena posted:

this is very un-chill, very un-byob

So is rubbing it in privately and then publicly denying it and trying to argue that it was just because you couldn't trust us two. Meanwhile, you still rubbed the betrayal in privately and admitted to it there.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

windshipper posted:

So is rubbing it in privately and then publicly denying it and trying to argue that it was just because you couldn't trust us two. Meanwhile, you still rubbed the betrayal in privately and admitted to it there.

Seriously man, take a break from the computer. It is only a game and it doesn't really matter.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Fair point. I've just been made an idiot of and haven't taken it well. It is a game and I got outplayed.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Windy.

Man, here's the thing.

Every tribal, you HAVE to "gently caress somebody over." That's the name of the game. You have to gently caress them over, and you have to hope to god they don't hate you SO THOROUGHLY that they'll refuse to vote for you to win.

I've been playing a very, very paranoid game. For me, it's impossible not to see how somebody could be angling to gently caress me over (as you may recall from our conversation earlier), and my natural counter is to prevent getting dry-hosed. Getting hosed, truly hosed, is how you lose.

This is why I absolutely maintain that we did not gently caress you. I was honestly surprised to see that you and Skinty did, in fact vote for Fast Luck. Heck, it made me a bit...happy. Since we got the vote off of you two, it seemed like the door COULD still be open.

But, well, you've made your thoughts very very clear. It hurts. It hurts knowing that you just made a buddy out of somebody who really didn't like you, and now suddenly they like you even less than before and there's not a loving thing you can do or say to make it better. It hurts to see in such a raw way that, yes, you lied, and yes, they're very hurt. You just have to remember that everybody, to some extent, checks their morals at the door in order to play this thing.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
One other thing, I guess.

Going back and re-reading the shitstorm of the last few pages, something that strikes me is that Windy accepts nothing and accuses the hell out of the motivations of others, especially mine.

Look. You do not have telepathy, and you obviously don't have it on me. You simply cannot sit there and say that I talked to you for hours last night, and hours today, with the sole intention of misdirecting you and screwing you.

The only thing you can assume is that I want to win this thing. That's the only thing I assume out of any other castaway. It's called game theory.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

windshipper posted:

MOTHERFUCKING LAUNDRY DAY

Who's got questions?!

:munch: what did you think of toy story 2 :munch:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

With the restoration of Archives, for more ultimate betrayals, I invite you to read through Awful Survivor: Goons With Spoons!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Awful Brother is non-archived and has been available to read this entire time. :(

It also involved a hefty amount of betrayal.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

:munch: You guys might have ultimate betrays, but S4 had ultimate bet-rays :munch:

E: Also lol at this post in context

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Asiina posted:

:munch: I'd say it involved just the right amount of betrayal :smug: :munch:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Rarity posted:

:munch: I'd say it involved just the right amount of betrayal :smug: :munch:

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Propaganda Machine posted:

Windy.

Man, here's the thing.

Every tribal, you HAVE to "gently caress somebody over." That's the name of the game. You have to gently caress them over, and you have to hope to god they don't hate you SO THOROUGHLY that they'll refuse to vote for you to win.

I've been playing a very, very paranoid game. For me, it's impossible not to see how somebody could be angling to gently caress me over (as you may recall from our conversation earlier), and my natural counter is to prevent getting dry-hosed. Getting hosed, truly hosed, is how you lose.

This is why I absolutely maintain that we did not gently caress you. I was honestly surprised to see that you and Skinty did, in fact vote for Fast Luck. Heck, it made me a bit...happy. Since we got the vote off of you two, it seemed like the door COULD still be open.

But, well, you've made your thoughts very very clear. It hurts. It hurts knowing that you just made a buddy out of somebody who really didn't like you, and now suddenly they like you even less than before and there's not a loving thing you can do or say to make it better. It hurts to see in such a raw way that, yes, you lied, and yes, they're very hurt. You just have to remember that everybody, to some extent, checks their morals at the door in order to play this thing.

Yeah, I'm sorry. It was just the raw emotion at the time, you know?

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Especially because from all looks, it looked like you guys were just using us, and that's how it felt. vOv

Everyone's gonna get hosed at some point, and it was just my turn.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

John Cena posted:

With the restoration of Archives, for more ultimate betrayals, I invite you to read through Awful Survivor: Goons With Spoons!

Man, has it really been a year since S2? Time flies when you're pulling rocks.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Propaganda Machine posted:

Windy.

Man, here's the thing.

Also, on a side note, I didn't hate you before, either. vOv Still don't now.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Asiina posted:

Awful Brother is non-archived and has been available to read this entire time. :(

I was gonna goldmine that and then saw where it was already.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Winson_Paine posted:

I was gonna goldmine that and then saw where it was already.

Also on a related note, people should PM me when big neat things like this conclude.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Winson_Paine posted:

Also on a related note, people should PM me when big neat things like this conclude.

End Modmode, resume yelling.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Winson_Paine posted:

End Modmode, resume yelling.

What's your mod mode voice like?

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

:munch: this is a Good Season. Also S2 and S4 were the best seasons though :twisted: :munch:

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Skinty McEdger posted:

What's your mod mode voice like?

Sort of like a sheep bleating GUUUUYS STOOOOP THAAAAAAT over and over

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Asiina posted:

So do people really hate each other after these things, or do folks generally let it go post game?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Winson_Paine posted:

So do people really hate each other after these things, or do folks generally let it go post game?

Wow.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Winson_Paine posted:

I think in general people let it go.

I know in my case I was really mad at Rarity for betraying me and I wrote my jury question to be as bitter as possible, but basically as soon as the game was over we talked it out and I forgave her and we're friends again.

I screwed over capps and Jake pretty bad, but as far as I can tell there's no hard feelings anymore for me.

If any of us play the game again together I'm sure none of us will trust each other, but I don't think there's any anger left there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Yeah, we had an alliance Day 1 and we basically screwed over every single person in the game to make it to the end together, but at final 4 she got paranoid I would either win or betray her so she betrayed me instead and voted me out.

It was okay though cause it cost her the game :v:

• Locked thread