Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Hurp Durp Master posted:

But its unfair if a player is legitimately trying to reform and not cheat.

Does anyone actually do this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RyceCube
Dec 22, 2003

Xenaero posted:

Does anyone actually do this?

They probably had the hack running still by accident.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

kaschei posted:

If that's the goal they should make VAC bans time-based and should still ban alternate accounts that are created before the ban expires.

They're already time-based. I once played with a guy whose profile had a notice that he had been VAC-banned three years before. Ironically (not really) he spent the whole match whiningly hackusating the enemy MVP :v:

Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax

NihilCredo posted:

They're already time-based. I once played with a guy whose profile had a notice that he had been VAC-banned three years before. Ironically (not really) he spent the whole match whiningly hackusating the enemy MVP :v:

They're not. VAC bans are on a per engine (or per game) basis and are permaneant, they don't even let you know why you were banned, the VAC ban counter on the profile is a somewhat more recent thing that doesn't serve that much of a purpose other than to let people know how long it's been since they hacked/cheated.

As someone who is VAC banned, VAC bans are kind of a "you're never going to play this game (or games on this engine) ever again, deal with it" so I'm not surprised his other accounts got hit as well for CS:GO.

Plum Chaser fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Jun 7, 2014

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

Babyface Mingo posted:

They're not. VAC bans are on a per engine (or per game) basis and are permaneant, they don't even let you know why you were banned, the VAC ban counter on the profile is a somewhat more recent thing that doesn't serve that much of a purpose other than to let people know how long it's been since they hacked/cheated.

Huh, I thought one of the main selling points of VAC was that it was a universal ban for all games that supported it. So that guy must have been cheating in a different game, you say?

Hurp Durp Master
Oct 10, 2011

NihilCredo posted:

Huh, I thought one of the main selling points of VAC was that it was a universal ban for all games that supported it. So that guy must have been cheating in a different game, you say?

Yeah, he could have been cheating in call of duty for all you know, MW2 and upwards run off of VAC I believe. Maybe not black ops. I know for sure modern warfare ones do. You can also get dumb false positives for using graphical enhance mods for Half-Life 1 among other things

Hurp Durp Master fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Jun 7, 2014

Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax

NihilCredo posted:

It's not really surprising, a lot of people seem to be misinformed on VAC just because of how obscure most of it is. The person could be banned from any game that supports VAC and it'll show up as a red flag on their profile. The only games that are on a per engine basis (and therefore a VAC Ban on one of these games counts as a VAC Ban for multiple games) are some of Valve's own titles - I'm banned from TF2 and I can't play CS:S, DoD:S and HL2 mods. One of the more recent bad VAC shenanigans was with Dark Souls 2, as From Software decided to enable VAC on it and for some reason imported the entire VAC Ban list into Dark Souls 2, meaning people banned from CS 1.6 however many years ago couldn't play DKS2 online even though there was no prior warning of this.

There's also a lot of player ran servers on various games that will not allow you to play if you have a VAC Ban for whatever reason, because of course if you hacked once you're going to be hacking all the time v:v:v

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Babyface Mingo posted:

There's also a lot of player ran servers on various games that will not allow you to play if you have a VAC Ban for whatever reason, because of course if you hacked once you're going to be hacking all the time v:v:v

A new player in goonpug destroying people and having a vac banned profile would certainly be targetted in an investigation where mediocre player's review demos and make comments about the new player's grenade usage.

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS
What are the funniest engines you can get vac banned for? I'd like to decorate my profile

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.
Getting yourself banned from csgo would be hilarious for us, so try that.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

Babyface Mingo posted:

That is pretty sensible, actually. There's no shortage of clean players.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Gimmick smurfing is fun. I have a smurf that only buys Mag-7's and Sawed offs. It is a lot of fun to be sneaky beaky like instead of holding angles and being tactical and poo poo. If I were to MM with those weapons on my main I would get torn up something fierce and not have fun. There is a gap of 6 ranks and I play both accounts often.

Carrier
May 12, 2009

The sawed off is still the second best gun in the game only narrowly beaten by the scout.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

Babyface Mingo posted:

One of the more recent bad VAC shenanigans was with Dark Souls 2, as From Software decided to enable VAC on it and for some reason imported the entire VAC Ban list into Dark Souls 2, meaning people banned from CS 1.6 however many years ago couldn't play DKS2 online even though there was no prior warning of this.

I think this is funny and great. Good job VAC.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

I would love a universal anticheat that bans a computer from every single PC game worth anything. gently caress you for cheating.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

noted ex-hacker 'vac bans on record' Shadowlz posted:

I would love a universal anticheat that bans a computer from every single PC game worth anything. gently caress you for cheating.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
I'm sorry for using IDDQD back in the day

Amber Alert
Aug 28, 2009

fuk cyka

Shadowlz posted:

The death penalty in the eyes of every 13 year old kid with google. I like it.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

mcvey posted:

Taking bets now on who's gonna get VAC'd in our group.

so yeah the reason I've not been playing the past few days.......

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

No exceptions. I have also built 3 new computers and moved 3 times since then. If the UAC(Universal Anti-Cheat) was in effect I probably wouldn't of risked it either. It's a very good deterrent. Maybe instead of hardware bans it just bans your social security number. Now that would be a good drat anti-cheat.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

Shadowlz posted:

No exceptions. I have also built 3 new computers and moved 3 times since then. If the UAC(Universal Anti-Cheat) was in effect I probably wouldn't of risked it either. It's a very good deterrent. Maybe instead of hardware bans it just bans your social security number. Now that would be a good drat anti-cheat.

If you want to game, you have to have a chip installed which decodes your DNA and uses it as a key. So even if you get a new chip installed, you would have the same key. Then to play any game ever, you need to use the key. Get banned, and you never get to play any game ever.

Gaming is serious business.

CancerStick
Jun 3, 2011

Apogee15 posted:

If you want to game, you have to have a chip installed which decodes your DNA and uses it as a key. So even if you get a new chip installed, you would have the same key. Then to play any game ever, you need to use the key. Get banned, and you never get to play any game ever.

Then overwatch bans you and you don't hack.

insomne
Nov 26, 2007

unrestrained rhythms.
Once a cheater, always a cheater. No one's getting any sympathy from me for global bans if they're actually happening. Good job, Valve!

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Apogee15 posted:

Finally an uncontroversial use for aborted fetuses: evading VAC bans.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Ex-OGC users safe zone

Also that screen cap of the guy posting about getting all his accounts banned reads like a total honeypot

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Smol posted:

I'm sorry for using IDDQD back in the day

IDCHOPPERS + IDMUS 19 or go home.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
FMPONE pls provide the loyal(spiteful) goons with a test copy of the new season to test out on goonmans!! It looks realll nice.

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

Bitches ain't shit but genejacks & synths
God I hate how comp is an absolute crapshoot with whether or not I'll play with retards on my team and lose or play w/ decent dudes and win.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
Someone just did this to my team in my most recent MM session:

... I suppose that it'd be good to do when you want to be an rear end in a top hat, I guess...

(fyi I ended up winning the round anyway)

Love Stole the Day fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Jun 8, 2014

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot

8bitlawd posted:

God I hate how comp is an absolute crapshoot with whether or not I'll play with retards on my team and lose or play w/ decent dudes and win.

Same. Just played a match where 3/5 teammates spoke no English. We lost horribly.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Who codes a game where gunshots happen before movement is updated? smh..

#1990sNetcodeSupremacy

Shogunner
Apr 29, 2010

Ready to crash and burn.
I never learn.
I'm on the rapetrain.

8bitlawd posted:

i dont know if this is the place for this but you dont have messages

are you the guy who was loving his adopted sister from facepunch.com??

Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Shogunner posted:

i dont know if this is the place for this but you dont have messages

are you the guy who was loving his adopted sister from facepunch.com??

This is going to be good. :munch:

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
You can adopt sisters from facepunch.from?

Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax
goonmans...

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I wish 3rd person could be toggled individually, it would be nice to try for a Goonman or two. Also apparently even tho I am ambidextrous, I need to play the game left handed like Ephedra. I feel ashamed. It's not lawful under the Quran. My moon god does not approve.

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

Pon de Bundy posted:

I wish 3rd person could be toggled individually, it would be nice to try for a Goonman or two. Also apparently even tho I am ambidextrous, I need to play the game left handed like Ephedra. I feel ashamed. It's not lawful under the Quran. My moon god does not approve.

You can toggle it individually but then you could use it to perfect peek corners and poo poo.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Third person in CS:GO will be a huge advantage for CTs. Being able to remain unseen and behind cover while pre-aiming at enemies encourages passive play and greatly tilts the odds in favor of the defending team. It's just too easily exploitable.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Third person in CS:GO will be a huge advantage for CTs. Being able to remain unseen and behind cover while pre-aiming at enemies encourages passive play and greatly tilts the odds in favor of the defending team. It's just too easily exploitable.

This is why T's now get grenade launchers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

Babyface Mingo posted:

"Hey guys sorry for cheating in last weeks poker game. Oh, I see you're playing Omaha Hi/Lo this week. Thats great I never cheated at that. Where's my seat?" Get absolutely hosed.

• Locked thread