Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

F along with: Smirk and reply "If you think to make me less threatening you had best remove my hands as well."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Apollo
Jan 1, 2013
F

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -
powered by dark
oriental magic :roboluv:
F

Diogenes, did we tell the captive about the message from the Melachim so that they would sow panic in the ranks, or at least made ELs displeasure known?

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
F

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

ShotgunWillie posted:

F

Diogenes, did we tell the captive about the message from the Melachim so that they would sow panic in the ranks, or at least made ELs displeasure known?

That did not get enough support, so no.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

There Bias Two posted:

F along with: Smirk and reply "If you think to make me less threatening you had best remove my hands as well."

F and this.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
F without threats, just quiet confidence.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

F and no smartass remark.

gnarl
Jul 28, 2010
Soiled Meat
Just F

If we hand over all of our weapons, he will find out that we have Saul's sword. If he mentions that to the king before we speak to him he might not be receptive to our (El's) warning. I wonder if we should say something about that to him.

gnarl fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Jun 7, 2014

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
G. Glare at the man and say with a slightly raised voice "who do you think you are, to place your demands on El's messengers? Summon your King, or I will shout the message this instant for all your troops to hear".

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

F

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
Yeah, sure, F works, though E's fine too. Either way, no sense in being anything but cooperative right now, we might need any ounce of good intent we can muster in a minute, and being armed isn't going to make any difference.

Shame about not being focused enough of the captive votes. If we were going to get rid of them we ought to have at least done the whole 'sew discord' thing. Still would have preferred handing them over though.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

F.

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.
F and don't suggest he cut off our hands because foreshadowing

Question: Do we have our lucky knife tucked away with us somewhere?

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
I believe part of this exchange is about asserting dominance. These people have never seen us before, and know nothing about our capabilities. All they know is that we are larger than any King they've ever seen, and that they've got us outnumbered. Giving away our weapons to them is an implicit agreement to surrender. It will the dispel the illusion we've got going for us that we are Blooded enough to slay every common man on the battlefield without even breaking a sweat.

gnarl posted:

If we hand over all of our weapons, he will find out that we have Saul's sword. If he mentions that to the king before we speak to him he might not be receptive to our (El's) warning. I wonder if we should say something about that to him.

"Prince Saul is part of the reason I stand here before you today. He could be made to see reason*. He symbolically surrendered by giving me his sword**; then he went home***". We get to be the mysterious stranger for a change.

* Dead people technically can't object to anything.
** Technically, death is a form of surrender.
*** Technically, Olam Haba is home.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
F, but tell them to bug out if things go south. Just flee. We don't need no stinkin' spear. We used our bare hands on the demon. Pretty sure a wicked king is mushier.

E: I'm a little worried about the freed men telling people about what we did and alerting the enemy to our separated balls.

Arkanomen fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Jun 7, 2014

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
1. G - Hand your weapons to your Balls, then crush the captain's head with your hands. Pick up his corpse and wield it like a club. Go see the king and bludgeon all who try to stop you.

Jester Mcgee
Mar 28, 2010

A lot of things have happened to me over my life.

F

Fights between blooded folk don't come down to weapons. It's all power word El and punching.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

If it comes down to it we could probably arm ourselves pretty easily in a camp full of soldiers.

Cornuto
Jun 26, 2012

For the pack!
F (except Jobe comes with us.)

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Zybourne Clock posted:

I believe part of this exchange is about asserting dominance. These people have never seen us before, and know nothing about our capabilities. All they know is that we are larger than any King they've ever seen, and that they've got us outnumbered. Giving away our weapons to them is an implicit agreement to surrender. It will the dispel the illusion we've got going for us that we are Blooded enough to slay every common man on the battlefield without even breaking a sweat.

Alternately, exactly the opposite. Tudiya never needs weapons to gently caress poo poo up.

ArbitraryTA
May 3, 2011
F

We can be civil.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Give him our weapons and then, as he turns away trusting in our harmlessness USE OUR DEMONIC POWERS TO TURN OUR HANDS INTO HORRIBLY FANGED MOUTHS SO THAT WE CAN RIP HIS THROAT OUT. WITH OUR BARE, FLESH-GUZZLING HANDS

Also, Hey Snarls,; Do you happen to smell anything particularly delicious coming from the camp's cookstoves? What do you smell coming from the city? Any difference?

Also, go steal some kick rear end food for us, Snarls

Slaan fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Jun 7, 2014

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
F train, choo choo

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

F no smart rear end remarks, also bring Jobe.

Walrusmaster
Sep 21, 2009

Theparker posted:

seconded

Schwza
Apr 28, 2008

Theparker posted:

Yes

Aades
Nov 28, 2005

Guns Up!

G: "I am on a mission from El and shall not be accosted. The only spear you may have is in my pants. Turn around and bend over and I will deposit it."

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

Zybourne Clock posted:

"Prince Saul is part of the reason I stand here before you today. He could be made to see reason*. He symbolically surrendered by giving me his sword**; then he went home***". We get to be the mysterious stranger for a change.

* Dead people technically can't object to anything.
** Technically, death is a form of surrender.
*** Technically, Olam Haba is home.

The survivors that fled are probably here. They have probably been interviewed by a King or three that can probably read minds, or will have at the very least vigorously asked them about their leader and his son.

Maybe none of that has happened, but we need to imagine that it did.

We are not going to dominate what is the largest army currently in the field in Ur. We are not going to trick the Three Kings. Those things are pretty unlikely to happen.

Heart Full of El.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Theparker posted:

+1

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Theparker posted:

This

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -