Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Bashez posted:

Can I get the assassin amp for stalker through PVP or will I need to grind out the reputation for it.
https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/52452-amp-locations-open-beta-and-beyond/

tldr: No, you need to grind the rep for it or hope that someone puts one up on the market.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

JayMax posted:

Is there an alt guild on Warbringer or can you have more than one character in Goon Squad?
Yeah there's an alt guild, for now use "/chjoin lljk" in game and pester me or someone else who's on. If you haven't joined any other custom channels it will go in as the /1 channel. Or just hang out there because it's a channel for everyone between the two guilds and there's not much going on in alt guild land anyway. We don't have room for alts in the main guild and doublestep is looking at purging inactives just to get everyone's main in there.

Syrek
Jan 13, 2010

Meeeeeeeeehhh
I dunno 'bout that

WastedJoker posted:

As an EU player, is there a decent sized EU group playing this?

Super chill decent sized goon presence on Contagion (PVP) Dominion side if that's okay for you.
:getin:

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Does anyone know why the PVP Scoreboards are just completely inaccurate? Like I've double-checked a few games now and counted specifically my deaths to make sure, and in many cases it is doubling and tripling the listing of "deaths" that I have on the scoreboard. Other games I play full damage or full healing and at the end of the game it records that I have done near-zero amounts of either even though I've been constantly outputting one or the other. Has Carbine commented on this at all? I don't trust a single piece of information listed on the end-game scores.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Libertine posted:

Does anyone know why the PVP Scoreboards are just completely inaccurate? Like I've double-checked a few games now and counted specifically my deaths to make sure, and in many cases it is doubling and tripling the listing of "deaths" that I have on the scoreboard. Other games I play full damage or full healing and at the end of the game it records that I have done near-zero amounts of either even though I've been constantly outputting one or the other. Has Carbine commented on this at all? I don't trust a single piece of information listed on the end-game scores.

I know for a fact that some of the stats carry over from previous games (even some of the previous games' players). It's all kinds of hosed up.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Libertine posted:

I read that the death counter doubles up. I assume the entire thing is busted except my dmg because I'm awesome.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Can't seem to buy scanbot vanity items in illium even though I have enough money and there is only a lvl 1 requirement. Anyone else have this issue?

Sir Neckbeard
Jan 1, 2010

Tinystark, you have a nice house :mrgw:

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster
So the game's been out for a bit and I don't see much in the way of complaining, but a friend and I are thinking about getting into this and guest passes are hard to come by. What's the verdict? Does it look like this game has legs? In a market where WoW and FFXIV exist, does it justify itself?

Oddity
Jun 22, 2003

"This woman here depicted will possess unseen marks. Signs that she will be the one to bring forth my works."

Hobo Siege posted:

So the game's been out for a bit and I don't see much in the way of complaining, but a friend and I are thinking about getting into this and guest passes are hard to come by. What's the verdict? Does it look like this game has legs? In a market where WoW and FFXIV exist, does it justify itself?

Yep it does. Game is fun as hell, and unlike some of the other MMO's that came out this past year, it gets better as you level, not worse.

too much dead rat
Nov 7, 2009

You think you're looking at me through some window, when all you're really doing is looking in a mirror.

Hobo Siege posted:

It's definitely taking a lot of cues from WoW but I think it justifies itself with the combat, the housing, and (arguably) the tone. I haven't played much FFXIV, though.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
World bosses bugging out is probably my biggest gripe about the game at the moment. Fun as gently caress but christ almighty it sucks to beat one and not get credit for doing so.

Oddity
Jun 22, 2003

"This woman here depicted will possess unseen marks. Signs that she will be the one to bring forth my works."

Givin posted:

World bosses bugging out is probably my biggest gripe about the game at the moment. Fun as gently caress but christ almighty it sucks to beat one and not get credit for doing so.

Our zone assembled a ragtag group of level 18-19 heroes to fight some Bug King (seriously like 38 people), but we could never get him to lower than 98% hp before he reset his HP. Kinda annoying! But I know things like that will get fixed. It's a new MMO launch after all.

Syrek
Jan 13, 2010

Meeeeeeeeehhh
I dunno 'bout that
Someone managed to come up with a workaround for the missing API calls for equipment functions and made an equipment manager.

http://www.curse.com/ws-addons/wildstar/221157-mrfancypants

Haven't tried it yet but the idea sounds reasonable.

Smith Comma John
Nov 21, 2007

Human being for president.
Every single time I've been attacked by an Exile out in the world (5-6 times) has been by an Aurin stalker; by this point I just wait for it if I see one of those little turds in the vicinity. Everyone else has just chilled and done their own thing.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Hobo Siege posted:

Yeah, thanks to its unique combat and the quality of some of the other systems like housing, on top of the more ~hardcore~ approach to group content (whether you agree or disagree with this, the fact remains that it fills a niche that other games aren't necessarily doing), it sets itself apart enough from WoW and FF14 to stand on its own. If they can keep up with a reasonable pace of content updates I think it will be around for quite awhile.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
Lopps are the cutest! Here are two on an espionage mission!

Switched.on
Apr 25, 2008
I'm posting to grab a PGI invite I suppose. IGN Reavs

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx

cathead posted:

(one of the better Esper AMPs gives you a damage buff after dashing)

One of the better amps: a 4% damage buff for 5 seconds after you dash. Less damage than you'd get by simply not dashing at all and casting an extra tk strike instead.

That's actually an amp no one should ever take, there's more than enough amps that increase damage without being so conditional that you don't need to resort to it.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Where are Warriors at in terms of group usefulness? Last time I checked they have trouble with threat generation? I feel like I need to take a break from Engineer, and Esper isn't really doing it for me.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

THE PWNER posted:

One of the better amps: a 4% damage buff for 5 seconds after you dash. Less damage than you'd get by simply not dashing at all and casting an extra tk strike instead.

That's actually an amp no one should ever take, there's more than enough amps that increase damage without being so conditional that you don't need to resort to it.

What? You're going to be dashing constantly. Have you not done any group content?

There are certainly better amps for damage (like all of 2nd tier assault) but... you take those as well. It's a far cry from an AMP "no one should ever take". I mean look at some of the other trees.

edit: Not to mention you need it and one other AMP to get B-I-N-G-O, and the only other amp that's anywhere near worth a poo poo in that tier is like maybe No Pain No Gain. It's obviously going to be something you'll wait until you have Elder Gem AMP points to get since you want the assault tree poo poo first, but that doesn't make it a bad AMP.

cathead fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Jun 8, 2014

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Unlucky7 posted:

Where are Warriors at in terms of group usefulness? Last time I checked they have trouble with threat generation? I feel like I need to take a break from Engineer, and Esper isn't really doing it for me.

Warriors seem like straight-up worse tanks than either Stalkers or Engineers, though I don't know how they work out endgame in raiding and such.

However, it's very likely that their threat issues will get worked out before anyone gets to the point of serious raiding, so you should probably play one if you think they're fun.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

CrashCat posted:

Yep, you would not be the first person to get marooned at 48 from what I'm reading. Enjoy your future battleground/adventure/dungeon queues!

The funny thing is that in the early levels its almost excessive the amount of quests you get.

Kamakaze9
Jun 11, 2005
Hey you guys!!
Is there a method to getting a guild invite with the site down? I'm trying to get into Goon Squad.

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.
Yeah, for whatever reason, I enter my logon details at wildstargoons and it doesn't recognise.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
MURDER MODE ENGAGED :banjo:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Is there a way to cancel your own channels other than dodging? I want to be able to use a single tick of Quantum Cascade on my medic and then cancel it.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
Goon Squad is full and has been for days. Join IRC for instructions on how to join the overflow guild.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

cathead posted:

Yeah, thanks to its unique combat and the quality of some of the other systems like housing, on top of the more ~hardcore~ approach to group content (whether you agree or disagree with this, the fact remains that it fills a niche that other games aren't necessarily doing), it sets itself apart enough from WoW and FF14 to stand on its own. If they can keep up with a reasonable pace of content updates I think it will be around for quite awhile.

~hardcore~

Also I`ll need to kick my ex-main eng from the main guild and get my new warrior in. I have to get my poo poo together and lvl a least one char to 50, but its so hard to choose... :bang:

Pigbottom fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Jun 8, 2014

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

told u i was hardcore *plays Wildstar, dies to first dungeon trash pull*

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Doublestep posted:

Goon Squad is full and has been for days. Join IRC for instructions on how to join the overflow guild.

Anyone knows a way (an overlay or something) to get irc in-game?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I'm just here to be a DPS warrior. If that doesn't look like a possibility end game I may as well try going Esper now.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Ularg posted:

I'm just here to be a DPS warrior. If that doesn't look like a possibility end game I may as well try going Esper now.

I do hear that they do pretty good DPS in raiding. Or was that :thejoke:?

Also, anyone who hasn't done so needs to enable "Hold to Continue Casting" from options

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Unlucky7 posted:

I do hear that they do pretty good DPS in raiding. Or was that :thejoke:?

Also, anyone who hasn't done so needs to enable "Hold to Continue Casting" from options

I can vouch for that "Hold to Continue Casting" made my experience with the warrior a 100 times more satisfying.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

The Shortest Path posted:

Is there a way to cancel your own channels other than dodging? I want to be able to use a single tick of Quantum Cascade on my medic and then cancel it.

jump?

lets burn
Nov 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Is wildstar goons site down? I can't connect to it.

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias

lets burn posted:

Is wildstar goons site down? I can't connect to it.

Site is functioning now for most users. Please flush your dns/clear your cache if the problem persists.

too much dead rat
Nov 7, 2009

You think you're looking at me through some window, when all you're really doing is looking in a mirror.
Can I get an invite to the Exiles guild? I'm Lebowski in game.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Regular jumping doesn't seem to do it, but double jumping does. I'll have to test it a bit more but that seems like an excellent way to manage QC for the 1-3 Actuators damage boost amp.

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
I just wanted to let you guys know that the goon site is down. It said it was down for maintenance most of the day and now is not even loading.

• Locked thread