Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pryce
May 21, 2011

Tyma posted:

Is it safe to buy the upgraded riding skill yet? :ohdear:

It will still eat more than its share of gold but will actually give you the skill now. The safe way to do it is to get rid of all except 50 gold (give it to a friend or mail it to an alt) and then buy the upgrade and you should be fine. Did this tonight and it worked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

Well. Huh.

JayMax
Jun 14, 2007

Hard-nosed gentleman

SlayVus posted:

So can someone explan to me how in Galaxy meter I can be 2nd in damage while being 3rd in DPS? Like I can do 10-15K more damage than the 2nd top DPSer, but my DPS is listed like 100 lower than them and I'll still be listed as second in Player Damage Done.

Medic FTW?!

Maybe you were alive longer, so they did their damage over a shorter period?

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

SlayVus posted:

So can someone explan to me how in Galaxy meter I can be 2nd in damage while being 3rd in DPS? Like I can do 10-15K more damage than the 2nd top DPSer, but my DPS is listed like 100 lower than them and I'll still be listed as second in Player Damage Done.

Medic FTW?!

You had more uptime, they did damage faster during their smaller uptime.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

So I was worried for nothing. I hit level 50 with more than a few quests left in West Grimvault.

Does anyone have any suggestions for gearing up now? I'm finishing the quests in Grimvault to get beloved to see if there's any rep gear worth buying. How geared do you have to be for the first Adventures?

RikkiTikkiTavi
Aug 24, 2008

Mushrooman posted:

Didn't see a reply to this. Right now there are optimization problems for AMD systems, so your framerate will be in the toilet regardless of the settings you use. I'd hold off until you see that it's fixed. I preordered (it was a known issue during the beta, but I assumed they'd fix it before launch) and have found myself coming back to the game every few days anyway even though I'm only getting 15 FPS and it looks like my monitor is smeared with chicken grease. It's a lot of fun, but I'd wait until they get the optimization fix out.

Thanks, I'll definitely wait until there's fix out for that.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

Sometimes crafting is total bullshit. Every single one of those additives had the majority of the "pinpoint" inside the one of the variant circle, and they all loving missed.

Oddity
Jun 22, 2003

"This woman here depicted will possess unseen marks. Signs that she will be the one to bring forth my works."

a cat on an apple posted:

Sometimes crafting is total bullshit. Every single one of those additives had the majority of the "pinpoint" inside the one of the variant circle, and they all loving missed.

It took me awhile to pick up the crafting thing. Why did you start with a move that went NE? You want to go NW (Fire+Air) there right off the bat, right?

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

SlayVus posted:

Medic FTW?!

The other person is slower to engage enemies. He does more damage per second of attacking, but you attack for longer per fight getting your first tick of damage sooner and last tick later.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

Oddity posted:

It took me awhile to pick up the crafting thing. Why did you start with a move that went NE? You want to go NW (Fire+Air) there right off the bat, right?

Probably because I shouldn't have loving missed this

It's literally this every single time and I've made tons and tons of Coralscale Sustaineds before and never have I missed with this. The only thing I could have done better was start with Common Aether instead which has a slightly smaller target size but honestly with the ridiculousness of missing with Aether Simplex, I'm sure it would have gone wrong anyway.

Upon missing, I decided, I'll get the Shield Restore, I need that one too, anyway. And the target was more than 50% over it, and missed.

And then I missed Sustained again.

:psyduck:

Propitious Jerk
Sep 13, 2010

a cat on an apple posted:

Probably because I shouldn't have loving missed this

It's literally this every single time and I've made tons and tons of Coralscale Sustaineds before and never have I missed with this. The only thing I could have done better was start with Common Aether instead which has a slightly smaller target size but honestly with the ridiculousness of missing with Aether Simplex, I'm sure it would have gone wrong anyway.

Upon missing, I decided, I'll get the Shield Restore, I need that one too, anyway. And the target was more than 50% over it, and missed.

And then I missed Sustained again.

:psyduck:

Why didn't you select your mats from the diagonal nw dropdown menu? I'm fairly new to crafting but wouldn't the mats in that menu be closer to what you want?

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.

Definitely entering correct credentials. Tried from two different pc's & various browsers :(

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

WastedJoker posted:

Definitely entering correct credentials. Tried from two different pc's & various browsers :(

Hate to ask this, but you are entering your credentials on wsgoons.com, NOT your SA account, right?

Also, rolled as a warrior into the Mordesh/Aurin zone, and holy poo poo is it more awesome than the Granok/Human zone by several degrees.

Seriously, it is cool. When you get there as a Mordesh, you are in this foreboding part of the forest, full of zombies. You eventually get out of there, and the place explodes with color, huge plants, animals in the distance...

Then you realize that everything is insane and trying to kill you, and may in fact be worse than where you just were.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

WastedJoker posted:

Definitely NOT the correct credentials.

Unlucky7 posted:

Hate to ask this, but you are entering your credentials on wsgoons.com, NOT your SA account, right?

This is your problem.

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.
It certainly was :derp:

Cool Blue Reason
Jan 7, 2010

by Lowtax
Well that's 4 attempts at Stormtalon's Lair that have dissolved because the tank died within a few seconds to trash. Am I just getting really unlucky?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

WastedJoker posted:

It certainly was :derp:

I think this should be clarified on the site. I did the same thing before thinking to use the wsgoons account.

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Unlucky7 posted:

I think this should be clarified on the site. I did the same thing before thinking to use the wsgoons account.

Maybe. I should've realised my error considering I had to sign up a similar way for ArchAge goons.

Oh well, I blame being in the middle of night shifts.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

this guy owns

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

Hey Evindra Exile goons. I need a Thicket tier 3. What is this likely to cost me?

I can handle materials, and I hear it's roughly 1 gold in the little adjustment materials. I just need an idea of the likely failure rate.

Get with me tomorrow: I'm grinding out the rest of that tier in crafting and I'll crank one out for you.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Doublestep posted:

I will definitely be looking into warplots (Goon Squad guild leader) but I can't speak for Maxmaps on Evindra (I see no reason why they wouldn't do warplots)

Most of us are stuck in the "Game the gently caress out of the auction house and get rich" minigame right now. Check back later.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Rhymenoserous posted:

Most of us are stuck in the "Game the gently caress out of the auction house and get rich" minigame right now. Check back later.

I discovered the wonders of the "People Are Paying Way Too drat Much For Power Cores" minigame this weekend and now I'm buying all of the :10bux: housing items

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Doublestep posted:

I discovered the wonders of the "People Are Paying Way Too drat Much For Power Cores" minigame this weekend and now I'm buying all of the :10bux: housing items

We had a guy with something like 10 plat before the end of headstart. Goons.

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

I've seen a few people asking about an equipment manager, and just saw this on Curse: MrFancyPants

It's not fully-automatic, but seems like the best possible solution for set management given the current API limitations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-mbSxSFf1Q

Chewbot
Dec 2, 2005

My Revenge Meat!
Speaking of tradeskills, is technologist a viable option? I can't help but think that within a month all the weapons and armor in the world will be available for cheap on the market, but consumables never go out of style.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Chewbot posted:

Speaking of tradeskills, is technologist a viable option? I can't help but think that within a month all the weapons and armor in the world will be available for cheap on the market, but consumables never go out of style.

Crafting gear is your stepping stone into endgame, so it will always be relevant to a certain extent unless Wildstar stops getting alts/new players.

That's okay though, because Technologist, along with consumables, also makes power cores, which are the things that make crafting gear absurdly good instead of just "eh better than quest gear".

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
Couldn`t help myself. Meet ChuaohnWayne Spellslinger:

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

BaconPigbutt posted:

Couldn`t help myself. Meet ChuaohnWayne Spellslinger:

Reaching.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Ihki posted:

That also raises the issue of most procs/specials being so underwhelming. Some of them are good (move% boots in particular), most are completely useless with not that much middle ground.
I got a heavy gun with an ability that procs on landing a critical heal. :smith:

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
Every piece of crafted gear I've gotten from goons has a special effect, useful or no.

I have a pair of boots that boost dash regen by 36% and give me a speed increase when I dash.

It's pretty amazing.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
So this sword is pretty badass looking:

Not pictured: the little crescent things near the middle of the sword float and move around, it's pretty cool.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I still remember when Age of Conan launched and I'd find "good" gear with a special ability along the lines of "On hit, 1% chance to increase Attack Power by 1% for 4 seconds" or some ridiculous poo poo. Most of the effects I've seen on gear in Wildstar have at least seemed basically interesting even if they're not all great.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
I've been trying to do Kel Voreth dungeon like all day. Between queue times that are nowhere near accurate (8 seconds wait! 45 minutes later...still nothing) or a whole slew player side incompetence when I do get in...it's next to impossible. This is a lvl 20 dungeon ='(

Dropbear
Jul 26, 2007
Bombs away!

Martman posted:

I still remember when Age of Conan launched and I'd find "good" gear with a special ability along the lines of "On hit, 1% chance to increase Attack Power by 1% for 4 seconds" or some ridiculous poo poo. Most of the effects I've seen on gear in Wildstar have at least seemed basically interesting even if they're not all great.

Well, at least items have procs and other properties here. I was bored to tears by FFXIVs itemization - it was all stats, no item in the entire game had a proc or anything remotely fun going for them.

In other news, account still "suspended" for no reason. Got a message earlier that my support ticket has been "escalated", whatever that means, and that someone will be in touch. Heard nothing.

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik
"Most" being interesting feels a bit optimistic to me. Examples of level 50 PvP gear, we have the blue item set support system with a activatable ability that gives you 112 strikethrough rating for 10 seconds, placing all your item abilities on a 60 second cooldown. This amounts to something like 0,8-0,9% hit rating. Then we have the gloves that have an activation that increases all your stats by 30 for 10 seconds, again, every item goes on 60sec cooldown. These both are activatable, mutually exclusive 1% buffs. They're both taking value away from the items' point budgets.

Then we have the gadget of the same set on the same cooldown, which heals five nearby allies for 5303 and gives 4000 PvP defense (say, a 30-50% increase) for 10 seconds. If I upgrade that into a lvl50 epic I have, I could, instead, get 252 critical severity rating for a ~1% damage boost for 10 seconds :what:

By the way, :siren: be careful when moving poo poo between your bank and inventory :siren: If you double right click an item in either when both are open, you lose the item with no known way of retrieval. At least I do.

Ihki fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Jun 8, 2014

Sjonkel
Jan 31, 2012
Does it matter if I choose Crimson Isle or Levian Bay after the Dominion tutorial? Any recommendations?

FunkyFlashman
May 10, 2013
Here some fun items from 15 years ago that i remember:

(everquest)
-Manna robe, clear distinct colour pattern, no stats, VERY rare, had an effect "Manna robe" Turns in a 4sec (or so) cast HP into Mana´

-Journey Man Boots, sprint buff forever yay

-Rez click stick, epic cleric quest. YOu click it and without mana cost you can rez (high mana cost spell) as many as you want.

-Shrink device, player made. Shrinks you and in effect shrinks the whole raid. Made everything kinda alice in wonderland like. I loved it

-Invis device - Makes you invisible. Uses charges and batteries.

-Circle of shadows (only remember CoS clearly). Hard to obtain instant cast invis item. Only a set number of CoS were ingame . Made for an interesting mechanic where only the most active and oldest shadowknights/necros had this item. It cost a FORTUNE.

-Same with some weird clickable from kunark in the zone where the entrance to Plane of Nature/Tunare was. It only dropped for a short amount of time and summoned an eyeball you could control. It was REALLY useful to pullers, especially a raid puller would do everything including selling the firstborn and doing blowjobs to get a hand on this thing. I only saw it once and our monk puller pretended he didn't have such a thing it was all skill. We never found out~

-super shawl from the emperror of the snakes. Insanely rare raid item. I had to pay dkp worth 3/4 a year with 99% raid attendence. Was a server first too. This badass baby not only had super stats but had a stackable mana regen buff and it took several expansions for the stats to be replaced, the effect however is priceless and a friend who was messing up Ruin in a pvp arena with my character got called a cheater by these pvp pros because of it(lol~ taty~)

-the diablo item box where you combine items and get something else in return. They turned it into some weird alchemcy like minigame and it turned out to be tons of fun experimenting with it.
to sum it up

back then everything was better !

PS. If i read that right and at level 50 i will get clickys on items that i have to click every 60seconds for a mere 1% then all i can say to that: I won't click it. :P

FunkyFlashman fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Jun 8, 2014

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Sjonkel posted:

Does it matter if I choose Crimson Isle or Levian Bay after the Dominion tutorial? Any recommendations?
It doesn't matter a whole lot. Levian bay leads you to Ellevar and Crimson Isle leads you to Barrens Deradune. I felt Deradune had slightly more streamlined quest progression, while Ellevar quests were more spread out (ie more running).

If you're an explorer definitely go Levian Bay for the Lopp streaking quest in Ellevar.

Collateral Damage fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Jun 8, 2014

apple orchard of dreams
Jun 18, 2001
It is kinda lame that most mmos/rpgs have pretty boring itemization these days. Why can't some items be more like Diablo's uniques?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008

FunkyFlashman posted:

Here some fun items from 15 years ago that i remember:

(everquest)

-Circle of shadows (only remember CoS clearly). Hard to obtain instant cast invis item. Only a set number of CoS were ingame . Made for an interesting mechanic where only the most active and oldest shadowknights/necros had this item. It cost a FORTUNE.

-Same with some weird clickable from kunark in the zone where the entrance to Plane of Nature/Tunare was. It only dropped for a short amount of time and summoned an eyeball you could control. It was REALLY useful to pullers, especially a raid puller would do everything including selling the firstborn and doing blowjobs to get a hand on this thing. I only saw it once and our monk puller pretended he didn't have such a thing it was all skill. We never found out~

back then everything was better !

PS. If i read that right and at level 50 i will get clickys on items that i have to click every 60seconds for a mere 1% then all i can say to that: I won't click it. :P

The sperg doesn't even sperg right. The scouting eyeball and plane of growth where in Velious, and the Circle of Shadows was infinitely available, they just don't, or did not, retroactively nerf player-owned copies of items they changed, so when they added a cast time to the infinite invisibility item, the ones that were grandfathered in got immensely more valuable. This was back when no-drop/soulbound was only a thing for quest rewards or raid drops. And the pre-nerf version was Circlet of Shadow without the plural S of the nerfed version :goonsay:

• Locked thread