Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

ghetto wormhole posted:

Is the triangle a safety? Brother-captain Negligus is known for accidentally firing his weapon.

Selector switch. Firing modes are Cleanse and Purge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
According to fluff they fire multiple types of ammo, with and without casings. So ejection ports would be necessary even when caseless is the main ammo.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
The streak continues 10-0 with my stupid Daemon Summoning army ( more than half on Vassal, RW playing "cron" daemons with actual pink horrors).

Daemon summoning is really fun.

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

Autoguns are supposed to fire caseless ammunition, Bolters eject spent cartridges.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

Bolters fire self-propelled mini-rockets that don't need casings, but they have them anyway because a rain of spent brass looks cool.

The only logic 40K weapons operate on is the logic of AWESOME.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

PeterWeller posted:

Bolters fire self-propelled mini-rockets that don't need casings, but they have them anyway because a rain of spent brass looks cool.

The only logic 40K weapons operate on is the logic of AWESOME.

This is what I was trying to say earlier. This guy understands.

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

Lakedaimon posted:

Autoguns are supposed to fire caseless ammunition, Bolters eject spent cartridges.

I thought autoguns were analogous to modern day automatic weaponry and covered a wide range of guns.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Cataphract posted:

I thought autoguns were analogous to modern day automatic weaponry and covered a wide range of guns.

Autoguns are usually caseless and a little more advanced than modern guns. Stubguns=20th/21st century guns.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
Hey, I'm going to be a ghost soon. I am unable to find a buyer for anything, does anyone want to pick it up? Girlfriend will probably dump it all in the trash.

raverrn posted:

Or it's there to eject dud rounds.

This is the goddamn smartest thing I have read regarding boltguns.

Too bad the Imperium does not make duds, your execution for heresy is scheduled for: immediately, pending paperwork from the Administratum office.

(One of my favorite fluff pieces was of the Space Marine thinking to himself how the new armor plates do not perform as well as the old ones, silently scolding himself for such heretical thoughts).

Post 9-11 User fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Jun 8, 2014

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Post 9-11 User posted:

This is the goddamn smartest thing I have read regarding boltguns.

Shortest list ever.

e: vvv give this dude your 2nd ed nids and some candy and no one gets hurt.

Fix fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Jun 8, 2014

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Post 9-11 User posted:

Hey, I'm going to be a ghost soon. I am unable to find a buyer for anything, does anyone want to pick it up? Girlfriend will probably dump it all in the trash.

Wait, what?

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Tons of decent models, no one to play with and I can't push any of the extras unless I sell them for pennies on the dollar. There's a Forgeworld Eldar fighter that I painted Ulthwe which is pretty cool and will sell easily, I didn't put it up for sale because I wanted to use it and it was a gift from my brother (one of his many eBay purchases, I had to strip the paint, thick goopy purple paint).

PyroDwarf
Aug 24, 2010

Post 9-11 User posted:

Got any space wolves or necrons?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Post 9-11 User posted:

Tons of decent models, no one to play with and I can't push any of the extras unless I sell them for pennies on the dollar. There's a Forgeworld Eldar fighter that I painted Ulthwe which is pretty cool and will sell easily, I didn't put it up for sale because I wanted to use it and it was a gift from my brother (one of his many eBay purchases, I had to strip the paint, thick goopy purple paint).

Jesus gently caress, make an SAMart list. Let us (pick your bones clean) help you out of this mess.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Fix posted:

Jesus gently caress, make an SAMart list. Let us (pick your bones clean) help you out of this mess.

What mess? What the hell did I miss?

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

PyroDwarf posted:

Got any space wolves or necrons?

Nay. Eldar, Space Marines, (including bucket o' Terminators) Imperial Guard stuff, Chaos Marines, Daemons, Dark Eldar, Dark Vengeance set, uh ... more than I forget.

You know what owns? Tallarns.

What owns EVERYTHING? Tallarn Rough Riders. It was the best of stores, it was the worst of stores, Harbourfront Hobbies And Crafts in Grand Haven, MI. Maybe the owner got fatter and died, can't seem to find it online. Remember how I said they had all kinds of old bits?

Some WHFB dude for the Sergeant. Lances were spare bits someone else was nice enough to give me, yes those are Krak Grenades strapped to the tips.

Sarge has a meltabomb on his back. :neckbeard:

Have the turtle totems, too. Turtles all the way down, mang.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

So I've been a very bad/hypocritical person and bought these two off ebay for my IG army as Inquisitor and Commander/Commissar.

On the plus side I don't have to paint them as my younger brother who is back home over the summer really wanted to paint both of them because he thought they were kinda cool and he's a much more competent painter than me.
But we have agreed there will be some green stuffing on the Commissar at least to deal with the shirt issue. And probably swap out the gun too.
Slight pity that only the lead ones were available.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Post 9-11 User posted:

Nay. Eldar, Space Marines, (including bucket o' Terminators) Imperial Guard stuff, Chaos Marines, Daemons, Dark Eldar, Dark Vengeance set, uh ... more than I forget.

You know what owns? Tallarns.

What owns EVERYTHING? Tallarn Rough Riders. It was the best of stores, it was the worst of stores, Harbourfront Hobbies And Crafts in Grand Haven, MI. Maybe the owner got fatter and died, can't seem to find it online. Remember how I said they had all kinds of old bits?

Some WHFB dude for the Sergeant. Lances were spare bits someone else was nice enough to give me, yes those are Krak Grenades strapped to the tips.

Sarge has a meltabomb on his back. :neckbeard:

Have the turtle totems, too. Turtles all the way down, mang.

Do you have any unpainted space marine/chaos stuff? If so, IM me and I'll buy that off you. Also we should finally get together and game. I'll even make the trip to Staten Island :)

Sivores
May 25, 2008

All about that bass,
that smooth jazzy bass.

Post 9-11 User posted:

Dude, I'll take that dark vengance off your hands, and like terminators and what not pm me. Dude, let the greater goon absorb that awesome amount of stuff.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.
I too am interested in Space Marines. And Battlefleet Gothic if you have it. You should really consider just making a thread though.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
I'm in on some unpainted Eldar.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

IG is always needed...

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

LingcodKilla posted:

IG is always needed...

Got any tanks or chimeras you need to get rid off and are willing to risk international shipping?

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

Anybody here buy the Hammer of Cadia boxed set? I just bought a leman russ punisher + I got Pask as a late bday gift and I'm wondering if buying the boxed set just for the baneblade and russes is worth it because devil dogs seem kind of lame.

Two Feet From Bread
Apr 20, 2009

I'm. A. Fucking. Nazi.

please punch me in the face
i love it
give it to me daddy
College Slice
:siren::siren::siren::siren::siren:

Inventory is complete!!!

Linkity link!

After I removed what I wanted to keep, I have was left with $9,724.20* MSRP worth of product.

I will be selling it all for 50% off MSRP for a total of $4,862.10*.
Are there any takers for the bulk lot?

If there are no takers on the full lot then I will post the SA Mart thread on Monday at 5PM Central Standard Time

*MSRP reflects last known prices of discontinued items and Finecast prices of metal items.
:siren::siren::siren::siren::siren:

Tadhg
Aug 5, 2007

AUT MORS
AUT GLORIA

:hist101:

Cooked Auto posted:

So I've been a very bad/hypocritical person and bought these two off ebay for my IG army as Inquisitor and Commander/Commissar.

On the plus side I don't have to paint them as my younger brother who is back home over the summer really wanted to paint both of them because he thought they were kinda cool and he's a much more competent painter than me.
But we have agreed there will be some green stuffing on the Commissar at least to deal with the shirt issue. And probably swap out the gun too.
Slight pity that only the lead ones were available.

Your obsession with female guard models, particularly in cheesecake-y ones to lead your army, is both creepy and sad. Congratulations on being another example of that warhammer guy.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Two Feet From Bread posted:

I will be selling it all for 50% off MSRP for a total of $4,862.10*.
Are there any takers for the bulk lot?

:newlol: I look forward to your SA Mart posting on Monday.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Tadhg posted:

Your obsession with female guard models, particularly in cheesecake-y ones to lead your army, is both creepy and sad. Congratulations on being another example of that warhammer guy.

Did you even see how he went on about NOT wanting cheesecake female guard models a page or two ago or what.

ADudeWhoAbides
Mar 30, 2010

Two Feet From Bread posted:

*MSRP reflects last known prices of discontinued items and Finecast prices of metal items.

Are those Eldar Aspect Warriors metal?

Tadhg
Aug 5, 2007

AUT MORS
AUT GLORIA

:hist101:

Slimnoid posted:

Did you even see how he went on about NOT wanting cheesecake female guard models a page or two ago or what.

Yeah, I saw that he did. And then he posted the burlesque/saloon dancer model he bought for his inquisitor.
http://i.imgur.com/rCW9pxS.jpg

I get that it's sexist for GW to not include females in what should be a mixed-sex human wave army. But the people who set out to correct that in their armies by specifically including females as the centerpiece figures (Lord Commisar and Inquisitor) usually end up being creepy about it.

I saw him making a big deal about getting :stare: female guard models :stare: and that raised a red flag. But he made a big deal about wanting to avoid exploitative models, and so whatever, I gave him the benefit of the doubt and didn't say anything.

Then he showed us on the internet his purchase. And while it's not the worst that it could have been, it's still creepy. This hobby is full of creepy people and creepy poo poo, and that stuff should be called out when it appears.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Well that probably depends on whether he plans on unfucking them or not.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
More White Panthers!

In addition to finishing the 2nd tactical squad (2 bolter joes and a heavy weapon to go), I'm also working on a command squad to put in the Crusader until I can get some Terminators. The guy on the right is the company champion model, the guy on the left is an old Emperor's Champion I converted up from various bits back in the day and decided to go ahead and finish painting. I figure I can either use one of them as a Company Champion or use both as Relic-Blade wielding dudes in a Chapter Master retinue.

The dudes:

Side view:

Defending Glorious Leader:

In total, my army now looks like this:

1 Captain/Chapter Master
2 Emperor's Champions

1 Dreadnought

1 Tactical Squad (10) with Sergeant, Plasma Gun + Missile Launcher
1 Tactical Squad (7) with Sergeant (power fist), Meltagun
1 Assault Squad (5)

1 Vindicator
1 Land Raider Crusader

My goal is to finish the 2nd tac squad this week (I'm thinking a Heavy Bolter), then to move on to the command squad. After that it'll probably a be a Rhino then I have to figure out which of the following I want to do next (feel free to give suggestions):

- Bikes (7)
- Drop Pod
- Assault Marines (15)
- Tac Squad (10)
- Devastators (10)

I'm currently leaning toward the Devastators.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

He admitted to being a hypocritical person in his eBay purchase and even has intentions of making the models less silly so I don't see what the issue is. It's not like he posted the models and proceeded to be a grognard about them.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?

AndyElusive posted:

He admitted to being a hypocritical person in his eBay purchase and even has intentions of making the models less silly so I don't see what the issue is. It's not like he posted the models and proceeded to be a grognard about them.

He is always posting about converting female IG models and stuff, it is really weird. Everyone who I have met who actually cares about this stuff is usually a massive creep.

Two Feet From Bread
Apr 20, 2009

I'm. A. Fucking. Nazi.

please punch me in the face
i love it
give it to me daddy
College Slice

ADudeWhoAbides posted:

Are those Eldar Aspect Warriors metal?

Finecast.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

gently caress, I thought that'd make a badass inquisitor. :/

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Welp, guess I shot myself in the foot there I guess. v:v:v Not much else I can say about that without making it sound worse really so I'm just gonna leave it that.
All I really wanted was to have a decent mixed gender non-cheesecake regiment pretty much but I guess I got too insistent about it.

Squifferific
Oct 17, 2004
Proud user of machines that go "Ping!"

Big Willy Style posted:

He is always posting about converting female IG models and stuff, it is really weird. Everyone who I have met who actually cares about this stuff is usually a massive creep.

I think there's a difference between "Hey, which female models can I get that actually look like real people?" and "Check out how awesome I am at painting 28mm scale nipples and vaginas."

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

On the Games Workshop page they have a bunch of bundles for buying Unbound armies straight up. Some of the sets look kinda cool, but the Necron one is the most :effort: poo poo ever. Nine wraiths, two spyders and a stalker. Wow don't get too crazy there GW!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Woh woh woh! This is not the time to pull back. If you are gonna go creep you need to go full blown creeper. Tell us about your plans to covert anime up skirt girl statues into walkers.

Seriously whatever yer ok in my book.

• Locked thread