Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Might wanna check your coconuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
1. You tell him that....
(Pick an element from each group that you like, if you don't like the way it was structured, you can write in a different options entirely.)

Fa. (No introduction)

H. "I have been sent by the Melachim..."

I. "...Prince Saul burned the Shrine of El in Ashkalon and butchered it's people..."

N. "...I slew Prince Saul and many of his men for this grave offense."

T. "...and I was given a message to give to you. For the actions of your men in Ashkalon, your victory here is forefeit. You are to lift your siege and depart before the sun sets this eve, or great calamity will befall you."

I like Fa, but I also do not think we should omit that we killed his son. He will figure it out and being honest will get us killed faster probably has some benefit?

Re: Barkof, he's probably not a horrible maneater. When we run into him we should just tell him to go found a city somewhere, he's strong enough to do it so why the gently caress not? Just change your name and go build a city somewhere.

Affi fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Jun 8, 2014

ColonelMuttonchops
Feb 18, 2011

Young Orc
Fa.G.K.P.T.

"I have been sent by El. The Shrine of El in Ashkalon was burned by your men and it's people butchered; those who defiled the shrine were slain, and I was given a message to give to you. For the actions of your men in Ashkalon, your victory here is forefeit. You are to lift your siege and depart before the sun sets this eve, or great calamity will befall you."

Also lol at this dork trying to read our mind. Ish needs to show us how to read minds sooner or later, so we can see what people think about our unbreakable brain.

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?
D G K P T

"My name does not matter. I have been sent by El. The Shrine of El in Ashkalon was burned by your men and it's people butchered. Those who defiled the shrine were slain, and I was given a message to give to you. For the actions of your men in Ashkalon, your victory here is forefeit. You are to lift your siege and depart before the sun sets this eve, or great calamity will befall you."

I really, really want the "My name does not matter" to pass. It's got this great "gently caress you you don't need to know my name" vibe.

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.
A L P T

They were already told that Enkidel claims a message from El, repeating it is unnecessary at best and a show of fear at worst. This route is relatively direct and confident without being undiplomatic. The worst thing we can do here is shame him in front of his allies. Doing so will make him feel cornered, and give him strong incentive to retaliate against us to save face.

Daned
Jan 14, 2008

Angela Christine posted:

1. You tell him that....

B. "I am Enkidel, son of Tudiya, King of Zepath..."
G. "I have been sent by El..."
I. "...Prince Saul burned the Shrine of El in Ashkalon and butchered it's people..."
P. "...those who defiled the shrine were slain."
T. "...and I was given a message to give to you. For the actions of your men in Ashkalon, your victory here is forefeit. You are to lift your siege and depart before the sun sets this eve, or great calamity will befall you."

my vote goes for this

Edit:

maxhush posted:

Y - I am Enkidel and I have been sent by the Melachim with a message from El. Two days ago in the village of Ashkalon, on the eve of your triumph, the men of Harmath wantonly slaughtered our fathers favored creation put his shrine to the torch. For this desecration, your victory is forfeit. Those who participated this sacrilege have have been slain. You and your allies will lift the siege of Tadmor, gather your armies and return to your homes. If you do not do this by the setting of the sun hence, great calamity will befall you."

Then turn and walk out of the tent

We're here to deliver a message, nothing more

Changing my vote to this, but without introducing ourselves, our name does not matter

Daned fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Jun 8, 2014

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Y - I am Enkidel and I have been sent by the Melachim with a message from El. Two days ago in the village of Ashkalon, on the eve of your triumph, the men of Harmath wantonly slaughtered our fathers favored creation put his shrine to the torch. For this desecration, your victory is forfeit. Those who participated this sacrilege have have been slain. You and your allies will lift the siege of Tadmor, gather your armies and return to your homes. If you do not do this by the setting of the sun hence, great calamity will befall you."

We're here to deliver a message, nothing more

e: yea no real requirement for us to say who we are

alpaca diseases fucked around with this message at 11:56 on Jun 8, 2014

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

maxhush posted:

No matter what wins, we should do this.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

JT Jag posted:

maxhush posted:

drat straight.

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?

Vavrek posted:

quote:

drat straight.

Of course.

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

A tenacious little mouse!

Tomn posted:

1. Fa, G, I, O, T:

I have been sent with a message from El. Prince Saul burned the Shrine of El in Ashkalon and butchered its people - he and many of his men were slain for the deed. For the actions of your men in Ashkalon, your victory here is forfeit. You are to lift your siege and depart before the sun sets this eve, or great calamity will befall you.

maxhush posted:

This, please.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
I have a better set of responses. I think you will like them!

Hi, I am Enkidu, a giant cannibal.
I come from Zepath, where King Tudiya is my father *fart loudly*
I have here a message from El THE DEMON WHO WILL RIP AND TEAR YOUR FLESH AND SOUL FOR ALL ETERNITY
Your army did a really bad thing so you must be punished WAS VERY TASTY *smack lips together*
So what you should do is leave now before the sun sets, praying for forgiveness FLEE IN TERROR BEFORE ME

Turn and walk out of tent, smugly

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
Y - I have been sent by the Melachim with a message from El. Two days ago in the village of Ashkalon, on the eve of your triumph, the men of Harmath wantonly slaughtered our fathers favored creation put his shrine to the torch. For this desecration, your victory is forfeit. Those who participated this sacrilege have have been slain. You and your allies will lift the siege of Tadmor, gather your armies and return to your homes. If you do not do this by the setting of the sun hence, great calamity will befall you."

I like Maxhush's plan, but no mention of our name. Give the near-exact words, say very little else, and then just turn around and walk out of the tent.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
DHKT Let's not let these guys know who we are today.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

the_steve posted:

Might wanna check your coconuts.

God damnit Ishamal!!!

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

God damnit Ishamal!!!

The next time someone tries to mindread us, we're going to smell coconut milk instead of citrus.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

maxhush posted:

This is good, yes.

A shame we don't have a mic we could drop - if we were feeling suicidal we could have dropped Saul's sword, though.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

the_steve posted:

The next time someone tries to mindread us, we're going to smell coconut milk instead of citrus.

I wonder what it is that people see when they try to mindread us. Do they just get an image of citrus trees lazily swaying in the breeze? Or does it somehow just dissuade them from continuing? They must think we're a complete idiot who daydreams about groves of fruit trees 24/7.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

Tomn posted:

This is good, yes.

A shame we don't have a mic we could drop - if we were feeling suicidal we could have dropped Saul's sword, though.

Voting we drop Sauls sword as a mic as we turn and exit the stage.

It's funny how I'm willing to sacrifice our life for fun poo poo but putting our dog in danger is like oh god dammit no.

Aades
Nov 28, 2005

Guns Up!

I'm assuming that the survivors from Saul's men already made it back to camp and told everybody about how a giant black man attacked them. If the king knows that, then he may not believe Og if Og acts as if someone else did the deed. That was my reasoning for mentioning that we killed Saul.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

There Bias Two posted:

They must think we're a complete idiot who daydreams about groves of fruit trees 24/7.

Enkidel: The Jimmy Buffett of Ur.

Cheeseburger on Mt. Har

Wastin' Away Again in Fruitydrinkville

A Cannibal Looks at Forty

Why Don't We Get Drunk (And Poop)

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Vote count is updated through paragon1.

UppaTree
May 4, 2013

Sadly, we gave Saul's sword up along with the rest of our weapons.

Also, I may be wrong, but I don't think it's all that unique, so most folks probably wouldn't even know who it belonged to. It isn't a Mighty work of art, merely a very good sword, like a man of status might have - and we look crazy-Blooded, so it's probably our sword.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

We gave our weapons to Danal to hold. They don't have it.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Razakai posted:

Y - I have been sent by the Melachim with a message from El. Two days ago in the village of Ashkalon, on the eve of your triumph, the men of Harmath wantonly slaughtered our fathers favored creation put his shrine to the torch. For this desecration, your victory is forfeit. Those who participated this sacrilege have have been slain. You and your allies will lift the siege of Tadmor, gather your armies and return to your homes. If you do not do this by the setting of the sun hence, great calamity will befall you."

I like Maxhush's plan, but no mention of our name. Give the near-exact words, say very little else, and then just turn around and walk out of the tent.

Backing this. Holy messengers don't mince words and they don't stick around to chitchat (unless they're talking to us, the notoriously curious-to-the-point-of-mental-damage cannibal boy from the sea).

Now would've been a really good time to know some badass super stealth to disappear around a corner, though.

Christina Arugula
Aug 10, 2004
How do you like your lawn? Broiled or charred?
Ramrod XTreme

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Vote count is updated through paragon1.

Changing my vote from B to Fa. Don't let them know who we are!

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

Looks like everything but the first section is locked in.

Changing vote from D to Fa

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

Also changing from B to Fa.

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -