Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Really need to switch usernames for accuracy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Pi Soup posted:

In case anyone's wondering where this is from here you go http://www.27bslash6.com/overdue.html. The full email chain is excellent.

Seconding.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

umalt posted:

BATS AREN'T BUGS!

Look, who's giving this report?

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

What is Boondock Saints?

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

In the Chamber of Understanding

syscall girl posted:

What is Boondock Saints?

:golfclap: You beat me to it.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast

Wilford Cutlery posted:

Look, who's giving this report?

Speaking of which, Bill Watterson did a thing.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

RFC2324 posted:

Fyi, neo-nazis are the hosed up poo poo happening in mongolia.

They're also rabid environmentalists whose headquarters are in the back room of a lingerie shop in Ulan Baator.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Bushmeister posted:

They're also rabid environmentalists whose headquarters are in the back room of a lingerie shop in Ulan Baator.

I think we need to start being obsessed with how crazy mongolians are, instead of the Japanese.

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

RFC2324 posted:

Are we the baddies?

But we've got skulls on our hats!

(I love this and no-one seemed to get it)

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

sugar mouse posted:

Everyone gets it. It's David Mitchell. Everyone knows David Mitchell. David Mitchell is the new camel-spider/all your base/kill it with fire/P-P-P-Powerbook.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

sugar mouse posted:

Really? No one in the David Mitchell thread got that joke?

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

sugar mouse posted:

Yeah, lots of people get it, its from the David Mitchell show.

Rapman the Cook has a new favorite as of 11:09 on Jun 8, 2014

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

Rapman the Cook posted:

Well thank god for that.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Pi Soup posted:

In case anyone's wondering where this is from here you go http://www.27bslash6.com/overdue.html. The full email chain is excellent.

Soulex posted:

That guy is loving hilarious.

Am I the only person in the western world that thinks he's basically a low-effort troll in email re:re:re:fw:re: form, and not funny in the slightest?

Hydrolith
Oct 30, 2009

Rapman the Cook posted:

Btw, this is a real book - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bugalugs_Bum_Thief. The author is really well respected, too.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Rapman the Cook posted:

In primary school, we went on an excursion to see a puppet show based on this book. It was pretty much the highlight of primary school; it was really great.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Istari posted:

In primary school, we went on an excursion to see a puppet show based on this book. It was pretty much the highlight of primary school; it was really great.

Is it about someone stealing :yosbutt:?

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli
Yup. I vaguely recall it starts off with everyone waking up to find their bums missing and chaos reining from the issues arising from having no arse to sit on or hold your pants up.

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style

Rapman the Cook posted:

Are those red patches on the ground the pools of blood that poured out from their ripped-off arses? Because that's pretty dark for a children's book. :wtc:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Mr. Gibbycrumbles posted:

Are those red patches on the ground the pools of blood that poured out from their ripped-off arses? Because that's pretty dark for a children's book. :wtc:

I think those are just shadows.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

RFC2324 posted:

Is it about someone stealing :yosbutt:?

Obviously. I thought the title was pretty self-explanatory.

BrassRoots
Jan 9, 2012

You can play a shoestring if you're sincere - John Coltrane
This was actually one of my favourite books as a kid. When you're young, bums are funny. To my recollection they find them all in a pile somewhere and everyone has to be able to pick out their own bums with big ones, small ones etc. The illustrations make it awesome though.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Istari posted:

It is, it just surprises the hell out of me to find out about a childrens book about a booty bandit.

something something homosexual agenda.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Istari posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58ueiL10PUY

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
A story about someone stealing homeless people is far more ridiculous.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

As an illiterate man, this is one of my greatest fears.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
The question that presents itself from that picture is this:

Is it worse to eat a skittle when you're expecting an M&M or to eat an M&M expecting a skittle?

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Master Twig posted:

Is it worse to eat a skittle when you're expecting an M&M or to eat an M&M expecting a skittle?

Sort of depends if you have a nut allergy

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

Master Twig posted:

Either way, it's even worse to wind up eating both at once.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

N. Senada posted:

As an illiterate man, this is one of my greatest fears.

Just avoid all the "W"s and you'll be fine.

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl

RFC2324 posted:

I think we need to start being obsessed with how crazy mongolians are, instead of the Japanese.

There's like five mongolians though

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Beatnik-Filmstar posted:

I went to the MN state fair last summer. One of the things I was looking forward to was denied me.

I've never come closer to a Homer anguish moment in my life.

I know this was from a few pages ago, but this beer was pretty crappy. The beer itself was kind of blandly malty, and the "mini donut" taste came from a cinnamon sugar rim on the cup. It was really disappointing. The same booth was selling onion rings battered in Indeed Day Tripper (it's a pale ale) and those were loving fantastic.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

djssniper posted:

Sort of depends if you have a nut allergy

Regular M&Ms don't have nuts in them and the ones that do aren't the same shape as Skittles though.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Memento posted:

Am I the only person in the western world that thinks he's basically a low-effort troll in email re:re:re:fw:re: form, and not funny in the slightest?

Hi, western world duder here. It's still funny. Maybe not to you, but to some of us it is.

P.s. The re:re:re:re:fw are conversations between the person and himself, not some chain letter "reply in 5 weeks or you get cancer" thing.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

RyokoTK posted:

I know this was from a few pages ago, but this beer was pretty crappy. The beer itself was kind of blandly malty, and the "mini donut" taste came from a cinnamon sugar rim on the cup. It was really disappointing. The same booth was selling onion rings battered in Indeed Day Tripper (it's a pale ale) and those were loving fantastic.

I kinda assumed it would have tasted not that great, but just had to try out of morbid curiosity and was oddly annoyed that they were sold out by the time I got there. Thanks for the info. (Though I'll still try it if I ever see it somewhere.) In true internet fashion, I was really there that day to go to a damned internet cat video festival.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

tickle monster posted:

You have to remember, this is only a tiny tiny fraction of the population in a few countries. I have yet to meet a stable, working adult in Japan that also listens to idol music like AKB48 or watches anime. They think the people that do are just as weird as we do.

There's probably a lot more people who are stable but also fans in America because it's from a different culture, and therefore the weirdness is separate? And they think mainstream Japan approves of it.
I know a few people who work at hedge funds and big banks on wall street but at the same time watch and are really into the AKB00048 anime and similar shows.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Philip J Fry posted:

Speaking of which, Bill Watterson did a thing.

Oh man, that's awesome :) I like both C&H and PBS, so glad that Bill was willing to do a little project like that, even if there was a chance he'd never do it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

Memento posted:

I'm pretty certain that at least the vast majority of his stuff is fake. I think they're funny pieces of writing, but I have a hard time believing he's able to find so many perfect rubes who are willing to be endlessly strung along.

• Locked thread