Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Winson_Paine posted:

So do people really hate each other after these things, or do folks generally let it go post game?

:munch:

Emotions in this game get really highly charged. I was a mess after voting out Asiina and tanked my own game at FTC cause I'd stopped caring. As soon as the game was over we had a chat and she said some hard words to me but also forgave me but even then there's still a certain amount of guilt I'm still carrying around. I know that our friendship will never be quite what it could be cause there's a level of trust I'm never going to get back but being a pair of internet jerks who insult each other and insult other people more is something we can handle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.

Rarity posted:

Emotions in this game get really highly charged. I was a mess after voting out Asiina and tanked my own game at FTC cause I'd stopped caring. As soon as the game was over we had a chat and she said some hard words to me but also forgave me but even then there's still a certain amount of guilt I'm still carrying around. I know that our friendship will never be quite what it could be cause there's a level of trust I'm never going to get back but being a pair of internet jerks who insult each other and insult other people more is something we can handle.

Huh. I have thoughts for this but I will save them for the after action report, I think. I should save something to give answers at the end, there are a lot of loving questionarres apparently

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Rarity posted:

Seriously you were in such a bad way for days after that play that it was obvious it wasn't really worth it. I'll be honest, seeing what that game did to you played a huge influence in deciding if I wanted to play this game and the attitude I was going to carry into it.

(Particularly as I felt responsible for throwing you at Grody when he tried to get me to do Big Brother)

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Trust is what makes or breaks this game! I kind of feel like I trust everybody.

I trust Skinty to have a very thick accent.

I trust Fast Luck not to have a hidden idol.

I trust Majuju to have Comic Sans installed on his computer.

I trust Winson to have poop on the brain.

And so on, and so forth.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

:munch: Fronz is probably one of my closest Internet Friends and he refused to talk to me for about a full week after Survivor Season 2 when I backstabbed him in such a fashion he wouldn't even believe it was me, until I felt bad and came clean about it. He was pretty loving upset :munch:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Skinty McEdger posted:

Seriously you were in such a bad way for days after that play that it was obvious it wasn't really worth it. I'll be honest, seeing what that game did to you played a huge influence in deciding if I wanted to play this game and the attitude I was going to carry into it.

(Particularly as I felt responsible for throwing you at Grody when he tried to get me to do Big Brother)

Well I'm glad you did because even if she did screw me in the end I probably wouldn't have made it as far as I did without her, and now I have a close internet friend.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Asiina posted:

Well I'm glad you did because even if she did screw me in the end I probably wouldn't have made it as far as I did without her, and now I have a close internet friend.

Awww I <3 you too, fellow internet jerk :glomp:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
:munch: There are a few people here, myself included, who found Awful Survivor through people advertising the game in the TVIV Survivor thread, played a season of AS/ABB, made friends with Mafia players, and then started playing Mafia as a way to keep in touch with internet friends/make new ones. Also, I've been hanging out in the Viewer's Vista every time there's a new season and I've found it to be a nice little internet community to shoot the poo poo with while swapping stories and e-hanging out. :) :munch:

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

Propaganda Machine posted:

I trust Majuju to have Comic Sans installed on his computer.

I tried to delete it once but it bluescreened my machine...except instead of a monospace system font, the bluescreen was all in Comic Sans!!!

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Murmur Twin posted:

:munch: There are a few people here, myself included, who found Awful Survivor through people advertising the game in the TVIV Survivor thread, played a season of AS/ABB, made friends with Mafia players, and then started playing Mafia as a way to keep in touch with internet friends/make new ones. Also, I've been hanging out in the Viewer's Vista every time there's a new season and I've found it to be a nice little internet community to shoot the poo poo with while swapping stories and e-hanging out. :) :munch:

On the flip side, I don't think I'd seen Asiina in TVIV before the game, but she's been a fun mod and at one point she ~*magically appeared*~ in the Gordon Ramsey thread to talk about Top Chef. So that's fun, too.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

On the flip side, I don't think I'd seen Asiina in TVIV before the game, but she's been a fun mod and at one point she ~*magically appeared*~ in the Gordon Ramsey thread to talk about Top Chef. So that's fun, too.

I actually joined up like Murmur Twin via an advertisement in the Survivor thread.

I don't post too often in TVIV but I read a bunch of threads there.

I'm one of the like 5 people who post in the Grey's Anatomy thread!

I just don't post a lot during shows when most of the posting happens because I don't have cable, so I have to watch things after they air.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Asiina posted:

I actually joined up like Murmur Twin via an advertisement in the Survivor thread.

I just don't post a lot during shows when most of the posting happens because I don't have cable, so I have to watch things after they air.

!!!

I....really can't recall EVER seeing you in the Survivor thread, which is weird even with your excuse since it tends to remain quite active between episodes, and active enough in the off-season.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

!!!

I....really can't recall EVER seeing you in the Survivor thread, which is weird even with your excuse since it tends to remain quite active between episodes, and active enough in the off-season.

I have a whole 25 posts(!) in the thread last season.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

winvirus posted:

:munch: Fronz is probably one of my closest Internet Friends and he refused to talk to me for about a full week after Survivor Season 2 when I backstabbed him in such a fashion he wouldn't even believe it was me, until I felt bad and came clean about it. He was pretty loving upset :munch:
Lol why do people do things like this

Asiina posted:

I have a whole 25 posts(!) in the thread last season.
Oh hey that function works now.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Murmur Twin posted:

drat straight. Now if I can just sneak you into the fantasy football league this year.... :)

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Asiina posted:

I screwed over capps and Jake pretty bad, but as far as I can tell there's no hard feelings anymore for me.
:gibs:

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

Asiina posted:

:munch: I watched grey's the first like eight seasons but after the plane crash I just couldn't anymore. gently caress that show. gently caress it so much. It's so stupid. gently caress you, Shonda Rhimes. :munch:

and now scandal is sucking me in the same way. it's loving Stockholm syndrome

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I will never stop watching Grey's Anatomy. I'm way too invested and it's been too long to quit now, so they can do whatever they want and I'll stick it out.

Lost was the same way. They could have told me that they were all in a zoo for aliens and I would have just accepted it, because why not.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Lost was cool and had a good ending.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

They could have told me that they were all in a zoo for aliens and I would have just accepted it, because why not.

I kind of want to see this show.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

King Burgundy posted:

I kind of want to see this show.

:munch: Just read Slaughterhouse Five :munch:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Asiina posted:

Lost was the same way. They could have told me that they were all in a zoo for aliens and I would have just accepted it, because why not.

This is way better than the actual ending.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Rebuttal: A terribly formatted video

I didn't mind the ending to Lost, but like I said, I would have accepted anything at that point.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Asiina posted:

Rebuttal: A terribly formatted video

I didn't mind the ending to Lost, but like I said, I would have accepted anything at that point.

This is amazing.

You are amazing.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Challenge in roughly 90 minutes. Punctuality is key in this one!

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

John Cena posted:

Bring it, Cena

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Winson_Paine posted:

Bring it, Cena

I believe the phrase you're looking for is just bring it.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I want some and would like to come get some.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Winson_Paine posted:

Bring it, Cena

I'll bring it in 30, challenge delayed until 8

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

John Cena posted:

I won't be here, then.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Are you telling us we can't see this challenge?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

John Cena posted:

Good poo poo, Cena. You've trolled us all.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

John Cena posted:

I LEFT THE PARK FOR THIS YOU COCK

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

John Cena posted:

John Cena posted:

oops

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

:mad:

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Look, love him or hate him you have to respect him.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?
This is the challenge. He wanted to see who would actually be here. Gj team.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

John Cena posted:

GO MAN GO

If it doesn't work with my phone it's my own fault.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sometimes I feel like I should just stop showing up for challenges.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I feel everyone who showed up on time should get immunity.

• Locked thread